• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guesong

New map looks So dull.

Thought for sure they would make Tristram or something. Too much effort I guess when they Can Just retool BoE and call it a Day.:/

Milly79

well you don't actually control her directly. Probably a slight step up from normal heroes but not like vikings or something

I mean do you not send her to attack and can recall her? Admittedly I haven't read much about all the info, but I saw he becomes "vulnerable"? If she dies?

Eric WK

From Reddit:

2 ultis:
bestial wrath for misha
summon Stampede like thing
Q: is throw axe (skillshot)
W: Misha charge
E: heal Misha and yourself if she is in range.
D: whistle (call back Misha)

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I've been away from this game for a while (thanks, Witcher) and I see a lot has changed. Some cool heroes being announced and Butcher/Leoric have been launched. I feel so out of the loop haha.

Complistic

Artanis looks sooo cool. Will probably pass on Monk and rexxar.

Though the impulse to buy rexxar and only attack core over and over is tempting.

Leaked video showcasing Rexxar/Misha gameplay:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMmoQvGQ0aA

89754-SHEEIT-gif-Clay-Davis-The-Wire-R90q.gif

Alavard

I see the Rexxar info from Reddit, but it appears no one posted the Kharazim info from Reddit yet:

https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/3fuz7i/new_info_about_monk_3_new_monk_traits_and/

At level 1, Kharazim can choose his own trait from the 3 below:
Transcendence - Heals Kharazim through melee combat every third strike
Iron Fist - Boosts his attack damage
Insight - Allows Kharazim to restore his mana
Abilities: Korean Leaked Official Monk abilities trailer
Q Ability: Radiant Dash Quickly teleportjump to allies or enemies, based on charges. Means you can get across the battlefield pretty nippy like.
W ability: Breath of Heaven heals you and people around you. That's your core support ability.
E ability: Deadly Reach, which extends your reach and gives extra damage/attack speed.
Heroic Abilities:
Seven-Sided Strike: Become untargetable and land 7 attacks on nearby enemies (heroes prioritized)
Divine Palm: This is a healing buff. You strike an ally and give them an aura. If they die with the aura attached they come back from death.

Complistic

Monk is indeed a Tyrande/Tass-style support, based on what people are saying from the demo. :(

As he should be. Wouldn't make sense for any of the diablo main characters to be full support.

Unfortunate that we are still lacking more full support though.

Alur

Just got back from dropping off my son and got to look at the news. Thoughts:

• Still hype for monk. BELIEVE. His Q sounds mighty useful.
  • Monk abilities look gorgeous
  • Rexxar is a warrior? Ranged? Wut?!
  • I bet Rhaknar had a mess to clean up when he saw Misha
  • Still concerned with how viable Misha will be without just getting insta-gibbed like all summoned pets do (though she is constant).
  • His R2 (Unleash the Boars) is almost exactly like Fortress from Vainglory's ultimate. Pretty neat.
  • Treasure goblin mount? WTF lol
  • Blackheart's Doubloon mount bb. <3 u alrdy
  • Judgement Uther finally? Plzkthx
  • Earthbreaker Thrall looks good. Now just give him a little buff...
  • Visually Artanis looks cool as hell
  • The mechanic for Infernal Shrines seems better than the BoE one, IMO
  • If it does target heroes it'll have to be borderline OP/raid boss level to not be useless from my POV
  • With two maps visually the same do you think they'll end up retiring one?

Monk is indeed a Tyrande/Tass-style support, based on what people are saying from the demo. :(

Well he should be at least a 33% upgrade theoretically. He does at least have a healing/support ultimate which looks to be pretty useful. Seems like he'll be a nice pairing with melee.

EDIT: Overwatch appeared on my Battle.net app. y u do dis Blitzaard

NeoCross

Artanis looks too awesome. Excited for rexxar as well because I like playing hunter/multitasking class so he's already an instant buy for me.

Alur

I wonder what the catalyst is for all these warriors? I mean we could use them up to Leoric, but now it's kind of overwhelming the other classes (if Artanis comes third. If not and it's something else, /shrug).

Pretty damn excited they seem to be trying to keep to their word on content timetables, though. I thought we might hit a dry spell.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
just woke up

PERMA PET BABY FUCK YEAH

Monk doesnt look like a "proper" healer, oh well.

dat hammer skin o_O

Alavard

I wonder what the catalyst is for all these warriors? I mean we could use them up to Leoric, but now it's kind of overwhelming the other classes (if Artanis comes third. If not and it's something else, /shrug).

Pretty damn excited they seem to be trying to keep to their word on content timetables, though. I thought we might hit a dry spell.

They talked before about how they've got a master spreadsheet of all the heroes coming down, including those that are just ideas and early concepts, and how's its partly driven by the community's interest and ideas. But clearly it's also partly driven by filling missing role/franchise combinations like the Diablo Support and Starcraft Warrior.

So it's probably not so much that they've tried to focus on Warriors specifically, but have just ended up with a bunch of new hero niches that happen to be warriors.

Johanna - super heavy tank
Leoric - unique resurrection mechanics
Rexxar - ranged warrior with a permanent pet
Artanis - Starcraft warrior

I totally agree that at this point we could use more ranged assassins, but they're probably trying to make them as unique as possible.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
time to start saving gold for Rexxar's master skin (after Nazeebo's)

Now we cut to live footage of Rhaknar upon waking up and learning the dream was real:

wZ1KXt0.gif

it actually works exactly like I wanted (like it should), you dont control misha she just attacks what you attack. Our doubt was how would that work since people would just quickly focus her down, and that doubt was anwsered by rexxar being a ranged (lol) warrior, so him and her should be quite sturdy. Also she just comes back after a little while when she dies, I really want to know the respawn time

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Rhaknar

Rexxar should be quite soon, deffinitely the one after Kherazim, since we have video for all his abilities and shit. Hopefully continues the fast release schedule of late

Rhaknar

do we know the cooldown on his heal or how much it heals? I mean... Malf and Rehgar only have 1 heal and we consider them a full support

Alur

Our doubt was how would that work since people would just quickly focus her down, and that doubt was anwsered by rexxar being a ranged (lol) warrior, so him and her should be quite sturdy. Also she just comes back after a little while when she dies, I really want to know the respawn time

I don't see how that doubt is answered at all. It all depends on the numbers. He's ranged and she's not. She's gonna be in the shit and he isn't. He does have a heal, at least, but a lot of this depends on her HP and respawn timer cause she doesn't have her own mind to back out when low HP.

If she's super tanky and respawns in a decent time, could be OP. If she's splitting HP with Rexxar in a more traditional way, the respawn would have to be pretty low to be good.

I'd imagine (hope) there will be a line of talents just dedicated to her tankiness/survival.

Seriously guys this is a good thing. Game needs to get away from half to full life bar restoring heals.

Well to be fair, his second ult looks like it is about a 3/4th HP heal :p

kirblar

Seriously guys this is a good thing. Game needs to get away from half to full life bar restoring heals.
It's only a good thing if they bring the other 5 n line, which they have made 0 indication of doing.

So it's a bad thing, because we don't need more of the half-assed healers at the moment, and are instead being overloaded on warriors.

Rhaknar

I don't see how that doubt is answered at all. It all depends on the numbers. He's ranged and she's not. She's gonna be in the shit and he isn't. He does have a heal, at least, but a lot of this depends on her HP and respawn timer cause she doesn't have her own mind to back out when low HP.

If she's super tanky and respawns in a decent time, could be OP. If she's splitting HP with Rexxar in a more traditional way, the respawn would have to be pretty low to be good.

I'd imagine (hope) there will be a line of talents just dedicated to her tankiness/survival.

there is, the talents are out. One gives her vampiric assault etc

Zafir

I'm inclined to agree, but they really need to rework the current healers if that's the case. At the moment pure healers clearly give a bit of an advantage.

I feel like hero design would be better if the heroes were build around an idea, rather than a role personally, but that'll probably never happen since Blizzard seem pretty happy with the role classifications.

I agree. People need to get away from the impression that supports are just there to stand in the back tossing heals. I'm hoping monk is compelling enough that the meta will become a little friendlier to the currently unpopular supports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom