• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Abathur's hat wasn't really built for siege damage and that is his defining characteristic. Murky's design was about making a little annoying shit. The fact that the pufferfish does strong damage against structures is not what defines him.

It wasn't just pufferfish that used to be siege damage heavy, Alpha Murky's March of the Murlocs would absolutely wreck forts. If Murky was left to his own devices he could push a lane up to your core solo. Alpha Murky was a siege damage monster, so much so most Murky's would ignore everything and split-push.

Now he's kind of swung to the opposite extreme. All in on March and siege damage to all in on Octo-grab and single target delete.

jediyoshi

If anyone shortcuts through Steam, I made a custom banner

qKvV8gO.png

Zafir

How do you even shortcut through Steam? Every time I try it throws me at the login screen and won't let me login.

Really? Worked for me when I added the HeroesSwitcher.exe instead of the normal exe.

That said I don't really do it much. Having to log in every time is rather annoying.

jediyoshi

Gn0LbrH.png

How do you even shortcut through Steam? Every time I try it throws me at the login screen and won't let me login.

I shortcut to HeroesSwitcher_x64.exe
Login is a bummer, but it works after that for me. Also nice not having to deal with the bnet client since hots is the only game I play. Weirdly Hearthstone doesn't work without some trickery, hopefully there's no trouble with Overwatch.

Maledict

So cleanse is getting nerfed / changed. Will no longer grant unstoppable, but will give 2 seconds of reduced duration for cc instead. Which means no precleansing to stop abilities going off.

No idea if it still removes the current active cc.

kirblar

So cleanse is getting nerfed / changed. Will no longer grant unstoppable, but will give 2 seconds of reduced duration for cc instead. Which means no precleansing to stop abilities going off.

Very happy with this.

Alur

I'd be happy with them toning down CC period, but I have to say I agree with the Cleanse change. Shit is unhealthy being everywhere.
Murky bias showing even though it still rarely gets cleansed at our MMR

Yesshhh.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
you guys have no idea how excited about Rexxar I am. he could be the worst piece of shit ever ill still main him

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
odds on Misha respawn timer? cant be too long. 10 secs?

10 secs is enough time to gank rexxar if you kill her I guess

Rhaknar

gimme Rexxar with Monk blizzard! ;_;

we only had 2 heroes at the same time once right? Anub and...err...Anub and Thrall?

Ketch

I think monk might be the first hero I don't get day one since jaina.

I'll wait for the 10k price

Much more excited for Rexar.

Celegus

Anyone have some tips or videos for playing Leoric and not getting 10 deaths? Granted 2 of my 3 games as him were solo queue with people giving up and going afk 10 minutes in, so I haven't had the best experience.

Anyone have some tips or videos for playing Leoric and not getting 10 deaths? Granted 2 of my 3 games as him were solo queue with people giving up and going afk 10 minutes in, so I haven't had the best experience.

Early game-
Harass with W and try to maximize it
Q is great for clearing/harassing/pushing
E to get away

Mid game-Start being a bit more risky. Push hard, clear waves, in team fights try to W the tank so you can heal/deal the most damage.

Late game-Hopefully you collected enough orbs and picked the 'Q heals you' talent, it's time to Murky it up. Push push push!

Don't listen to me.

Use Drain Hope for sustain and harass on any aggressive melee hero. Walk out of their right click range but keep them in Drain Hope's AoE. You can bully so many heroes out of lane early with Drain Hope.

If the map looks like it will be long, go for Reanimation (health globe pick ups for increased regen) at tier one. If it looks like it's going to be shorter, go for increased range on Drain Hope. The second tier talent for sustain is Fealty Unto Death, when minions die around Leoric they heal him and provide mana. This makes harassing with Drain Hope easier. This makes Leoric harder to teamfight in the middle of massive minion mobs. I usually take a mace enhancement at the thrid tier but the burst heal could be helpful. It's useful while you're alive or dead.

You're not going to burst anyone down, you beat them through sustain with Drain Hope, Reanimation and/or Fealty Unto Death. You wear people down.

Don't take Entomb if you don't have a semi-decent team to back you up. It's great for locking down squishies like Jaina and Kael pre-20 but you need burst damage to back you up. March of the Black King is something you'll have to whiff on a few times to kno when you should use it.

You can hearth back to fountain while you're a ghost, don't spawn uselessly in the middle to the enemy team. It is hilarious for catching a lone, wounded hero out tho.

Milly79

Cleanse nerf boiz

1. no longer gives unstoppable

2. if cast on a non-cced target, gives 50% cc reduction for 2 sec

3. if cast on a cced target, removes that cc and gives 50% cc reduction for 2 sec

Rhaknar

You're late with that info Milly! Go sit in the corner and no more Nova for you, only Murky!

Alur

Where? All I see is the info about the new heroes!

Last page:

|
|
V

Very happy with this.

|
|
V

I'd be happy with them toning down CC period, but I have to say I agree with the Cleanse change. Shit is unhealthy being everywhere.
Murky bias showing even though it still rarely gets cleansed at our MMR

|
|
V

Great change, hope they dont take away cleanse as removal, but precleansing is ridic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom