• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milly79

Manuel Schenkhuizen @followgrubby

Kreygasm I played quite a few games with Monk and Rexxar and on the Infernal Shrines battleground. Hero retalenting of Kerri & Azmo Raynor!!

1:54pm · 5 Aug 2015

kirblar

Okay what bout Kerrigan, Raynor and Azmodan talent reworks on the GC build?!
One of Kerrigan's L1 talents is now baked in- I'd guess range on the E. Her shields now last for 20s, and she has a talent later on that lets her HP regen increase while she has shields up.

Spl1nter

One of Kerrigan's L1 talents is now baked in- I'd guess range on the E. Her shields now last for 20s, and she has a talent later on that lets her HP regen increase while she has shields up.

Sounds exactly like what she needed. Awesome as she is one of my favourites.

Wtb overwatch. This game is too team dependent for me to play enjoyably now that the shine has worn off. Love watching the competitive scene tho

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I will cry about that hammer skin not being on sale every week when new deals are announced.

You have been warned

Ketch

the fuck

you play this too

and you won't Dota with me

salty.gif

two years and you'll be at blizzcon instead of key arena.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Apparently there's more stuff coming Friday during a livestream, including the 4th on-deck hero.

I'm still hoping it's Deckard Cain. I want a Deckard cain diablo support. Complete with him having a stun where he says "Stay awhile and listen."

yeah no

that's not techies

also your invoker is super lame

he's technically techies

he blows up and causes damage

he also has this net. This net you see he grabs enemies. And when he does he whacks them with a fish. He gets an upgrade that increases the nets damage by 10000x. And he gets a shark too.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Oh hey dota peeps shitting on this game, this is what the thread needed :)

Rhaknar

Zags Maw negates everything in the game. It also interrupts everything including Diablo's fire ult

So only the CE Legacy comes with the mount and Artanis right? Gonna have to preorder that thing soon

Thank you. I messed up the timing on Maw once and thought that was the case. However, the Kael on my team was nice and adjusted his timing so he'd Phoenix the targets right as Maw finished and then Gravity Lapse them to trap them longer.

Also, last night a Muradin Haymaker'd someone out of an Octograb that was about to get Puffer'd :(

Maledict

Zags Maw negates everything in the game. It also interrupts everything including Diablo's fire ult

So only the CE Legacy comes with the mount and Artanis right? Gonna have to preorder that thing soon

All pre-orders get Artanis, and the CE gets the mount,

Rhaknar

good timing on the 800g quest when im 2k off 10k for Zeebo's master skin and a handful of games away from level 10

they are watching

So I spent a day reading Abathur guides and watching videos trying to see how I can be more aggressive and get more exp for my group. Result? 9 straight losses and me bitching in GAF chat like anyone wants to hear that shit. I say fuck it and go back to my usual playstyle, win the first game with our team 3 levels ahead. I'm not even sure what I'm doing right or wrong in this game anymore.

kirblar

So I spent a day reading Abathur guides and watching videos trying to see how I can be more aggressive and get more exp for my group. Result? 9 straight losses and me bitching in GAF chat like anyone wants to hear that shit. I say fuck it and go back to my usual playstyle, win the first game with our team 3 levels ahead. I'm not even sure what I'm doing right or wrong in this game anymore.
Is your normal playstyle backdoor?

No, but I'm not even sure now how to describe the difference between what I do that works and what I've been trying to do and failing. I think it's the old trying too hard wall that I'm hitting. If I relax and do what experience tells me makes sense I just seem to do a lot better than getting flowchart tunnel vision.

The problem I think is that several characters in this just seemed to make sense to me out of the gate and trying to overthink what I've been doing is enabling me making stupid mistakes.

Enough navel gazing though, I'm kinda excited for Rexxar. Monk is not doing it for me, but I need more supports to play, so I'll wait until I see his impact before I write him off the buy list.

Artanis looks like a Dragon Ball fusion of Zeratul and Tassadar. Are the Protoss this boring in Starcraft too? ;p

Alur

On THH they talked about how the Blackheart's Doubloon mount or Treasure Goblin mount could potentially be the next level of the Money Pig mount. They suggested 50,000g.

I think it'd more likely be the Treasure Goblin and be 40,000g, but what do you guys think? Definitely seems possible one of those could be the next gold sink.

Also inb4 Funny Bunny Murky with red eyes riding Treasure Goblin.

Alur

That would be sweet. So many ways they can go with cool mounts and skins. Honestly surprised they trickle them out this slowly.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

If you try to go hyper aggressive with Abathur you basically need to put mines for vision around you and watch the minimap like a hawk. And I would only do that when you are already ahead. Trying to play aggressively from behind is just going to get yourself killed.

Valus

Something crazy happened yesterday. I was playing Sonya on Blackhearts Bay, and was doing the Sonya thing of running around collecting camps and shit. I had 12 coins, went to turn in. Enemy team comes in from the right and I'm like fuck this I'm out. After I get away, Sonya starts talking A LOT and saying so much shit. I couldn't hear it all but she was talking for a good 10-15 seconds. Saying something like:

"Let it be known that today is the day that I challenged 5 heroes by myself and survived....something something something...I need to do this...something...so I can raise my MMR! somethig something"

It was fucking crazy and hilarious and weird.

Edit:

So I looked it up and that's not exactly what she said. I guess she says a bunch of stuff depending on how much you click her?

”Why do you bother me?”

“Choose your next words carefully.”

“I swear, the next person who names me Barbie on Battle.net gets an axe to the forehead.”

“Bul-Kathos, I have never prayed to you before. I have no tongue for it. No one will remember why we fight, or why we die. All that matters is that five stood against five. I ask you, grant me one request. Improve my MMR! If you do not listen, then to hell with you!”

“Let’s see, crush enemies, done. Drive them before me, of course. Hear the lamentations of their women… let’s skip that one.”

“You! Death by snu snu!”

“Blondes may have more fun, but redheads are more fun.”

“Gingers do have souls, okay?”

“I keep killing, but no loot comes out. This game makes no sense.”

“Ever have that nightmare where you’re at work in your underwear? That’s me, every day.”

“If I ever find out who invented the chainmail bikini, I’m going to punch their jaw off their face.”

“Once in my many travels, a pig of a man told me to make him a sandwich. So I sliced him nice and thin.”

She's level 15 for me and I only heard the first two until yesterday. So weird.

Rhaknar

woof bad day today, 1-3 so far. was bound to happen I guess how its going lately

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom