• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
that presentation made me realize I really dont care at all about wow anymore. Oh well, it was 10+ years, no other game did that so its fine

bring on more warcraft heroes to HotS

Maledict

Team Liquid need to stop drafting teams from 3 months ago. They are getting beaten repeatedly now and they aren't shifting their drafts at all.

You cannot draft Illidan into a team with Johanna and Muradin, it's dumb and you are setting yourself up to lose. They were relying on their individual player skill to make up for the fact they were drafting badly, and that no longer works - the other teams have caught up.

Alur

Team Liquid falls again.

It's insane how when a team loses in this game it seems to start a real lull for a bit. Momentum seems to be meaningful.

That draft was dumb as fuck. Gotta keep playing dat Illidan doe I guess.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
glydTdy.jpg

Oh Shit. My paladin in WoW wore this set for much longer than he should have simply because I loved the look of it so damn much. I'll buy that skin day one and play Uther non stop for weeks and he will then be my new favorite character to play.

This game...is going to cost me a fortune.....but I think I'm okay with that.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
where did the rumour of a 4th hero reveal come from anyway?

Rhaknar

Alur help, im 1-4 today

the 50/50 rubber band is real isnt it? :(

Alur

tumblr_maef8oEWB71qm0cryo1_500.gif

EDIT: Also it says Friday stream from Gamescom for HOTS and Hearthstone at 18:00 CEST...so I'm assuming that's what kirblar was talking about.

kirblar

kirblar said there is more info coming on Friday (including info on said 4th hero).
It's been mentioned over on the subreddit- they're doing some sort of live playstream with the devs on Friday where new info's going to get trickled in.

New WoW PvP system is taking a lot of cues from HOTS- gear matters way less, specific PvP talent tree.

Rhaknar

the losing streak is real ladies and gentlemen o_O

time for a break

Rhaknar

Li Li price increase confirmed to be a error btw

also looking at the store, wow xpac totally explains why Illidan is on sale again so soon lol.

Ketch

On THH they talked about how the Blackheart's Doubloon mount or Treasure Goblin mount could potentially be the next level of the Money Pig mount. They suggested 50,000g.

I think it'd more likely be the Treasure Goblin and be 40,000g, but what do you guys think? Definitely seems possible one of those could be the next gold sink.

Also inb4 Funny Bunny Murky with red eyes riding Treasure Goblin.

I think everything is more likely to cost money because they like gettin paid.

Also, man was zoia annoying in that episode or what? Like everybody knows HL ranking/matchmaking is a total lame duck, you don't need to scream about. If you're such a smart dude then talk about smart ways to fix it instead of just whining like a child. Really felt the lack of cooby in that show.

I like his style and how he gives no fucks. I don't think he was really even whining. I think he was saying it how it is and saying that it's pretty unacceptable, which it is.

No in-game bans, unacceptable. There's nothing else to say other than, "add it now."

The MMR/Rank system, unacceptable. Make it like League. Done.

There's a lot of fucked up things that are each slightly hampering the growth of the game. Blizzard already fucked up SC2, we all hope they don't repeat the same mistakes here

Alur

Also, man was zoia annoying in that episode or what? Like everybody knows HL ranking/matchmaking is a total lame duck, you don't need to scream about. If you're such a smart dude then talk about smart ways to fix it instead of just whining like a child. Really felt the lack of cooby in that show.

I missed that part, apparently.

He was annoying when he got salty about Snitch from Team BOB? giving him shit about losing to C9 finally after all the shit he talks about EU being so bad.

I enjoy Zoia's salt and bravado most of the time. He's like a wrestling heel and he knows it. It makes things more interesting to me...but when you get taken out you gotta expect it all coming back on ya. Normally he does alright with it, not in that episode though.

kirblar

I couldn't stand Zoia at first but now I love him because he tries to be as honest as he can be- this is toned-down censored Zoia!

Maledict

Zoia is a real jerk to be honest. He is taking the "insulting, shouting" thing way too far nowadays - it's noticeably getting worse.

It's annoying - Town Hall Heroes is by far and away the most informative podcast for the high end, and has fantastic guests, but it's also the sloppiest production wise and they really get stuck for ages on stupid conversations, in-jokes and just general insults and slanging. Whereas into The Nexus is incredibly professional, entertaining to listen to - but purely aimed at casual play so not hugely useful if you want to hear about the meta, e-sports or anything like that. But such fun to listen to.

Wish we could combine the best bits of both...

kirblar

Zoia is a real jerk to be honest. He is taking the "insulting, shouting" thing way too far nowadays - it's noticeably getting worse.

It's annoying - Town Hall Heroes is by far and away the most informative podcast for the high end, and has fantastic guests, but it's also the sloppiest production wise and they really get stuck for ages on stupid conversations, in-jokes and just general insults and slanging. Whereas into The Nexus is incredibly professional, entertaining to listen to - but purely aimed at casual play so not hugely useful if you want to hear about the meta, e-sports or anything like that. But such fun to listen to.

My issue with it is more Schamtoo- it's not that he's a bad guy, but he's consistently nowhere near as plugged-in as the other 3 are into the scene/games because he's having to work non-HOTS stuff at his day job. It's something that gets fixed if/when the game gets bigger and he can spend more time actually working on it at work.

Milly79

Zoia is incredibly annoying and unprofessional. We get it, you're the manager of TS, but to really go out and trash certain teams and regions week after week? Really? Granted I just started listening to THH like a month ago, but I highly doubt he just stared this recently.

Anyway, I'd like to see the Tresure Goblin mount be tied to playing during the event somehow. Play X amount of games (make it a high number), and hey if you didn't you can buy with gold.

Ketch

I think the trash talk stuff is mostly just a character, smokin and jokin type stuff. It doesn't really bother me. It's just when he starts yelling opinions that I get annoyed, even when his opinions are on the mark-ish... It's still not useful commentary. It's like Fox News or something.

He acts like a smart dude most times, and he's definetky got an insiders view to the scene. But shouting: "it's shit! It's bad! It's garbage!" Is just a giant waste of time. I wish he would just get his point across and Add some insightful/constructive commentary (because he's capable of that) and stop trying to purposefully be controversial. Joking is fine, screaming is childish.

Rhaknar

now that im 10 I dont feel like getting the master skin. I have a feeling this trek to 10 burned me out on Zeebo for a long time :(

In fact thats kinda the case with any hero I get to 10...is that a common thing or am I just an idiot?

Milly79

Difference being I'm not the manager of a team, nor a "big" person in the e-sports community.

Also, here's a quote I saw on Reddit regarding the Monk:

I played the monk for one match and I think the monk works quite well with a melee assassin. He can close gaps easily and has an aoe heal that heals twice with a talent on lvl 13. So whenever your team is clumped up you actually heal a lot! He is not as universally great as uther, but in certain compositions I think he can really shine.

Rhaknar

Difference being I'm not the manager of a team, nor a "big" person in the e-sports community.

Also, here's a quote I saw on Reddit regarding the Monk:

youre a big person for us tho Milly

I mean youre fat

Alur

now that im 10 I dont feel like getting the master skin. I have a feeling this trek to 10 burned me out on Zeebo for a long time :(

In fact thats kinda the case with any hero I get to 10...is that a common thing or am I just an idiot?

Like I said before, I've liked playing the game less since I rushed all my favorites to 10. Just feels like playing them just to play them after that, with no real reward left due to the time investment involved.

Rhaknar

Like I said before, I've liked playing the game less since I rushed all my favorites to 10. Just feels like playing them just to play them after that, with no real reward left due to the time investment involved.

you could have told me that before >_>

I mean I like Zeebo, but hes not up there on my faves tbh. The skin is good tho, and since I dont really like most master skins compared to the $ ones I went with him. But yeah, I might save the gold for now and go back to play multiple heroes as usual

I think you're asking for THH to be something that it's not and never has been. If professional is what you're looking for, don't watch THH. They're not trying to be professional there, they don't want that podcast to be professional, and they're never going to try to soup it up to be something more serious. It's their little joke show where they express opinions through whatever filter they choose. It has been that way since day one.

Maybe it would be nice if those people did a more serious production for something else, but I don't think they would ever want to.

Zoia is incredibly annoying and unprofessional. We get it, you're the manager of TS, but to really go out and trash certain teams and regions week after week? Really? Granted I just started listening to THH like a month ago, but I highly doubt he just stared this recently.

Anyway, I'd like to see the Tresure Goblin mount be tied to playing during the event somehow. Play X amount of games (make it a high number), and hey if you didn't you can buy with gold.

Honestly, taking Zoia so seriously is not going to do you any good. Yes, he thinks his team is the best. His putdowns of teams is generally cheeky and meant to be facetious. I think it's great that he's so polarizing to people. Some love it and some hate it.

My issue with it is more Schamtoo- it's not that he's a bad guy, but he's consistently nowhere near as plugged-in as the other 3 are into the scene/games because he's having to work non-HOTS stuff at his day job. It's something that gets fixed if/when the game gets bigger and he can spend more time actually working on it at work.

This times a million. He's a nice guy but he's not plugged into competitive HOTS and I hate his actual shoutcasting. He throws words out there that don't mean anything and don't make any sense and has no real analysis to offer.

kirblar

I think you're asking for THH to be something that it's not and never has been. If professional is what you're looking for, don't watch THH. They're not trying to be professional there, they don't want that podcast to be professional, and they're never going to try to soup it up to be something more serious. It's their little joke show where they express opinions through whatever filter they choose. It has been that way since day one.

Maybe it would be nice if those people did a more serious production for something else, but I don't think they would ever want to.
The ESPORTS production just drains the life out of everyone involved who isn't Jester for the major events.

Rhaknar

I wrote like a 5 paragraph response to you saying that exact thing like 10-20 pages ago, lol. I honestly think you ask me things and never read what I reply. :p

who are you?

kirblar

From Reddit- Fenix is planned, but they don't want to do him right now because they feel they're overloading on rez mechanics. Sounds like he might be in the LOTV event if "6 months out" is when we should start talking about him.

Also, via twitter - the Shrine-spawned punishers are not normal golems- they prioritize and chase heroes if they're nearby instead of sieging.

edit: Looks like we have a shortlist for who might be announced tomorrow- one of the Devs just bumped a 3-week old thread to tell the person they nailed 2 upcoming Starcraft heroes. Artanis was one. Here are the other non-Fenix options:

Zurvan
General Warfield
Dehaka
Stukov

Rhaknar

I need rexxar bad. The wait is gonna suck

Rhaknar

Please no more protoss for a bit, gimme more weird stuff like Hammer or more Zerg guys

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Pretty sure Warfield was in the Russian hack awhile back.
Sergeant Hammer used to be Warfield who used to be Edmond Duke.

Both Dahaka (presumably a warrior) and Stukov (presumably a support) seem more likely.

Zevran strikes me as problematic since they've shied away from very big characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom