• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ketch

When you see Jake talking on stream how he's rushing to buy brand new stuff day 1, I get why its set up the way it is- you can pay more to get it faster, or you can be patient and wait for a discount.

Yea, and I think the point is that that's a shity thing to do.

Like if you know you can take advantage of people to rip them off, and then you go ahead and do it... then you're a dick.

Being a big company doesn't make you immune from being a dick.

Edit: @rahknar, yea I agree. Pretty sure that stuff is random.

Just posting to clarify what seems to be a question/confusion about previous comment, will try to do so in a non-argumentative, purely explanatory manner.

But aren't you arguing for a pricing scheme, that is consistent and has internal logic?

Otherwise, I am not sure why the ratio being different is a problem.

Let me try to explain through analogy. Say the grocer sells a box of 10 apples and a box of 30 apples. The 30 apple box costs $30 but the 10 apple box costs $15. The pricing ratio for the 30 apple box is (1 apple : $1). But the ratio for the 10 apple box is more expensive (1 apple : $1.50). To be consistent, the 10 apple box should be $10. The ratios would then be equal, but the absolute prices would be different ($30 vs $10).

If you think it is not objective, then how can it be overcharged?

I mean objective in the sense of having some intrinsic value independent of humans like weight, mass, etc. An apple doesn't have a price that a scientists can measure, but if the store prices it at $1, then they're establishing a subjective valuation for it, along with a measurable ratio between dollars and apples (even if there is no physical relationship between them).

Savitar

The unicorn leaves a rainbow trail behind it!

How can you not love that.

*Is vaguely disappointed it didn't leave rainbow colored poop*

Are people actually arguing that hots stuff is not overpriced? Come on guys, the real money prices have always been bad.

The gold gain has gotten better, and the weekly sales are nice, but the baseline real money prices are high.

$20 for a fuckin unicorn.

5$ cheaper than a WoW shop mount.

I have bought three

*Is vaguely disappointed it didn't leave rainbow colored poop*

They need to add /mountspecial as a taunt for when mounted. Then you could recreate that moment where you ride from Senjin Village to Razorhill in Durotan on a wolf which stops for a poop break. But now with a unicorn, rainbow coloured poop and a murloc.

Ketch

Seriously just come in here to start shit? Youre better then this Steve.

Now go to every other moba thread and shit post the same thing because it's how normal MOBAs monetize.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
He does, Ketch, he does.

Steve gets banned every other month for starting crap in the League thread, haha.

Seriously just come in here to start shit? Youre better then this Steve.

Now go to every other moba thread and shit post the same thing because it's how normal MOBAs monetize.
Doesn't make it right.

Arguing over 5 dollars or ten is silly when you shouldn't be paying at all.

He does, Ketch, he does.

Steve gets banned every other month for starting crap in the League thread, haha.
I don't think I've ever gotten banned in the leeg thread. They love me over there.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Got both Leoric and Arthas to 10 today. Good times!

Time to continue with Butcher~

Man watching the "enhanced stream" in Steam for the International finals makes me really, really wish for something like this within the Battle.net client down the road for watching HotS tournaments. Everything's resizable, you've got great panes that surround the video with useful information, etc etc etc.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Played as Tyrande and also thinking of Tassadar I think the "role" stat for support should also count damage mitigated by shields and additional damage done because you made them vulnerable.

Chen is pretty much useless. He needs unstoppable added to his chugging so he can't be cc'd out of it. He should still be vulnerable to right clicks but his trait needs unstoppable. It is literally impossible to tank as him now since there are so many stuns in the game and everyone knows what they need to do to stop him. If he could sponge damage uninterrupted he'd be viable again.

Alavard

Chen is pretty much useless. He needs unstoppable added to his chugging so he can't be cc'd out of it. He should still be vulnerable to right clicks but his trait needs unstoppable. It is literally impossible to tank as him now since there are so many stuns in the game and everyone knows what they need to do to stop him. If he could sponge damage uninterrupted he'd be viable again.

It also might help if his Q wasn't actually bugged to hell. Right now it often just fails to send you to the right position, deal damage, or even apply the slow if talented for it.

Fortifying Brew has a channel, roughly 8 seconds long, it has a 5 second cooldown, and he retains the shields for 2 seconds after using Fortifying Brew. He can't drink indefinitely and he can't sponge damage indefinitely. Right now he can't sponge damage at all because of how CC heavy the game is and at best adding unstoppable to Fortifying Brew would make Chen as tanky as Johanna but immobile.

If you don't think adding Unstoppable to his trait is a good idea how would you make him viable? Even though Fortifying Brew is up every 5 seconds there are just as many stuns on the other team to cancel it right now. The duration of the channel can be shortened so it's more in line with Iron Skin, hell, he could lose the 2 second shields after using Fortifying Brew. Sonya can spin to win uninterrupted now, Johanna can walk in and out of so many situations and Leoric shrug off everything with Wraith Walk.

It also might help if his Q wasn't actually bugged to hell. Right now it often just fails to send you to the right position, deal damage, or even apply the slow if talented for it.

I love those love tap kicks **boop**, sometimes so clutch in saving heroes that would otherwise be dead.

Alur

Lengthen the CD by a bit to compensate for unstoppable then (though you'd probably have to look at ability costs as well).

Make it a strategic thing to mitigate/avoid damage versus something that is just spammed recklessly.

Ult coming? Drink. Early fight burst? Drink. Standing in the middle of the fight doing jack shit or taking much damage? Don't use your drink.

Right now it's just stand in the middle and drink and then if you win chase stragglers.

kirblar

Right now it's just stand in the middle and drink and then if you win chase stragglers.
The tactic of using Panda Pals to initiate and be an obnoxious Stay-Puff-Marshmallow Man bodyblocking the backline so your team can advancewas floated in a Reddit thread by a R1 Chen-only player.

Certainly seemed like something interesting to try out.

Alur

The couple good Chen players I encountered in that free week used Panda Pals to great effect. It's especially strong against randoms, IMO.

I do agree he needs kind of buff to make him more reliable with all of the CC we see right now. Whether that's unstoppable on his drink, more damage, more HP, etc, I dunno. But it'd be nice if they'd do something as it's been requested regularly since the patch where his Panda Pals and etc was nerfed.

Alur

Milly79
HOTS thread bully
(Today, 04:44 PM)

FTFY. brick would be disappointed.

EDIT: Anyone with the scoop on what happened with Zeveron? Back to Murlocs Geniuses name. It's crazy. Along with Cloud 9 Vortex, Zeveron was in the top four going into the first NA Open along with C9M and TS. WTF lol.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Seems like the EU servers are down? We found a game after like 10 minutes and when it eventually found us the pugs, it disconnected us :lol I guess we're waiting more!

Finally got to play some butcher.....

I like him a lot!!! I'm tempted to buy him right now for that 10k gold, or should I wait? Is he dropping to 5 soon??

Yoshichan

Nah, Butcher is not going to be 5 anytime soon.

Alavard

Well that was weird.

Levelled Sylvanas to level 9. Went to select the master portrait, and it said 'you must be level 9'. Checked Sylvanas on my profile, and she was still at the xp I went into the last game with, at level 8.

I exited the game, came back in, and she was back to the start of level 8, with exactly 0 experience into the level.

Played another game with her, and after she levelled up to level... 2. Checked the rest of my heroes, and suddenly they were all at the beginning of their respective levels, with 0 experience. Not level 1, but with exactly 0 experience into whatever level they were already at.

Left the game, came back like 30 min later, and boom, everything back to normal, Sylvanas at 9, and portrait could be selected.

Gotta love those Blizzard databases.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Anyone else having issues with their quests not tracking today?

I did earlier but it seems to be fine now.

any hero pricing above zero dollars is a rip off

period

It's a free to play game, so it has to be monetized somehow. I'm honestly just fine with how they've priced up HotS, you really don't have to buy anything if you don't want to.

aka_bueno

I'm gonna add some of you guys so if you get a friend request from akabueno....it's me. Would be cool to play with GAF instead of solo all the time!

FatalT

Banned
I did earlier but it seems to be fine now.

It's a free to play game, so it has to be monetized somehow. I'm honestly just fine with how they've priced up HotS, you really don't have to buy anything if you don't want to.

You just activated Steve's trap card. He's going to come back in here from the DotA 2 thread frothing at the mouth about how it's free to play but only cosmetics cost money.

Alur

Thanks for reminding me Syfadious. Definitely gonna watch if I can stay up. Gonna be on Twitch or Azubu or what?

Alur

Pretty excited. Want to see more of this stuff going around, both here in NA and in other regions.

There was a bit a short while ago when it seemed like tournaments on top of tournaments for HOTS, but it's calmed down a bit now. That combined with the loss of a few sponsors (down to one Cloud 9 team, Zeveron no longer having a team, etc) makes the next few months all that more important for growth IMO.

A Flamestrike backed up by Flamethrower, Ignite, a full stack of Gathering Power and Arcane Power feels so good. I'm just going to drink it in, like a fine wine made of zoukka's tears.

199 games as Kael'thas, halfway through level 17 and finally getting my winrate above 50%. All solo queue QM.

Yoshichan

Remember guys, one of the finest experiences of Heroes of the Storm (tm) is playing solo QM.

If you haven't tried it out yet, I highly recommend doing it asap! It's truly one of the better video games moments I've ever had the honor to soak in. Just the thrill of coming from a 30 minute 4-man pug is a feeling that needs to be shared with as many players as possible.

Svafnir

Just played against this Abathur, he was actually insane. Went a heavy mine build also which was annoying. But his base play was just really really good, he got our core to 10% by himself over the period of a few team fights.

6RDFZEP.png

We won in the end, but damn that abathur.

Remember guys, one of the finest experiences of Heroes of the Storm (tm) is playing solo QM.

If you haven't tried it out yet, I highly recommend doing it asap! It's truly one of the better video games moments I've ever had the honor to soak in. Just the thrill of coming from a 30 minute 4-man pug is a feeling that needs to be shared with as many players as possible.

cant-tell-if-serious.jpg

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
leveling Zeebo to 10 made me go back to my WD on diablo, and now Alur has a WD avatar. whats going on here?

Rizzi

Playing Valla made me want to level a Demon Hunter in D3, but I keep getting murdered so I gave up and just played more HotS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom