• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alur

I really want to inject the monk in my blood :( I heard he'll be an offensive healer, kinda like Tyrande. True or false?

True. Looks like he can be very offensive based on the skill set and ult, but we don't know how good he'll be either way til PTR hits and they show us numbers. He does have a nice support ult too it looks like, which is an upgrade over the other hybrids. I'm hopeful he's at least really good at dps or support and secretly praying he's good at both.

Palmer_v1

I'm pretty sure many people are gonna misunderstand Murky and just feed the other team and complain he sucks.

I plan to play a ton of Murky this week to avoid the bad murkys. I look forward to getting hatted by abathur's repeatedly despite their being better targets.

Speaking of, in case I try Abathur, what's the ideal hat priority in the free rotation?

Raynor
Falstad
Sylvanas
Sonya
Murky
Muradin

??

kirblar

So after much thoughts, I've decided to go with Nazeebo. I mostly just want to get him to 10 before sprint gets nerfed :lol Also, he can zone out melee. One of my favorite things to do in this game :3
I think he's actually getting buffed next patch. :p He loses sprint, but Dead Rush has just as good a soloQ winrate. (Combo'd with Spiders it makes him able to harass people and keep them from mounting near-indefinitely.)

PTR at 2PM EST. Get hype.

I plan to play a ton of Murky this week to avoid the bad murkys. I look forward to getting hatted by abathur's repeatedly despite their being better targets.

Speaking of, in case I try Abathur, what's the ideal hat priority in the free rotation?

Raynor
Falstad
Sylvanas
Sonya
Murky
Muradin

??

I need to look this up myself, but I recall hearing Butcher with a hat is hot stuff. Maybe hatting Sylvanas to defend her while she pushes since she is squishy. Plus, her E has good mobility so you can take advantage of that for the Stab if she tries chasing.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
5/6 wins with Naz so far. I admit, I regret saying that I have no more fun heroes to play.

5/6 wins with Naz so far. I admit, I regret saying that I have no more fun heroes to play.

I thought you'd like... he plays so much like an assasin, but has nice lane push... He is good hero to play imo.. even though not the best on paper, but putting down a perfect zombie wall and dropping gargantuan & spiders in there is just so satisfying :)

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Lol.

Anyways, if anyone wants a Li Li code and will actually use her, feel free to add me on bnet for the code, my name is on the US GAF list in the OP.

I don't need the code as I'm not a fan of Li Li, but I'm curious, how does one get a "code" to unlock a hero? I didn't even know that was a thing that existed!

Ketch

Does anyone know how new heroes work in the PTR? Are they just available to play? Or do you need to purchase them?

If it's the same as last time then you keep all your geroes and mounts but start over at lvl 1 on everything. It sucked because you couldn't even properly test shit.

Alur

Does anyone know how new heroes work in the PTR? Are they just available to play? Or do you need to purchase them?

Butcher wasn't on the PTR last time so we aren't sure as far as Kharazim goes. I would guess he is just available but who knows.

aka_bueno

I don't need the code as I'm not a fan of Li Li, but I'm curious, how does one get a "code" to unlock a hero? I didn't even know that was a thing that existed!

I got them from purchasing the Starter Pack (not to be confused with the Starter Bundle) off a website. The Starter Pack was a retail box, I just got the codes emailed however.

Ive also seen some streamers with other codes as well, so there's more than just the Starter Pack codes around.

brian!

Reddit has dyrus's (league pro) hotslogs on the front page, still really hoping that good players begin transferring over to hots and elevate the pro scene (dyrus wont anytime soon).

Alur

Reddit has dyrus's (league pro) hotslogs on the front page, still really hoping that good players begin transferring over to hots and elevate the pro scene (dyrus wont anytime soon).

Saw his and Forgiven's. Interesting stuff. I still remember how much more entertaining HOTS Twitch was the two days Voyboy streamed HOTS. I'd like to see more of that too but I guess the money will have to get there first.

brian!

Pretty sure ai goes towards your stats, or that it's in general a broken number, some of my numbers are really inflated

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD

Wouldn't be surprised to see more washed up SC2 and LoL pros switch over as the game gains popularity.

subwilde

I'm not having great luck buying heroes with gold recently :(

Bought Murky for 10k 3 days before he went to 7k.

Bought Aba on Saturday and he's free this week.

Bought butcher before he went free last week as well.

Really loving Aba so far though. I seem to be pretty good at getting hats to the right people at the right time but my lane pushing needs to be improved. Any tips in that sense? There seem to be so many builds but I've been focusing on team fighting so far.

Seeing that Abathur guy with 2k+ games played is inspiring though :D

I'm not having great luck buying heroes with gold recently :(

Bought Murky for 10k 3 days before he went to 7k.

Bought Aba on Saturday and he's free this week.

Bought butcher before he went free last week as well.

Really loving Aba so far though. I seem to be pretty good at getting hats to the right people at the right time but my lane pushing needs to be improved. Any tips in that sense? There seem to be so many builds but I've been focusing on team fighting so far.

Seeing that Abathur guy with 2k+ games played is inspiring though :D

Abathur is my main hero. I've got a handful of videos on my YouTube channel with him. Basically, you push with Abathur by using any down-time between team fights as an opportunity to throw a hat on a minion wave and shielding, stabbing, and spike bursting as much as you can. Keep Abathur's body far enough up that his locusts can get in on the action too.

Build-wise, a good overall build is just to focus on Stab/Spike Burst talents. I personally believe that the Evolve Monstrosity heroic talent is better than Ultimate Evolution, at least for solo queue matches, but many will disagree.

Interfectum

Abathur is my main hero. I've got a handful of videos on my YouTube channel with him. Basically, you push with Abathur by using any down-time between team fights as an opportunity to throw a hat on a minion wave and shielding, stabbing, and spike bursting as much as you can. Keep Abathur's body far enough up that his locusts can get in on the action too.

Build-wise, a good overall build is just to focus on Stab/Spike Burst talents. I personally believe that the Evolve Monstrosity heroic talent is better than Ultimate Evolution, at least for solo queue matches, but many will disagree.

I still main Abathur as well and yeah, EM is a great ult for QM. So many times you can split the opposing team up by concentrating map mechanics on one lane and UE on another lane.

BTW, Abathur + Johanna = Unkillable Meat Grinder if specced correctly. Ultimate wombo combo. =)

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Murky kind of looks like nami so probably that

Raynor is basically like playing ADC so he's pretty fun and effective. Li li feels kinda worthless but I'm probably just trash with her. Thrall has a rough time sticking to targets I feel he's outclassed by other champs. Johanna looks like a top tier waifu from the little I played in training mode but 10k gold price tag is rough. Sgt hammer seems effective though difficult to use.

TL;DR not sure yet.

edit: Pancakes#1887 add me nerds.

Hupsel

Hey guys Im planning to give HOTS a shot for some time. I only have two games and one hero (Tyrande). I played a bunch of Dota 2 so at least I have an idea of whats going on :p

I play on NA and my username is Hupsel#1748 feel free to add ^_^

Ketch

Nooo! I've been sitting on 7K gold and have been so tempted to try out Murky and figured this free week would be the *perfect* opportunity to try him out. Dammit.

How do you feel about zeratul? I find that they have similar play styles... Sneak around back, flank the squishes and do as much damage as possible before escaping. Zera has blink to escape and murky can buble or die.

They differ in the late game where zera can just straight blow people up but murky is just always in ur fucking face. Pls go away murky.

If you like zera you'll probably like murky too.

subwilde

Ah yes I remember your Aba video when BoE came out. I'll check out all your videos tonight. I feel as if Aba can really make a difference in a game so I want to try and learn :)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
There is no feeling worse than losing a 40 minute game on Dragon Shire. And the loss coming from one idiot who single handedly made us lose it. Great!

I fucking hate Murky.

MoonGred

I just got into hots last week and have been having a great time so far. I've been eyeing off Ilidan for the entire week, but am a bit put off by the hard rating. Is he worth the 4k gold he's currently listed as?

I just got into hots last week and have been having a great time so far. I've been eyeing off Ilidan for the entire week, but am a bit put off by the hard rating. Is he worth the 4k gold he's currently listed as?

He's definitely alot harder to play after the nerfs. He can be extremely good still, it's just a bit tougher to get in the groove.(It involves doing alot of merc camps and getting ahead that way.) For 4k, it's definitely worth it IMO.

MoonGred

He's definitely alot harder to play after the nerfs. He can be extremely good still, it's just a bit tougher to get in the groove.(It involves doing alot of merc camps and getting ahead that way.) For 4k, it's definitely worth it IMO.

I guess I could spend the gold and save him for later, or do they have sales fairly often?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom