• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alur

I guess I could spend the gold and save him for later, or do they have sales fairly often?

Sales are weekly just like League and what-not. Illidan hasn't been on sale as a hero yet (which could mean soon), though his skins have...but as a discussion a few pages back noted, you're better off spending gold on 2k and 4k heroes and money on 7k and 10k heroes if you have money to spend.

I don't really think the difficulty ratings are all that accurate really.

This is a good point too. They just did a revamp of the difficulty notations for a portion of the heroes and they are still pretty wonky.

For example Uther has a skillshot heal and his typical build takes several "extra buttons" to press (usually at least 3 or 4) yet he is marked as Easy. Rehgar on the other hand is marked as Medium though the only questionably difficult thing with him is timing his healing ultimate.

The same for assassins as Jaina and KT occupy the same space, yet one is labeled Hard (KT) and the other Medium (Jaina) though you need to get in closer range to perform Jaina's combo. At the minimum they should be equal, though to be fair the labels came out before/just as Jaina had Sprint removed so that may be part of it.

Apparently they're still trying to get the PTR up tonight.

Source? Any clue why it didn't go up earlier?

Ketch

That would be nice. I'm lvl 94 in wow with 8 days left to hit 100 for the mount before I need to buy another month of sub time. Can I do it?

I will probably only be playing wow for the next 8 nights

Ah yes I remember your Aba video when BoE came out. I'll check out all your videos tonight. I feel as if Aba can really make a difference in a game so I want to try and learn :)

Cool, let me know if you have any questions. Keep in mind most of my backdoor build videos are on an old patch that isn't quite applicable now. But, I also plan to get a new Abby video up once Monk launches. Hopefully that launch will be soon!

Finally figured out how to improve my usual Abathur routine. Finished a game last night 5 levels ahead of the other team. Hope I can be consistent.

That's awesome. Probably not going to pull that off consistently, but it feels great when you can roll a game like that. Share the replay somewhere so we can check it out!

Finally get to try Abathur! First match was really fun. I may end up buying him after the free week ends.

Yessssss, we need more Abathur players in here. Buy him ASAP!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Err Alur Illidan was on sale last week just in time for the Illidan centric wow expansion announcement

So was shado skin (again)

Alur

Err Alur Illidan was on sale last week just in time for the Illidan centric wow expansion announcement

So was shado skin (again)

Ah yeah, you're right. I just CTRL+F'd the list on the website, it doesn't have the past two weeks though. My bad.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Abathur is my main hero. I've got a handful of videos on my YouTube channel with him. Basically, you push with Abathur by using any down-time between team fights as an opportunity to throw a hat on a minion wave and shielding, stabbing, and spike bursting as much as you can. Keep Abathur's body far enough up that his locusts can get in on the action too.

I love playing Abathur but I'll admit I'm not fantastic with him. I think he's one of the hardest heroes in the game to play well. I pretty much just play him in Versus AI games because whenever I play him in a QM I feel bad for my team, lol! I really should practice more with Abathur and get better with managing him.

Alur

Got a patch to download on my launcher now.

EDIT: Gotta pay for monk to test him. Makes sense. Otherwise they lose out on a bunch of sales.

EDIT: Malthael's Phantom for D3 players too who reach level 70 in season 4.

Alur

Blizzard said:
Game Server Selection

Players may now select which game server they’d like to play on by selecting it from the Preferred Game Server dropdown on the Language and Region options menu.

This setting will default to Best Match, but players may wish to change this if they notice connection issues when playing on a specific server.

Please note: As we continue to improve and expand our game sites, Best Match will provide the best play experience for most players. If you are not experiencing issues, it is highly recommend that you leave this set to Best Match.

If players in a party have conflicting server preferences, the server that is most commonly selected among the party’s members will be used.

Sweet relief for some of us.

Alur

Hivemind getting a buff. One of the coolest talents in the game.

NAZEEPO PLZ:

Ravenous Spirit (R)

Damage changed from 30 (+8 per level) to 25 (+9 per level)
Damage radius increased by approximately 22%

Trying to bring back my lovely Ravenous!

danielcw

Diablo III and Diablo III: Reaper of Souls players who log in to Heroes during the three weeks following the release of the upcoming patch will permanently receive Diablo in Heroes of the Storm.
Saves me some gold :)

Milly79

What's Malthael's Phantom exactly?

malthael-horse.png

Alur

The secondary Symbiote target’s Stab and Spike Burst deal half their normal damage, and Carapace grants half its normal Shield amount.

Such buffs!

Didn't catch that part. Still, the fact that it shifts has to be considered equal to before if not a buff as in my experience it was often wasted quickly unless your team was all on voip.

It's kind of one of those good in theory bad in execution talents. When it works it's beautiful though.

Ketch

they really dont like seasoned marksman

also this:
Gathering Power was simply too good and was considered, by many, a mandatory pick on certain characters, which often lead to snowballing. We liked the ‘quest’ aspect of this talent, but it was far too easy to reach the cap and the quest didn’t feel meaningful to complete. Now, choosing this talent should no longer be mandatory, and the quest is much longer. Player’s will keep half of their stacks upon dying, which will help act as a ‘check point’.

makes me think they have no idea what they're doing... not because they nerf the talent, because the words they are using in this description are just... ridiculously out of place? The quest didn't feel meaningful to complete? What game are you playing?

edit: only about half way through, but these are without a doubt the best patch notes we've had in ages. will post more impressions soon.

edit2: I was about to be sarcatically mad about leoric's changes, but they made it right be buffing the heal from W while undying... that's how it should work, passive stuff is still somewhat useful, but getting off a full W while dead should be the best/optimal way to reduce you're CD... it makes his ability to come back into the fight in the mid game better or at least equal while reducing his OPness in the late game.

edit3: sonya changes are not a buff. extra 120 hp by lvl 10 is like nothing. nerf to whirlwind heal from neutrals ruins her early game which was one of her strongest aspects.

brian!

whoa straight up giving hammer 10% dmg

i love the description for the chen change
there's the bd prevention on leoric too

also uh....sanctification...what have they done lol

Savitar

Poor Zag, I wonder if they'll ever fix the banelings never being able to hit chest when you need to gather coins. Always zig around the chest.

Jaina is still a top pick, but it will be extremely interesting this patch to see if auto attack heroes are actually viable. I'm glad they told imposing presence to go fuck itself

The wording on Kerrigan's BFB implies that she gets healed 10% and then gets an additional 20% as shields. If that's how it actually works, that's pretty big. Cleanse nerf will already help Kerrigan immensely but with the talent changes and overall buffs she's definitely going to be played a lot more this patch

Oh hell yeah
Azmo-
New Talent (Level 7): Gluttonous Ward
Activate to place a ward that restores 25% of Azmodan’s maximum Health and Mana over 10 seconds

danielcw

Imposing Presence

Developer Comments: Statistically, it was almost never wrong to choose Imposing Presence. With this nerf, it’s still a great counter in the right situation, and as a result, we’re hoping we’ll see more play from our Basic Attack assassins.
  • Attack Speed slow reduced from 50% to 40%
  • The Attack Speed slow will now be removed when attacking a target that has not learned the Imposing Presence Talent

I don't understand the last part. I am not even sure what it means, and have no idea what it is supposed to achieve.

brian!

I mean I guess I need to see it in practice, but it seems like it pretty much does nothing since your next shot is slowed anyway

imposing nerf doesnt seem substantial, wish they nerfed it more or made it more rare of a talent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom