• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Sweet. My only qualm with getting Leroic now and saving up gold for Hammer was if I wouldn't be able to get her War World skin if it went on sale before I had enough.

But speaking of not having enough of things, you have to level up again in PTR so you can unlock the traits and actually see how they play out? So dumb. I'm not bothering with that.

Alur

I'll be here around ~8 PST.

But speaking of not having enough of things, you have to level up again in PTR so you can unlock the traits and actually see how they play out? So dumb. I'm not bothering with that.

They are unlocked in the game. Just doesn't show on character select.

EDIT: Beaten by Ketch.

Ketch

Did you try in a match?

What about s different hero?

Also, my power just went out so maybe no in house for me. :( sucks cud it's like 110 outside and the fans don't work now.

Zafir

It's hit and miss, Some groups do, others don't and prefer Skype. It's been a while since anyone just sat in it like we had around release, though.

At one point we'd almost constantly have an EU group with Yoshichan and then our group and then often a third duo or trio split off somewhere. I haven't seen many EU folks on it at all since Yoshichan went to Japan a bit back and Zafir took a break (I think Zafir took a break anyway :D).

There's like 20 channels so feel free to use it with your own friends or whatever.

I took a break, and since then I've kind of just not really played as much. Between work, and playing other things just not enough time in the day.

Next weeks patch will probably mean I'll play more. Looking forward to playing Monk, and some of the heroes who have gotten some tweaks.
Sweet. My only qualm with getting Leroic now and saving up gold for Hammer was if I wouldn't be able to get her War World skin if it went on sale before I had enough.

Mine aren't talent gated on any character despite not having them at the required level. My friend was talent gated for the first match, and then it was fine from then on with any hero despite being level 1 on some of them.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Yeah I'm always playing this game so feel free to add me on Yoshichan#2623 (EU) and we can play on Mumble/Skype.

I'm currently switching back and forth between this and getting to rank 5 on Hearthstone (along with real life taking a bunch of time now) - but there's really no day that I don't squeeze in at least 3-4 hours of Heroes.

Also, prepare your bodies for 20 hour session when Monk comes out!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Nobody does 20 hour sessions of videogames besides you

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Back during highschool summers 20hour sessions was the norm.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Actually, I'm playing right now! Everyone, get in here!

Yoshichan

ay im gonna jump into a game since it's still early i guess, message me to get at me

Come to EU man, I want to play with you :(

Alur

/join NeoGAF on the PTR if you guys are wanting to do games on there. Right now just me and brian! in the channel.

brian!

Come to EU man, I want to play with you :(

download ptr bruh, i think it's only one server? though the lag might be insane for eu
actually ive had games on both us8/eu8 on ptr
ctrl alt f shows where the server is located now

i just went into a game, i dont expect it to be long though

wait im in a game with davemo lol

Ketch

Powers back on boys. In house time lets do this.

edit: i'm in neogaf chat in the ptr client... /join neogaf and say hi lets do this!

Dice

LMAO I trapped 4 guys in the tomb and then Valla did strafe right beside them in complete safety. It's definitely a nice heroic if your allies are ranged. Leoric has a completely different style from others, but once you get it he's pretty beast. I won't really miss the undying healing speed, but the bonus damage to structures from the swing will be missed. I mean it is powerful, but his regular swings are so slow it's nice to have something special since he kinda seems overly basic in terms of mechanics.

Yoshichan

When exactly was the season reset? 20 placements to even start rankings from next patch, right?

Syf

Banned
There's an easy fix to that!

Play Abathur yourself :D
Man I have been, but I have other heroes to level and it seems if you take one break from Ab another guy comes in to play his very first game with him lol. This one guy, I think maybe it was his first videogame in general it was that bad.

Dice

I have been topping all 4 stats with Leoric along with having the best K:D and constantly saving teammates. He struggles at getting mercs, but otherwise he is kind of a god.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I have been topping all 4 stats with Leoric along with having the best K:D and constantly saving teammates. He struggles at getting mercs, but otherwise he is kind of a god.

Or you're just playing with shit people

Alur

GG's tonight at the GAF inhouse. All random all mid 2v2's and 3v3's were pretty sweet even in the lopsided matchups. 2-0 in QM as well.

Good stuff from subwilde, mercviper, brian!, Ketch and that scrub EZfeedEZloss. Now we just need a few more bodies next time.

Maledict

Jaina still doesn't do as much damage as KT though, and he also out ranges her, and he has a stun. Which can be a three man stun. He's defensive talents should be worse then hers.

I would have to disagree. Whilst Jaina might do less damage over time, she does significantly more damage than Kael in bursts - and that's what kills people. She has three damage abilities after all anda trait that amps all of them, and elites that further feed into that. If Kael flanks you then you're going to take a lot of damage - but if Jaina flanks you, someone is dead straight up. She kills people far more effectively than he does.

Range wise, outside of the stun they have the same range on their abilities. Jaina can actually talent more of hers for range than Kaels - and of course, all of hers slow you down automatically which is a big thing. Also don't forget that both KAel builds now rely on you using Living Bomb, which is an auto attack range ability.

Finally, Iceblock is on a completely different level compared to crappy Arcane Barrier. I actually think it's a real issue for Jaina - it gives her way too much defense against dive teams, which are supposed to be the counter to characters like her. Tyrael's Judgement, Butchers charge and furnace blast - the list is endless. Not only does iceblock fundamentally change how the character plays, it's also a tier earlier than arcane barrier.

She does much higher burst damage, slows everyone she hits, and has a built in invulnerability that comes online much earlier than Kaels. She also has the amazing Frost Armour if the enemy team has Nova / Zeratul/ Butcher, which is fantastic against them. She's recieved a really minor nerf which basically stops her destroying entire teams whilst Kael looks to have been taken to the chopper - even though she is absolutely much more of a problem game balance wise right now.

I think Kael has a role, and I don't think Jaina is a straight up better version of him, but I do think we'll see Kael fall much further than Jaina in terms of win rate right now, and I do think they'll need to come back to him at some point to tune him up.

Jaina's trait makes her so much safer, because every one of her abilities applies the slow and then starts applying crits. And yeah, I'd argue she's way better at blowing someone up, more consistently throughout the entire match. With Kael you're always waiting on certain talents for power spikes.

Ice Block is something you can bait out though. I've found some teams adapt to Ice Block, bait it out, sometimes at the expense of an ult, just to land a second ult on Jaina to take her out of a fight. Ice Block is effective at blocking and stopping many things, but it can also put Jaina out of position.

Maledict

In comparison to the Jaina changes, he absolutely has been. I reeally don't think he's going to drop down to Hammer / Stitches territory, but I do expect his win and play rate to fall quite a bit. He already was middle of the pack at the top level, and the new builds (whilst crazy fun) are clearly weaker than ignite.

That's the slightly frustrating thing - they'be only made a minor change to Jaina, and not touched Zeratul at all, which seems odd given the current meta and their dominance. Void Prison in particular just feels *wrong* on Zeratul - it's so insanely powerful, and the fact it has a decent range, no cast speed and no cast animation is just balmy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom