• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kael will definitely need further tuning sometime down the road but hopefully this makes his builds a little more varied.

Kael has not been sent to the chopper. He's just different.

I like Fury of the Sunwell, I don't think Ignite being replaced by it is detrimental to the hero. Fury of the Sunwell feeds more into his other abilities and makes him less of a Flamestrike cannon late-game. Gathering Power changes on the other hand...

This whole on again/off again thread of conversation started off discussing level 20/generic talents. I argued that Kael doesn't have a great mage survival skill, forgetting about Arcane Barrier (because it kind of sucks) and pointed out a few other abilities left on the shelf (Evanesce, Dragon's Breath and a few others) given how BW has Poly and Jaina has Ice Block.

Maledict

Kael has not been sent to the chopper. He's just different.

Btw I finally finished off last weeks Town Hall Heroes. You are absolutely right about Schamtoo - it really shows that he just isn't plugged into the game like the rest of the crew now. I guess it's helpful to have a different perspective on the show, but having someone who is effectively a casual player going over the meta, the state of the game and everything with a group that's very focussed on the high end creates some weird segments in the show.

Also Zoia needs to grow up. He can't do his rants shouty insulting thing all the time and then just sulk when Snitches does it right back at him. If you can't take it, don't give it!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
officially diamond mmr :D

Maledict

It's worth adding that playing Tassadar in quick match is incredibly unfun because of the way the matchmaker works - you'll get matched against teams who have a proper supportr, and that drops your chances of winning substantially. Be prepared to lose more games than you win.

In addition, he's generally not in a good place right now. Even in hero league where the matchmaker doesn't come into play he has a very low win rate. Personally, he just doesn't bring enough to the table outside of his Archon ultimate. He has one of the lowest auto attack damages in the game (lower than Malfurion even!), gets completely screwed over by Imposing Presence (it basically negates his heroic), he can't heal properly and one of his most popular builds is just about making sure he never dies - whilst at the same time ensuring he isn't actually doing anything himself.

He definitely doesn't feel in a great place right now.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Played for the first time in a while and saw that Abathur was finally free.

Hero is so much fun. I can't imagine I'd ever try to play him without being in a stack though.

http://webmup.com/35384/vid.webm

Heroes like Abathur and Hammer are part of the reason why I find HotS so much damn fun. Because of the team XP dynamics and no last hit crap, the game allows so much diversity in hero design and playstyle that maker super interesting characters also viable to play. I just never got that kind of variety while playing Dota or LoL, it was never as much "fun" for me.

It will be interesting to see where the game is a year or two from now, to see what other crazy character concepts they can introduce.

-Digits-

upMP01.jpg

Behold Murkidan, the new World of Warcraft Blizzcon pet. I need this to be a skin in HotS so bad.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Behold Murkidan, the new World of Warcraft Blizzcon pet. I need this to be a skin in HotS so bad.
Wai, where can I find the rest of the rewards for Blizzcon?! For SC2, D3, Heroes etc!

brian!

How is he getting nerfed?

They are reducing his d cooldown (and making acuity mandatory, tho ppl usually pick this up on him anyway), and giving him kind of superfluous mana buffs, so it's an overall nerf to me. This is based on ptr so it's not set in stone though.

Yoshichan

They are reducing his d cooldown (and making acuity mandatory, tho ppl usually pick this up on him anyway), and giving him kind of superfluous mana buffs, so it's an overall nerf to me. This is based on ptr so it's not set in stone though.
Oh, are you supposed to use D off colldown (all the time)? I'm still trash with him but I personally only use it when I feel that the team is getting ambushed, or to see invinsible of course.

brian!

Oh, are you supposed to use D off colldown (all the time)? I'm still trash with him but I personally only use it when I feel that the team is getting ambushed, or to see invinsible of course.

There are situations where that's the case, but 10/5 seconds is a large blow to uptime, having it be on cd for 40/20 vs. 30/15 is substantial imo. It doesnt change what he does but it makes things harder thus nerf

Then again maybe the mana buffs allow you to branch out lvl 1 talent choice? (Kind of doubt it, but havent tested him yet)

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I wish the game had a lag tester for the servers so on bad days in the main menu it could change to say "Kind of play" since you can't just quit a game for lag without being penalized but then if you stick it out through the horrible experience it might disconnect after the core blows up anyway.

Lvl 98 and a half in wow. Almost there.... Totally not worth for the mount. Game is not fun

lol, so you bought WoD, used the boost and are forcing yourself to play through to 100 (while you're subbed for a month?) as quickly as possible just for the mount in HotS?

Ketch

If there's another mount for lvl 110 I'll have to live without it.

I thought the game would be fun and the mount was gonna be an added perk. But I was wrong. I think MMOs just don't do it for me anymore.

Edit: I bought it when it was in sale (and thought it came with a free month) and didn't need the boost cus I had a character at 85 already. Played for like a week..... Didn't like it. Put it down for like 3 weeks and now I'm just trying to get something out of it.

subwilde

Unrelated, but what is your avatar from? Looks awesome.

Also inb4 Legion expansion drops and Ketch has to level to 110 or uninstall WoW forever.

Do you know El Huervo? He's on the Hotline Miami soundtrack. He's also a pretty legit artist :)

Alur

Do you know El Huervo? He's on the Hotline Miami soundtrack. He's also a pretty legit artist :)

I do know the stuff Hotline Miami yes. Didn't know he was an artist though!

Milly79 wouldn't know anything about Hotline Miami 2 because he stopped playing because he had to go ly down.

Yoshichan

Fun-tier-list
God fun: Zagara, Kael'thas, Sylvanas, Jaina
High fun: Thrall, Zeratul, Valla, Kerrigan, Falstad, Tyrael, Leoric, Nazeebo
Medium fun: Butcher, Johanna, Tychus, Anub'arak, Malfurion, Arthas, Illidan
Low fun: Li Li, Raynor, Nova
Trash: Muradin

Milly79

I do know the stuff Hotline Miami yes. Didn't know he was an artist though!

Milly79 wouldn't know anything about Hotline Miami 2 because he stopped playing because he had to go ly down.

Bro it crashed or something. I'm too salty about it to remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom