• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
ugh, why did I just do this... I don't have money, but I bought this anyway :(

nOpr6Ag.jpg

-Digits-

Wai, where can I find the rest of the rewards for Blizzcon?! For SC2, D3, Heroes etc!

Don't think they're out in the wild yet, this was datamined from the latest PTR patch WoW got. If it's an actual Murkidan skin I'm gonna flip a table
and then buy a virtual ticket

Edit: That skin alone makes Tassadar worth playing. It's the only skin I ever bought full price.

Fun-tier-list
God fun: Zagara, Kael'thas, Sylvanas, Jaina
High fun: Thrall, Zeratul, Valla, Kerrigan, Falstad, Tyrael, Leoric, Nazeebo
Medium fun: Butcher, Johanna, Tychus, Anub'arak, Malfurion, Arthas, Illidan
Low fun: Li Li, Raynor, Nova
Trash: Muradin

YOSHI PLAY ABATHUR PLZ

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
never

i refuse

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
NO BLIZZARD WILL KEEP UP RELEASING HEROES BEFORE I MAX IT OUT
You seem to be going faster than one a month.

What do you have against Murky? I can understand Abathur because that was some weird shit that was like adding another layer to the game except you could only play that layer, but Murky is legit.

Yoshichan

You seem to be going faster than one a month.

What do you have against Murky? I can understand Abathur because that was some weird shit that was like adding another layer to the game except you could only play that layer, but Murky is legit.
I think with the amount of "fuck you Murky" and "suck a x Murky" that I've said during games, it would be quite hypocritical if I actually played him :lol

kirblar

Theorycrafting comps for Kharazim- because he really does need to be up close and personal with a melee group to get his full effectiveness- I think we could see Tass/Ty getting picked up alongside him in order to provide additional healing and CC so that you're not completely reliant on having your healer in the thick of things.

Ketch

I think monk kerrigan is gonna be stupid strong. Add KT for the follow up triple stun on the Kerri combo and you win early and late game.

Indignate

I think with the amount of "fuck you Murky" and "suck a x Murky" that I've said during games, it would be quite hypocritical if I actually played him :lol

That's fine. Rhaknar is over here playing invis heroes all day like if someone paid him too.

He paid.

Alur

Because it's the best gat damn skin in the game breh!

Yoshi hasn't touched Abathur/Murky? Oh, those weeks should be fun.

never

i refuse

He hasn't. He promised us that he was gonna, but now he says he refuses. Feels like we were duped boiz.

Why the strong dislike? I'm genuinely curious, since I'm going to be playing him when I'm done with Jaina, Johanna and Murky.

There was this...and then:

Admit it, you're never going Murky.

followed by:

I promise you, I am soooooo gonna play Murky before the end of the month!

in June! It's the middle of August!

Savitar

nOpr6Ag.jpg

It was just on sale the other week!

I bought it too.

It's awesome.

People love it.

Plus you can make "It's time to..................................jet. Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah" jokes at the beginning and people laugh.

YOUR A JET. Any argument they have is invalid.

http://www.twitch.tv/mcintyrelol Casting scrims while shitting all over the players. Amazing.

Mostly trolling NickHOTS.

Also, the punisher is now named John Cena.

8qoE95g.jpg

Shitting on his team or the teams they are scrimming? And what team is he even on now? Still some variation of Bad Blood?

Watch the vod he was drunk-ish and it was hilarious

Also he's playing with Syracuse, Zixz, TigerJK and Bkid , haven't announced a name yet

Yoshichan

Unfriended!

(Also ofc you like Zagara since it's like playing zerg in sc2 :p)
So happy to see you in this thread, Pancakes :3
in June! It's the middle of August!
Alur the detective, I said damn in real life O_O
It was just on sale the other week!
Let's just say... Blizzard forced me to not be able to play the game during that week :lol how much was it during the discount?

Maledict

Theorycrafting comps for Kharazim- because he really does need to be up close and personal with a melee group to get his full effectiveness- I think we could see Tass/Ty getting picked up alongside him in order to provide additional healing and CC so that you're not completely reliant on having your healer in the thick of things.

Kerrigan, Monk, Tyrande, Kael, TANK (Tyrael, Anub, Johanna, Muradin - all can be made to work).

I think that's going to be a scary team, with insane lock down and enough melee crap going on that KT should be safe enough to play hell with Living Bomb. If he goes the pyromaniac build then you are looking at most of an enemy team being practically permastunned once Kerrigan goes in.

Yoshichan

Ok it's decided.

Murky will be the one that I play after Monk (2-3 days after patch goes live).

I AM GIVING MY YOSHI-TRUST SALUTE RIGHT NOW.

For those that own the Monk, does he have a unique level 20 talent and only one generic like Leoric and Johanna? Is that design trend continuing?

If there's another mount for lvl 110 I'll have to live without it.

I thought the game would be fun and the mount was gonna be an added perk. But I was wrong. I think MMOs just don't do it for me anymore.

Edit: I bought it when it was in sale (and thought it came with a free month) and didn't need the boost cus I had a character at 85 already. Played for like a week..... Didn't like it. Put it down for like 3 weeks and now I'm just trying to get something out of it.

Shame you're not enjoying it, questing-wise WoD is pretty solid. It just falls flat on its face once you hit the cap if you don't have a group to run dungeons and raids with. Of course there will be some tie-in with WoW for 110. There will be ties with WoW, Hearthstone, Heroes, Diablo, Starcraft, and soon Overwatch everytime something happens in one of those games. Blizzard wants to create this positive feedback loop where one game funnels you into their other games.

Celegus

For those that own the Monk, does he have a unique level 20 talent and only one generic like Leoric and Johanna? Is that design trend continuing?

Shame you're not enjoying it, questing-wise WoD is pretty solid. It just falls flat on its face once you hit the cap if you don't have a group to run dungeons and raids with. Of course there will be some tie-in with WoW for 110. There will be ties with WoW, Hearthstone, Heroes, Diablo, Starcraft, and soon Overwatch everytime something happens in one of those games. Blizzard wants to create this positive feedback loop where one game funnels you into their other games.

And it works so so good. I ignore all the WoW stuff, but I seriously love all the bonus goodies you get for playing their games. I don't even know the last time I touched Steam, it's been all Battle.net for me for quite a while.
What's the best way to lol a hero to 10. I'm barely getting exp with a stun pack with friends in quick match

Play for 20 hours a day?

I only log into Steam to play Civ every now and then. Ever since Blizzard put out the Battle.net client and HotS it's been where most of my gaming time has gone.

When will I be able to buy Bikini Stitches? I need to know, for science.

-Digits-

Tried the Monk on the ptr
in try mode
, seems legit.

He looks like a lot of fun. I promised myself not to buy the pack with real money but I'm already going back on that decision.

Yoshichan

Yep. You guys were right. Tassadar is shit, and I'm even playing with a buddy :(

Yoshichan

haha yeah, three games in a row, no assassins

great match making

will enjoy heading to HL full time after patch

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
haha yeah, three games in a row, no assassins

great match making

will enjoy heading to HL full time after patch

Just played a game where I had 3 supports on my team...on dragon shire. You can imagine who won.

subwilde

It's hard to juggle 3 main games right now. Mostly HotS is taking up my time but I'll throw in some Rocket League and CS:GO every now and then. All 3 could not be more different. Wish I was as good at HotS as I am at CS :(

Senpai...? Anyone...?

Tried the Monk on the ptr
in try mode
, seems legit.

He looks like a lot of fun. I promised myself not to buy the pack with real money but I'm already going back on that decision.

I forgot that was an option. I definitely see myself playing a lot of ranged heroes when he gets released to the public. I imagine you'd want to be able to bully him out of melee range, whatever trait he goes for, so he can't just sit in lane and melee strike with abandon and trigger his trait every three strikes. I just see the monk facing many of the problems Thrall does.

I might buy him with gold once the price drops, definitely not at release.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Sigh, and 2 AFKs in a row. I could've just played league if I wanted these sorts of teammates.

It's gonna happen, no matter what game, because the one common denominator amoung them all is the assholes you sometimes have to play with.

Mana Tap is a legitimately good talent now. I nuked a double wave with one empowered Flamestrike and refilled so much of my mana pool it was absurd. It might actually be difficult to choose between that and Nether Wind.

Man, I just want the PTR changes rolled into the main client now. Minus the broken-ass map.

Pancakes

Starting to get the hand of Tychus after a few QMs. Enhanced grenade range is absolutely amazing.

I know complaining about matchmaking is tired, but ugh.

My team's muradin: Player level 12, 35 games played.
My team's nova: Player level 18, 35 games played

Enemy valla: Player level 40, rank 1 hero league, 1735 games

------
Edit:
okay, hotslogs updated and I gues the mmr match checks out:
Enemy team's hotslogs mmr:
1700/3350(valla)/1526/1575/777(wut) = avg 1785

My teams mmr:
2838(me)/1490/1700/1234/1700 = 1792

Problem is that valla farmed my whole team all game and I couldn't carry nearly as well. I feel like the 777 guy is what ruined the matchmaking, because he only has 3 games played and was obviously better than a 777 mmr.

Even though the mmr averages out to be about even, putting anyone on my team against a 3350 valla is kind of silly.

kirblar

I know complaining about matchmaking is tired, but ugh.

My team's muradin: Player level 12, 35 games played.
My team's nova: Player level 18, 35 games played

Enemy valla: Player level 40, rank 1 hero league, 1735 games
Enemy sylvannas: Player level 40, rank 5 hero league, 900 games
Social media up this kind of crap. Ignore what Cooby says- the more public pressure, the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom