• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian!

That's something he can do but not really a reason to pick him (you can just pick anub, who has more cc, for example)

He's a utility warrior if that makes sense, the biggest thing about him to me is his kit gives him a lot of play options

Imposing will is even more valuable now after imposing presence nerf too

Cerato

Neo Member
If you take Kerrigan's ravage talents, she takes on a really dynamic play style. They keys are:

Clean Kill - If your ravage kills an enemy, its mana cost is refunded, its cooldown is immediately reset, and the next one hits harder.

Adaptation - Ravage can be used to jump to friendlies, for half the mana.

Eviscerate - Increases Ravage range by 40%.

So, you're going to do considerably less damage than most normal kerrigan builds. But you have the ability to jump people who are hurt and running away, and then you can either jump to a new enemy, or jump out on a friendly - right away. This is especially beneficial if you're on a map with Diablo, The Butcher, or stealthies.

The thing is, you really can't initiate with a ravage. You need to roll in and do your sweeping grasp combo, stay on the outside, and wait for someone to get hurt enough that you think you could kill em with a ravage. Overdrive helps, too.

I'm still working on this, but I like the style.

Ketch

To me tyreal makes more sense in an aggressive line up, when you want to fight early, when your team has high mobility or when their team has low mobility.

You want to take advantage of His ability to shield and boost allies who are close to him while taking advantage of his great early game body blocking, aoe and lane control.

He's great when your team is picking the fights. He sucks when the other team is dictating the pace.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
91k healing in 21mins compared to bwing's 42k on the other side o_O

Monk is fun :)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
seven sided strike might see more play than I thought, especially as people get smart about NOT killing the stasis target. I saved myself with stasis but the other 2 times in the match I used enemies disengaged and it didnt heal. I mean its still fine, the teammate didnt die, but 7sided seems to be reallyh good aswell, against 1 or 2 people (more than that not so much)

kirblar

seven sided strike might see more play than I thought, especially as people get smart about NOT killing the stasis target. I saved myself with stasis but the other 2 times in the match I used enemies disengaged and it didnt heal. I mean its still fine, the teammate didnt die, but 7sided seems to be reallyh good aswell, against 1 or 2 people (more than that not so much)
If you can isolate one person with 7-sided it's going to take half their HP off. But in a group setting, it's garbage.

If you take Kerrigan's ravage talents, she takes on a really dynamic play style. They keys are:

Clean Kill - If your ravage kills an enemy, its mana cost is refunded, its cooldown is immediately reset, and the next one hits harder.

Adaptation - Ravage can be used to jump to friendlies, for half the mana.

Eviscerate - Increases Ravage range by 40%.

So, you're going to do considerably less damage than most normal kerrigan builds. But you have the ability to jump people who are hurt and running away, and then you can either jump to a new enemy, or jump out on a friendly - right away. This is especially beneficial if you're on a map with Diablo, The Butcher, or stealthies.

The thing is, you really can't initiate with a ravage. You need to roll in and do your sweeping grasp combo, stay on the outside, and wait for someone to get hurt enough that you think you could kill em with a ravage. Overdrive helps, too.

I'm still working on this, but I like the style.

Ravage resets on kills by default. Ravage range and jumping to friendlies certainly seems more viable now that she's lost true sprint. Do you get the heal at lvl 1?

I'm flat out not good with these builds though. I don't find last kills predictable enough except against minions and mercs unless you're 1 v 1, but Kerrigan is certainly good for chasing and a Ravage build I imagine helps against the usual problem of chasing, which is the hunger to just follow someone for 10 seconds into an ambush. I'm glad you've got something working for you though. I like how most of her talents aren't junk.

brian!

Yeah her 1/4 talents seem pretty open to me atm, i cant really identify anything that stands out a lot to me

It's hard to rationalize the early sustain talents (mana makes sense on certain maps maybe) when the lvl 7 talent solves all of it in my exp.

Tyrael has become one of my favorite characters lately, I'm really liking his combo of mobility and durabilty.. For me he works best in two or three warrior comps.. The other tanks and tyrael initiates a stray squishy opponent, works like a charm..

But as lone tank the rest of the comp really need to be suited for him.

Rhaknar

tried to be fancy with a hammer stealth build, it failed miserably lol

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Rank 17 after the placement matches where I got like 13-7.

Yeah, not a good sign of how the system works.

Alur

I'm surprised they haven't pulled High Templar Zera from the store, he's just a recolor of base Zera

I forgot about that skin. Me too. They should do something for sure. Barely any changes and just a few new tints basically.

I'm guessing it is because you have no established Hero League MMR. Average is the 20's, and you went above .500 so you are ahead of average. Like I said, chu8 was rank 1 and only got rank 5. His rank 1 MMR was way higher than mine, for example, so I'll be closer to you than him for sure I'd guess.

I'm assuming they don't want to place people straight in and then there be no climb to be had (because people would surely bitch about that too), hence them saying the initial placement would be "conservative".

Cerato

Neo Member
One of the neat things about the ravage build for kerrigan is that it's mana free on a kill, it resets its CD, and it heals you for 10%, and all of that works on minions. So, between just two minions, you can heal 20% of your health for free.

Also, it looks to me like the CD on ravage resets if the enemy dies soon after you use ravage, but it doesn't actually have to be ravage that kills them.

Also, it looks to me like the CD on ravage resets if the enemy dies soon after you use ravage, but it doesn't actually have to be ravage that kills them.

Yeah it's a pretty generous window, probably a second and change.

I'll have to give the build another chance some time, see if I like the flow now and can manage to not suck

Alur

Dreadnaught released a guide for healing on Kharazim.

Good stuff. His pros and cons list (lol):

Pros:

Very high mobility
More healing than any other healer in the game
Strong AoE heal on low cooldown
Extremely powerful healing heroic
AoE pseudo-cleanse
Great at Skirmishing
Only healer with the option to get relentless
Supports his team in more ways than just pure healing
Great passive healing while gathering objectives
Has avatar skin tints for both skins

Cons:

Melee that must auto attack in order to turn healing from good to great
Very high skill cap
No CC
No AoE/Waveclear of any kind
Mediocre laner overall

brian!

One of the neat things about the ravage build for kerrigan is that it's mana free on a kill, it resets its CD, and it heals you for 10%, and all of that works on minions. So, between just two minions, you can heal 20% of your health for free.

yeah there's a lot of leg room when heroes talks about last hits

People are still picking gathering power on KT and Nova. Maybe, maybe it might be a worthwhile pick on KT with how he can melt creep waves and heroes standing in them with Fission and Chain Bomb but you can't die. It's just such a waste of a talent if you die like two or three times. You die at the wrong time once late-game, it's a waste. Plus you're betting on the game going long and passing on immediately useful level 4 talents. I don't get why people are still picking it.

People are still picking gathering power on KT and Nova. Maybe, maybe it might be a worthwhile pick on KT with how he can melt creep waves and heroes standing in them with Fission and Chain Bomb but you can't die. It's just such a waste of a talent if you die like two or three times. You die at the wrong time once late-game, it's a waste. Plus you're betting on the game going long and passing on immediately useful level 4 talents. I don't get why people are still picking it.

Dunno why people pick it on Nova. It doesn't affect her AD, does it? She doesn't really have a skillset that screams "MORE DAMAGE FOR IT WOULD DO GOOD"

Ketch

From what I've seen and played so far the only hero where gathering might be worth it is nazeebo. Only because you can get pretty tanky and have ice block and do most of shit from a safe distance aswell.

It fits pretty with the old school ravenous build.

How so?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
No, I meant I expected rank 30 or something. 17 is way too high, considering I didn't ace the placement matches.

Zafir

13-7 is a pretty good win percentage though, and since you hadn't played HL much before your MMR will mostly be untainted. So you'll have got a significant boost from the fact you got more 6 more wins than you did losses.

Hit 20 with Kael'thas with one of the worst Quick Matches I have ever experienced. Time to just start playing Hero League from here on out. Guess I'll play QM for Dailies but that's it.

Yoshichan

Wow lvl 20 Kael! GJ man.

brian!

Dunno why people pick it on Nova. It doesn't affect her AD, does it? She doesn't really have a skillset that screams "MORE DAMAGE FOR IT WOULD DO GOOD"

gp gives ap

it's sort of useful for nova against murky/vikings but yeah it's not a good talent at all right now
like im definitely going nether wind every game even if murky or vikings are on the map

Alur

From what I've seen and played so far the only hero where gathering might be worth it is nazeebo. Only because you can get pretty tanky and have ice block and do most of shit from a safe distance aswell.

You can't take Ice Block and the 25% increased range, though, so there's not much reason to take Ice Block because the range is absolutely ridiculous. Landing Zombie Walls has never been easier. Plus you can just get Bolt at 20 now if you are worried about survivability since there's no more Sprint, even with the Bolt nerf.

I wouldn't ever take GP on anybody now. Definitely not Naz either. No matter which build you go, unless you have a perfect game with no deaths you'll get more value out of Spider Cluster long term.

Guesong

Well this is a new record.

2 AFKs on my team in one single game!

There goes my perfect placement matches streak. 7-1 now -_-

Good thing you can report for that now, but I have no idea if Blizz even do anything about that.

WatTsu

Does anyone know if the new Starcraft hero that comes with Legacy of the Void preorders is for all LotV preorders or just the special physical and digital editions? Not like the game is dropping soon but I'm curious - the Blizzard website seems to imply he will be on your account if you get either.

Alur

Does anyone know if the new Starcraft hero that comes with Legacy of the Void preorders is for all LotV preorders or just the special physical and digital editions? Not like the game is dropping soon but I'm curious - the Blizzard website seems to imply he will be on your account if you get either.

I believe everyone gets the hero (just like all D3 RoS owners got Valla). It's the mount that is exclusive.

Syf

Banned
You get Artanis with any pre-order yeah. Actually probably get him just for buying it, don't even need to pre-order.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
My Heroes of the Storm main is now a cow that plays an electric guitar. This game might be alright actually.

Ketch

I wouldn't ever take GP on anybody now. Definitely not Naz either. No matter which build you go, unless you have a perfect game with no deaths you'll get more value out of Spider Cluster long term.

Yea I wouldn't recommend it either. My point was just that of all the heroes who still have GP nazeebo is the only one with some semblance of survivability because, like you said, it's completely useless if you die like more then once.

Maybe they will buff it to start out at 10, but still able go down to 0, losing half your stacks when you die

Alur

Have you played much Nazeebo since the patch, Ketch? He's pretty damn good now IMO. Winrate was already good last patch, but now the damage is even easier to do along with the walls.

Ketch

Have you played much Nazeebo since the patch, Ketch? He's pretty damn good now IMO. Winrate was already good last patch, but now the damage is even easier to do along with the walls.

I played him on PTR only. Haven't been home since the patch. Will check it out this weekend.

He was really good before the patch. I just want to punish the no stun hero league comps I've been seeing with some greedy ravenous spirit build is all.

Rhaknar

Is the new 25% range competing with any major talent in its tier?

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I kind of see now how people who play League clones can buy just one or a small handful of heroes and stick to only them. After playing 4 or 5 games with ETC I never want to play any other hero in HotS. He's like tanky Enigma. Just yolo into team fights and start a mosh pit. So gud!

I kind of see now how people who play League clones can buy just one or a small handful of heroes and stick to only them. After playing 4 or 5 games with ETC I never want to play any other hero in HotS. He's like tanky Enigma. Just yolo into team fights and start a mosh pit. So gud!

Just don't yolo solo, and be one of *those* E.T.C players :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom