• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milly79

Here's the full quote for IS:

Hey Rennbot, I'm going to focus on your second question as that's my main focus.

For Infernal Shrines balance we spent a ton of time working out the different balance hooks on the Punishers. So I'm going to pull out some of our major balance factors we analyzed and discussed during it's development.

The AoE stun used to have a large damage component built into it. This created a lot of snowballs in our internal play testing and was quickly removed. With this change we added a little more of the damage into the Punisher's themselves.
We both reduced and increased the Punishers stun many many times as we iterated upon his power level. Our biggest take away was the stun at lower numbers didn't feel very impactful and consequently the reward felt unimportant.
While we wanted to maintain the Punisher's damage levels we decided to add counter-play instead of removing damage. He switches to the nearest enemy hero. So after the initial stun and I believe 1 to 2 hits of guaranteed damage on the primary target your allies can jump in and soak the damage.
While testing we also saw lots of baiting tactics get developed as players learned the maps to pull Punisher's into areas where it was harder for the attacking team to follow up on the Punisher.

We will continue to evaluate the feedback of the map and reduce the power levels if necessary.

For the Affixes we definitely wanted to pull out the ones that were the most iconic, played well (read: were impactful), and have unique game play from each other.

We tested a few others as well.

Thunderstorm
Desecrator
We discussed waller, but well Leoric was in development.
Jailer (this never got put in, but was discussed a fair bit)

Edited to improve format because I'm a reddit Noob.

Chaos17

This is the first time that I saw someone not wanting the bot to play!
Our Illidan dced suddenly so I wanted to take the bot with me but no Abathur didn't wanted his pal to die so he kept Illidan with him!! (even when I tried to insist on taking the bot).

Not even letting the bot wave clear!
Dude, I am reporting you!!

From an internet message board I stab at thee random HotS player, feel the fury of my hamfists flying across a keyboard. Each stroke of a key a mortal wound!

brian!

"Overall we are happy with where Zeratul's current balance. However, he is a bit of a problem for us in the competitive side of things. We are actively discussing if and what we would need to do to keep him amazing for the majority of players while lowering his power at the professional level. Not sure when we will have that answer, but he is on our radar."

buy-buy-buy.png

Indignate

While I wouldn't try to stop a bot from playing, I'd much rather get slightly more experience to compensate for having less players on my team rather than have a bot altogether.

Bots are sometimes worse than the people you get matched up with in pubs.

kirblar

"Overall we are happy with where Zeratul's current balance. However, he is a bit of a problem for us in the competitive side of things. We are actively discussing if and what we would need to do to keep him amazing for the majority of players while lowering his power at the professional level. Not sure when we will have that answer, but he is on our radar."

buy-buy-buy.png
Spoiler: You adjust VP.

Maledict

And worm hole. VP and wormhole are the things that aren't right on him. Wormhole gives too much safety and too much of an escape for a character who comes with a built in teleport, and vp is just nuts - shouldn't have the range it has, should have some form of cast time or *some* sort of counter play.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
wow just got battlefield or eternity. I guess they hotfixed it while I was taking a break

Ketch

iunno they say he's balanced

My man.

They seriously need to buff the other melee assassins before they nerf zera.

I would get rid of rewind, move wormhole to 20 and give him a good damage talent at 13.

Without wormhole he's almost useless, do he'd need extra damage to make up for it. At 20 he'd be god like.

As far as vp they should increase the cool down and the radius and then reduce the casting range.

It's a powerful ulti that's just a little bit too easy to use.

Also, I'm getting hammered. And enemy of the state is a good movie

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

42 games and not a single battlefield of the eternity (hero league)

I take a break

I come back and the first game is battlefield of the eternity

hotfix

Yoshichan

i want you in eu now

Yoshichan

4 losses in a row

I want to slam my dick and balls between a door and a wall right this instant

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Do NOT watch the quicklook expecting any sort of competent play in the slightest, you'll just get angry.

I'm surprised Brad wasn't screaming lol

Yoshichan

Damn, just watched it. Brads patience is nice

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
QL put some of the players I've seen in perspective tho, like Dan's idiotic solo play and charging the enemy base for no reason.

But then again I never played a moba and even in my first games I wasn't doing that >_>

subwilde

QL put some of the players I've seen in perspective tho, like Dan's idiotic solo play and charging the enemy base for no reason.

But then again I never played a moba and even in my first games I wasn't doing that >_>

I mean...Raynor's gonna Raynor but damn Dan...

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
The amount of gold you get per match in this game seems miserly.

Yoshichan

Hey everyone. Decided to give this game a try (downloading as I type). My first MOBA-type game.

You're better off playing Super Smash Brothers on the GC or Wii. They both share the same genre, but SSB at least has strategy involved.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Too bad you can't transfer gold, cause i have 30k and don't feel like spending it.

Freshly released heroes are really expensive it would seem. Would be nice to have some loot banked for when a good one dropped.

I'm thinking about buying a starter pack or a bundle or something, but not committing any cash until this catches on with my Dota friends, or the people that we exiled from our Dota group for being bad at Dota, since this seems more their speed.

Yoshichan

Placed into rank 9. I guess I am ok with that, time to grind back to rank 1!

Enjoy getting ranked up with unranked people and rank 40s.

The system works!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom