• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Anybody know what determines when hotslogs makes the "view details" of a game in your match history available? It seems random and arbitrary which games it stores details for.

brian!

it's only available for garden of terror at the moment

also, I dunno if you know this, you can click the arrow all the way on the left to get a dropdown w/ more info

About to hit 50 games in quickmatch and it's only getting better so far. Won five of the last seven games.

One thing I've observed that's bothering me is that there is too much tit for tat going on. Whenever the team I'm in gets a good push in and kills most of the enemy team they engage way too long. I think my team could have won one of the two games I lost recently if it weren't for that. We were on garden terror, slightly behind in xp and seeds but the two big plant guys were still on the map. After pushing the enemy into their base, killing most of their team they just continued to push to the core until the enemy team respawned and wiped them out. If we had killed the plant bosses to get the terror we probably would have won the game. Granted this does not happen in every game, some people/teams do know when to disengage but more often then not it's a wasted opportunity to get merc camps or go for the objective.

Hitting "v" for "XXX wants to retreat" sometimes help.. And perhaps ping the plant with this, in this case could do the job... But no promises :)

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
it's only available for garden of terror at the moment

also, I dunno if you know this, you can click the arrow all the way on the left to get a dropdown w/ more info

I did not know that, thanks!

I've been playing a bunch of Tyrande lately and I really like her a lot in lane, and I've found her to be really good at roaming and ganking when I land my skill shots. But she seems to get really crappy and useless as games wear on longer. I've tried skilling her as much as I can for healing and my healing numbers are never impressive, so god help my team if we don't get a 2nd healer/support on it. I've tried skilling for more damage and she's even less impressive there (which is what I expected). The only saving grace for that hero seems to be Hunter's Mark which stays great the entire game, but there aren't really many ways to make it more useful other than the first tier trait that lowers its cd. Still it will never stop being fun to land stuns on fleeing heroes.

LiQuid!

Just played a game where we had Diablo and Leoric, Tyrande as our only healer and a Sgt Hammer and an Abathur. I've never seen a lineup in this game less capable of killing an enemy hero holy crap.

Hate Zeratul so much. Void Prison plus stealth plus blink is just infuriating.

I think part of my problem is I keep assuming towers have true sight like dota.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Aiiiiiight gonna be playing some today... finally. Out of pace.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
My favorite skin + mount combination so far. Damn Uther, you so handsome

9NYrdau.png

How do you guys level up fast?

I need to get to level 12 for some diablo 3 goodies.

At 7 you get a double xp boost for like a week which will speed it up a good bit. I leveled a lot when they had a double xp week or whatever it was, got the bonus at the same time, think I got to like 30 in a week from not playing even that much.

12 is still gonna take some time. If you're not in a hurry and want a lazy approach, play Training, just queue and go afk for 20-30mins, then requeue and keep doing that. It gives a lot less xp than actually playing, but it can be done afk so that's a big plus. Also queuing as certain class type seems to give better results in training, or maybe it's just RNG based on the heroes you get on your team. Try queueing as tank though, I've found it to be best, other than queueing as Abathur(because of locust which works even when you're afk).

Yoshichan

Hmm, I thought someone said you got more points for playing Hero League solo? I just solo'd one and won, got 100p which seems to be the standard amount that I've gotten even in a party (with 2).

Do you get less points for being in a 3-4 man, but maybe not in 2 man, perhaps?

edit: also, I play Uther for the first time and we completely shrek the opponents. Response after game:

zeShd3Z.png

LiQuid!

It's so, so, so, so hard to win games solo queue. So hard. How does anybody ever even do it? Is it even possible?

Yoshichan

It's so, so, so, so hard to win games solo queue. So hard. How does anybody ever even do it? Is it even possible?

HL or QM? I found that I had like a 40% win rate on solo QM but much higher on HL.

LiQuid!

HL or QM? I found that I had like a 40% win rate on solo QM but much higher on HL.

QM. Not level 30 yet. People in QL are like actively avoiding objectives. I had a Stiches in my team who spends the entire game split pushing lanes while blaming our loss on team for feeding when he's the only warrior on team and he won't engage in any fights. Played 3 games and lost all 3.

SoundLad

So last night I wanted to win a QM to warm up to my first HL match....

...ended up losing 6 QM in a row. In one game we had 3 AI players and in others we had Leorics that would straight up die 20 times within 15 minutes since they went to spawn in the middle of the enemy team (and of course instantly going for march in hopes to kill).

Just..awful.. did anyone else get horribly matched last night?

MoonGred

Storm Bundle only way to get cyber wolf? Tempting, too bad pax is right around the corner ;_;

I sure hope not. I already spent $50 on the nexus bundle to get the unicorn. Don't want to fork over another 17 for the cyber wolf, especially seeing as I don't care about the other heroes.

Yoshichan

All these bundles are weak as hell :(

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
*realizing late* Wait so theoretically had I bought the Novazon skin bundle when it came out, I would have gotten refunded 10k gold for already having her with the rest of the double purchase refund?

Yoshichan

You can pick up whatever you need for cheap. Like the storm bundle I'm only lacking wrath sonya and it was $2.49.

Oh yeah, that's true! Good shit.

Dice

So glad to get BoE back soon and not have the dumb graveyard and garden which nobody knows how to play.

LiQuid!

Continuing to solo queue for quick matches just to see how bad they can possibly get. Just played a game where 4 people on our team had 0 takedowns the entire game.

edit: never mind. I hit rock bottom with that match then won the next won easier than a bot match. Again, the skill disparity between the two teams was ridiculous, I just happened to finally get on the team with people that knew what they were doing.

Dice

lmao was just on cursed hollow as murky with a leoric and we just kept pushing mid vs 4 and winning

we were like "nothing stops this train"

meanwhile naz was top and abathur/valla was bot

So I finished my placement matches...

Rank 36.

Does anyone know the accuracy of this? It seems ridiculously low, seeing as rank 25 is the average according to their definition of the ranks. I was expecting somewhere between 25 and 15.

So I finished my placement matches...

Rank 36.

Does anyone know the accuracy of this? It seems ridiculously low, seeing as rank 25 is the average according to their definition of the ranks. I was expecting somewhere between 25 and 15.

It's set conservedly intentional. It puts you in a rank based on your MMR at the end of the placement matches presumptively.

It's set conservedly intentional. It puts you in a rank based on your MMR at the end of the placement matches presumptively.

That's dumb as hell, so now I basically have to grind my way up 10-20 ranks? This ain't better than it was before at all.

Edit: What the %??& is the point of placement matches then? Just give me my rank right away if it's that shallow of a system.

That's dumb as hell, so now I basically have to grind my way up 10-20 ranks? This ain't better than it was before at all.

Edit: What the %??& is the point of placement matches then? Just give me my rank right away if it's that shallow of a system.

Nothing confirmed that's just what people think it does based on the win/loss ratio seeming inconsequential.

They needed to get a myriad of people of rank 1.

Yoshichan

I'm on quite the
loss
streak right now and I'm not even angry. Does this mean my body is adapting and that I'm becoming Buddha?

Ketch

I did not know that, thanks!

I've been playing a bunch of Tyrande lately and I really like her a lot in lane, and I've found her to be really good at roaming and ganking when I land my skill shots. But she seems to get really crappy and useless as games wear on longer. I've tried skilling her as much as I can for healing and my healing numbers are never impressive, so god help my team if we don't get a 2nd healer/support on it. I've tried skilling for more damage and she's even less impressive there (which is what I expected). The only saving grace for that hero seems to be Hunter's Mark which stays great the entire game, but there aren't really many ways to make it more useful other than the first tier trait that lowers its cd. Still it will never stop being fun to land stuns on fleeing heroes.

Tyrande is one of my all time favorites. The key to getting good damage numbers as tyrande is landing stuns. Battle momentum helps. But rewind at 20 is the real talent you want.

Try Landing double stun+owl combos on one or two people standing in star fall.

Yoshichan

Can you tell us exactly which build you go for Ketch?

Alur

Hmm, I thought someone said you got more points for playing Hero League solo? I just solo'd one and won, got 100p which seems to be the standard amount that I've gotten even in a party (with 2).

Do you get less points for being in a 3-4 man, but maybe not in 2 man, perhaps

Solo you'll get the max amount after your bonus falls off ~80-100. Duo too potentially I guess, though I've also seen it taken away from there as well. Definitely 3's and 4's are shortchanged a bit.

Biggest fibber EU?

Ok it's decided.

Murky will be the one that I play after Monk (2-3 days after patch goes live).

I AM GIVING MY YOSHI-TRUST SALUTE RIGHT NOW.

Yoshi-trust salute confirmed to be hoax.

Yoshichan

I'm devastated :(

Valus

Finished my placements and got rank 6. I have a feeling I'm gonna be stuck between the rank 3-6 range forever now. How can I find out what my MMR is and what is the sweet spot figure it should be?

Alur

Finished my placements and got rank 6. I have a feeling I'm gonna be stuck between the rank 3-6 range forever now. How can I find out what my MMR is and what is the sweet spot figure it should be?

Upload all your games to hotslogs. That's all we've got for now.

If you're in the 2800 (may be 2900 or higher now after reset, I haven't seen anyone below 3k with it) - 3300 range you'll probably have an easier time from what the higher MMR streamers and pro players were saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom