• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

subwilde

Aw man I feel like I missed out an a good salt bath!

BTW does anyone rage at this game and not many other games or vice versa? I seem to be content with whatever happens in HotS, unless I clearly made a dumb mistake, but in other games(mainly csgo and h1z1) the salt is flowing from my veins haha.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I reinstalled the game and now I keep getting the tutorial intro each time I enter a map. What's up with that?

brian!

Woah chobra involved in this weekend's na tourney

Probably in a host capacity, i like him because he involves himself in the fake hype but is like boisterous about it in a way that makes it not a negative for me

Alur

BTW does anyone rage at this game and not many other games or vice versa? I seem to be content with whatever happens in HotS, unless I clearly made a dumb mistake, but in other games(mainly csgo and h1z1) the salt is flowing from my veins haha.

I definitely get more salty about this game than any other I've played on a match to match basis. Other games it was much easier to at least do well yourself and impact the game (mostly MMO PVP) or they just didn't evoke the same kind of reaction I guess.

I reinstalled the game and now I keep getting the tutorial intro each time I enter a map. What's up with that?

I dunno either. Something in there mucks up every now and then. I get it on each of my accounts at least once or twice a month as well.

http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog...sales-americas-championship-edition-9-17-2015

Next week's sale heroes will include the five hero team used by the winners of this weekend's Americas Championship.

And the following week, there will be a skin discount for the same heroes. Sounds like it's the specific skins that are used by the winning team.

I was telling Proto I'd love to see Blizzard release themed skins in the team colors of the winner of this year's Blizzcon a-la Riot does for the winners of Worlds each year.This is somewhat similar, but I hope they are considering it.

I'd love to see Tempo Storm Rehgar (Dreadnaught), Tempo Storm Johanna (So1dier), Tempo Storm Valla (Kaeyoh), Tempo Storm Sylvanas (Zuna), and Tempo Storm Kael'thas (Arthelon) or their C9 or MVP Black or whatever equivalent. It'd be a money maker and it'd also be a neat little theme to have.

Alavard

Colors 4-5-6 are in the works.

Hopefully we eventually get team-synced palette options as well.

Niiiice.

Maybe Tychus will finally get some tints that aren't a shade of blue.

I'm going to assume they'll be rolled out slowly, in batches of heroes, or at least only be for the normal/master skins, because otherwise, that work scales with every skin they release from now on (clearly it's not as simple as just adjusting the color palette, given how many of the heroes have decals and such that change between tints).

Yo juice, come play with me and my crew. We're a no toxic fun loving bunch and I need more people who can run Dota tactics.

One of my friends almost exclusively plays Hammer; that's how much we don't give a fuck.

lol, thanks. I went and built a cyborg army and took over the world in Civ BE instead.

FC2580244ABDB5EF9C2B7063F7E6A16D13C27F9C

Hams is stomping in QM now. It's like people have forgotten how to deal with her.

kirblar

Niiiice.

Maybe Tychus will finally get some tints that aren't a shade of blue.

I'm going to assume they'll be rolled out slowly, in batches of heroes, or at least only be for the normal/master skins, because otherwise, that work scales with every skin they release from now on (clearly it's not as simple as just adjusting the color palette, given how many of the heroes have decals and such that change between tints).
It's the type of thing that will launch fully functional from day 1- they'll almost certainly be adding tints 4-5-6 to Hero Levels 11-20.

Alavard

It's the type of thing that will launch fully functional from day 1- they'll almost certainly be adding tints 4-5-6 to Hero Levels 11-20.

I'm not saying it's not possible, but man, that's a lot of work.

We're at, what, 41 heroes, right now?

With an average of 4 skins, with 3 more tints, that would be 41x4x3=492 additional tints to work on. Though I guess they could cut it down a little by at least making the same tints for the normal and master skin, as they've started doing since Kael'Thas.

Valus

Hopefully they don't lock the 3 new tints above anything passed like, level 15. That's hard enough. They need to do legendary skins locked behind level 20.

Alur

I love this idea. Give me some incentive to keep playing those heroes.

Though I guess they could cut it down a little by at least making the same tints for the normal and master skin, as they've started doing since Kael'Thas.

That's probably what they'll do but I'd like to go on record saying I absolutely hate that they have been doing that. The last few master skins have been quite lackluster.

Ketch

Stitches deals with hammer.

I'm surprised we haven't seen more of him in this double tank meta.

He depends on hooks sure, but hook is OP.

Zafir

Aw man I feel like I missed out an a good salt bath!

I get annoyed but I don't really rage at HotS. Out of all games I played a decent amount of online, HS is probably what can really give me a bad mood. All dat rng can just really grate sometimes. :p

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Mfpallytime is pumping out a lot of Rexxar videos, he seems to love him

Alur

Nice find TheYanger. For anyone that didn't click, Blizzard is introducing Twitch integration with Battle.net and giving an in-game portrait for linking and watching the next tournament:

Blizzard said:
For a limited time, anyone who watches a Heroes of the Storm regional championship while logged into Twitch with a linked Battle.net account will receive a special “Storm Watcher” portrait in Heroes of the Storm.

Your first opportunity to secure this portrait is quickly approaching. Tune in to the Americas Championship on September 19 and 20, and you’ll be among the first to receive the new portrait. After watching the Americas or other regional championship events, the portrait will be awarded to qualifying players starting in October, when it will appear in your in-game portrait collection.

Blizzard actually putting in a little effort to get people to tune in. Good on them. And thanks for the neat portrait.

CIV V even after 1000 hours is still better than BE

I have over 1200 hours and disagree. BNW was amazing but I find Civ V pretty boring now, its last content update was years ago. Plus I can't build an army of cyborgs in BNW.

People ever knew how to deal with her? Not in my QM range, thankfully people also didn't know how to play her.

Most people seem to know CC and focus, pop goes the idiot in siege mode. Or used to. Arthas and Tyrande or Diablo and Tyrande used to be ugly counters. Diablo in particular just because of how he can shift your position.

It's supposed to do that when you play training :p

EDIT:
http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/19897904/introducing-battlenet-and-twitch-integration-9-17-2015

Didn't see it here shoot me if old, but basically link your Bnet to twitch and watch any of the championships this weekend :)
Was literally one click for me.

I really like the portrait. done.

Maledict

Stitches deals with hammer.

I'm surprised we haven't seen more of him in this double tank meta.

He depends on hooks sure, but hook is OP.

The issue is that he brings literally nothing else - poor damage, poor cc, poor tankyness. Unless you are playing a particular map and a berry specific comp, and have an amazing stitches player, you are just better off running with a more standard tank like Arthas to lock people down and kill them.

I think Bob? run him, but that's it from what I can remember. He's just way too weak all round to justify taking him for the hook.

Also got to remember in a two tank meta hook is not as good as it used to be. The enemy team now has two targets you don't want to hook, and your own team will be missing vital burst damage because you have two tanks.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Aight so I'm in need of that portrait. In my Twitch connections, do I need to have it connected to Americas or Europe when I watch the Americas Championship on September 19 and 20? Will it only work if I have it linked to Americas?

Indignate

Pretty sure you need to select your region.

It doesn't matter which region you watch.

If I watch another region's championship and have my account linked, will I receive the reward in my home region?

Yes, watching the Americas, Korea, Europe, or Taiwan championships on Twitch will grant you the in-game portrait in all regions.

Yoshichan

Excellent! Can't wait for this shit.

Lemonheap

Banned
Been trying to get enough gold from dailies to buy Johanna for so fucking long now. Losing the fun aspect of the game personally by doing Quick Matches by myself... bah

Yoshichan

I am on the verge of stopping this game all together because of the Attempting to Reconnect glitch that's been going on for the past two days. IT IS MAKING THIS FUCKING SHIT GAME MORE UNPLAYABLE THAN IT ALREADY IS.

Holy fucking shit, the more I play Blizzard games, the more I realize how fucking incompetent they are as a company. I can't say this enough times: HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

Weekly Sale Items for September 22 – 29, 2015

Chen -- Sale Price: 4.99 EUR / 3.69 GBP
Warmaster Chen -- Sale Price: 3.69 EUR / 2.70 GBP
Blood Elf Tyrande -- Sale Price: 4.99 EUR / 3.69 GBP

Not even mad about BE Tyrande... Warden Tyrande > All other Tyrande

Yoshichan

I've never been so happy to see my ally being disconnected before.

Just lost a game with a Leoric that had ~20 deaths at the end (he'd just respawn right in the middle of the enemy team) and never communicated with us. Part-way through a teammate points out that it isn't just Leoric that sucks, but also our Malfurion that specced into all Moonfire/damage-skills (including Twilight Dream) despite being our only Support.

We started off doing really well but it descended into hell around level 16. Was pretty fun regardless, but man, what an awful team.

Ketch

The issue is that he brings literally nothing else - poor damage, poor cc, poor tankyness.

His damage is actually really good, maybe one of the best for a tank. And his tanky ness is better then poor, but yea no CC is an issue. He's a really good laner aswell.

And like I said, even though he is just a hook, hook is one of those abilities that wins games.

But yea hooking an enemy warrior can be a real issue depending on who it is.

I could see him picked if hammer starts seeing more play. He does work vs melee heavy comps and he's decent against Raynor aswell

kirblar

Stitches has bad damage and is super-squishy now. He's nothing like the old stitches.

I have no idea how one could think otherwise.

Alavard

Stitches has bad damage and is super-squishy now. He's nothing like the old stitches.

Decided to look it up for fun.

At level 20, Stitches has an autoattack DPS of 147.42

At level 20, Johanna has an autoattack DPS of 196.56

At level 20, Rexxar has an autoattack of DPS 187.92 (this doesn't even include Misha).

Even Li Li has an autoattack DPS of 173.75 at level 20.

I know that doesn't factor in abilities or anything, but wow.

Yoshichan

Stitches is shit

NEWS

:/

Ketch

I could think otherwise, because I know better.

I'm not gonna say stitches is good. Not by any means.

But hook is good, really good.

And his damage is also really good. It comes from slam and his trait so it's a bit DoT like nazeebo, but it really adds up to a lot. It's not uncommon for stitches to do 50 even 60k in a match.

His self heal also does a bit for his tankiness. It's deceptive. But I honestly think he's on par with etc, Diablo, or maybe even anub.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom