• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alur

TIL Yoshi is most toxic player in this thread

8PX6yuV.gif

I thought we all knew this.
both for giggles and for salt

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
So how many times have you guys gotten banned in Heroes so far?

I'm on #4

Alur

I just want official confirmation that Medic is next. Sure, Medic before Artanis and that seems to indicate next...but gimme a new video breh. C'mon.

I wanna Medivac Yoshichan to America to avoid the disconnect bug and drink milkshakes.

Alur

So how many times have you guys gotten banned in Heroes so far?

I'm on #4

Your BM is unending! Feel the hatred of 10,000 hours played!

Zero, surprisingly. Maybe it's because I try to watch the "bad" words when I'm throwing salt around.

You two need to consult on proper BM tactics. I'll join is as the third. I think we can get Dice for a fourth and then all we need is a fifth and we can make Team Sodium.

This plan doesn't work unless we play a game with All Chat though. We need to be able to not only BM each other, but BM the other team and BM each other to the other team.

EDIT: This was meant to be an edit. Now it is a double post. Feel the hatred of 10,000 posts in this thread.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
i always laugh when you quote Yoshidan

Just lost a game with a Leoric that had ~20 deaths at the end (he'd just respawn right in the middle of the enemy team) and never communicated with us. Part-way through a teammate points out that it isn't just Leoric that sucks, but also our Malfurion that specced into all Moonfire/damage-skills (including Twilight Dream) despite being our only Support.

We started off doing really well but it descended into hell around level 16. Was pretty fun regardless, but man, what an awful team.

I've played with and against Leorics that treat him like a Murky and just yolo spawn into forts and full teams. Usually top hero damage, siege damage, damaged tanked and experience contributed but they never help with objectives, never teamfight and just feed, feed and feed.

Maledict

I just want official confirmation that Medic is next. Sure, Medic before Artanis and that seems to indicate next...but gimme a new video breh. C'mon.

I wanna Medivac Yoshichan to America to avoid the disconnect bug and drink milkshakes.

Dustin Browder tweeted that she was the next hero.

kirblar

I've played with and against Leorics that treat him like a Murky and just yolo spawn into forts and full teams. Usually top hero damage, siege damage, damaged tanked and experience contributed but they never help with objectives, never teamfight and just feed, feed and feed.
That worked for about 2-3 weeks till they fixed it.

Alur

Dustin Browder tweeted that she was the next hero.

Browder tweeted she was before Artanis but that's it.

The implication was next now that we know LotV release date and have a rough timeline that they'd theoretically follow due to the 3/4 weeks hero release thing, but he didn't explicitly say that.

In theory the date is the 29th so I'm just impatient to see some more video.

Yoshichan

21 more hours until the tournament goes live and we get the portrait

Yoshichan

what the heck did they do to the facebook portrait :lol?

il7rBEl.jpg

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
So I bought Li Li and, as soon as I had the gold, Johanna, who is great. Damn this game is so much fun. And I used to hate Mobas with a passion.

-.-

Alavard

21 more hours until the tournament goes live and we get the portrait

"After watching the Americas or other regional championship events, the portrait will be awarded to qualifying players starting in October, when it will appear in your in-game portrait collection."

We don't actually get the portrait until sometime in October.

kirblar

There is 0% chance they caught every bug with him, that list was ridiculous.

I doubt we'll see him even if they're all fixed though- he's such a liability right now.

Ketch

Thanks.

I'm hoping for another TS C9 finals where the newest hero gets wrung through the meta meat grinder like Leoric did that one time.

I think he could see play.

Ketch

on the episode where they talked about him:

zoia said he was terrible

dunktrain (c9) said he was maybe okay but being dependant on the AI is a problem

BKB (virtus pro) said that he was good and was winning in scrims

Cooby abstained since he was so totally wrong on leoric

I wasn't on the show that week (busy with school stuff), but I'd have to side with dunktrain because he's 100% crazy.

brian!

they tunneled aba/jaina/zera so hard

i like bw pick to take it away from mvp, but they were like nah son it was always tychus

brian!

snake's laning is so nice but they keep fighting booty fights

punisher prtty worthless unless you can make them stick around like dum dums
dam the monk healing is so real this game

brian!

it's also snake keeps setting them up in these great choke points or flanking
but then monk is like nah this is where I thrive dawg where have you been

i was really iffy on the solo arthas pick but it's doing so much work
love these comps
snake's rotations are tremendous

Proven

Glad to see I'm not the only one watching OGN

That game made me respect the new map a bit more. Basically, it feels like a map that asks for a more extreme approach. One of the things we wanted from this game was to have map diversity lead to hero diversity. There wasn't as much diversity in the matchup as I would have liked, but MVP Black did focus on a strategy that let them jump into a shrine and kill a bunch of dudes for the objective, while Snake prepared to receive Punishers while split pushing to stay with XP. The map still feels terrible for a solo queue experience but it might lead to decent showings in a tournament setting. The coordination and discipline needed is just too high.

That said, it feels like Oreoman's worst character is Zeratul. The Abathur clone didn't help much either. Oreoman's play is what excited me for the OGN when I first sat through a whole broadcast last month (well, that, and the fact that his name includes Oreo), so I'd like to see him back on his more bruiser type characters next match.

kirblar

tbh I didn't really see sonya do much (besides push back the backline) I don't like her without uther or bw
If you're going for this heavy melee comp you need someone like her or Butcher for pure DPS.

Loved the Sanc pickup- I think that's why they weren't cloning Jaina.

brian!

yeah I wish they brought up the stats, it didn't look like she was doing much dmg at all and just getting blocked hard by arthas
ogn seems leaps and bounds above na scene, but I can't wait to be proven wrong this weekend

love the "Today's Battleground" header

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom