• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ketch

you gotta carry the 1 and take the derivative

facepalm.gif

just played the first game in a long time where I had to mute someone, and we fucking won.

I played with my first silenced player, orange cartoon speech bubble by their heroes icon in the scoreboard. It was the spam-ping-tastic experience I imagined.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Hahahahha judgement set

Blizzard know exactly what they're doing

BOUGHT!

edit: I can't seem to buy the mount without the Uther skin...? I already have the medic skin and I'm happy with only that.

Moff

What does it say that after like 8 years the sets they still care about most were the T2s...Though I wouldn't mind a t6 set for Johanna...dat shield.

It's by far the most beautiful set they ever did. and I say that as horde who hated it when we got those pieces back then.
I just wish I liked uther, would buy that set instantly. but my favourite support by far is monk.

Alur

edit: I can't seem to buy the mount without the Uther skin...? I already have the medic skin and I'm happy with only that.

Same thing as with the Butcher's Beast and Flying Carpet and Lunar Tiger.

It's bundled for now. Odds are after a couple weeks they'll take it out. Then they'll bring it back individually.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Same thing as with the Butcher's Beast and Flying Carpet and Lunar Tiger.

It's bundled for now. Odds are after a couple weeks they'll take it out. Then they'll bring it back individually.
But it'd basically be the same price as the bundle when it gets released individually right?

Yoshichan

I've been getting a lot of value out of Easy Prey and Bird of Prey with Rexxar. Those skills not only make it easy for Rexxar to take merc camps quickly, solo bosses and melt creep waves, they also make him ridiculously effective on pretty much every map that has some giant neutral to attack or defend against.

That must've been Milly79 on a smurf.

World first HotS mute.

Yoshichan

When is the silence patch (and duo Hero league) being implemented?

kirblar

There's some REALLY good writeups of the Korean commentary/meta over on Reddit, and Sonya is apparently a pretty huge counter to Leoric because he can't deal with her one on one.

Yoshichan

Okay the skin and mount is fucking awesome - the only downside being that medic uther is already ridiculous

-Digits-

I'm back baby, and just in time for the Judgment Uther skin to be released!
I've been without my computer for about a month but we're reunited and I'm ready for action.

Yoshichan

Also, what the living fuck is going on with EU all of a sudden? Disconnected from battle.net spam

Edit: yeah. EU seems complete done when trying to play a game. Fucking abysmal.

I can't stop playing Rexxar, this is Kael'thas all over again. I will continue to play this hero, sometimes to my detriment. Since they're probably never going to add a control group to Rexxar and Misha, I think a good quality of life improvment for Rexxar would be some sort of line-of-sight target ability for Misha with a cast range. Take the soft target lock Rexxar's right click already provides but make it something the player can actively do. Focus Misha on a specific target but allow Rexxar a little independent movement, the ability to back a bit or change who you're right clicking without cancelling Misha's focus. It could be cancelled by Rexxar's trait. That's sort of already in the game but it's weird because it's dictated by Misha's A.I., which is kinda funky.

Ketch

I can't stop playing Rexxar, this is Kael'thas all over again. I will continue to play this hero, sometimes to my detriment. Since they're probably never going to add a control group to Rexxar and Misha, I think a good quality of life improvment for Rexxar would be some sort of line-of-sight target ability for Misha with a cast range. Take the soft target lock Rexxar's right click already provides but make it something the player can actively do. Focus Misha on a specific target but allow Rexxar a little independent movement, the ability to back a bit or change who you're right clicking without cancelling Misha's focus. It could be cancelled by Rexxar's trait. That's sort of already in the game but it's weird because it's dictated by Misha's A.I., which is kinda funky.

Yea I agree. If they want misha and Rexar to be able to attack separate targets it should be easier instead of this buggy work around. If not then fix it. But what I think they should add no matter what is the ability to sic misha on someone without have to right click them or use an ability in them. Just let me push d and then click a target.

Yea I agree. If they want misha and Rexar to be able to attack separate targets it should be easier instead of this buggy work around. If not then fix it. But what I think they should add no matter what is the ability to sic misha on someone without have to right click them or use an ability in them. Just let me push d and then click a target.

They could just add an ability to the 1 key. Siccem. And it could be cancelled by the trait, which would continue to function as is. The cast radius doesn't even have to be huge, maybe tied to Rexxar's auto attack range, then if you take the throwing axes talent, it would also expand the cast range of Siccem as well as Rexxar's right click. He doesn't have that many selectable talents, I think it's just Flare, Feign Death and Hardened Shields, so it wouldn't take up a lot of space.

No idea how he's doing it, but I found a gif:

http://gfycat.com/EuphoricKnobbyAustraliankestrel

That's nuts. The only remotely cool bug to happen to me lately is walking on top of my mount. Two bears woulda been way better.

Queuing for a match should have a ready-up once a match is found. Too many people just alt-tab out after hitting queue. The .exe forces itself to be fullscreen once the match has been found but it does when the game starts loading, which is why most people alt-tab out in the first place. The fullscreen force should be when the match loads, at the very least the .exe needs to flash in the task bar. If they're not going to add a pre-match lobby while you wait for the loaders they need to implement these things.

Given the shorter duration of matches in Heroes of the Storm, the auto-kick needs to be way more aggressive at round start. Five minutes is too long for a bot to kick in, the match is potentially decided already. If someone isn't earning any experience two minutes into a match, they should get booted. If they don't reconnect at the fifth minute, the game should be safe to leave. If Blizzard is intent on forcing people to play with bots, there should be a gold or exp reward to counter the inevitable shitshow of a match you'll be forced to endure. Give me something for sticking it out or don't punish me for leaving. This game needs an abandon system.

Just played a match where our Rehgar was AFK for the first 3 minutes of a match. Our Uther either abandoned or had connection issues shortly after Rehgar started playing, whichever it was they did not reconnect. On top of that our Johanna basically stood around in lanes and did nothing. Just stood around, near creeps getting exp. This does not happen often but when it does it's like the only recourse is to report the shit who is trying to circumvent the AFK system and sit through the match and hope the other team throws so hard you can maybe come back with a bot. I had that happen once, in the Alpha.

I was playing with a group but it disbanded and I kept playing. Mistakes were made.

Ketch

They could just add an ability to the 1 key. Siccem. And it could be cancelled by the trait, which would continue to function as is. The cast radius doesn't even have to be huge, maybe tied to Rexxar's auto attack range, then if you take the throwing axes talent, it would also expand the cast range of Siccem as well as Rexxar's right click. He doesn't have that many selectable talents, I think it's just Flare, Feign Death and Hardened Shields, so it wouldn't take up a lot of space.

Yea I guess, but that seems overly complicated, and would probably just confuse things even more. The trait is already called "Misha, Attack!", not "Misha, wait for me to attack someone and then go get em". It can work exactly how it works now with the added function of making it targettable. Push D, click on an enemy and misha attacks them, and then everything else is the same. ie. if you right click on someone she changes target just like she does now.

The trait as it is now is just super counter-intuitive. I've played him a ton and there's still moments where the bear doesn't attack when I think she should. You right click someone and you both run up to the fight and it looks like she's going in but she's actually still on follow and it doesn't do what you think it's going to do. There's just too many instances where it doesn't do what you think it's going to do and it takes too long to figure out what's going on. and it's because it's a toggle.

playing rexar is like... have you ever had a hallway with a light switch at both ends... and you're like trying to turn the lights on but it's not working, and you're not sure if the switch is on or off, or maybe the lightbulb is just dead... and you just have this moment where your brain feels like it's trying to solve a riddle. That's what playing rexxar feels like the whole time.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
You can move the extra abilities around as you please (like from 1 to 4, put them on what number you prefer)? o_O

Indignate

I was playing with a group but it disbanded and I kept playing. Mistakes were made.

Yo juice, come play with me and my crew. We're a no toxic fun loving bunch and I need more people who can run Dota tactics.

One of my friends almost exclusively plays Hammer; that's how much we don't give a fuck.

Maledict

I think a lot of peoples concern is that Leoric is more tanky than the other bruisers by quite a bit if his skill shot lands.

Johanna's wave clear absolutely needs flat out removing though. It's dumb how strong it is, and for a level 1 talent an absolute no brainer.

Even Chu has been streaming a bit of SEL and afterwards he grouped with McIntyre in HL.

Would be interesting to hear what Blizzard thinks of it.

I think a lot of peoples concern is that Leoric is more tanky than the other bruisers by quite a bit if his skill shot lands.

Johanna's wave clear absolutely needs flat out removing though. It's dumb how strong it is, and for a level 1 talent an absolute no brainer.

I think Leoric would be fine if they upped his mana costs. I've died plenty as Jo simply because I was oom and couldn't pop my trait but I've never ran out of mana with Leoric. Also his wraith abilities should cost mana. Reduced respawn, CC, and vision while dead should have some drawback. Alternatively they could reduce his movement speed while dead.

It's also funny how Knight takes pawn is a no brainer now, when it was an unpopular talent before people figured Jo out.

Indignate

Played nothing but Butcher tonight; really fun. Hamstring is on such a low cooldown that nobody can ever really get away from you.

Did not run into a single support in the 8 games we played. Two tanks per team almost every game.

Yoshichan

You guys had a drunk mumble session... without me? :(

Alavard

Yeah, I'd love to be able to justify taking Regen Master more often as Johanna, as it can be paired so well with Amplified Healing. But that waveclear is so hard to give up as it stands.

Side note - if they do end up removing Tassadar counting as a support in QM for Matchmaking, I will be playing him a heck of a lot more.

Alur

Even Chu has been streaming a bit of SEL and afterwards he grouped with McIntyre in HL.

Watching them razzing Chu8 after he dominated that Sky Temple with Raynor was good TV. He has the leg up on most there with that because he's been using Raynor for quite some time.

Sorry to Alur and Proto for being so drunk. :(

I had a giggle m8, don't think that 5th guy did though lol

You guys had a drunk mumble session... without me? :(

It was mostly just Milly bming and saying random things and me and proto shaking our heads helplessly. Everyone else was stone cold sober.

I don't know that you and Milly could co-exist in real attempting-to-win games, but definitely not with alcohol involved lol. I imagine it'd look something like this:

hwmyMpK.gif

Milly79

It was mostly just Milly bming and saying random things and me and proto shaking our heads helplessly. Everyone else was stone cold sober.

I don't know that you and Milly could co-exist in real attempting-to-win games, but definitely not with alcohol involved lol. I imagine it'd look something like this:

hwmyMpK.gif

Lol, I know I died so many fucking times. Then Proto wanted me to pick Illidan and we got absolutely wrecked.

Then I was shit talking that 5th, and then we go into TS... lol. I'm surprised he didn't say anything.

Yoshi and I would get along just fine.

protonium

Sorry to Alur and Proto for being so drunk. :(

Meh, at least you did us the courtesy of warning us beforehand. It was a terrible first impression though lol.

It didn't help that we were outdrafted - something we know we need to improve on and Alur's pimpin' doc might help us with - and the other team seemed to have a plan. The wombos were real too. I maintain that we (I?) need to learn2Aba&Zera.

Wang's chill as fuck. We played a few more games after that TL fiasco and he was unphased.

¯_(ツ)_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom