• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Here we go: https://youtu.be/66MMCHYF5Fg

I forgot I had it to record 720p because my computer can't encode/write better than that, so I didn't change the game resolution, but it caught the important bits.

Note: They were actually a level ahead of us.

It does. That's how I record my stuff.
I actually selected it to record the window for this thread because I wasn't paying attention and it starts with Heroes of the Storm, lol.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
he's part of the top team in NA and thinks about the game a lot, he also has coined several classik hots phrases like calling giants fat bois

reminder: take tier lists w/ a grain of salt and also the builds listed on em

hes streaming right now if u want to check him out, he's probably my fav hots streamer: http://www.twitch.tv/gosuzuna

Thanks for the tip, watching him now. I kinda wanna play some games but I'm also tired after working all day and kinda wanna unwind by watching someone else play lol.

Dice

There were giants on bot but we were spawning soon, which is probably another reason they left.

Celegus

This game is surprisingly fun. I only played a smidge of Dota but it was way too complex for my taste. This feels more like a TF2 version, I love all the changes like team exp and no shops/items. Only level 6 so far and still don't know what I'm doing super well, but having a good time! Leave it to Blizz to make me end up liking card games and mobas...

Edit: Do heroes get cheaper as time goes on? Would love to get waifu Johanna but 15k!

Duress

So how do you guys go about picking skills? Do you take in team composition and match ups, or do you just have a standard set up? It seems like a few amount of skills don't seem that useful for particular characters.

brian!

yeah taking team comps into consideration and choosing accordingly is pretty important.

you can use this as a loose guide but dont blindly follow it: http://heroesofthestorm.github.io/zuna-tierlist

the process for me is usually: identify booty talents and discard, think about what works well together, think about what makes sense w/ the team and against the other team, pick da talent

nbraun80

yeah going against two healers is 0 fun.
8Akny9J.jpg

Dice

Healers or not, you have ETC to stun and disrupt/knock around/tank, Tyrande to stun and vulnerable, Zeratul to burst from stealth, Sylvanas to support burst/AoE, and Tychus to sustain DPS (AoE DPS half the time). You must have been uncoordinated to not burst them down one by one.

zoukka

Healers or not, you have ETC to stun and disrupt/knock around/tank, Tyrande to stun and vulnerable, Zeratul to burst from stealth, Sylvanas to support burst/AoE, and Tychus to sustain DPS (AoE DPS half the time). You must have been uncoordinated to not burst them down one by one.

In reality they were fucked though. And of course teams are uncoordinated in qm.

This game is surprisingly fun. I only played a smidge of Dota but it was way too complex for my taste. This feels more like a TF2 version, I love all the changes like team exp and no shops/items. Only level 6 so far and still don't know what I'm doing super well, but having a good time! Leave it to Blizz to make me end up liking card games and mobas...

Edit: Do heroes get cheaper as time goes on? Would love to get waifu Johanna but 15k!

She should drop to 10k in a couple weeks.

The1Ski

Wow it's great being able to play with Gaffers! No way I could keep playing with Rando Calrissians (randoms).

Even just one or two folks from around here makes a huge difference!

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Man, what a terrible night I had. Won the first game handily, then got pummeled the next two games I played. I don't like going to bed feeling like this. Should have played Witcher 3 instead.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Too many know it alls mouthing off tonight and they don't know how to play. Kinda fun to poke and prod them, at least.

First time trying out ETC I really liked him. He might full of shit with his "cool metal references" but he still got to me with megadeth... <3 megadeth <3

Anyhow, I was doing this build, http://www.heroesfire.com/hots/guide/e-t-c-sliding-tauren-kael-patch-4028

Any thoughts from the more experienced ETC players? Or suggestions on how to be good with him?

I'm so glad I found a melee character that I don't utterly suck with. So far anything but muradin (which I can barely manage) have been just terrible for me.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Completely forgot about ETC! Guess I should put him in my "to-play-list".

First time trying out ETC I really liked him. He might full of shit with his "cool metal references" but he still got to me with megadeth... <3 megadeth <3

Anyhow, I was doing this build, http://www.heroesfire.com/hots/guide/e-t-c-sliding-tauren-kael-patch-4028

Any thoughts from the more experienced ETC players? Or suggestions on how to be good with him?

I'm so glad I found a melee character that I don't utterly suck with. So far anything but muradin (which I can barely manage) have been just terrible for me.

I am planning to try out ETC tonight I think. Seems like the kinda character I would like as far as Warriors go. I have actually done really goddamn well with Diablo as well, even though I don't like his playstyle too much.

Planning to also try and get Tychus to lvl 5 over the weekend. Not much farther to go but goddamn I hate him so far. Probably my least favorite character I have tried.

I would put a clip of it on youtube but it seems that HotS doesn't allow OBS to record it? It's only recording the sound...

nm I'll put a clip of it up shortly.

If you or others ever want a clip recorded, shoot me a PM and a link to the replay file and I can copy it easily. Just let me know what timestamp you specifically want made into a clip.

brian!

Welcome to the club :p

:(

Aiyai i didnt mean it in a bad way
kinda like a 17 turning 18 thing

There arent too many awful builds with him, ppl have been building towards the qr combo since they gimped his split pushing a lot.

Oh but looking at that guide id def reccomend always taking bolt, cant think of a situation where that isnt always the best, guitar hero is also less effective after the change

Twookie

Weekly Sale Items for June 9 &#8211; 16, 2015

Tyrande -- Sale Price: 3.19 GBP, 4.19 EUR/USD
Gazlowe -- Sale Price: 2.49 GBP, 3.19 EUR/USD

Warden Tyrande Skin -- Sale Price: 2.70 GBP, 3.69 EUR/USD
Big Top Gazlowe Skin -- Sale Price: 3.69 GBP, 4.99 EUR/USD
Shan&#8217;do Illidan Skin -- Sale Price: 3.69 GBP, 4.99 EUR/USD

Magic Carpet Mount -- Sale Price: 3.69 GBP, 4.99 EUR/USD

Xater

Weekly Sale Items for June 9 – 16, 2015

Shan’do Illidan Skin -- Sale Price: 3.69 GBP, 4.99 EUR/USD

Meh, might spring for Uther once he goes on sale though. I think I am keeping my Gold now to get the master skins for the heroes I like the most.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Alavard

I'm at work at the moment and so I obviously can't check the game client right now - does anyone know off hand or can check if the Shan'do Illidan skin has a modified voice? That was one of my favorite things about the Betrayer Malfurion skin.

Twookie

I'm at work at the moment and so I obviously can't check the game client right now - does anyone know off hand or can check if the Shan'do Illidan skin has a modified voice? That was one of my favorite things about the Betrayer Malfurion skin.

Nope, it doesn't feature a modified voice, nor any modified spell effects or anything.

Here we go: https://youtu.be/66MMCHYF5Fg

I forgot I had it to record 720p because my computer can't encode/write better than that, so I didn't change the game resolution, but it caught the important bits.

Note: They were actually a level ahead of us.

I actually selected it to record the window for this thread because I wasn't paying attention and it starts with Heroes of the Storm, lol.

HAHA ONE MAN ARMY TASS. LOL that was funny though, they all ran. Was like a damn hero movie
-----
off post topic:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-06-05-heroes-of-the-storm-review

There are games you don't have time for, and games you make time for. Then there's the kind of game Blizzard makes, which becomes a routine. Millions of World of Warcraft players, past and present, could speak for hours of their travels in Azeroth. Starcraft players act like it's a religion. Hearthstone's disarming charm hides a monster that Daily Quests you into coy submission and devours half-hour chunks over and again.

Add Heroes of the Storm to the list. Since gaining beta access around six months ago, Heroes of the Storm has become a part of my day. At lunchtime I play a few matches with a chum, at night I find time for more, and in-between I keep an eye on the subreddit and forums and YouTube. A lot of games feel brilliant for a week or two, and then afterwards you'll never touch them again. I can't stop playing Heroes of the Storm.

Toward the end ...

The effect of packing so much into such a short timespan is that Heroes of the Storm has no filler. There comes a point when you have to hold your hands up and just admit Blizzard's designers understand how to layer simple interactions in order to create a complex and rewarding structure. The company's games contain some industry equivalent of monosodium glutamate, intricate systems built from countless reward loops that fill your brain with moreish chemical joy.

Put like that it almost sounds sinister, like this was made by a committee of scientists in lab conditions. Really it's been made by people who understand the joy of play and, much more crucially, that it's not just about the numbers. In the end it doesn't matter that Heroes of the Storm has 37 heroes, and the competition has hundreds. It doesn't matter that it has more maps, or no items, or shorter games. It doesn't even matter how many players it has. All that matters is it's more fun

A good read. :) Thought i share. They rated this Essential! ^_^

Zafir

Nice, been waiting for Warden Tyrande to go on sale. Probably grab the magic carpet too, because, who doesn't want a magic carpet?

Alavard

Nope, it doesn't feature a modified voice, nor any modified spell effects or anything.

Damn. Ah, well, it kind of makes sense. All they did for the Betrayer skin was to deepen it. It's not like there's something as simple they could do for this one. Thanks for the heads up.

"This game is too expensive" -my wallet.

Edit: watching the stream.. Don't you just hate when you try to scroll the screen instinctively with your mouse and for a second wonder why it doesn't move where you want it to :/

I want a stream where I can go where ever and follow who ever I want, and have a commentator as well, perhaps commenting what ever he sees important, you could kind of follow two things at the same time..

Ambient80

LiLi is love, LiLi is life.

Seriously tho I love this character. Great entry character for someone like me who is new to the game. I love healing now and could see her being one of my main characters. Also took a liking to Raynor after buying the Starter Pack. Not as thrilled with...ah what's his name, SC character with giant machine gun, his name escapes me atm. Malfurion was also interesting but I've only played like one match with him so I haven't even unlocked his more advanced talents, so he's a wait and see.

Last night someone got pissy because they were trying to fight three players and I couldn't keep them alive. He started bitching at me in chat and when no one took his side he just started trying to feed the other team. We still won tho lol. People can really be cockwads in these games, huh?

fucking knew the Warden skin would go on sale soon. oh well, it's great, I recommend it.

Nice, been waiting for Warden Tyrande to go on sale. Probably grab the magic carpet too, because, who doesn't want a magic carpet?

i believe some people were even predicting it would go on sale before they release the Hearthstone floating card mount.

Chaos17

Last night someone got pissy because they were trying to fight three players and I couldn't keep them alive. He started bitching at me in chat and when no one took his side he just started trying to feed the other team. We still won tho lol. People can really be cockwads in these games, huh?
Yup, either you disable party chat because thise will happen again (people like to blame healers) or just blacklist that person and reoport him.
But I'm surprised that no one took your side, that's sad :(

Yoshichan

I want to read a yoshichan review, where it gets really dark near the end
I write novels and they always end in darkness!

A review though? For Heroes <,<? I think it's best to avoid that... for our own sakes!

Jinaar

Johanna - Level 8 - Tier 3 skin color is great.

I'm losing it in QMs though. I yell at team mates but then try to educate/be kind. I'm very much an abusive caregiver.

"What the *@!^# Falstad?!?! Why are you lane'ing? I *@&!@ hate you!"

*1 minute later*

"Ok, Fal. When I ping the map, you can see that there is a group of opponents rushing our bottom lane towers. We really could use your help, because of your great burst dmg."

*Fal comes and we finally murder team*

"Thanks everyone for working together!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom