• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xater

I want a stream where I can go where ever and follow who ever I want, and have a commentator as well, perhaps commenting what ever he sees important, you could kind of follow two things at the same time..

DOTA2 has that as a spectator feature. If you watch using the client you can hear the commentary and either follow the commentators camera or do your own thing. Hope Blizzard will get there as well, I think that is awesome.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I just removed a bunch of people from my friends list (sorry if you were "chosen"! Everyone who sent a friend request previously can re-send one! It'll guaranteed work now.

brian!

Ricardio_The_Heart_Guy.jpg

Decided to finally get around to playing this game since Diablo is in the rotation. He feels so pubstompy at low levels, lol. It's amazing how easy it is to stun lock people in towers at the newb levels.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Character specific dailies? I've never had those... only game-specific ones (Diablo, Warcraft, Starcraft).

Palmer_v1

Played a handful of vs AI games. Still feel a bit lost and the overall strategy. I was trying Diablo, for example, and couldn't figure out what to do at the beginning. I'm slow killing mobs, and most enemies seem to be able to kite me before I can kill them. Until I get a few levels, I just feel like a waste.

Clearos

I hate Pugs/I am awesome rant:

Pug Diablo, never left lane or went roaming and got 1 v 5'd. Barely any structure dmg/hero dmg/exp. We talked to him nicely in chat asking to help in fights or help gather seeds at night. Says nothing/ Pings nothing.

We squeak out a win and right before chat closes we see.
[Diablo]: You are welcome.

I was excited but I'm pretty sure the diablo won.

Alavard

Played a handful of vs AI games. Still feel a bit lost and the overall strategy. I was trying Diablo, for example, and couldn't figure out what to do at the beginning. I'm slow killing mobs, and most enemies seem to be able to kite me before I can kill them. Until I get a few levels, I just feel like a waste.

Try switching over to an Assassin for a while. A warrior's job is more complex, since they're usually initiators rather than straight-up damage dealers.

I really wish i could micro manage 3 heros at once. Just hitting tab to switch between the 3.

-Jiana
-Kael
-Sylvanas

O RLY WHY 2 ASS 1 SPEC? because, they'll be dead in an instant.

gyYQME9.gif

YOU ALREADY KNOW

Yoshichan

I think I'm done with the game for awhile. I'm too tilted all the time. It's like, not even breaks can get me out of the anger-loop. I play one game and I start getting insanely frustrated.

I honestly do think that the game is trash in many ways; I'm only playing it because some of you guys are fun to play with. And at that point, I've got to reconsider what I'm doing with my life from an entertainment perspective.

I hate Pugs/I am awesome rant:

Pug Diablo, never left lane or went roaming and got 1 v 5'd. Barely any structure dmg/hero dmg/exp. We talked to him nicely in chat asking to help in fights or help gather seeds at night. Says nothing/ Pings nothing.

We squeak out a win and right before chat closes we see.
[Diablo]: You are welcome.

I was excited but I'm pretty sure the diablo won.

Had an Illidan trying to solo lane the entire time during a Blackheart's Bay match. We politily asked him to join in on some team fights or roam. He seemed puzzled by the suggestion, like we just asked Abathur to lead team fights.

Ambient80

Yup, either you disable party chat because thise will happen again (people like to blame healers) or just blacklist that person and reoport him.
But I'm surprised that no one took your side, that's sad :(

Oh I think you misunderstood, no one took the douchebags side. Everyone backed me up cause I had been healing quite a bit the entire game and doing pretty well (at least I thought so, hah!).

But yeah, def gonna start disabling party chat if it happens. No one seems to communicate much anyway at my current level of play, so no real benefit to it and just seems to cause headaches when someone starts being crabby.

Edit: I do have a question tho. So during matches I see things like "Person wants help in taking down blah!" or whatever. Course when I see that I'll mount up and head to them and help out. How do you do that, though? Just seems like a handy tool to have if I'm ever alone or need help for some reason.

Oh I think you misunderstood, no one took the douchebags side. Everyone backed me up cause I had been healing quite a bit the entire game and doing pretty well (at least I thought so, hah!).

But yeah, def gonna start disabling party chat if it happens. No one seems to communicate much anyway at my current level of play, so no real benefit to it and just seems to cause headaches when someone starts being crabby.

Edit: I do have a question tho. So during matches I see things like "Person wants help in taking down blah!" or whatever. Course when I see that I'll mount up and head to them and help out. How do you do that, though? Just seems like a handy tool to have if I'm ever alone or need help for some reason.

Ping your intended target (merc camp, boss, etc) and then that message will pop up.

Is the Hearthstone card mount described here just a launch week reward, or will it continue to be available later?

If so, looks like I'll be grinding in Hearthstone this weekend. I suck as hard in that game (still only ~65 wins in ~1 month of real playtime) as in HOTS, and I'm casual enough that the only reason I'm at 65 wins in Hearthstone is that I just discovered that the seasons' card backs a) existed, and b) are timed exclusives. I was in the beta for it, but had still only played a few times before the last month. But I'm not so casual as to not be suckered in to wanting the cool mount.

Is the Hearthstone card mount described here just a launch week reward, or will it continue to be available later?

If so, looks like I'll be grinding in Hearthstone this weekend. I suck as hard in that game (still only ~65 wins in ~1 month of real playtime) as in HOTS, and I'm casual enough that the only reason I'm at 65 wins in Hearthstone is that I just discovered that the seasons' card backs a) existed, and b) are timed out exclusives. I was in the beta for it, but had still only played a few times before the last month. But I'm not so casual as to not be suckered in to wanting the cool mount.
Pretty sure it will continue to be available, so whenever you get 100 wins you'll get it.

TxdoHawk

Warriors generally assist with crowd control. You deal less damage because you have abilities that can heavily manipulate fights.

A typical Diablo move is to dash in with Q on an enemy hero and then use the throw to put that enemy hero in a place they'd rather not be. Sometimes this means taking an enemy hero out of a fight your team is losing, but more often than not it means grabbing someone and putting them where the rest of your team can gangbang them for an easy kill.

Ideally you want to be in a lane with an assassin that can take advantage of the situations you set up. Sometimes that will necessitate lane switches. And eventually of course, you help in team fights.

Had an Illidan trying to solo lane the entire time during a Blackheart's Bay match. We politily asked him to join in on some team fights or roam. He seemed puzzled by the suggestion, like we just asked Abathur to lead team fights.

I've seen an arburthur go into a lane and slap minions. This is not a joke.

We lost horribly.

DOTA2 has that as a spectator feature. If you watch using the client you can hear the commentary and either follow the commentators camera or do your own thing. Hope Blizzard will get there as well, I think that is awesome.

Sweet! Two monitor FTW! Hopefully this is reality pretty soon for HOTS as well.

I think I'm done with the game for awhile. I'm too tilted all the time. It's like, not even breaks can get me out of the anger-loop. I play one game and I start getting insanely frustrated.

I honestly do think that the game is trash in many ways; I'm only playing it because some of you guys are fun to play with. And at that point, I've got to reconsider what I'm doing with my life from an entertainment perspective.

Oh, man sounds bad. It's really nice to play with you, but no game is worth ruining how you enjoy your real life. Hopefully you will find some balance to the adrenaline rollercoaster <3

25% XP Bonus: June 2 &#8211; 9
50% XP Bonus: June 9 &#8211; 16
100% XP Bonus: June 16 &#8211; 24
http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/19529833

wooot! o.0 I wasn't aware that the bonuses grow, damn, my holiday travels really are in overlapped with these :)

Pooya

we get double xp in two weeks? nice... finally gonna bring everyone I have to lvl 20. I have no idea how many games it takes to go from 10 to 20.

Donuts

Well shit, I bought Tyrael for 5 bucks just because I wanted that billie the kid mount. I already had wonder billie and it's better :( Curse my want for collectibles!

Alavard

Wow, all that bonus XP.

Damn, I was going to take a mild break from HotS due to the new Europa Universalis IV expansion dropping next week. Now I need to rethink that.

Pooya

If I've been maining Valla (Thanks RoS!), who's next?

Tychus seemed rad, or maybe Nova?

so you want someone similar or different?

if similar, I think you will like Sylvanas. She can dps as good or better than an assassin but can do more than that too. She's not as easy to play as the game suggest, you have little health, little room for errors but if you do pick up the right skills you can bring the health bars down amazingly fast. Of course she's good at getting mercs or siege in general.

if different but still assassin, you want something immobile? yeah Tychus is ok. I'm not going to encourage anyone to play Nova, we don't need any more of that in mm...

Alur

If I've been maining Valla (Thanks RoS!), who's next?

Tychus seemed rad, or maybe Nova?

Sylvanas is probably the closest to Valla in regards to style and how hard she is to play. She has a single target ability, AOE ability, and escape just like Valla's kit. They work differently, of course, but it's similar enough for you to step into reliably if you've been playing a lot of Valla probably. Tychus isn't exactly similar (his range is shorter even though he is a ranged assassin) but he's not too difficult either.

The next step after that for ranged assassins would probably be Falstad (high auto attack damage and global mobility), Jaina (high burst damage with her combo, slows enemies, little mobility til 13) and Kael'thas (high aoe burst damage post level 16, great ability to zone in team fights/objectives, no mobility).

Nova is single target ranged damage with stealth (minus her Precision Strike ult) but she's simply a killing machine. You can't lane, you can't grab mercs. You just roam and kill and hope you don't position yourself badly to A) kill people before they run or B) get killed before you can run. If Valla is your first hero in the game and you don't have moba experience, I'd try a couple more ranged before Nova. If you've played other mobas or PVP type stuff before then she might be for you, though.

Chaos17

Glad to know that people backed you up.
To ping it : Alt+right click (or left ?) on your target. You can also summon a quick menu for pinging when you click on the mini map in the same way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom