• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kssio_Aug

Is Falstad considered overpowered or something? That's the character I've identified the most, and I kind of fear a considerable nerf, since I do pretty well with him! He dies pretty fast, so I need to be well positionated and be always with the team, but I really like his moveset.

I kind liked Azmodan aswell, he is pretty good to destroy the enemie fortress but I find him too slow, and the lack of a dash skill makes things really dangerous sometimes.

Milly79

I think I'm done with the game for awhile. I'm too tilted all the time. It's like, not even breaks can get me out of the anger-loop. I play one game and I start getting insanely frustrated.

I honestly do think that the game is trash in many ways; I'm only playing it because some of you guys are fun to play with. And at that point, I've got to reconsider what I'm doing with my life from an entertainment perspective.

How do you spend a full month singing a game's praises and playing 16 hour days to suddenly decide it's trash though?

Kssio_Aug

I think I'm done with the game for awhile. I'm too tilted all the time. It's like, not even breaks can get me out of the anger-loop. I play one game and I start getting insanely frustrated.

I honestly do think that the game is trash in many ways; I'm only playing it because some of you guys are fun to play with. And at that point, I've got to reconsider what I'm doing with my life from an entertainment perspective.

What the...

Honestly, I read your comments by a while now (specially during DIII RoS thread and this one here), and I could totally respect your opinion... but I guess the main reason for such stress/anger, is because you just play way too much. No one, imho, can stand that much of a playtime without getting stressed or tired.

Don't get me wrong, I love playing and sometimes I'd like more free time to play more aswell. But your routine feels to me like too much gaming, too little rest (and that's coming from someone who already plays too much by many other people eyes).

Zafir

I feel like you should consider rethinking your levelling heroes to 10 before moving on goal Yoshi. I think that just ends up aggravating you more on certain matters since you're constantly seeing the same annoying counters to what ever you're playing. In your current case playing Jaina, Illidan/Kerrigan/Zeratul/Nova and so on jumping you.

If you swap around, then those counters stop being as annoying, as you'll have different counters.

Alavard

Is Falstad considered overpowered or something? That's the character I've identified the most, and I kind of fear a considerable nerf, since I do pretty well with him! He dies pretty fast, so I need to be well positionated and be always with the team, but I really like his moveset.

I kind liked Azmodan aswell, he is pretty good to destroy the enemie fortress but I find him too slow, and the lack of a dash skill makes things really dangerous sometimes.

I would be very surprised to see Falstad get a big nerf in the near future. He's a solid hero that gets picked a lot in competitive play, but he's never really gotten major popular attention by the community. Like, you just don't see people complaining about him being OP like Illidan constantly has, or Sylvanas got after her release, or Kael after his release, or even Valla occasionally gets.

He sits at a comfortable middle ranking for win-rate on hotslogs. He also got a fairly major rework only a few months ago, so I would be very surprised to see more major changes come to him.

The most likely thing I could see happening would be if Blizzard finally gets around to removing all generic talents, he could get new talents that aren't that good (or he could get even better talents)

Just started playing. Prefer support. Suggestions?

Brightwing is amazing. Passive heal every few seconds so you don't have to worry about casting it. You just need to worry about positioning. You can polymorph and teleport across the map to any hero on your team (though it comes with a cooldown). 10k gold though. Malfurion is another solid (and cheaper) option.

Kssio_Aug

I would be very surprised to see Falstad get a big nerf in the near future. He's a solid hero that gets picked a lot in competitive play, but he's never really gotten major popular attention by the community. Like, you just don't see people complaining about him being OP like Illidan constantly has, or Sylvanas got after her release, or Kael after his release, or even Valla occasionally gets.

He sits at a comfortable middle ranking for win-rate on hotslogs. He also got a fairly major rework only a few months ago, so I would be very surprised to see more major changes come to him.

The most likely thing I could see happening would be if Blizzard finally gets around to removing all generic talents, he could get new talents that aren't that good (or he could get even better talents)

Allright, that makes me more releived! Thanks!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I certainly hope not. He's a real glass cannon.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
LiLi and Tassadar are free this week. You might find LiLi a bit too boring (makes Sona's gameplay look intricate and deep).

If you're willing to shell out some cash for heroes:

Malfurion is a good choice for a backline healer + followup-CC.
Tyrande is a good choice for aggressive team fighting supports. Healing is B-tier but damage and CC are A-tier by support standards.
Uther gets CC and the big heals, but doesn't do much damage.
Rehgar is heavy duty healing + some damage capabilities.
Brightwing works like Shen. She can TP to allies all across the map and is very mobile, but not great at burst healing.

Both the Nexus bundle ($40) and Starter bundle ($5) give you a good range of heroes to start out with, including Malfurion, Lili and Tassadar.

You can try out heroes from the shop in 1v1 against AI.

luffeN

I had this very same moment! I took a longer break and started to think about how I should approach this game. For me getting the heroes to level 10 as you do was enough to feel less frustrated when losing. Just set yourself some goals, don't forget them and it is fine. I had so many ups and downs but I think this is a sign that the game has something special and that you could play it forever. When I think back to CS it went the same. BEST GAME! WORST GAME! etc. etc. The difference to CS is that you just can hop onto a public, turn the music on and do some cool moves. It doesn't matter if you win the round or not. Maybe we can start to think like this for HOTS QM too. Pick a character you love and do some cool kills or objectives or whatever. Or set some ingame achievements such as kill 100 minions or take 20 camps etc. :D

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Support is great with intelligent teammates, hell for bad teammates.

Good team: You help them get things done that need to get done.
Bad team: You watch them ignore everything that needs to be done and are powerless to do it yourself.

Good team: Uses your healing as an edge to outpace the damage output in lane and get occasional kills to free up soak/push time.
Bad team: Uses your heals as a license to yolo and you can't keep up then you're a weak support alone in lane.

Good team: You give them the healing/mana they need to escape a team fight right on time and save the day.
Bad team: You give them the healing/mana they need to escape and they use it to overextend and get killed.

Good team: You take a little risk to inflict enemy with status and your team capitalized and you dominate.
Bad team: You take a little risk to inflict enemy with some kind of status and your team uses this as a chance to run away so you're left out to dry, and then they move back in only after you're killed, themselves getting killed because they didn't realize how much sustain your support added.

So my suggestion is find the smart ones and just help them.

Malfurion is a good choice for a backline healer + followup-CC.
Don't forget the mana-granting, which only he can do.

Li Li! Apparently very easy to get into and really good!

Double this recommendation. Few tips:

Spam Q till the button wears out when in fights.
When in fights, your dps is nothing but use blinding wind to prevent some damage.
When in fights, unless you speced for the dragon thing (whatever is assigned to w) the lost mana doesn't make up for the small bit of extra dps you can get.
LiLi's super heal is good for team fights but has to be cast early. You cant deal with burst dps characters (illidan, valla, nova) but can negate a lot of early damage.
If you go for the water dragon special, two use cases, 1 to help you get away, 2 use it when someone is low and running away. Not worth wasting it at the start of a fight

Pooya

If you didn't like Lili and wanted something with a bit of offensive options too, Rehgar is pretty great. I think he's the best actually but it's harder to play. Lili is boring to play, you just run around and mash Q in fights but she's very hard to kill...

Alur

The Blackheart's Bay Watchtower Oath:

The enemies gather, and now my fighting for the watch tower begins,
It shall not end until my death(s),
I shall take no advice, farm no lanes, tap no fountains,
I shall live and die at that tower,
I am the feeder in the darkness,
I am the feeder on Black Heart's Bay,
I am the exp that levels up my foes,
The flamer that brings the toxicity,
The one who yells at those AFK,
The defender that fights 1x5,
I pledge my short life to defend the Watch Tower,
For this match and all matches to come.

Too true. Cheers to all you valiant watchtower defenders. May your sacrifice give our team a moderate boost in vision for the next 5 seconds!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
lmao
laugh.gif

Pooya

yeah really why everyone charges to that tower first thing?!! everytime. Shouldn't go and camp for the lower chest because everyone is at the watch tower anyway!!

brian!

He's mainly good as a wombo character, i dont think you need to worry about him being nerfed

yeah really why everyone charges to that tower first thing?!! everytime. Shouldn't go and camp for the lower chest because everyone is at the watch tower anyway!!

they go there because its the only objective on the map you can take until minions come. i get bored waiting for them so i pop in there sometimes.

Alur

Since I'm on the reddit roll at the moment, this one is for you Double.

Sorry bae.

YOLO MURKY video.

"murky is like 4 v 5"
except where he allows your team the opportunity to delete nearly any specific enemy hero on a 50 second cooldown

Clearos

Tyrande is my choice as a go to healer. Not the best heals but the stuns and visibility she can give is great for preventative measures. Can easily switch to a pseudo-assassin if QM gives you two healers.

Li Li: Started with her when I was learning the game. Solid healing but just not my play style. Her blind is good against Illidan and other auto attack assassians

Rehgar: Chain heal is amazing in team fights and using your ult to bring someone back up to max health is great. Going bloodlust as an ult is fun too if you have a heavy auto attack team.

Brightwing: I used him once in a bad QM team so I can't say anything as I am still salty from that match.

The Blackheart's Bay Watchtower Oath:

The enemies gather, and now my fighting for the watch tower begins,
It shall not end until my death(s),
I shall take no advice, farm no lanes, tap no fountains,
I shall live and die at that tower,
I am the feeder in the darkness,
I am the feeder on Black Heart's Bay,
I am the exp that levels up my foes,
The flamer that brings the toxicity,
The one who yells at those AFK,
The defender that fights 1x5,
I pledge my short life to defend the Watch Tower,
For this match and all matches to come.

Too true. Cheers to all you valiant watchtower defenders. May your sacrifice give our team a moderate boost in vision for the next 5 seconds!

AHAHA I LOVE IT! LOL man i can't wait for GoT sunday.

Opiate

I see there are player levels (as in meta-game levels) but you also level up with each individual hero.

What does those hero levels do?

I see there are player levels (as in meta-game levels) but you also level up with each individual hero.

Level 2: Second heroic ability
Level 3: Six additional talents
Level 4: All remaining talents
Level 5: 500 gold
Level 6: Hero portrait/mount variation 1
Level 7: Skin variation 1
Level 8: Skin variation 2
Level 9: Hero master portrait/mount variation 2
Level 10: Master skin unlocked
Level 15: 1,250 gold
Level 20: 2,500 gold

dave is ok

aztek is ok

If you're under player level 25 they unlock additional talent options at 2, 3 and 4.

At 5 you get 500 gold.

At 6 you get a mount color and a profile icon? (that might be at 7)

Then you get palette swaps for the base skin and 8 and 9 (and another mount one at some point)

And then you get another profile icon and the ability to buy the master skin at 10

Edit: What he said

When your player level is below 12 now I think?? you have to level up a hero to unlock all of their talents. But after that level everyone is unlocked even at hero level 1.

Further leveling up a hero unlocks color variation of it and gold.

When your player level is 25, all talents for all heroes are unlocked (you don't have to level a hero to 4 anymore).

Panthers

LiLi is love, LiLi is life.

Seriously tho I love this character. Great entry character for someone like me who is new to the game. I love healing now and could see her being one of my main characters. Also took a liking to Raynor after buying the Starter Pack. Not as thrilled with...ah what's his name, SC character with giant machine gun, his name escapes me atm. Malfurion was also interesting but I've only played like one match with him so I haven't even unlocked his more advanced talents, so he's a wait and see.

Last night someone got pissy because they were trying to fight three players and I couldn't keep them alive. He started bitching at me in chat and when no one took his side he just started trying to feed the other team. We still won tho lol. People can really be cockwads in these games, huh?
Just turn off team chat and have fun. People are cockwads in every online game.

Alur

Just turn off team chat and have fun. People are cockwads in every online game.

Amen.

It's not even used a lot of the time until you are in Hero League. If you do see it, it's probably gonna be BM. If I was new I wouldn't have any qualms disabling it for Quick Match (and even coop now).

Alavard

Is there any sort of notification to the rest of the team if someone turns off allied chat for that match? I'll block specific people if they become toxic/abusive very quickly, but I don't want to risk a good team trying to say normal polite things to me in chat and think I'm being an ass because I'm not responding. Like, you can communicate very well over pings, sure, but if the team doesn't know to do that with me, I might miss a lot.

gryvan

For me it's Brightwing and Uther

Brightwing as many people posted here, has passive heal and teleporting around to help teammates across the three lanes

Uther for those stuns...stun lock Uther is best Uther (Although I'm trying really hard to do the coveted triple stun ... )

Really torn on whether to get the $20 starter pack or not. So far I've spent $5 on the starter beta bundle (Raynor, Malfurion, Muradin). The only hero I've bought with gold so far is Valla for 2k--currently I'm level 23 and I've got about 23k gold saved up. I've loved LiLi so far this week but since she's so cheap I'm tempted to be thrifty and try to go all-f2p from now on, since I've only played like a third of the characters so far.

I've played Hearthstone pretty much every day for the past year and I've spent about $65 on it altogether, which was completely worth it.

Anybody else in the same boat? Thoughts?

Alur

Is there any sort of notification to the rest of the team if someone turns off allied chat for that match? I'll block specific people if they become toxic/abusive very quickly, but I don't want to risk a good team trying to say normal polite things to me in chat and think I'm being an ass because I'm not responding. Like, you can communicate very well over pings, sure, but if the team doesn't know to do that with me, I might miss a lot.

No there's not any notification other than you not responding to their messages.

How often are running into a good team in quick match saying more than "gg" or "nice play" or "get boss", though?

I mean, mine isn't disabled, I'm just saying if you're new it's not like there's a wealth of information being distributed there if the tradeoff is you hating the game due to the BM that is certainly going to be there from time to time.

Really torn on whether to get the $20 starter pack or not.

Well, Jaina, Zeratul and Zagara make it worth it IMO. They are all great. Lili is cheap and Sonya is fun too (plus you get the mount) but I mean it is your money in the end. The return for dollar value is not too bad - especially if you are gonna attempt to get all the heroes eventually anyway - but if you aren't you could probably pass. They'll all end up on sale again or whatnot, or you could use your gold wisely and only buy who you really want and play the others during the free rotation.

Pooya

instead of blocking, just say hi in the beginning, some gjs in the middle and by the end set the tone so potential bitters don't go sour. I've had actually really good experience so far with randoms, people even give tips to obviously new players at times. Like nobody seemingly knows to have to wait on a siege camp until golems are up. I told that to a Raynor and actually got a good feedback there!
Even when losing it's been funny at times, so yeah I don't really feel the need to turn it off.

Spl1nter

For me it's Brightwing and Uther

Brightwing as many people posted here, has passive heal and teleporting around to help teammates across the three lanes

Uther for those stuns...stun lock Uther is best Uther (Although I'm trying really hard to do the coveted triple stun ... )

Johanna aint so invulnerable when you benediction-stun-ult-stun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom