• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian!

nonstop
200_s.gif
from the casters lol, going ham on zeratul turning in 13 gems

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
have faith ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

lol @ faith for anything blizzard related

already preparing my back up screenshot for Blizzard when I don't get my portrait in October. (I'll just send them this):

Syf

Banned
if you really want to make sure you get it just spam !portrait in chat
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

kirblar

holy shit that shopping channel camera shot
They do this shit on the MTG coverage too- swooping shots during games that are nothing but the production team jacking off. Immediately tweeted to jake about it on twitter hoping feedback gets through eventually.

They do this shit on the MTG coverage too- swooping shots during games that are nothing but the production team jacking off. Immediately tweeted to jake about it on twitter hoping feedback gets through eventually.

MTG coverage is awful in general and of course the community cup is going on at the same time as HoTS

Alur

Good lord, the ESL production on commentators- it's unbearable. "GEEEE GEEEE" Tastosis now vs Tastosis yesterday is night and day- it's not just Jake/Cooby.

Doesn't Tastosis drop the GEEE GEEE pretty regularly? I've definitely heard it before on OGN.

Zafir

Yeah Tastosis really haven't been that good in these games honestly. Not sure why they didn't just keep Jake and Cooby since they've been doing the NA games consistently previously.

It's not just the hype either, the little details leaves a lot to be desired personally.

Edit: Oh the throws. Dx

kirblar

Yeah Tastosis really haven't been that good in these games honestly. Not sure why they didn't just keep Jake and Cooby since they've been doing the NA games consistently previously.

It's not just the hype either, the little details leaves a lot to be desired personally.
They're intentionally being produced to not talk about those little details to dumb it down for a mass audience.

Zafir

They're intentionally being produced to not talk about those little details to dumb it down for a mass audience.

But that just ruins it frankly.

Not to mention, it's not like a mass audience is going to be watching it anyway, so what's the point. :I

Ketch

waaaaaaaaaaaaat. glad I tuned in now.

edit: team immunity = murloc geniuses?

I made a twitch chat channel called "HOTSGAF"

post or PM your twitch names and I'll invite you to the chat channel

kirblar

i forgot this was on

is NA playing sonya yet?
Nope, we have 2 thrall picks and an illidan pick.

It's making me something something.

These teams are self-sabotaging by trying to prove these "heroes can win" - just pick actual good shit and win with it.

And if you're MG, don't throw everything.\

Immunity = LA replacement.

edit: FINALLY people are counter picking Leoric w our red-haired warrior.

edit2: Im very glad Immuniuty went for a Korea-esque draft strategy,

brian!

ui would be prtty good if they like halved the hero portrait (or made a more space efficient icon) and got rid of the kill/tower/timer thing, maybe shorten the lvl thing too

Ketch

random simpsons reference? works for me

Brought to you by Totino's pizza rolls!

join my fuckin twitch chat channel you guys

Altairre

I think I'm starting to get the hang of Kerrigan. Just won a great close game on Blackheart's Bay. Most takedowns, second highest hero damage with 55k, three times what the Illidan on my team had (only Nazeebo managed to rack up slightly more). Pretty happy with my performance in that match. She's a lot of fun. Still enjoy my Muradin though. Tinkered around with Zeratul for a bit as well but as of now I prefer Kerrigan's melee assassin playstyle.

Hard to believe I'm having so much fun with a MOBA.

Ketch

MISHA BOYS

I would have picked tass over KT in this comp, but it should be pretty interesting.

immunity is so screwed right now. Murlocs is already owning this map.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Previous summaries: Sonya - Abathur - Tyrande - Kharazim

Diablo is a character who I just know has a lot of potential going on - Blizzard just needs to change a few things here and there and he'll be a solid warrior.

1. Soul Feast
4. Fire Devil
7. Soul Steal (and then after character level 8, I went with Battle Momentum)
10. Lightning Breath & Apocalypse depending on situation
13. Firestorm
16. Rampage
20. Bolt of the Storm

+ It does feel good running around with ~ 7k health at level 20
+ As soon as I started using this tiny advice, Diablo suddenly became a lot more fun (transforming him into this massive health pool character into a somewhat consistent damage dealer)
+ I gotta hand it to Blizzard... Murkablo skin is by far one of the best skins out there

- No real way of getting the hell out of combat (Arthas has CC, Muradin can jump and CC, ETC can slide out, Leoric has his gtfo-button, Tyrael can teleport and Johanna can become invincible).
- Something seems to be missing... I can't really put my finger on it. But I feel that Diablo would really benefit one more ability of some sort.

Fun-tier list
God fun: Zagara, Kael'thas, Sylvanas, Jaina
High fun: Thrall, Kharazim, Zeratul, Valla, Kerrigan, Falstad, Tyrael, Leoric
Medium fun: Nazeebo, Butcher, Johanna, Tychus, Abathur, Anub'arak, Malfurion, Arthas, Illidan, Diablo
Low fun: Sonya, Li Li, Raynor, Nova, Tyrande
Trash: Muradin

And once again, meta lvl 10 portrait:

prNa77T.jpg

edit: oh, I'm also curious how Diablo was before the change (I think I was actually playing playing Heroes during the change but I didn't pay attention). Apparently he was a completely different character... how so? Was he actually a solid character back then?

kirblar

When Diablo was good (before he took his turn at the nerf bat) he was a lot of fun. Nothing really changed with his playstyle, he just got worse in all regards.

edit: haha the noisemakers in the crowd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom