• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ketch

This Rexxar is not having a good time.

equinox did not play him very well at all. I dont think I saw him use the bear to poke anything but stuctures, didn't talent to make the bear a threat, went wave clear and boars. he took flare and then wasn't using it.

and then their zeratul was on point. great VPs, great flanking.

i'm glad immunity got a win. showing up for aus/nz

Altairre

equinox did not play him very well at all. I dont think I saw him use the bear to poke anything but stuctures, didn't talent to make the bear a threat, went wave clear and boars. he took flare and then wasn't using it.

and then their zeratul was on point. great VPs, great flanking.

i'm glad immunity got a win. showing up for aus/nz

I don't understand why he talented for wave clear especially considering the wave clear of his team.

Ketch

nazeebo is fine. immunity got punished hard for not drafting a single stun.

classic example of a last pick completely wrecking the enemy team.

Lyng

nazeebo is fine. immunity got punished hard for not drafting a single stun.

classic example of a last pick completely wrecking the enemy team.

Yeah I agree. I am only complaining about Joanna. They picked her out several times but due to her stupid survival she was never punished.
Deserved overall win nonetheless

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Best thing about Rexxar so far? Choosing the 'wrong spec' and dealing 1k+ (!) dmg on creep.

D47TdU0.jpg

Zafir

The team going for Abby/Illy on OGN last night had BW banned out on them. Are they speccing into Pixie Dust to protect him?

Seems so, and it works rather well it seems, between Pixie Dust and the shield on the teleport it gives a lot of protection to someone who already has some survivability like Illi.

It didn't really matter that they had very little healing because Illidan just swept the floor with the enemy before they could do much at all.

Ketch

it's definitely your team.
pro tip: it's always your teammates fault

god the casters are SO fake though. like all the way down to their voices. just be yourselves please.

REXAR again

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Aaaaaaaaand EU is completely broken :) Good job.

Ketch

TS vs c9

will we see the rexxar meta formed?

if you're watching on twitch join me in HOTSGAF chat

there's an NA Sonya pick

kirblar

i dont know about this butcher pick. leoric wrecks butcher.
I do not think they expected Sonya to be banned out - I think they could have held off on Abathur.

edit: oh we CAn see the talents. Just not on Mobile- hurts a lot when they won't discuss them.

edit2: No War Paint on Sonya? Interesting.

Ketch

I do not think they expected Sonya to be banned out - I think they could have held off on Abathur.

edit: oh we CAn see the talents. Just not on Mobile- hurts a lot when they won't discuss them.

edit2: No War Paint on Sonya? Interesting.

block for butcher.

The UI they have in the stream is kinda what should be in the game. Even if it was just the fixed portraits for both teams minus the skill grids. Alt-clicking an enemy hero portrait to call missing would be so helpful.

These announcers are terrible.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I wish more people understood that at lvl20 you can just drop a core like that.

Bro calling it a nexus tho. Fired!

I wish more people understood that at lvl20 you can just drop a core like that.

Really depends on your heroes though, and the enemy team needs to be out of position. Butcher absolutely melt buildings endgame but some heroes actually don't do a whole lot of damage or take too long to do it(like Valla has to ramp up first for example) and then you're fighting under the core against a full health enemy team that just recalled in.

The UI is kinda weird. Why does the 2nd row of talent go from right to left? That makes no logical sense. The icons are also very small so you can't really tell what talents are taken if you don't have high resolution(phone or such), but that's a general issue with hots visual representation of progress. It's a lot easier to check items in lol/dota than to check talents in hots on a stream, so that's kinda annoying, doubly so if you don't know the heroes. Items are the same for everyone so you can easily recognize item icons, talents are obviously hero specific so you can't tell what they are from a quick glance, and quite often several talents have the same icon since they work on the same skill so you also need to know what the talent at a given tier does for the heroes.

It's better than the basic UI, but it's still kinda meh.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Mmmmm. Nice for Complexity. It was a bad move to kill Uther before 3 others in that close quarters top temple fight, but the boss fight went their way by the skin of their teeth in terms of arrival timings.

Really depends on your heroes though, and the enemy team needs to be out of position.
Yeah, but I mean when you get a team that understands it they usually clean up because it's like knowledge of it isn't very common or something. There are many teams getting out of position because they aren't thinking of it as a possibility, or teams not utilizing it when they get a very clear opportunity. It just isn't as prominent of a consideration as I think it should be. Bear in mind I'm talking about the whole scene, not just in the pros.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom