• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoodWinked

play a game on the haunted mines and both golems were at the bases our golem was stronger 70/30 but everyone on my team was dead except me I figured that the golems were too strong at this point and we couldn't kill either so figured it would be a base race but my teammates were screaming at me to defend. anyways i basically won the game barely by making the correct call to attack the core. and that entire game pretty much responsible for most of the takedowns and ended with the best score at 25-3.

play a game on the haunted mines and both golems were at the bases our golem was stronger 70/30 but everyone on my team was dead except me I figured that the golems were too strong at this point and we couldn't kill either so figured it would be a base race but my teammates were screaming at me to defend. anyways i basically won the game barely by making the correct call to attack the core. and that entire game pretty much responsible for most of the takedowns and ended with the best score at 25-3.

I feel like no one ever wants to push strong golems, even if it isn't a final push. I have seen a 80 golem get busted down quicker than the 20 one simply because we let their entire team attack our 80 one unopposed. I feel like you at least need two people to harass the other team while they try to take out your golem, otherwise it is wasted effort getting the skulls.

Amen.

It's not even used a lot of the time until you are in Hero League. If you do see it, it's probably gonna be BM. If I was new I wouldn't have any qualms disabling it for Quick Match (and even coop now).

I agree, pings are more than enough to communicate in QM and it definitely isn't needed in coop. In fact some of the worst BM I have seen has been in coop these past couple of weeks.

pigeon

Banned
Noobiest character to start with?

Almost all of Lili's abilities are autotargeting, so she's probably the easiest character to be effective with. Q and R will heal whoever needs healing, E will blind whoever needs blinding. W needs to be used on an ally, though.

On the other hand, playing Lili won't teach you how to, you know, target your abilities, which is an important skill you will probably eventually want to have. But she's a good pick if you are utterly new to the game. Just make sure to stay near somebody, because Lili is like 11 and needs adult supervision.

pigeon

Banned
I feel like no one ever wants to push strong golems, even if it isn't a final push. I have seen a 80 golem get busted down quicker than the 20 one simply because we let their entire team attack our 80 one unopposed. I feel like you at least need two people to harass the other team while they try to take out your golem, otherwise it is wasted effort getting the skulls.

I just had a Mines game where the first two waves we got 70 skulls to their 30.

First wave we all went top and pushed our golem. We got all the way to the core, while theirs didn't break our keep.

Second wave we all went bottom to defend against their golem. The result was that theirs cleared the keep and ours died before doing any non-shield damage to the core.

Lesson learned -- pushing a strong golem is way more valuable than defending against a weak golem.

Alur

I agree, pings are more than enough to communicate in QM and it definitely isn't needed in coop. In fact some of the worst BM I have seen has been in coop these past couple of weeks.

I played three coop games a few days back to check my connection which went from 50-70ms to ~250ms randomly and stayed there for a few hours.

In one game, had a guy playing Muradin all over this Raynor. Kept it up all game long. This was just the first 5-10 mins:

"this raynor must be new ffs"
what as your first clue? The brown horse, Raynor, or coop?

"gdi raynor u fkin noob"

"how do u fkin die in coop"

"uninstall this n never ply agn"

"first game last game rite raynor?"

coop lyfe srs lyfe

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
I just had a Mines game where the first two waves we got 70 skulls to their 30.

First wave we all went top and pushed our golem. We got all the way to the core, while theirs didn't break our keep.

Second wave we all went bottom to defend against their golem. The result was that theirs cleared the keep and ours died before doing any non-shield damage to the core.

Lesson learned -- pushing a strong golem is way more valuable than defending against a weak golem.

I think it would be better to have 2 defend and 3 push, personally, unless your golem is about to kill their core.

You don't know if their next golem will be stronger, but I guess it also depends on how competent both sides are and if there is a level discrepancy that would matter.

brian!

Yeah when ppl give advice to follow bad calls they often fail to mention that it only applies to particular situations, usually numbers/grouping situations, you totally made the right decision

Pooya

single handedly held off Thrall, Rehgar and ETC with my Anub against a boss and then got their boss, muahahaha. I was 2 lvl higher than them but man Anub is just invincible late game, bug regen is insane..

I played three coop games a few days back to check my connection which went from 50-70ms to ~250ms randomly and stayed there for a few hours.

In one game, had a guy playing Muradin all over this Raynor. Kept it up all game long. This was just the first 5-10 mins:

"gdi raynor u fkin noob"

coop lyfe srs lyfe

Git gud, casul

That kind of stuff is just so unnecessary and can kill someones interest in continuing to play the game.

Alur

I still think the Nexus Charger is the coolest mount in the game :)

We are few. We are proud.

i1dnbuvn7rrn1411172126040.jpg

-Digits-

Git gud, casul

That kind of stuff is just so unnecessary and can kill someones interest in continuing to play the game.

That's actually what these people want. They somehow think they can bully away all the 'baddies' and only the skilled people, like themselves of course, will keep playing thereby creating an utopia of pure skill. And it will be glorious.

It doesn't matter how casual the experience is, it's still a competitive game, people are competitive, people deal with adversity differently and they deal with strangers on the internet differently. I've seen people flame each other and threaten reports over Diretide, a version of doto where the main focus is collecting candies to turn in to a giant pumpkin. It's silly, not serious, meant to be light hearted and fun. And people are still raging assholes to each other.

There's little to no consequence to being an ass to a total stranger and right now HotS doesn't have a proper report or commendation system. There isn't an obvious way to report players and right now Blizzard have merely grafted WoW's report system to HotS, which isn't suitable.

I was hoping by the time they released the game to the public they would have addressed these things.

"gdi raynor u fkin noob"

coop lyfe srs lyfe

It's getting difficult to not turn into that asshole :'[

Opiate

Seems like a good game; some of the maps seem a bit silly (the ones where holding points just destroys the enemy base without penalty is sort of awkward to me) but I do prefer the focus on team fighting and positioning.\\

Do we have a GAF Teamspeak/mumble for this?

Fixed1979

Still terribad at this game, but having fun regardless. Maining Uther right now, not alot of damage but I'll stun the fuck out of the enemy team and heal the shit out of my team lol!

Just had my first real comeback game, I was seriously so down on my team after during minutes 7-17, I think we were down 3 levels at one point, then we somehow turned it around and ended up winning at the 30:01 mark, which I'm pretty sure is the longest game I've played yet. So awesome.

Seems like a good game; some of the maps seem a bit silly (the ones where holding points just destroys the enemy base without penalty is sort of awkward to me) but I do prefer the focus on team fighting and positioning.\\

Do we have a GAF Teamspeak/mumble for this?

Quote the OP or this post for the link to the Google Doc. The Mumble server and password are also listed in the doc.

Salamando

single handedly held off Thrall, Rehgar and ETC with my Anub against a boss and then got their boss, muahahaha. I was 2 lvl higher than them but man Anub is just invincible late game, bug regen is insane..

I had the same thing happen in a game today...only it was a Diablo, Brightwing, Azmodan, Valla, and Johanna, I didn't get the boss, I had a two level disadvantage, and the rest of my team was dead. By the time I popped up from my burrow, I was CC'd so fast I couldn't even pop bugs...

Strider

Kinda funny I was impatient as fuuuuuck for the magic carpet to go on sale for a long time but now that it is I'm gonna pass on it.

Hearthstone card back mount FTW.

brian!

He had a stream once where his nephew and niece were visiting, he couldnt play very well because of the aggro, and then one of them spit in his mouth, it was great

Alur

Hearthstone card back mount FTW.

Only thing better than Murky is Hearthstone card back mount.

azmodan can use magic carpet, right??? I hope the card works too.

Yes on the carpet. I would assume so on the card back as well since it's basically the same thing.

Am I dumb, or is there no place to see your W/L percentage with an individual hero in QM?

There's not unless you use hero.gg or hotslogs.com or keep track of it yourself manually. It only tells you how many wins you have total across all modes in your profile.

-Digits-

It's funny, because unless you've caught on to the AI's patterns after a few games of co-op, it's quite easy to die in co-op.

Those AI will deathball, focus you, and work together much better than 99% of QM teams.

I was mocked by a Raynor for not soloing 2 bots as Illidan because they were just bots man, lol. I don't think we were even level 4 yet and nobody else showed up for the tribute so I just went back to my lane, a tear in my eye and a bruised ego.

Valnen

I'm building up a pretty decent stockpile of gold. I'm at 13,460, and can probably get another couple thousand from this current free hero rotation pretty easily. Starting to think wonder if I should spend some, or hold onto it and wait to try more heroes before I make any choices...Illidan is one of my favorite Blizzard characters, but the "Very Hard" difficulty level kind of scares me off of purchasing him. He's so cheap though, only 4000. So conflicting!

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
^ Seems like the best way to spend gold is buy the cheapest heroes first or buy a hero you like or a master skin for a hero you play a lot.

That's pretty much all you do with gold anyway. Haha. Can't go wrong with what you do.

Milly79

Illidan is one of my favorite Blizzard characters, but the "Very Hard" difficulty level kind of scares me off of purchasing him. He's so cheap though, only 4000. So conflicting!

He is very hard to master and also very dive happy. You have to know when to dive in/dive out. I enjoy playing Illidan at times, but he really has to have at least some type of heals. Definitely not a solo Q hero.

On another note, this is amazingly hilarious:

http://gfycat.com/CautiousFragrantAnchovy

I had no idea you could hit Falstad mid flight at all.

The entire clip is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaK3Z8TZx0k&feature=share

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom