• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirblar

Nah it says EM Active.

And what is up with Kerrigan? 90% nerf to shields gained? Am I reading this correctly?
There are typos on MMO-Champion's side this is picking up as changes. Kerrigan and all the "HEROIC" ultimate non-changes are like that. She always had a % as shields, not 100%.

Stitches also buffed. He's the Anti-Mage tank - he has a new version of "Block" that is for spells instead of AAs.

kirblar

This better not go up till the week after next.
It had to have gotten delayed because of EU finals.
Battlefield of Eternity

Immortal
Basic Attack damage increased from 360 (+22 per minute) to 360 (+25 per minute) after 11 minutes have passed, and 360 (+30 per level) after 16 minutes

Developer Comments: Matches on Battlefield could occasionally go quite long as the Immortals weren’t scaling high enough into the late game. With this slight damage increase they’ll be more of a threat as the game progresses.

Garden of Terror

Garden Terror
Overgrowth (W)
Now also disables the enemy Core
Health now increases the longer the game progresses

Developer Comments: We didn’t like the gameplay of Garden Terrors being used defensively to slow down an enemy Garden Terror push. Now that the Overgrowth can disable the Core, it will be much less effective to defend as a Garden Terror, encouraging teams to be more offensive with their Garden Terrors.

Infernal Shrines

Punisher
Starting and scaling Health decreased by 10%
Now leap to the nearest enemy Hero within range, rather than selecting one at random
Skeletal Defenders
The amount of Skeletal Defenders required to summon a Punisher has been increased from 30 to 40.
Skeletal Defenders will no longer take increased damage from abilities and talents that deal bonus damage to minions.
The range at which Skeletal Defenders will detect and attack players has been decreased by 25%

Developer Comments: Player feedback has been centered around how hard it is to comeback when falling behind on Infernal Shrines. We agree that the Punishers are overly punishing, so we’re nerfing their Health slightly. Teams that successfully bait the Punishers deep within their base will be able to put an end to this threat sooner.

Sky Temple

Events in which all three Temples activate simultaneously will no longer occur.

Developer Comments: While the three temple event could be fun, it didn’t leave the defending team with many options. It almost always meant whoever had the advantage at that point in time could secure the majority of the temples and win the match with little for the other team to do.
I like all these changes.

Alur

I love the no three temple at ~20 minute shit. Means if you get behind one temple you can still come back without the enemy having to have the biggest throw of all time to get you there.

brian!

I don't- it just killed hype/tension on the spot. Map still forces an eventual end, it just doesn't do so in a way that locks out the team that's behind.

3 temples is the best oppurtunity for a team that's behind, a team that is ahead wins a temple trade and should win any 5v5, now all they have to do is group and sit on a temple

@millie, im into these tass changes, 5 seconds sounds absurdly short but i dunno how itd be in practice. He doesnt have to take e talents now, he can sit back

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
3 temples is the best oppurtunity for a team that's behind, a team that is ahead wins a temple trade and should win any 5v5, now all they have to do is group and sit on a temple

how often does that even successfully happen though?

they must have stats that dictate it is more of a disadvantage than an advantage to a losing team

kirblar

I have literally never actually seen this happen. It's been a death sentence for the team that's behind every time I've seen it happen in-game.

brian!

Dang milly im a slow phone typer forgive me

2 temple mean the winning team wins 100%, 3 temples means: 1. enemy team has to divert resources for two temples, allied team eats them up, 2. Enemy team groups on a temple, allied team gets more shots off, 3. Enemy team chases allied team down as 5 and forces them off/forces fights

Like one opens up choices, another closes them off, idunno what personal experience has to do with anything.

2 temples means there is no comeback barring like stitches comps or big errors/bad teamfighting from enemy team. It makes blizzard sense in that it simplifies things and makes ppl less confused and more easily herded, but strategically it closes off a lot about the map.

Alur

I'm with kirblar. I've won coming from behind with the 3 temples (and lost), but it's rare.

Limiting it to two gives you the same options as the losing team, except you don't have 3 potential areas to cover. They stack on one, you just go fight them if it's the last one they need. You're no longer at risk for them splitting and taking 2 of 3 and you being unable to have the damage at each spot to regain them before it kills the core.

brian!

If they split that means your team has pick potential (in my games they ofyen choose to 4-1 in this scenario and my team jumps on the lone guy pretty quick), if they group on 1 of 2 objectives in a scenario where they are ahead it means that you have tochoose between a bad teamfight or letting them further their lead

If there were actual comp variance or if healing was less strong i wouldnt be so against it, like if ppl were able to build comps that exceled in sky temple behind situations thatd be cool, maybe stitches picks can make this happen, poke doesnt work because of healing

kirblar

Is 1 temple actually enough to take down a fully shielded core? I thought you still needed a little bit more to push it over the edge.

brian!

Would actually really be into a generic healing reduction talent for warriors or something like that

Been playing smite and they have specific hero choices for healing reduction (items too) in their drafts, prtty interesting

I like that tyrande got a searing arrow buff, i was really into the 4 melee + tyrande comp i saw some team play once

I think in general blizz did a prtty good job on tass/tyrande for what they were trying to do, most ppl were afraid they would be a lot more heavy-handed i think, gotta see how it works in practice tho

Both still arent healers and their changes prob wont do anything about ppl who complain about low winrates w/ them

Random ass nazeebo change lol
expected zera change, its all they can really do without reworking him
Random ass butcher nerf on a talent that you shouldnt take
Whoa bunch of chen buffs, luv chen
Into the diablo buffs, doesnt fix his tanking problem but im also into blizzard not trying to make him tanky, sucks that charge cant be unstoppable
wauuu etc buffs, he was already solid too
nothing really changed on johanna
Dont understand leoric nerf
Misha fixate is surprisingly dark
Hungry for more looks really strong, wack that you have to choose between stoneskin and fishing hook id provably go stoneskin tho

Milly79

I think MAYBE Tyrande will be a solo healer now.

Probably not considering the CD is still pretty long. Still think both of her ults are pretty underwhelming.

I wish I could get good Tass. I just don't understand him enough.

Alur

If they split that means your team has pick potential (in my games they ofyen choose to 4-1 in this scenario and my team jumps on the lone guy pretty quick), if they group on 1 of 2 objectives in a scenario where they are ahead it means that you have tochoose between a bad teamfight or letting them further their lead

I don't understand your argument. I think we are talking about two different things here.

There's no "further lead" if those temples end the game. You fight or lose, so there's no worry about that. If there's 2 instead of 3, that allows you to narrow down precisely where they are and go with everyone.

If it's 3, even if they split 3 wide I can't tell you the number of times I've seen my own team or the enemy team attempt to take those in a split but not have the damage in their small groups to get the temple in enough time to stave off the end of the game.

There's no scenario where 2 temples is worse for a losing team than 3 unless the team ahead just cedes 2 free temples. I can't see it otherwise.

brian!

I don't understand your argument. I think we are talking about two different things here.

There's no "further lead" if those temples end the game. You fight or lose, so there's no worry about that. If there's 2 instead of 3, that allows you to narrow down precisely where they are and go with everyone.

If it's 3, even if they split 3 wide I can't tell you the number of times I've seen my own team or the enemy team attempt to take those in a split but not have the damage in their small groups to get the temple in enough time to stave off the end of the game.

There's no scenario where 2 temples is worse for a losing team than 3 unless the team ahead just cedes 2 free temples. I can't see it otherwise.

Oh my bad i didnt realize we were talking about temples ending the game, i thought we were talking about level leads and snowballing, uhhh my point stands for what i thought we were talking about x.x

Ketch

PATCH NOTES YES!

edit:

I guess blizz is getting out the thesaraus. Misha, Preoccupy!

Good change though. Still would have preferred it to control like every other summon in the game though. I think Kirblar or Jaundice juice predicted this one.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
HOLY SHIT IM BACK WHAT DID I MISS

SO MUCH NEWS

edit: holy fucking shit, I don't even know where to begin

also, which stream to watch for Medic gameplay

Syf

Banned
I think honestly I'm most hyped for the loading screen changes lol, been wanting something like that for so long. Lots of good stuff though.

brian!

Im not too into the garden changes either, i understand the want to make the map shorter but i really liked how it was important that you burned down the other terror when both were up and i liked how different teamfighting was in those situations

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Loading Screens will now display the players on each team along the left and right edges of the screen, and include the following information:

Player name, portrait, and portrait border
Loading progress
Selected Hero for that game
They finally fucking did it, huh?

Random ass nazeebo change lol

#2 winrate

Into the diablo buffs, doesnt fix his tanking problem but im also into blizzard not trying to make him tanky, sucks that charge cant be unstoppable

I guess they're embracing the Bruiser idea

nothing really changed on johanna

really? the shield nerf is big

Dont understand leoric nerf

#1 winrate

Hungry for more looks really strong, wack that you have to choose between stoneskin and fishing hook id provably go stoneskin tho

both of those level 1 talents are nuts

brian!

I meant I don't understand the nazeebo change because it doesn't do much (esp with toads being so quality atm), same for leoric, I was unclear tho.
in terms of higher lvl play I think nazeebo could use a buff, but that's in the context of the current patch

The shield nerf numbers looked low to me but yah i havent seen it in game so (goes for everything I say about da patch)

I enjoy stitches buffs and I liked when he was the strongest dude (he wasnt strong in the way the warriors now are strong), but he doesnt fit in the meta atm I think outside of pretending he's an ulting sonya by charging ppl w/ diarrhea ult
arthas prob does what he does better

I'd love to see stitches picks, it'd be really fun to root for c9 stitches again

kirblar

Nazeebo isn't in need of a buff whatsoever. He's very viable- the bigger issue right now is that ranged damage spots are becoming a limited premium in our current beef-oriented metagame.

brian!

mainly I just want to think about the discussion blizz had around Misha, Fixate

like maybe one of them was having trouble with their kid or something

Nazeebo isn't in need of a buff whatsoever. He's very viable- the bigger issue right now is that ranged damage spots are becoming a limited premium in our current beef-oriented metagame.

yeah I agree w/ that, a buff is probably not necessary, spots probably have more to do with it than him being not as good as a solo ranged dmg pick

ptr is down for me, but I'd be down for some sik inhouses if it comes up later, havent really played the game for like 2 weeks

Ketch

Being able to make Stitches super beefy HP-wise again is great.

like 1k hp buff to ETC, and 600 hp buff to stitches plus this doozy:
New Talent (Level 1): Hungry for More
Collecting Regeneration Globes permanently increases maximum Health by 30

That's actually crazy with devour. I think maybe 30 stacks of regen master is pretty achievable. that would be 900 bonus hp, which puts stiches at like 7k hp at lvl 20 after these buffs, which is already insane. and it means devour would heal for something like: 1400hp? plus another 700 hp over 10 seconds if you take the lvl 1 talent. That's 2100hp self heal. crazy.

edit: tassadar changes kind of suck for him. shield buff is good, but without a big heal or significant damage as archon then he's not a good solo or secondary support

brian!

yeah 30 is very achievable, but I don't think he was lacking tankiness in the current patch (well he was comparatively, but I mean he wasnt awful at it), lack of mobility hurts him so much atm. when his arthas style front line was meta he was really strong, I'd love to see him come back in this capacity and just be a tree while the other team doesnt have hm1. I hate slam as an ability tho

I feel like the cd buffs for etc are prtty big, I really miss stage dive/split push etc tho I felt like it added a lot of depth to the game (tho yeah it's hard to deal with in the current game state)

Alavard

Wow, overall this looks like a really exciting patch. I'm super excited to start playing Chen again. And ETC. And even Stitches.

kirblar

His HP and damage both got hit hard when they dumpstered him. You could hit his damage and keep him viable, but his whole style of tanking really demanded that absurd HP pool of his, and I'm really glad to see it back in action.

They totally have no idea what to do with Slam.

Ketch

yeah 30 is very achievable, but I don't think he was lacking tankiness in the current patch (well he was comparatively, but I mean he wasnt awful at it), lack of mobility hurts him so much atm. when his arthas style front line was meta he was really strong, I'd love to see him come back in this capacity and just be a tree while the other team doesnt have hm1. I hate slam as an ability tho

I feel like the cd buffs for etc are prtty big, I really miss stage dive/split push etc tho I felt like it added a lot of depth to the game (tho yeah it's hard to deal with in the current game state)

I agree about slam, it's pretty booty with out the stun, It would be nice to see a +% damage against minions on slam talent. But I think losing his tanky ness was the big reason he's not seen play. His damage is still pretty good, although spread out, and his CC (hook, devour or slime) ranges from pretty good to game winning.

7k HP is rediculous. like full souls diablo rediculous, but without losing it when he dies. and with the self heal? I think it has some serious potential.

I can't parse the diablo changes. "premier ganking tank" they say in the comments. but range was not shadow charges weakness. and flame wave is still just as bad as slam.

brian!

it's not even the power of it for me, it's that it's really uninteresting, I put bw q and diablo w in there too

I also havent played diablo before so maybe there's a lore thing im missing out on

I disagree about the tankiness, I don't think him hanging on for a while longer helps him that much in the current meta but I also feel like a lot of blizzard's balancing has historically revolved around too big to fail style changes so maybe it's also that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom