• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ketch

it's not even the power of it for me, it's that it's really uninteresting, I put bw q and diablo w in there too

I also havent played diablo before so maybe there's a lore thing im missing out on

I disagree about the tankiness, I don't think him hanging on for a while longer helps him that much in the current meta but I also feel like a lot of blizzard's balancing has historically revolved around too big to fail style changes so maybe it's also that

uninteresting as in it's just AOE damage? yea I guess. there's a lot of AOE damage in the game, but yea I agree there's a lot of stuff in heroes that just feels like a wet blanket. all of those abilities you mention fit into that category for sure. like gazlowe's lazer, or thrall.

and I think you will be surprised how much the hp buff will do for stitches. it's so much more then just lasting a little bit longer. If you start thinking about effective HP in a fight, he should live like twice as long as he does now.

edit: after looking at the numbers some more, the buffs to diablo and chen also look pretty decent. Full souls diablo at 20 should now be 7.8k hp, and a chen going block at 4 can have 25% reduced ability damage and dodge 100% of a basic attack every once every four seconds. maybe he'll be strong in the current meta vs sonya, raynor, jaina.

also the medic talents look fucking rediculous.

edit: Whoa heroes nexus has artanis abilities and talents already too.. have you guys seen this: http://www.heroesnexus.com/talent-calculator/60-artanis?filter-ptr=1#8AA?

brian!

yeah i hope im surprised, would love to see stitches picked

I dunno if I can categorize what I think are uninteresting mechanics, uhh like I think multishot is really awful, but I think it's great w/ the talents

sometimes it's a synergy thing, I do think chain lightning is like...ok so he has chain lightning...

but at the same time I like psi storm (maybe because I played starcraft?) which is kind of similar to those things, maybe because of the visual?

oo I'm gonna say it probably has to do with kit interaction tho (w/ aesthetics mixed in), slam, bw q, and firestomp fit in weird to me. like hooking someone in and then being like ok what do I do, guess I'll slam the ground, or yea bro I just slammed u into a wall and chokeslammed u, time to stomp the yard are all really simplistic interactions imo, a lot of it has to do with how they don't do anything besides put a bit of damage down I guess. I have no idea why bw has q as a spell, feel like a suggestive pollen dmg skillshot w/ cc/buff would make sense, I just don't understand why it's there outside of some lore I might be missing

when I found out that diablo could spend a talent point so he could make the flames COME BACK....cmon.... (can't even press w again to control it)

edit: after looking at the numbers some more, the buffs to diablo and chen also look pretty decent. Full souls diablo at 20 should now be 7.8k hp, and a chen going block at 4 can have 25% reduced ability damage and dodge 100% of a basic attack every once every four seconds. maybe he'll be strong in the current meta vs sonya, raynor, jaina.

also the medic talents look fucking rediculous.

edit: Whoa heroes nexus has artanis abilities and talents already too.. have you guys seen this: http://www.heroesnexus.com/talent-calculator/60-artanis?filter-ptr=1#8AA?

yeah I feel like chen buffs = will see chen in a lot of games, but I dunno how many pros play chen outside of eu (feel like I've seen it a bunch in asia but I could be projecting). dunno about diablo, would put muradin as "premier gank warrior", but I loved diablo in etc/diablo meta

uhhh I'm super hype for artanis right now, I had no idea he was the "Hierarch of the Daelaam" or that there was a thing called the Spear of Adun, like if I knew sc2 was all bout this kind of hokiness and penis jokes I would have picked it up immediately

Ketch

yea. I think flamewave would be a lot more interesting if it was like razor's plasma field, doing increased damage the further the target was away from you. giving you something skillfull to do while not in melee range... or flip it and make it do increased damage they closer they are to the center so it can combo with choke slam. imagine that, bonus damage if they near the center + flame waves return... so you get double bonus damage if you can keep the target near the center long enough with all your CC.

Wow, overall this looks like a really exciting patch. I'm super excited to start playing Chen again. And ETC. And even Stitches.

yeah this is the first patch ever in this game where I can't find a single thing I disagree with

I think pretty much every change is justified and has good reasoning behind it, and the two Starcraft heroes look great for their respective archetypes.

The Chen changes look interesting but it's kind of all moot if he's still just as interruptable before. He does look like he's potentially tankier than before and the lack of resource costs for his ultimates sounds kind of nuts.

Shadowstalk (R)
No longer reveals enemies.

That sucks. Yeah, yeah, now it heals over time, while making your team invisible. But it was a great counter to invisible heroes and abathur. You can still catch people out with Sentinel and Lunar Flare but the loss of enemy visibility sucks.

kirblar

There was always a pretty serious design flaw with that part of the ability- Shadowstalk is an ability where you NEED to know where your opponents are in order to take advantage of it in the first place.

It feels like a holdover from when the ability probably granted stealth to everyone which then broke immediately when anyone took action.

Shadowstalk was so good for gank squads, Pop it, see who is alone, Illidan uses The Hunt, Brightwing TP's in to help Illidan and Nova throws out a Precision Strike. You throw out a sentinel to help.

People start getting twitchy whenever you pop it. Going to miss that.

Misha will now hide when Rexxar is hidden in a Bush

Amazing quality of life improvement. Kinda hard to be sneaky when a giant flaming bear is passively standing by a bush.

Bird of Prey (Talent)
Bonus damage to non-Heroic targets has been reduced from 300% to 200%.

And not surprised in the slightest.

Duress

lol around 40k more hero damage with Raynor, in the last 2 games. Everyone else was at 20k or so.

I don't think people really pay attention to his basic attack damage with all the skill talents.

looking at alot of chens stuff and i think he can fit in with the bruisers, especially with the buffs to his kick and fire breath. Especially when it not only requires a stun to get him out of shielding but also the team to converge on him, when you potentially have other tanks trying to push their way in.

he also has a lot of flexibility now i talent options, he just needs to be good enough at his base to justify the pick.

Also his ults arent the best in the world i suppose. I hear barrel is still buggy?

lol around 40k more hero damage with Raynor, in the last 2 games. Everyone else was at 20k or so.

I don't think people really pay attention to his basic attack damage with all the skill talents.

I don't know how anyone can ignore his right click damage with that auto-attack range of his. Decent Raynor's can stutter-step, right-click bully you out of a lane so quickly early game.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist

A lot of laynors don't seem to use inspire, and a lot are simply chickenshit and also don't realize how many enemies they outrange.

So many Diablo changes, and yet not a single one seems it'll make a difference at all. Wish you could just press the Trait button to rez on demand when you have the souls, instead of being forced to go from your strongest state into the weakest whenever you die, even if 90% of the time rezing early doesn't actually do shit cause you still have to run back to the fight and it's most likely over by that point. Really hate the trait design overall.

Kinda interested in Medic, but I find particularily interesting that she doesn't seem to be able to self heal if under fire, will make it very hard to live if you get assist trained by illidan/zeratul/tanks and so on. I assume some talents will help with that, want to see the full list. Medivac seems ridiculous though, you can hard push a lane before the objective spawn and you'll be uncontested most likely cause the other team can't afford to defend, and then you can just medivac into the objective right as it spawns. Stim Pack feels like a shitty Bloodlust though, wonder if it'll have a really low cd or something.

Ketch

I feel like the new shadow stalk has some potential as a counter engage tool. Yea it sucks that it loses reveal, but there are so many other ways to get vision that speccing into SS just to reveal is kind of a huge waste.

Since it's global, and heals, it could potential save allies from ganks, which would still make it useful against nova/zera if you're good enough. I can definetly see it being picked in competitive, and I think it's an overall buff to tyrande.

think of all the times your team stays at the enemy gate for too long just to get chased down and killed. Now give them all stealth and a 800hp heal. Or imagine that extended aoe heal if you go tranquility into shadow stalk.

brian!

it looks like you can only use it as a counter-engage tool since the heal is wasted at full health

i dunno, the numbers look really low on it but im no good at math

Ketch

it looks like you can only use it as a counter-engage tool since the heal is wasted at full health

i dunno, the numbers look really low on it but im no good at math

it's like 850 total healing at 20. so like an uther Q for your whole team.

50 second cooldown + battle momentum and even lvl 1 cooldown owl talent.... it might be pretty good. and really annoying to play against. I mean as a second support it's pretty nuts.

It's funny they nerfed spiders because I think toad build is his best now.

Toad build still uses the spider talents, for the most part. I'd say the build difference is more like Wall build versus Toad build, with both builds using Spider Cluster and Leaping Spiders anyway. Spider Cluster is a no brainer unless you want to 1vs1 people with Envenom or get Merc Lord or something but Spider Cluster helps with both situations and also in teamfights so generally is better, and Leaping competes with Hardened Focus(sometimes hard to use I find and you'd definitely want the Wall build for increased range to stay back) and the Spider on toad which is another spider talent.

So it's just an overall nerf to Nazeebo, since both builds used spiders talents at these tiers anyway. I guess it's a stronger nerf to the wall build since it has more focus on spiders for damage since you don't get the stronger toads, but it still has a fairly large impact on the toad build.

brian!

it's like 850 total healing at 20. so like an uther Q for your whole team.

50 second cooldown + battle momentum and even lvl 1 cooldown owl talent.... it might be pretty good. and really annoying to play against. I mean as a second support it's pretty nuts.

yeah tru

Merc Lord, Toad Affinity, Toads of Hugeness, Infested Toads.

Infested Toad is a spider talent, and is directly nerfed as a result since spiders are weaker. Even using a toad build I don't like it that much compared to Leaping, since Leaping actually makes your spiders able to do their damage, while Infested often spawns a bunch of spiders that then don't do that much since they're so slow.

Merc Lord is map specific and Cluster can be used to wear down buildings over time by throwing jars at buildings over the course of the game, so I tend to never take it. Can be good if you use coordination to do merc pushes though, on the maps that have a good amount of useable mercs. I just find the versatility of spider cluster better since it both increases pushing and teamfight, and it's also great at denying caps for longer periods of time, like say on Cursed Hollow or Dragon Shire.

I tend to favor toad build, but I still go for cluster+leaping since it adds a lot more than the other choices imo, especially during teamfights.

Yeah, if that happens enough, he'll get looked at. Just like Zeratul. It just means more weeks, possibly months, on the Uther train.

Chen is just so absurd when the other team has no stun.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
i had a dream

i was playing the medic and it was glorious

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Some datamine release dates

Heroes:
Lt Morales - 10.06.2015
Artanis - 10.27.2015

Mounts:

Vulture - 10.06.2015
Void Speeder - 10.06.2015
Battle Beast Nexus - 10.06.2015

Much, much more in the link

Maledict

Overall think the patch looks goo, but very dissapointed in the lack of Falstead buffs, I'll be buying the parrot skin day 1 and would love to play him in hero league again, but it feels like he doesn't have a place anymore with Raynor fulfilling the anti tank, AA role and Jaina / Kerrigan providing much better burst dps. He feels a bit like he's stuck between two roles and you can't talent either enough to make him as good as someone else at it.

Possibly it's his mount / fly thing that prevents him being top tier?

Indignate

I don't know what your time frame of always is (this last week?) , but yes I think.

Maybe you saw a non-euro price and got confused from that? It's $40 in the states.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom