• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unbelievable. (On spider queen)
We wipe 4 members of the ennemy team at lvl 22 they have just one fort remaining, i tell them to all rush core, one go to a camp another to another camp and two go to the last fort... then after everyone has respawned they go core and ennemy team wipe us on it.

So i thought this was a loss because they just had to rush our core, but i dont know how it is possible, the guys came one after another on the core and three died before we respawned. The core carried us hard.

Is this reality ?

Alur

Easy to say now that they've won the regionals.

jIujIYL.gif

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
don't be mean to milly or i will chew on your eyeball :mad:

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
This is actually quite the huge change for Rexxar (in the near future)!

6H2dobc.png

Alur

Who was the McIntyre fan again though?

A bunch of us are. Ketch, Turdburger, me. Maybe kirblar, not sure.

My favorite players power ranking:

Ketch >>>>>>>>>>>> Yoshichan = McIntyre >>> Oreoman = Glaurung = Fan >> Gundy (Gazlowe) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Protonium (on Rehgar) > Dreadnaught = Bakery >>>>>>>>༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つAMENO༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ>>>>>>>>>> Milly > subwilde

Yoshichan

I need to know my ranking when I show my lvl 20 murky

Yoshichan

*plays furiously*

Alur

I know on THH and somewhere else (it escapes me) I heard the guys reference that they thought a lot of the teams that didn't make Blizzcon would break up between now and next year. They did say on THH that they were certain Murloc Geniuses would stay together.

I imagine part of that is due to sponsorship being pulled cause there's no chance to make money, but also the general team swapping and team stacking you'd likely see.

Would love to see McIntyre get on a top tier team, but personally not sure he has the personality for it without being the shotcaller and though they were 3/4/5 often and for a time were 1st or 2nd, I don't think that's the role that suits him best.

They regurgitated that a lot the last couple episodes (which were very monotone and regurgitated in general)

Sponsors pulling contracts should put a bunch of players on the market again though which leaves room for a group to form to be then picked up by a sponsor.

I kinda wanna see BOB? make it to Blizzcon w/o just cause how ridiculous a situation that'd be.

Alur

Just for speculation and hottakery...

Do you believe it's imperative for the health of HOTS as an e-sport that one of the big names from NA (Tempo and C9) make the finals at Blizzcon for viewership numbers/further investment from Blizzard?

I feel like Liquid is a good draw too. MVP Black I dunno about, can see it going both ways. Thoughts?

kirblar

Just for speculation and hottakery...

Do you believe it's imperative for the health of HOTS as an e-sport that one of the big names from NA (Tempo and C9) make the finals at Blizzcon for viewership numbers/further investment from Blizzard?

I feel like Liquid is a good draw too. MVP Black I dunno about, can see it going both ways. Thoughts?
Not really, its still a relatively small scene for the game overall.

Alur

Not really, its still a relatively small scene for the game overall.

So you don't think the investment from fans into this event will influence how they build to world's next year?

I'm not so sure. On the one hand, it won't be on Twitch so I'd imagine the only one knowing the viewership will be Blizzard (can't remember if it it shows it on the digital stream or not). On the other, NA bias or not there's no doubt that Tempo Storm is the biggest draw, followed in some form or fashion by Team Liquid, C9, and maybe MVP Black.

I mean, you've talked a ton about ESL and Blizzard's ESPNification of e-sports. ESPNification of sports also includes the desire for the biggest draws to make the big games, much like how in sports broadcasting they'd prefer the Lakers and Celtics in the NBA finals and not the Hornets and Nuggets.

I feel like that has to have some bearing here, too. It'll definitely have a bearing on the number of people watching IMO. As you said, I don't know how many diehard HOTS watchers there are like us...but there are probably some who enjoy watching a team or two and if it's a bunch of foreign teams they've never heard of they could just check out. For those watching the digital stream, a name like Tempo Storm catches the eye from HS and the like and may keep someone on the fence interested for longer. /shrug. I dunno, just spitballing.

kirblar

They're using the same obnoxious structure (double-elim groups...into a single-elim bracket) so they'll be splitting C9/TS up this time. There's just no way to avoid the blow up if both teams decide to be Zuna for the day.

EU also appears to be the biggest market so far from the metrics we have available.

Alur

Agreed there on the market size based on hot doggies, but I dunno about actually tuning in.

Seems like more outsiders watch NA and boost those numbers than NA viewers watch Europe/Korean/etc broadcasts and boost those numbers.

Alur

That it is, but that also prevents people from being invested into any of those teams like they are the ones we watch often going in, wouldn't you agree?

People are very invested in the Tempo/C9/Liquid storylines. MVP Black has built in interest due to the win at MSI but it's not the same to the rest of the world as it is to those first three. Even the reddit threads on OGN's series barely get play. After that the next biggest name is who?

That's why I brought it up. The best way to grow the scene and draw viewers is for one of those first three to win or finish second. Beyond that it feels like it could be a missed opportunity due to how short sighted they were when making the single elimination format.

Alur

Milly79 and I just played a hero league game on the Brazilian SA server.

We had 250-500ms. Our teams deaths were 7, 10, 11, 4, 4. Guess who the lowest two were?

We had 14 kills. Enemy had 36.

We won anyway.

subwilde

A bunch of us are. Ketch, Turdburger, me. Maybe kirblar, not sure.

My favorite players power ranking:

Ketch >>>>>>>>>>>> Yoshichan = McIntyre >>> Oreoman = Glaurung = Fan >> Gundy (Gazlowe) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Protonium (on Rehgar) > Dreadnaught = Bakery >>>>>>>>༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つAMENO༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ>>>>>>>>>> Milly > subwilde

I'm gonna pretend I don't know how greater than signs work.....

;)

Alur

There's our answer on healing her if it's an issue:

[13] Couples Therapy - Couples Therapy While channeling Healing Beam you are healed for 25% of the healing amount at the cost of an additional 4 Mana per second.

Milly79

Tyrande's HEAL

50 seconds Heroic Stealth all allied Heroes and heal them for 507.19 ( 111.99 + 20.8 per level) over 8 seconds. At the conclusion of Shadowstalk, they receive a burst of 340 ( 74 + 14 per level) healing.

kirblar

Evolve Monstrosity: 4s cooldown? Wow.

ETC/Diablo/Chen all with buffs to talents/abilities. Curious about possible stat changes.

Kael'Thas is untouched.

Jo/Leoric both got waveclear nerfs. Leoric's death timer has been nerfed - healing is half as effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom