• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ketch

Overall think the patch looks goo, but very dissapointed in the lack of Falstead buffs, I'll be buying the parrot skin day 1 and would love to play him in hero league again, but it feels like he doesn't have a place anymore with Raynor fulfilling the anti tank, AA role and Jaina / Kerrigan providing much better burst dps. He feels a bit like he's stuck between two roles and you can't talent either enough to make him as good as someone else at it.

Possibly it's his mount / fly thing that prevents him being top tier?

Idk man. I think falstad is supremely underrated right now. His damage is real good, long range burst and slow and close range damage, you'd think he'd wreck the current melee heavy meta.

I think the reason he fell out of favor was all the burst from zera and KT, but the meta is kind of past that. To me falstad fills a very similar role to valla and should probably be picked more.

In general, I think that the ranged assassins with a dash should see a rise. Valla, tychus, falstad. I'm surprised they're not being picked more already (besides valla)

Maledict

Yep, the gathering power really didn't help him there at all. It's funny, it didn't touch Kael or Zeratul at all but slammed Nova and Falstead, two characters already much lower on the winning levels and pick rates.

He even still has a bugged talent they they never fixed.

I'd also disagree he has long ranged burst - what? His hammer is nice but incredibly hard to hit with compared to other skills, and certainly isn't burst. His ult is great but damage wise really pales compared to other abilities nowadays.

I'm going to play him because... Parrots! But I don't think a small buff would turn him into Jaina, Kael or Valla.

brian!

anyone trying to play
I'm soloing for the first time in months cuz i wanna check out munk and ppl arent around
and ive gone through like 3 6 min queues, shit is wack

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
link to all the artanis shit plz

Syf

Banned

Ketch

Dignitas has signed a HotS team, to be announced on Oct 1

http://www.redbull.com/uk/en/esports/stories/1331749513049/what-the-future-holds-for-team-dignitas

Also watching an interview, Sigaty says HotS will eventually get automated tournaments like Legacy of the Void now has. No word on when though. Grandmaster league is still on its way for HotS too. Says there's some exciting stuff coming at BlizzCon. And HotS will be getting a more official WCS-like system next year.

What interview is it?

Alavard

Confirmation in the interview that a chunk of the SC2 team just moved to heroes due to LOTV being just about done.

Excellent. Hopefully that means much more rapid development on some of the interface and infrastructure stuff (tourneys, grand master, guilds, etc).

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Morales looks amazing, and gameplay wise it will easily be my favorite healer (and probably hero since I mostly heal anyway), I say gameplay wise before Alur comes in and goes "BUT U SAID REXXAR LOL", Rexxar was me being a pet fanboy. Fucking love heal beams (TF 2 medic, SWTOR trooper, etc)

Artanis does nothing for me, im glad hes free with Legacy

edit: wait nvm Shadowstalk still stealths, and now also heals? damn

Llyranor

Both Medic and Arthanis sound cool.

I'm not seeing Medic replacing Monk as my fav healer, though. Monk is so freaking fun to play.

Arthanis's teleport swap E could be really good, depending on its range

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Grubby just posted his impressions on the PTR patch (mobile, can't link: Youtube, FollowGrubby)

kirblar

Just tried it out- definitely seemed to have less stuttering, though my framerate is still poop overall.

edit: Turn off Reverb too - doing both got me a clean game on Blackheart's with no real stuttering outside of the initial pirate ship. Hopefully it actually sticks.

Alur

He was streaming on twitch

You sure? He's only allowed to stream on MLG.tv unless he's co casting. I know his stream Friday was MLG for sure because it sends me a stupid email when he goes live because I signed up while watching his Titan Arena tournaments.

I've also seen him on Twitch on other people's streams while playing HOTS, dual streaming on MLG I guess you'd call it. If he truly was on Twitch on his own account maybe his contract expired?

You sure? He's only allowed to stream on MLG.tv unless he's co casting. I know his stream Friday was MLG for sure because it sends me a stupid email when he goes live because I signed up while watching his Titan Arena tournaments.

I've also seen him on Twitch on other people's streams while playing HOTS, dual streaming on MLG I guess you'd call it. If he truly was on Twitch on his own account maybe his contract expired?

Yeah absolutely http://www.twitch.tv/schamtoo. He cast some EU open games from that twitch channel too the next day he was co casting with Grubby. I don't watch MLG, Twitch is enough of a hassle

Syf

Banned
Someone on Reddit believes they fixed their FPS issues by putting Sound Quality on Medium: https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/3mk50p/so_somehow_i_fixed_the_fps_problem_that_has/

Given all the issues we had with accidental soundcard bans, this being true would not surprise me.

edit: LOL "Higher quality settings may increase fidelity but slow down the game" holy shit.
I just tried this and disabled reverb, and my FPS was almost always above 100 with one dip to ~70 during a big team fight. Smoothest time I've had with HotS by far.

Alur

Altairre

So after watching a ton of hots over the last few weeks and playing a fair amount of it too the most frustrating thing for me is when I know what we're doing wrong but I can't stop it. I try to communicate with the team in a friendly manner but it usually doesn't help much because for some reason nobody uses the chat (except to be toxic). The games where the team does communicate are those we're already winning most of the time. Either you're stomping or you're getting stomped, close games are extremely rare which is a shame.

I remember the highs of watching The International and then going back to All-Pick and even Ranked and just being sad.

"YEAH I'M GONNA PLAY SOME DOTA AFTER WATCHING EIGHT HOURS OF PRO PLAY"

First ranked match of the evening, a random 5th Picks Offlane Sniper when we need another support and proceeds to feed for the next 10 minutes and basically throws the game.

Fuck.

You've got to learn to try and be kinda zen about pubbing with randoms. And it's not easy. Some teams of randoms will work well together, others won't but look at what you're comparing your matches to. A group of random people of varying skill levels that play for fun for a few hours each week (or day) versus a group of five that practices and plays together for hours a day, every day, every week for months.

Yoshichan

Dat PTR hype is real.

Straight into my veins, medic. Straight. into. me. veins.

details plz, when exactly is it live?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom