• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dang sleeper tourney on the new patch... Wonder why they didn't mention it on THH.

Yep. That matchup totally proves your point. My mistake

It did? Actually didn't watch since there's 2 MtG tourneys going on atm. Just looked at the build when I tuned in.

It's really weird how under the radar it is, it's on the reddit sidebar but there's no sticky. THH barely promoted it, Blizzard didn't promote it, reddit barely promotes it.

kirblar

It did? Actually didn't watch since there's 2 MtG tourneys going on atm. Just looked at the build when I tuned in.

It's really weird how under the radar it is, it's on the reddit sidebar but there's no sticky. THH barely promoted it, Blizzard didn't promote it, reddit barely promotes it.
Not-Blizzard/EPL tournaments currently have a huge issue getting noticed.

Alur

Who are the top 5 NA competitive players?

Like there has been McIntyre GAF fan club, the Blackscorp hypetrain, along with some Oreoman, Fan, and Merryday (until the Korean finals).

Really though, I've never heard folks talk about a player like we have about Blackscorp, even though arguably he's in the same boat as Glaurung - good at Zera and Illidan, okay at some other things, but that's about it.

So who are our best players? Who would you build a team out of from NA?

King Caffeine and Dreadnaught are probably givens (at least as far as I'm concerned). Who are the flex/assassins though?

Ketch

Who are the top 5 NA competitive players?

Like there has been McIntyre GAF fan club, the Blackscorp hypetrain, along with some Oreoman, Fan, and Merryday (until the Korean finals).

Really though, I've never heard folks talk about a player like we have about Blackscorp, even though arguably he's in the same boat as Glaurung - good at Zera and Illidan, okay at some other things, but that's about it.

So who are our best players? Who would you build a team out of from NA?

King Caffeine and Dreadnaught are probably givens (at least as far as I'm concerned). Who are the flex/assassins though?

I dream king caffeine k1pro arthelon dreadnaught

McIntyre..... Maybe (probably not?) haven't seen him in competitive for so long it's hard to tell

C9 getting judo flipped right now

Medic must be banned here right?

Ketch

Yea fan is really good at abathur

The plays coming out of team blaze in that last match were exactly what they needed to make that strategy work. They're playing out of their minds. Let's see if they can do it two games in a row to pull off a crazy upset

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
In how many hours do the EU dailies show up?

Alur

Fan is pretty good either way. Ranged or melee, but it was after he went ranged/flex and iDream went melee that they really took off against TS.

I think I'd go:

KingCaffeine/Dreadnaught(C)/Fan (flex)/k1pro/iDream

IMO k1pro and Arthelon overlap as they both play ranged and I think k1pro is the better of the two, at least of late.

Ketch

I don't think fan rates

He's good but not top 5 good

I think kaeyoh is better than fan.

I think fan is Zuna tier. He's more consistent then Zuna but Zuna makes plays that fan can't because of it

Alur

I dunno man, agree to disagree I guess.

I haven't seen Fan die a ton in a game a-la Zuna since right after he joined C9M. Once they made the swap in roles between him and iDream he's won them some on his own with Abathur and provided a lot better utility via flex than iDream did (and iDream summarily has done the same with melee). Kaeyoh is the only other decent Abathur I can think of in NA and even Zoia said he doesn't hold a candle.

I don't find Kaeyoh to be anything special, but that's the majority of Tempo Storm in a nutshell. All just solid players who follow the plan.

EDIT: I'd definitely take Fan over Zuna at the very least. One has reached his potential and been there for some time (and may even be regressing). The other (Fan) continues to get better and better and more diverse and he's already at that level, meaning he can likely achieve more.

50 coins lol

giphy.gif

Ketch

I wouldn't say Zuna is better then fan. Just that Keayoh arth glaurang and Mac are better then both.

Has MATRE always been on col?

Who from col was on THH about two weeks ago?

edit: it was blinks and hons. so I guess matre is just standing in? or col has had a roster change?

Maledict

I dream king caffeine k1pro arthelon dreadnaught

McIntyre..... Maybe (probably not?) haven't seen him in competitive for so long it's hard to tell

C9 getting judo flipped right now

Medic must be banned here right?

Judging from THH none of the top level supports think she's worth a damn anyway, so it might be that they just aren't running her.

Funny how it's worked out - everyone was sceptical of Kharazim yet he's found a clear place, whilst everyone thought medic would be op and she's turning out to be a lot weaker than anticipated,

patchday

did they change how Quests are distributed? Last I remember, you only got 1 quest a day. Now it seems like every day I get a full quest log. Was this changed recently (within past 3 months)?

Syf

Banned
did they change how Quests are distributed? Last I remember, you only got 1 quest a day. Now it seems like every day I get a full quest log. Was this changed recently (within past 3 months)?
You can get more than one quest if you've missed a day or two.

So this is most likely me reading way too much into a bunch of stuff, anyways here goes. Khaldor posted a video talking about the competitive scene and how the teams not making it to blizzcon are about to make roster changes evident by players reaching out looking for new teams to pick them up. Not too surprising but he also said including Team Liquid.

Now EPL comes into play which Blackscorp has been streaming (possibly also organizing) making us privy to listening in on the teamspeak and there was a peculiar dialogue I didn't put much thought towards but struck me as odd.

It went something like this

- So Team Liquid is playing at [some event]

- Yeah

- are you gonna play?

- I don't know.

Now I'm probably just reading too much into it but I also haven't seen any other TL member in the EPL.

TL;DR Blackscorp might have been let go

Alur

TL;DR Blackscorp might have been let go

Blackscorp getting the same treatment McIntyre and Glaurung did? Not really surprised I guess. They are amazing at what they play, but they are (or were) all stuck on playing those set heroes and it works to the detriment of their team against the other true top teams after a while. Too easy to counter when you know it's coming.

That's what I was referring to earlier with Fan. He's shown he can branch way out beyond being known for his Illidan play in Dorm and actually win with it on range and flex and Abathur.

Glaurung, Mc, and Blackscorp never really transitioned to other non-melee assassins successfully as well as they did with their Zera/Kerri/Illi baes.

Top 5?

iDream, KingCaffeine, Fan, Dunktrain and k1pro

Easy

At least you are consistent. Lol

TDLink

Thanks to those of you that gave me the starter pack tips. Not completely sold yet, but i guess it's the only way for now, huh?

Syracuse to COG, bKid to Kappa, it's just the beginning.

The entire EU scene looks to be shaken up. Kunichan kicked from VP, 2 Liquid players may leave, fnatic looks like it will make changes too.

Whoever asked about Matre I would be 99% sure he was just subbing. Did he play for Blinks? I didn't watch any of the matches

I think mc is a better overall player than Blackscorp but I'd take Blackscorp on Illidan and Zeratul over anybody. But I suppose that's the problem. You have to be multidimensional these days with so many changes to heroes with each patch. Macs plan is to wait until after blizzcon but if an opprtunity comes I'm sure he'd take it. He's also been open to talking to EU teams since he gets better ping on EU than US8 lol

I think k1pro, Arthelon and iDream are the best assassin players in NA, and I'd probably stick McIntyre and Glaurung right behind them. I think Glaurung is insanely talented and I think macs hero pool is way more diverse than people realize or give him credit for.

Celegus

0-4 tonight in HL... oddly enough the theme of the night was every game having a Stitches on my team that insisted on running around by himself and then running into teamfights alone after we wiped. All of them.

Ketch

Syracuse to COG, bKid to Kappa, it's just the beginning.

The entire EU scene looks to be shaken up. Kunichan kicked from VP, 2 Liquid players may leave, fnatic looks like it will make changes too.

Whoever asked about Matre I would be 99% sure he was just subbing. Did he play for Blinks? I didn't watch any of the matches

I think mc is a better overall player than Blackscorp but I'd take Blackscorp on Illidan and Zeratul over anybody. But I suppose that's the problem. You have to be multidimensional these days with so many changes to heroes with each patch. Macs plan is to wait until after blizzcon but if an opprtunity comes I'm sure he'd take it. He's also been open to talking to EU teams since he gets better ping on EU than US8 lol

I think k1pro, Arthelon and iDream are the best assassin players in NA, and I'd probably stick McIntyre and Glaurung right behind them. I think Glaurung is insanely talented and I think macs hero pool is way more diverse than people realize or give him credit for.

I agree with everything your saying. Surprised that the shake ups are coming before blizzcon, I guess all the teams that are swappin around are already out of the running since it's just C9 and TS from na right?

What is actually going on with mac? is he gettin offers and stuff? do you think he's gonna go to some low rent team that unsponsored?

Like he's not gonna go back to col. it seems like both cog and murlocs are pretty tight groups. I honestly can't see c9 swapping things around until after they get a team house (they have to be getting a team house right?) Tempo is probably not gonna drop zuna right? whose left that might be talking to mac? 2arc? unless he goes to some unsponsored team.... which I guess he could do.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
seems like my win streak came to an end. out of like 20 games, i lost maybe 3, all in hero league. just lost 2 in a row today.

quick match was a different story. losing all month

I agree with everything your saying. Surprised that the shake ups are coming before blizzcon, I guess all the teams that are swappin around are already out of the running since it's just C9 and TS from na right?

What is actually going on with mac? is he gettin offers and stuff? do you think he's gonna go to some low rent team that unsponsored?

Like he's not gonna go back to col. it seems like both cog and murlocs are pretty tight groups. I honestly can't see c9 swapping things around until after they get a team house (they have to be getting a team house right?) Tempo is probably not gonna drop zuna right? whose left that might be talking to mac? 2arc? unless he goes to some unsponsored team.... which I guess he could do.

This is true but COG just made a swap with Syracuse and Murlocs may or may not stay together beyond Blizzcon if they can't find a sponsor. The teams going to Blizzcon are locked into their rosters. I think there's a very good chance TS makes a change if they perform badly at Blizzcon.

Mac is waiting on either an offer from a top tier stable team or enough top tier players to make another team with and get picked up by a sponsor in the post Blizzcon shuffle. The other thing to remember about Blizzcon is they are likely going to talk about 2016 HOTS esports plans so it'll give teams and sponsors a better idea of what exactly they're playing for. Sponsor interest will probably skyrocket after that as they will want to sign the top teams in anticipation for 2016 but right now with 2016 esports plans unclear and no meaningful tournaments to put their team into due to Blizzcon there's virtually no sponsor interest as you're discovering with Murlocs.

There are a lot of big time NA orgs interested in hots but it's only smart to wait. Archon wants to sign a team for 2016, TSM could get involved if Blizzard shows the money and a top team is available, and EG is still out there lurking.

Alur

There are a lot of big time NA orgs interested in hots but it's only smart to wait. Archon wants to sign a team for 2016, TSM could get involved if Blizzard shows the money and a top team is available, and EG is still out there lurking.

Core? Core?! Core! DO WE WIN? GUYS DO WE WIN ?!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wait, wait, wait... overhealing as Medic doesn't consume mana?

Yoshichan

Ok and it doesn't take mana when I give them shield (at full health with talent) either, right?

Skab

This games community is terrible. Why do people have to be so fucking awful to each other over a fucking video game?

I'm starting to think I should just stop playing them all together.

So Gamers 2 apparently partnered with Kinguin after their team disbanded.

And Gela was either picked up, is trying out or is subbing in for Virtus Pro after Kunichan was cut.

Their draft made no sense VP first picked Jaina after banning Leoric, giving Uther to G2. Looking good for them so far though.

http://www.twitch.tv/esl_heroes

Damn Andylendi just did the sickest juke with Jaina. Iceblock the gravity lapse immediately blink the entangling roots and phoenix.

Liquid forfeited their match against roccat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom