• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ketch

this is total utter bs.

they should have to redraft.

and if they're not redrafting they should be forced to pick the same talents they had before.

Ketch

what's weird about it

they played for like 15 minutes, team YL had a great early game, but just lost a big team fight which probably would have swung it hard into dignitas favor. pause -> regame, same draft. team YL gets two chances.

and it's completely 100% due to their shitty reconnect system.

Alur

By the same token Dignitas now knows how they intend to play and can counter them better. It goes both ways. This has happened several times before in other tournaments. Just kinda is what it is.

Ketch

By the same token Dignitas now knows how they intend to play and can counter them better. It goes both ways. This has happened several times before in other tournaments. Just kinda is what it is.

it doesn't go both ways though. there's two chances at early game, with only one chance at late game. it really sucks for the azmodan team.

they should have redraft. it's total bullshit.

like their entire draft is based around winning early... but they didn't win early. they shouldn't get another chance for free.

edit: and tryande goes with a different talent build. bullshit.

brian!

dam doesnt kerrigan know that ham is rank 1 carcinogen now

redraft is iffy, once a comp is exposed you can draft around it, and it has nothing to do w/ in-game problems

are yall in this twitch room or is it just me

Maledict

Well Blizzard just showed they aren't in any way ready to run an export with that game.

Utterly fucking shocking they can have it disconnect and then have to replay the entire game like that.

Alur

I dunno why you dudes are shocked.

THH went deep on this not that long ago when it happened in another tournament. Those are the rules and whoever is admining makes the call after consulting with both teams. It was BOB? last time as well I think.

IIRC Zoia or one of them was going off about it and when he asked Bakery on THH he said fuck yeah he wanted a re-game, because the dc may have cost them experience in that scenario even though his team was ahead.

It's not like they just say suck it up kids with no back and forth.

Maledict

The fact that it crashes in the first place is ridiculous. Maybe I'm just ignorant, but I've never seen this happen at the Invitational.

Secondly, the fact they couldn't redraft isn't fair at all. YL chose different talents on Tyrande in the second game, in particular the healing talent at 13, and that makes the game different. Dignitas was clearly winning the first game and then they lost the second.

Alur

The talent thing is true, but /shrug.

IMO Dignitas saw what they were running and how they wanted to do it and still got rekt by it the second time around. Outdrafted or not, you gotta adapt. They didn't.

Ketch

The fact that it crashes in the first place is ridiculous. Maybe I'm just ignorant, but I've never seen this happen at the Invitational.

Secondly, the fact they couldn't redraft isn't fair at all. YL chose different talents on Tyrande in the second game, in particular the healing talent at 13, and that makes the game different. Dignitas was clearly winning the first game and then they lost the second.

happens in dota all the time. not during the international main event, but definetly multiple times during the run up to the international last year with the DDOS's and shit. there's a famous GIF of KOTLGuy (dota caster) losing his shit after another disconnect in a game that had already stretched to like 3-4 hours.

@alur yes regame is appropriate. regame with the same drafts is utter bullshit. They were like in the exact same position at the 15 minute mark the first game, except diginitas won the pivotal fight in the first game and lost the fight in the second game. YL got a second chance after Dignitas basically thwarted their strat the first time.

Syf

Banned
I know everyone is talking about the tourney, but on a side note, man, Buccaneer Falstad is amazing.
this is very true

still though their big esports plans for 2016 better include defined rules for this situation, a reconnect system that isn't a joke from the 90s, and drafting that doesn't involve a tourney volunteer holding a tablet for the team

Alur

Like I've said two or three times now, the rules are defined. This has happened before.

There's a difference between not having defined rules and having defined rules you don't agree with.

Ketch

I'm at the rink with my son for his practice so it's all on HOTSGAF to keep me updated. What's the series at now?

team YL went haunted mines and got syvl and then proceeded to give away the most OP draft I've seen in awhile (sonya/uther + KT/ETC + valla). and then YL died a lot and lost real bad.

brian!

blizzard giving cooby a warning, like the community wanted to see him cast w/ jake but blizz never wanted to hire him

yNbxKPX.png

Syf

Banned
hahah it's more that I'm a big sc2 fan so I love DK's players, especially sniper. not exactly a fan of ts either though

brian!

it's not looking likely, TS making a lot of mistakes

ts playing great against abby
wait its solo chen, i dunno whats going on

ts played really well, dk played solo chen
i dont think they were expecting a zeratul pick for some reason

The sound effects on the stream seem excessively loud compared to everything else, especially the casters. Like the sound effects that come with parts of the overlay, not in game.

Alur

If TS did manage to pull this shit off, it'd be as surprising as when Barrelboys got picked up by Complexity and utilized Diablo to body everyone in Titan Arena II and win their first and only tournament against C9 and TS.

Alur

Much better than expected. One fight away, they just didn't have the sustain and DK did. Kept outlasting em every fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom