• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian!

when things go south for them it really is like a chain reaction tho, arth started hitting one person cold embraces, kaeyoh and zuna kept getting too thirsty, dread got his "team?" moment when they left blink heal range and let him die. soldier did a lot better this game tho, every entomb was nice i think

zuna dying right as dread was coming back is one of those qm I know how you feel moments

Ketch

damn. I feel like that might have been the moment of truth for TS.

chances of them getting their shit together have dropped to all time low.

dmosher

Yep, I still feel like the common denominator in their failures is Zuna. He was way out of position a few times in that 3rd game and not being there with VP for a teamfight pretty much guarantees an inability to engage until he's back.

Dread also played pretty poorly in game 3 but that's uncharacteristic of him. :\

brian!

for me the moment went things went bad in game 3 was when kaeyoh got caught out at bot, and then a second time in front of the bushes

kaeyoh's positioning was booty that game

zuna trading himself for muradin twice in 1 game doesnt help at all for sure tho

Alur

Come on brehs. This C9 trailer is like subtle shots fired at Tempo Storm, yes?

All talking about how chill they are, and how goofy and how they hang out after practice together and shit. I hope it is. I love dat shit.

Alur

nQNQYM3.gif

I can't see if anyone is even in that channel Ketch. And no one has said a word.

I need to take the time to make videos of replays. Had an Illidan chase me in a circle through the fog by the boss on Booty Bay and I killed him with mines and locusts because he was convinced he was going to catch me.

From what I heard about it the stupidity with that team reached asinine levels just before and for awhile after the amercias championship

You'll recall dreadnaughts stupid awkward drafts in MSI, and then Zunas horrific play in the NA regional, then the teams "vacation" after the regional

I've heard they had about two weeks of good practice for blizzcon after refocusing and refiguring the order of egos on that team but they're so clearly behind the teams who didn't have problems.

I'm sure zoia talking publicly about it was part to raise awareness to the roster lock but also to part provide a cushion/excuse for their inevitable subpar play to perhaps take some pressure and expectations off of the team to help them out a bit

Ketch

What is this shit? HM is the worst

This is what I expected in the dk v dig game earlier. Why not ban sylvanas on mines?

Why did they do this all in a single day, who can watch a tournament for 12 hours.

I hope the international teams had time to adjust to the time differences. The last games were like at 4 in the morning for us. Can't believe Dignitas lost to C9 looked like they had it in the bag game 2 and now they'll have to face Navi at Blizzcon. Their comp was so vulnerable to VPs.

Alur

Why did they do this all in a single day, who can watch a tournament for 12 hours.

I hope the international teams had time to adjust to the time differences. The last games were like at 4 in the morning for us. Can't believe Dignitas lost to C9 looked like they had it in the bag game 2 and now they'll have to face Navi at Blizzcon. Their comp was so vulnerable to VPs.

No clue on the first.

On the latter, in game 2 they were up something like 4-2 with Medic respawning soon + Medic having medivac to rejoin them and chose not to try and end the game even though they had a free shot at the core after kiling the keep. In the GAF chat we were like "they should've ended, that's gonna come back and bite them". Sure enough, it did.

No matter how good you are, if you are a non Korean team you should avoid repeatedly team fighting C9. It just doesn't work. They always seem to find a way. Dig continually got wiped while pushing with objectives in both games, and then that inexplicable early medivac throw by Bakery followed by adrd hanging around and dying on Tassadar was...something.

I really didn't think Dignitas would put up as much of a fight as they did against C9 as Na'Vi seems to be the better matchup there, while Tempo was the better matchup for Dig IMO (of the NA teams).

I mean, if you really think about it, Cloud 9 literally Tempo Storm'd the Dignitas team two games in a row. Fall behind, win a decisive team fight or two, win game. Honestly I think it bodes well for C9 moving forward. They only ever win by snowballing typically, this was a new thing.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wait, I accidentally hovered over something in top (Dragon map) and this showed up, what is it?

mEurIBI.jpg

brian!

Both medic games i saw had a lot of missed medivac oppurtunities, a lot of them used it pretty passively, having two camps on opposite sides of the map ping within seconds is hilarious tho. I love how the enemy team flips out and runs back every time it comes out too, one of the teams used it for that reason and it was great

Honestly I'm surprised, I thought Dignitas was the better team in a vacuum.

They were probably scared of wiping at their core and losing which would probably have happened had they flown in.
Their team wasn't particularly good at disengaging and they had nothing that'd stop C9 from getting out of the Hall.
If they had Leoric or ETC it'd have been a done deal.

Hope they'll get another shot but Navi is tough for them to beat.

Alur

Honestly I'm surprised, I thought Dignitas was the better team in a vacuum.

I dunno. I think you give them a little too much credit, at least when facing C9. You also felt TL was there too for a quite some time after it was clear they weren't up to snuff. C9 would've likely won the first game if they hadn't went with that ill-advised Tass/Tyrande comp. They hung in level wise it despite never winning a fight, being down double digit kills and facing Abathur soak. IMO it's just a bad matchup.

I don't think C9 or DK play a way that is conducive to Dignitas winning 50% or more of the time. They both play ruthlessly and when I watch Dig I see a team that plays like a more consistent Tempo Storm through all phases of the game (instead of TS merely being strong late), not a team that is ruthless and will exploit weakness early or late and take risks because their team fight is superior to everyone else's. That worked for Tempo forever, but it doesn't seem to work near as well in the past month or two for anyone.

And then there's the Navi matchup which is presumably their bane. I think they are a great team, but maybe it's not their time with the way things currently sit power/meta wise.

EDIT: I should add that after watching yesterday I feel like it's Navi's tournament to lose. They out Korean'd the Koreans, they will likely body Dignitas again. I feel like by beating DK they have shown they can beat C9, and C9 is the only top team left they haven't conquered.

I stand by that, TL was still there back then, they had their weird drafts and all but they were also the only team to take a single game off MVP Black. People say C9 would have done better but there is zero reference for that. A beat B and B beat C doesn't make A better than C.

I also said I thought Dignitas was the better team. Looking at game 2 Dig was at least on par, they won a couple fights despite losing medic early and facing devastating VPs.
Haven't gotten to watch game 3 yet and fell asleep during game 1 both times I watched it, so my opinion is prone to change though.

It is absolutely NaVi's tournament to lose, they'll most likely win against Dig so they're pretty cemented into the finals already

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom