• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
If you did your patented desk judo chop or lamp destruction, etc
I just died

Alavard

Free rotation for November 10th - November 17th:

Chen
Malfurion
Thrall
Tyrael
Valla

Unlocked level 12: Sergeant Hammer
Unlocked level 15: Lt. Morales

Cool, I'll finally get to try out the Medic in actual games!

That's a bit of an awkward warrior week.

Sometimes I try to play heroes in QM that will counter the free heroes. I'm thinking this could be a good week for Anub'Arak and Brightwing. Lots of CC to screw over Chen and Thrall.

Alur

I just died

You gonna stream for us Yoshi? I wanna see Yoshichan does Hero League and Yoshichan does Overwatch. 10/10 would pay as first sub to channel.

V63sgnL.gif

Not even joking. Doooo it.

brian!

That's a bit of an awkward warrior week.

Sometimes I try to play heroes in QM that will counter the free heroes. I'm thinking this could be a good week for Anub'Arak and Brightwing. Lots of CC to screw over Chen and Thrall.

Yeh good choices, theyll probably be a lot of medics so you might want something to deal w/ that too

kirblar

IIRC from what Zoia or one of them had said one of the players no longer wanted to play HOTS at all. Since we know Arthelon already has a team, I'd assume that's Zuna.

And yeah I'd like to see TSM too. Need someone to compete with TS for ultimate heel team.
Not HOTS but just competitive gaming. Surprised that was Zuna, but it sort of syncs with his tiltiness in competitive play.

Alur

Ah yeah you are right. It was competitive play, my bad.

Can't blame him. Dude gets shit on via Twitch and reddit (and probably Twitter) constantly. He's like the Heroes of the Storm version of Tony Romo. No matter what he does it'll never be good enough.

brian!

I mean even when dread was caught out in those games chat would be all dread is zunaaa???? Like im sure he has a hard skin, but yeah id be outie 5000 immediately i think. Id be surprised if he doesnt come back at some point tho

Ketch

Sitting here pining about his team management capabilities based solely on what was clearly a decision made in coordination with Reynad to talk about the issues publicly is ludicrous.

Maybe I'm misrepresenting myself. but I'm basing my opinion of Zoia being a shitty team manager on his constantly shitty behavior on THH and the total implosion of one of the best teams in the world right before the biggest event of the year.

Even if he's just playing a character on TTH, shit talking other teams and calling out players on other teams specifically as making misplays is fine and hilarious as a talk show host... but completely shitty as a team manager for another team in the scene. Even then, if it was an occasional thing that happened in passing when he's interviewed or something it could still pass as a "haha shots fired this guy is hilarious" kind of thing. But he does it week in/week out on as a regular host of an esports talk show. In my opinion that makes him a shitty team manager, and I wouldn't want him representing me if I was a player on that team. Imagine any other team manager/coach from any other sport or community acting like that... they'd be fucking roasted.

Then consider that he also didn't do a very good job of keeping the team together and happy. And he's response was to blame it on someone else. Even if there was nothing he could do (which is probably bullshit), and even if it is a shitty policy (which is probably true), when you stand up on a public forum as a professional representative and point fingers at other people it automatically makes you a douche. And you're right, it is an issue with HotS that needed to be addressed, but that's exactly why he shouldn't be a regular host of THH and the team manager for TS at the same time. You either represent the public or your represent the team, but trying to both makes you bad at one or the other.

Honestly I hope Mac stays far away from that shit stain of an organization.

Actually, now that we've framed it this way, me too. Unless they get rid of zoia. or maybe those 4 players combine under a different organization.

Also, this is hilarious:
None of us know anything about the internal workings of that team.... Zoia likely held that team together on a day-to-day basis.... Zoia doesn't talk about that stuff without talking to Reynad about it first... They [Arthelon and Zuna] clearly didn't like Dreadnaught and didn't see eye to eye with him and his team leadership.

.... ?

Ketch

Yea i agree. I wonder if they were forced to live there, or if they all chose to and then it turned into a situation where they were dependent on it and couldn't move out.

the team house should be an option for players who want/need to live there... but being forced to be roommates with people can turn real bad real fast.

Alavard

An office would be a better idea, but then you have to pony up for as many as 5 or 6 apartments if you wanted to use it regularly. You could use it only for big tournaments and just fly them in and put them up in a hotel, though.

k1pro chosen by Red Bull eSports as the MVP of Heroes of the Storm at Blizzcon. Pretty good choice. He didn't die at all in the finals. 2 stronk.

Makes sense. I was in complete awe of his Falstad play. So many unbelievably perfect barrel rolls, not to mention the mighty gusts and flights.

brian!

Yeah in na league has weekly games during the split and they are all around la so it's easier to invest into something like that (and it's mainly the more affluent orgs who have done so).

Alur

That's something I was gonna ask about.

I know they have the spring and summer split and it's all LAN...so where the hell do they all live if they aren't in team houses? Aren't they still paying for accomodations for these kids anyway?

I know there are some who do use the team house or a version of it, but what about the rest? Seems expensive.

brian!

Every lcs team has a house afaik, orgs will usually pay the rent and living expenses, players (or orgs? I think it's players ho) are salaried by riot, salaried by their orgs (think tsm pays the most in na and is the only one to offer health insurance), but they probably lose a cut of their stream revenue (? not sure here and a lot of ppl dont stream).

I believe reynad pays for rent and living expenses also

Alur

I guess it's a double edged sword.

It's great for the player because they have no expenses and no concerns outside of playing the game and whatever they do with their free time, but it's also terrible because even in the free time they are still together. No space, no getting away.

When I was checking Twitter I found it pretty interesting that even though they don't have a team house, a lot of the C9 players have "Bay Area" as their location.

I fucking hate when I forget that I was queued up for Versus AI (to clear quests quickly) and then next time I login want to do a Quick Match but click "ready" before checking the mode. Then I notice it but the fucking queue is only 2 seconds long so I can't cancel in time.

Yay... Versus AI as Abathur. Literally let out a vocal "FUCK!"

Alur

LMAO, I do this to Milly and Proto all the time.

"Wow that queue was quick!" and then "Shit, forgot to change it to QM sorry guise".

Well at least you can try out that Slapathur you wanted to have a go with.

TDLink

Haunted Mines is the worst map in the game period. It's smaller than the rest and very snowbally due to the golems resuming where they were killed. Because of this even "losing" the golem fight can still be good if you win the first one. I seriously hate the map. Don't have that problem with any other battleground.

Kenaras

Mines are the absolute god damn worst AI games.

I've been doing a lot of vs AI recently for quick questing. I've never yet had a Haunted Mines game where the team was willing to push the golem lane. Every single time, they just pretend that lane doesn't exist and push the enemy golem lane instead. All game long. Why do they do this? Why?!

Milly79

Haunted Mines is the worst map in the game period. It's smaller than the rest and very snowbally due to the golems resuming where they were killed. Because of this even "losing" the golem fight can still be good if you win the first one. I seriously hate the map. Don't have that problem with any other battleground.

I can't argue with you there. It's my least favorite as well. It's just downright dreadful against bots.

V_Arnold

Eh, I feel so sad about this game.

I kept coming back to it every few months, but the animations just turned me away from it constantly.

And then I see videos, and think "that is not how it plays on my rig", and redownload, hoping for something.

I always played it on full minimum.
And now it hit me to check the fps. It is actually fluctuating between 30-60fps, ALL MINIMUM. The engine cant handle a quick change between map positions with my camera. It is insanity.

Just checked, even DOTA 2 holds it to a full 60fps when everything is set to minimum. THAT is what introduces this junkiness to the animations that just weirds me out when comparing to LoL.

Any tips how to solve this other than "get a new comp"? I have a HD7770 and an FX-6300. Win10, DX12. It is just bullshit. This game should not perform around the edge of 60fps with using a res below my native (1200*800 instead of 1680*1050), all set low. It just should not.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Yay... Versus AI as Abathur. Literally let out a vocal "FUCK!"

What sucks about Abathur in AI games is that they almost always end before you get to the high levels, and that's where Abathur really comes into his power, so you never really get to play as a complete Abathur. But in QM's I feel like a liability to my team if I'm Abathur.

But then eh, I don't know these people, screw em, LOL.

brian!

That was pretty much my thought process when i queued as abathur last night

Blizz considering qm mmr reset, if the mm changes they make end up being a good change in practice a reset could solve a lot of woes for da player base

Oh but no reset planned for this year, i cant keep up with these via reddit tweets

Maledict

The change to hero league and group queing was absolutely necessery - but it has really killed my group. Turns out we were most often 3s or 4s, and quick match has become so unfun and so horrific we actually just wont play it anymore.

kirblar

The change to hero league and group queing was absolutely necessery - but it has really killed my group. Turns out we were most often 3s or 4s, and quick match has become so unfun and so horrific we actually just wont play it anymore.
Unranked draft really needs to get in the game.

It dit not killed my group but there is less fun because the 2 or 3 added hero by the matchmaker makes often for awful comp against balanced comp.

Maledict

Which is why we aren't playing as much - because quick match is fundamentally broken. I honestly don't know why it's taken so long to fix, but can you imagine how many players they've lost because their first few games were garbage comps which the current match maker seems to throw up 4 times out of 5?

Problem is when we do have 5, we'll all so rusty we play dreadfully and lose anyways... ;-)

Alur

Eh, I feel so sad about this game.

I kept coming back to it every few months, but the animations just turned me away from it constantly.

And then I see videos, and think "that is not how it plays on my rig", and redownload, hoping for something.

I always played it on full minimum.
And now it hit me to check the fps. It is actually fluctuating between 30-60fps, ALL MINIMUM. The engine cant handle a quick change between map positions with my camera. It is insanity.

Just checked, even DOTA 2 holds it to a full 60fps when everything is set to minimum. THAT is what introduces this junkiness to the animations that just weirds me out when comparing to LoL.

Any tips how to solve this other than "get a new comp"? I have a HD7770 and an FX-6300. Win10, DX12. It is just bullshit. This game should not perform around the edge of 60fps with using a res below my native (1200*800 instead of 1680*1050), all set low. It just should not.

What kirblar said:

Sound settings. Turn off reverb, turn quality to medium. It should help.

This fixed a lot of people's issues. If not completely, at least to some degree.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
also that Reddit bit on Mcintyre is just a reddidiot who was thinking of Bang Bang and is 6 weeks behind on what was going on.

He hadn't been talking to any teams seriously prior to Blizzcon

I think he'll have his choice on where to go, but my bets are that he ends up with Arthelon's new unit.

Alur

Finally added this beaut of a portrait to my account:

mhZJLVsNSbIMmF04jqS_vfg.jpg

I made something for you bb:

XAbqnhw.jpg
Qwqwjh0.jpg

Happy World Championship! (first one is cropped to GAF size, the other is stubby version that is a bit shorter than GAF's 100x120)

Garden is worst map. What an ass dragging shitshow.

He-hey man! Haunted Mines is very offended. It has worked for more than a year to get the rep as worst around and you throw it away just like that? Cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom