• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maledict

Time for a controversial opinion I've held for a long time but watching Blizzcon confirmed it for me.

Murky is a fundamentally flawed hero design wise, and shouldn't be in the game in his current form. He is toxically unfun to play against, and no adjusting his numbers will change that. Whilst I know people love playing him, he is without exception my most hated hero to play against - partly due to his stupid power level later on, but mostly because there is no counterplay and his basic kit is dumb as hell. He's like 4chan troll character in its purest form.

I utterly loathe murky, and don't think there's a healthy place for that type of character in a MOBA.

TDLink

Garden is worst map. What an ass dragging shitshow.

As far as personal enjoyment goes, for me the maps shakedown to this:

Sky Temple >>> Infernal Shrines = Cursed Hollow > Dragon Shire = Tomb of the Spider Queen > Battlefield of Eternity > Garden of Terror >>> Blackheart's Bay >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Haunted Mines

Garden is fine. The problem is a lot of people have no idea how to properly utilize the plant, and those people tend to insist on running back and getting it. It is one of my least favourite "okay" maps though as you can see. Really I like most of the maps and don't mind playing on them. It's just Haunted Mines and to a lesser extent Blackheart's Bay (although I really like the concept behind that one, it just requires fundamentally very different play from all of the others...which most people don't adhere too).

I think I enjoy all the maps, but some of the ones that have been in since Beta i've just played a bit too much of. Cursed Hollow is probably my overall favourite from the pre-launch bunch.

Alur

...wut

Sheth, Erho, Biceps, Jintae, and .... McIntyre

Rekt. Why does he keep going back to Erho? They don't really get along and dude can't stay on one team for more than a few weeks.

Edit: to be clear it seems like no one can get along with Erho despite his skill. Not just Mac.

I must be nuts, Blackheart and Mines are two maps with my highest winrates

Garden is too damn big and too damn boring. It's like Mines was in alpha, only they've never fixed it.

I put Garden and Dragon Shire on the bottom for me because they are the two maps that if both teams play well it actually interferes with the mechanic.

Edit: I guess I should say drags out, not interferes, since interference is sort of the point.

And yes, mines is better now than it was in alpha anyway. The worst thing about mines is that it's still viable to ignore the objective late and push while the other team is getting skulls.

Time for a controversial opinion I've held for a long time but watching Blizzcon confirmed it for me.

Murky is a fundamentally flawed hero design wise, and shouldn't be in the game in his current form. He is toxically unfun to play against, and no adjusting his numbers will change that. Whilst I know people love playing him, he is without exception my most hated hero to play against - partly due to his stupid power level later on, but mostly because there is no counterplay and his basic kit is dumb as hell. He's like 4chan troll character in its purest form.

I utterly loathe murky, and don't think there's a healthy place for that type of character in a MOBA.

There is a counter. Pick Tyrande and scout out his egg with her bird thingy.

Alur

Blizzcon Championship Bundle should come with a C9 portrait. This is one cosmetic that Blizz should follow all the other mobas on including. Gimme dem team portraits!

Alur

I hope that 360 stimmer is discounted properly. And part of me hopes it isn't, cause I've more or less had one since they were released so that would mean I got hosed even worse than I already know I got hosed.

Milly79

I hope that 360 stimmer is discounted properly. And part of me hopes it isn't, cause I've more or less had one since they were released so that would mean I got hosed even worse than I already know I got hosed.

I can't see it being less than like, $69.99? I've more or less have had one since I've started as well, so I've probably spent about that.

Alur

I'd say it will be. I just mean I want it to be less than what I already pay month to month on my HOTS subscription...cause that's basically what it is, right?

Do you think Blizzard has a wall dedicated to us and Yoshichan and others like us? "Top Cash Cows"? "Biggest Windfalls"? "Suckers Born Every Minute"?

Milly79

I'd say it will be. I just mean I want it to be less than what I already pay month to month on my HOTS subscription...cause that's basically what it is, right?

Do you think Blizzard has a wall dedicated to us and Yoshichan and others like us? "Top Cash Cows"? "Biggest Windfalls"? "Suckers Born Every Minute"?

I'd really like it to be $49.99, but I think that's wishful thinking. That's $108 a year at the current pricing and they love their -25% discounts. Guess we'll see next week, unless it shows up on the ptr somehow.

Alavard

Wait...is Cho'Gall gonna be on PTR?

I know sometimes they are and sometimes they aren't (new heroes that is).

Good question. Presumably he'll be there, alongside all the stat redistribution changes and death timer changes. But at the same time, very few people will have access to him, and only a tiny subset of those people play on the PTR, so maybe they won't bother.

Maledict

Pirate Falstead is one of the most amazing skins ever by the way, thanks to the sound effects. When he takes flight a little trumpet plays that everyone can hear, and then you hear the noise of what sound like a chicken on a spring. When you activate lighting storm on someone it makes a binging noise like something out of a cartoon being whacked in the head - it's marvellous.

Now please buff him Blizzard!

Ketch

Seriously? Murky sucks bro. Even tho c9 won with him they still on the verge of losing at like lvl 13. It took the right comp, right map, and the best players in the world and some sick fucking plays to make murky look good.

List of counter play:
any hero with burst.
Nova/zeratul
Atk speed heroes
Push his lane down early
Kill the puffer fish
Cleanse
Ignore him because he's fuckin useless
Kill him because he's murky
Kill his egg

The healthy place for a hero like that is in the dumpster tho I agree.

Actually his place is where he was picked in blizzcon. Whip out some super unorthodox shit in the big game to put your opponent on tilt. He's like techies in that regard. This hero sucks, why is he in the game? Because he completely mind fucks people when the stakes are high.

Maledict

Nice
Ptr has historically only allowed new heroes for $

I'm guessing that if you have Cho'gall unlocked thanks to Blizzcon you'll have him on the PtR - he absolutely needs testing given his abilities, and we know they already have the technology for the PTR to have account unlocks enabled.

Patch notes plz...

I don't think Murky being difficult to counter play is his problem, it's the fact that he's about as much fun to babysit as Bart Simpson

He's like athlete's foot, he can't stop you from doing what you're doing, but he also won't let you forget he's there, and he takes 6 months to get rid of

Maledict

Seriously? Murky sucks bro. Even tho c9 won with him they still on the verge of losing at like lvl 13. It took the right comp, right map, and the best players in the world and some sick fucking plays to make murky look good.

List of counter play:
any hero with burst.
Nova/zeratul
Atk speed heroes
Push his lane down early
Kill the puffer fish
Cleanse
Ignore him because he's fuckin useless
Kill him because he's murky
Kill his egg

It's not the power level (although later on a good murky is ridiculously strong). It's the fact he is sheer unfun in character form. Blizzard talks a lot about trying to achieve an emotional impact with their character design - Murkys can be summed up as pure trolling in character form. The entire basis of a character who can't effectively be killed, who has a short cool down invulnerability, who wears you down constantly and never goes away is just *horrible*. It's made worse by the fact I'm a Mage player, and he particulary craps on mages because he can bubble their spells then kill them, but it doesn't matter I'm playing - I find him horribly unfun.

In terms of fucking useless, I think we may be playing against different Murkys. Later on in the game murky is an absolute monster who most heroes have to avoid.

(Also, quality of life change - his egg seems to have the lowest priority for targeting of anything. It's really hard to click on, would be great if it was easier to take out rather than the dumb minion standing near it).

brian!

Oh yeah and they patched that out iirc
chogall isnt available for cash anyway right?

Agree on murky being bad for the game, i dont think hes bad or overpowered but his modus operandi is just fukking with ppl, that can be a good thing when tempered but it's kind of like nova being able to burst like she used to, like it's not overpowered or anything, it's just a weird thing to have in the game and probably makes game less fun for ppl more than it enhances enjoyment. Murky was never as prolific as old nova tho

Alavard

Pirate Falstead is one of the most amazing skins ever by the way, thanks to the sound effects. When he takes flight a little trumpet plays that everyone can hear, and then you hear the noise of what sound like a chicken on a spring. When you activate lighting storm on someone it makes a binging noise like something out of a cartoon being whacked in the head - it's marvellous.

Now please buff him Blizzard!

1) I think K1Pro demonstrated that Falstad is in a fine spot right now. Maybe he could use a touch more HP, but I'm not even sure he needs that.

2) Maybe hold off on any ideas about balance for a while. Once the new stat redistribution patch hits, I have a feeling tier lists are going to shuffle around quite a lot, given how much it could potentially impact each hero's early game.

Alavard

Falstad issue is his U1. U2 works great.

Mighty Gust? It's a great ult, but situational. If you've got a well coordinated team, on maps like Sky Temple or Dragon Shire where positioning is ultra important, it can do wonders. It's much like Force Wall in that way.

That's weird and might make him very hard to get depending on the breakdown of blizzcon viewers per region.

Groups might even form not to spread him, 4chan loves shit like that.

Mighty Gust? It's a great ult, but situational. If you've got a well coordinated team, on maps like Sky Temple or Dragon Shire where positioning is ultra important, it can do wonders. It's much like Force Wall in that way.

Mighty Gust is fine, Hinterland Blast is just weak.

Ketch

K1pro can make any hero look good. I think they need to just take another look at GP, or at least give the heroes who needed GP something to compromise.

What if GP started at 10 stacks?

Ketch

That's the only way to get him. They said it on stream.
Bowden said in an interview that you have to be in a party to pick him. Even for QM.

I think it was pc gamer.

Edit: here: http://www.pcgamer.com/heroes-of-the-storm-interview-maps-modes-and-two-player-heroes/

Murky is kind of like a dota radiance tank (is that still a thing?)
Kind of. It's worse now since radiance gives evasion. But I don't see the connection.

Do you just mean the low dmg overtime that adds up because you can't get rid of the hero? I guess that makes sense.

Kill his egg.

They could nerd him a bit and say if you kill the murk while his egg is down he has 1.5x the respawn timer as a normal hero.

kirblar

K1pro can make any hero look good. I think they need to just take another look at GP, or at least give the heroes who needed GP something to compromise.

What if GP started at 10 stacks?
Just remove Overdrive and buff U1. GP is deliberately awful and his other talents on the tier are way more interesting.

Ketch

Just remove Overdrive and buff U1. GP is deliberately awful and his other talents on the tier are way more interesting.

Yea. They should have removed it all together and baked in that power for the heroes that needed it.

I still like the talent, or the idea of it. I like seasoned marksman too for the same reasons but GP does not give enough considering how much you lose when you die.

Maybe gain 2 stacks for every kill? Or have it also give 1% mana/hp regent per stack as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom