• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milly79

Here's an infographic from blizzcon.

blizzcon-world-championship.jpg

Ketch

Artanis doesn't count as a non pick because he wasn't allowed to be picked.

That Tyreal win rate is pretty crazy.

Rip tempo. Tied for last.

Gazlowe forever gazlowed

kirblar

One story of the tournament: Sanc is godlike.

Another: People finally figured out what to do about Uther. (Spread damage all over the place.)

Alur

Another: People finally figured out what to do about Uther. (Spread damage all over the place.)

This has been the story of Uther in QM and Hero League for quite a while from my perspective. There's such little focus that Uther isn't nearly as reliable for us plebes as he was for the pros and much easier to face as an opponent than certain other heroes IMO (outside of specific comps, we're just talking in general here). It's always the AOE healing of Kharazim and Malfurion that was harder to deal with once it ramped up.

Guess it figures they'd get there. Still needs a bit of a nerf too.

kirblar

This has been the story of Uther in QM and Hero League for quite a while from my perspective. There's such little focus that Uther isn't nearly as reliable for us plebes as he was for the pros and much easier to face as an opponent than certain other heroes IMO (outside of specific comps, we're just talking in general here). It's always the AOE healing of Kharazim and Malfurion that was harder to deal with once it ramped up.

Guess it figures they'd get there. Still needs a bit of a nerf too.
Even a year, year/half ago we noticed Uther wasn't great relative to say, Malf w/ Life Seed, unless we were womboing. (We obviously weren't facing coordination and didn't have the best coordination ourselves.)

There's also the coordination and execution needed for DShield.
It's like Sanctification and Stimdrone etc. w/o communication those Ults just go to waste more often than not.

NaVi just threw away $70k, feelsbadman

WoW ended up taking another page from HOTS, cool trend to see them swapping ideas amongst games.

Additionally, to provide a glimpse at how some talents may build upon this, here’s one example of an Enhancement-specific talent:

Sundering
60 Maelstrom, Instant, 20 sec cooldown
Shatter a line of earth before you, causing strong Physical damage and knocking enemies to the side.

Alur

We were supposed to get it by the end of the year in HOTS but clearly that's not gonna happen.

From my experience in OW it's seldom used. Occasionally more than one person says something, but it's rare.

Arthelon, Zuna, Kenma, erho and McIntyre is the new team

Word is they're off to a strong start and 4-0'd Kappa Wolves the other day

Im not sure if Kenma is actually playing for the team permanently or whether they're still looking for a support player or what.

Ketch

I thought zuna was done.

man the dynamic in that house must have been fucked.

is kenma good enough to play?

I hope erho has stepped it up a bit.

and who is kappa wolves?

I thought zuna was done.

man the dynamic in that house must have been fucked.

is kenma good enough to play?

I hope erho has stepped it up a bit.

and who is kappa wolves?

nah zuna was never done i dunno why people thought that. I dunno if kenma is even playing permanently or is just manager or what.

Kappa wolves is MIchaelUdall, bkid, etc.

People thought Zuna was dropping because they misinterpreted Zoia and thought 1 of the players of TS didn't want to play HoTS at all anymore and since Arthelon made his intent to continue playing clear that only left Zuna.

Interesting to see Zuna and Arthelon stick together.

Alur

Interesting having Zuna and Mc together. That's a bit of overlap at least.

Sounds like a hell of a group of personalities that more than one or two teams have had issues with. I would've went with something more established myself.

EDIT: And re: Ketch I don't think Erho ever needed to step it up. IIRC he was always really good, it's just he can't ever get along with anyone or stay in one spot.

Altairre

Is Tyrael a good pick for solo queue QM or does he need a team to work out? I know every hero works better with coordination but some are definitely easier for solo queue. I have enough gold to get another hero and I do enjoy warriors a lot. Other option would be Artanis. Any thoughts?

Maledict

Is Tyrael a good pick for solo queue QM or does he need a team to work out? I know every hero works better with coordination but some are definitely easier for solo queue. I have enough gold to get another hero and I do enjoy warriors a lot. Other option would be Artanis. Any thoughts?

Tyraels good but not great uncoordinated. You won't really be able to use Sanctification, the ability that was carrying games at Blizzcon, but judgement is also an amazing heroic and has the added benefit of highlighting to your entire team the kill target. As long as your team understand you will be going in, and they need to follow you in when they see the cool charge, you're good to go.

Artanis is junk at the moment. I honestly wouldn't recommend him to anyone - he feels clunky as hell, he's astonishingly weak in the early game, and he doesn't seem to have any point in the game. They need to make some quick quality of life changes (melee range attacks!) to him and also figure out how to make him actually work. The fact he has no means to start fights until level 16 is silly. The fact his dash ability is often far worse than auto attacking and a trap for players is dumb. His E place swap ability just feels weak as hell because it's so slow and so short range - this would be understandable if he had manoeuvrability or speed, but until level 16 he doesn't.

Edit: Artanis comments aren't about power levels, it's about fun of play. He feels terrible to play right now - his kit just doesn't work until 16, and that's not fun. And even then his dash remains bloody stupid.

A popular tactic with Tyrael and judgement is for a dps to go get vision while tyrael is in a bush/behind environment judgementing out of nowhere

It's gonna be a long 2 months until Greymane

brian!

Zuna played w/ erho and kenma when they were doing that little experiment team with nick

I dunno if kenma is good enough to be on a team, hope this isnt final roster and that they get picked up soon

Tyraels fine in uncoordinated, all his stuff is fairly easy to pull off besides sanc, which is easier than it looks. Tyrael is also really strong outside of sanc. Just know that he's a support warrior

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Artanis is junk at the moment. I honestly wouldn't recommend him to anyone - he feels clunky as hell, he's astonishingly weak in the early game, and he doesn't seem to have any point in the game. They need to make some quick quality of life changes (melee range attacks!) to him and also figure out how to make him actually work. The fact he has no means to start fights until level 16 is silly. The fact his dash ability is often far worse than auto attacking and a trap for players is dumb. His E place swap ability just feels weak as hell because it's so slow and so short range - this would be understandable if he had manoeuvrability or speed, but until level 16 he doesn't.

Edit: Artanis comments aren't about power levels, it's about fun of play. He feels terrible to play right now - his kit just doesn't work until 16, and that's not fun. And even then his dash remains bloody stupid.

Nah, I disagree strongly about Artanis, he is one of my favorite warriors to play now, especially because I find him so much fun to play. He has some interesting skills that can really turn tides when used correctly, and I don't really find him having too many issues at all. Feels fairly balanced honestly.

I disagree with the fun factor. Artanis is probably the most fun to me aside from Anub.

Agreed Milly!

Alavard

Hes ok, like he probably wont die, but god his waveclear is so booty, like cmon ur a diablo character

Actually, his waveclear is about as effecting in HotS as it was as an NPC in Diablo 3.

Side note: No real time for HotS until I finish Legacy of the Void's campaign. That Blizzard cannibalization effect. It's a good thing I have no intention of going back to SC2 multiplayer or I'd never get HotS time.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
the feeling when you for the first time don't get excited (but rather frustrated) that you get the "play 8 games" daily :(

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
sick combo imo!

tDeQOEh.png

Booty is a proper word used by proper gentlemen to describe things which are booty

It is not proprietary to any individual or group of individuals, but a cultural phenomenon

The booty phenomenon

As a booty aficionado, I live and die by the booty, and will go to my grave defending the booty no matter how booty

Milly79

Booty is a proper word used by proper gentlemen to describe things which are booty

It is not proprietary to any individual or group of individuals, but a cultural phenomenon

The booty phenomenon

As a booty aficionado, I live and die by the booty, and will go to my grave defending the booty no matter how booty

So you eat the booty

brian!

Another thing i learned from c9m is to use 100% as an emphatic describer, usually most effective in situations that are not 100%, not even remotely

brian!

Like if you lose like 15 coins in booty bay you could say something like...boys...i 100% lost my coins...

Or be like yo...im 100% going in right now
but ofc you dont go in

Milly79

Like if you lose like 15 coins in booty bay you could say something like...boys...i 100% lost my coins...

Or be like yo...im 100% going in right now
but ofc you dont go in

I'm gonna try that and lose my shit when they all charge in to their deaths

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom