• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alur

I leave for a few hours and this is what happens in here...smh

This conversation about booty is booty.

Man do we really need this patch and Chu'Gall. Need something new in mah veins Blizzard. Gimme dat Cho'Gull right now.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
yeah let's say booty talk is fine

but as soon as i say i'm sexually attracted to tracer, everyone goes crazy

Alur

Wow didn't know that the new map was going into PTR. It says it's not going live with the patch...but I wonder when it is going to go live?

Kinda excited for that. Having the boss it does, wish they'd had it ready for Halloween though.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Stitches has received additional facial animation polish.
The buff we always needed

Maledict

The patch notes are weird. They imply the patch will go live next week, but that the new map won't go live until the week after (24th) when the ptr ends.

Have to say - hugely disappointed. I wasn't expecting vast hero changes, but the matchmaking improvements needed to go live months ago. This will be the last patch before Christmas, and I really think they are messing up by not fixing this before the holidays.

In addition, new map is great but until they remove maps from the rotation I will see it once in a blue moon. A 1 in 9 chance at the new content just isn't enough / just take mines, gardens and pirates out of the Damon rotation.

Alur

Well, I mean we know they will limit the maps when it drops. They've already shown that twice. It'll be a small pool of 5 or 6 maps so that you get it more frequently.

Alavard

The patch notes are weird. They imply the patch will go live next week, but that the new map won't go live until the week after (24th) when the ptr ends.

Have to say - hugely disappointed. I wasn't expecting vast hero changes, but the matchmaking improvements needed to go live months ago. This will be the last patch before Christmas, and I really think they are messing up by not fixing this before the holidays.

In addition, new map is great but until they remove maps from the rotation I will see it once in a blue moon. A 1 in 9 chance at the new content just isn't enough / just take mines, gardens and pirates out of the Damon rotation.

They just announced they're rebuilding the match-making entirely at Blizzcon. There was no way we were going to have any in this patch.

kirblar

I'm not familiar with updates to this game as I'm still pretty new to it. Is the update scheduled for the 24th or some other time?
Cho'Gall goes live on the 17th. Suspect Towers of Doom on the 24th.

And yes, they badly need a map rotation. Cull it to 5, change every week. Or just cut Mines/Garden/Bay, the problem children.

Welp, guaranteed I'll be spending a few days on PTR again trying out everyone I play.

One funny thing is that maybe healing symbiote shield might actually scale well enough to justify picking it now. I wonder how this will affect talents that already increase damage and health by a percentage, or if they will be the only talents that will be effectively unchanged.

brian!

Welp, guaranteed I'll be spending a few days on PTR again trying out everyone I play.

One funny thing is that maybe healing symbiote shield might actually scale well enough to justify picking it now. I wonder how this will affect talents that already increase damage and health by a percentage, or if they will be the only talents that will be effectively unchanged.

It depends what tier they appear as the values start evening out once you go up in levels

Alur

And yes, they badly need a map rotation. Cull it to 5, change every week. Or just cut Mines/Garden/Bay, the problem children.

I agree we need a rotation, but I don't think anything needs to be cut permanently but Mines. Maybe Garden (though I've always liked Garden more than most), but it's been some time since I heard complaints in game or out about Blackheart's Bay. It's a nice change of pace to me.

Mines needs to go because A) it sucks and B) it's the one map left where there's one hero that completely breaks it after Infernal Shrines was fixed. That's no fun for anyone in QM or HL.

Yoshichan

Alur

Q: Why does Tracer's booty have a huge crack down the middle?

A:
Because Yoshi was using it as a table

Xa9kiRf.gif

brian!

Yep would be a good move, still has to live with hotslogs tho

Lmao fixate-> focus, still sounds like misha has trouble concentrating in class

Yoshichan

did alur give you that tophat?
Now you know the face of a bm legend.

Your move GAF.
hold the fuck up, let me just go and grab something... brb 30 minutes

Maledict

They just announced they're rebuilding the match-making entirely at Blizzcon. There was no way we were going to have any in this patch.

They might have announced them at Blizzcon, but they've been talking about them for months. Everyone I know was expecting them to be in this patch, because when they talk about something for ages, and emphasise over and over and over how it's number one thing for them to fix, then you expect it to be a priority.

The scaling changes may or nay not work out, and I'm glad they are looking at the snowballing issue. But that's not what is hurting this game right now - it's the matchmaker that's causing damage, and they know that, and everything they do that isn't fixing the matchmaker so I actually have a way to play the game that's fun with my friends is a bit wasted. No fixes to the scaling will help when people don't play the game becaus they cannot face another quick match where one team is Johanna, Jaina, Uther, Valla, TLV and the other team is Nova, Falstead, Abathur, Tassadar and Tychus.

Alur

They said the matchmaking changes will hopefully be in before the end of the year BUT that he didn't guarantee that and if someone messages him on Twitter saying he did he is going to lose it.

brian!

Jus gotta wait for it
a lot of it seems experimental too, trying to include "individual skill" and per hero skill sounds like a complete headache, hope they end up dropping that

sobaka770

Banned
So the PTR is live with the scaling changes and the new map.

I've just played one game and it feels... weird? Basically the goal is to capture shrines, which work like curses on Cursed Hollow which will fire 4 projectiles at the enemy core. There are several spawn points on the map and usually from 1 to 3 shrines spawn simultaneously. The core has 30 (or 40?) hit points.

The big thing about the map is territory control, if you destroy the enemy fort in the lane it will become yours after 10-15 seconds. This adds and extra "bullet" to your arsenal, so if you capture 2 forts and fire a shrine it will send 6 bullets across.

The mercs are different (basically they blow up at the structures eliminating themselves from the map), the boss works as a 4-bullet shrine if defeated.

So here's what I liked: map atmosphere is great, visuals are awesome. There is a sense of progression as the match goes on with the shortcut opening which is a nice touch.

Unfortunately, I didn't have any fun with the gameplay. Capturing shrines is too fast, and the "shooting-at-the-core" mechanic is even worse than Blackhearts Bay. THe shrine just disappears and some bullets fly which you can mostly see on the minimap. Boring. At least the pirate ship had awesome voiceover and musical score when firing. You felt like you did some damage. Here, there's very little feedback on the actual progression, the only real way to win is to get the core to 0 by shooting at it. And you will need to shoot a lot.

The incentive to capture enemy forts is too small, in my opinion,: they are easy to recapture, as they are located closer to the enemy spawn and the only way to actually win is to capture altars. It's a bit sad that the map still has the 3-lane structure, I think that if the forts were put into a circle, with people spawning in the middle through the shortcuts from the main isolated base it could create some more movement around the map in the attempts to capture the forts and altars, but as is, the game seemed to always be concentrated in the middle of the lanes all the time, which gets boring.

I was expecting to like the departure from the usual map mechanics, but I need to play a few more games to understand what makes this map tick. The first impression is bad and the worst part is the ending to the map will always be exactly like the Oasis - by capturing another shrine and shoot the last volley at the core - anticlimatic.

Yoshichan

I see nothing related to HOTS in that post.

Reported to a mod for off-topic posting.
You see nothing? NOTHING?

I see... EVERYTHING

jA1AmLq.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom