• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm fairly sure the amount drained has nothing to do with how much he heals. Leoric does 20% of damage to his target, and heals for 20% of his own life. The two are unconnected - he heals as much off Nova as he does Muradin.

Or at least, I'm sure that's how it worked when he launched.

w5PzNTn.gif

You're right I checked, man now I feel stupid not using it against murkies. Missed opportunity imo. It's called "Drain Life" not "damage and heal yourself for unrelated amounts".

brian!

yeah thats how it works
they changed this patch so gets more earlier in the tether and keeping the drain for the full duration is less important

kirblar

Diablo is now the top-rated Warrior with a 54.5% winrate....and the week isn't even over yet.

Tyrande appears to be kinda busted, as predicted by like, every pro team, as she's at 56% and rising.

Surprisingly? TLV are still doing well.

Auteezy

Banned
I just won a game down 20-18 they had all our keeps killed we killed 1 fortress. Somehow we 5man wiped them only losing 2 vikings and killed their core.

protonium

yeah thats how it works
they changed this patch so gets more earlier in the tether and keeping the drain for the full duration is less important

Drain Hope (W)
  • Cooldown decreased from 12 to 11 seconds
  • If Leoric is stunned while casting Drain Hope, the stun will no longer cancel the Ability and the missile will continue to travel
  • Damage dealt and Health gained reduced from 25% to 20%
  • Damage and Healing no longer gradually increase over the Ability’s duration, but instead does a consistent amount of damage and healing with each tick.

Close

brian!

Oh i thought they just changed it from % increases to flat increases, i didnt realize they just made the amount the same throughout. But yeh holding the tether is less important now, i think kcaffeine was complaining about this

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So 8s Chogall out and if so how does the whole getting him thing work?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
He is out. To get him, you must play with someone who already owns him twice. Works with bot matches too!

Well one of you european knuckleheads that has him needs to play a game with me then.

Is this a limited time thing or will this always be how you get him?

Ketch

What they need to do is give the caster part of chogall a mana bar so he's gotta go back... But the other ones like nah I don't need mana were stayin.

Auteezy

Banned
What they need to do is give the caster part of chogall a mana bar so he's gotta go back... But the other ones like nah I don't need mana were stayin.

When cho dies, galls head should remain where he died unable to move but is killable and he can cast that beam thing on a longer cd and then if nobody kills him cho has to come pick galls head back up

Indignate

HL rank is pretty meaningless atm. I think around 3k hotdogs is pretty decent. The best in the world are 4K hotdogs.

RIP my 2.5k status.

Yeah I was thinking this. The fact that Gall can just siege for free is kind of insane.

I wish games were safe to leave after 5 minutes of being forced to play with a bot. I'd eat the loss, or better yet make the match not count, just don't force people to play with bots.

Maledict

Oh i thought they just changed it from % increases to flat increases, i didnt realize they just made the amount the same throughout. But yeh holding the tether is less important now, i think kcaffeine was complaining about this

That was the original change for the PTR, but the release version just made it a flat amount every tick. Not sure why they changed it tbh.

TxdoHawk

I could see a nerf to building damage instead of range, I feel like the character being a walking artillery cannon is key to the style and range nerfs would make him much less special. But just my opinion.

Alur

I could see a nerf to building damage instead of range, I feel like the character being a walking artillery cannon is key to the style and range nerfs would make him much less special. But just my opinion.

This is a good point and seems like a good avenue to take if it bares out that he is too strong. His siege potential is ridiculous with the way he can both eat the damage + put out the damage + the scaling changes making all of that sieging much easier.

They might need to up the core numbers at least. The last couple weeks there's been an unusual amount of base races and whatever it is called trying to rush core while the enemy team is on the objective in competitive EU games.

Liquid went through wall, fort and the core with the enemy team on ~20 sec of death timer at lvl 19, nearly wiped but were able to end it.

I like that though, more incentive to play well late game

Feels like less actually, there've been some games were a team turned a corner with amazing against the odds plays only to get fucked by a core sneak on a big map. You'd effectively have to have half your team B'ing and canceling continuously while doing the objective.

I kind of like it and hate it all the same (changes to scaling making siege easier).

Siege being easier would be fine maybe it just needs to scale a bit steeper.

brian!

It's like regular map awareness, teams need to know they can get rushed down/have their backs stopped and not put themselves in that position

But at some point that becomes being caught between a rock and a hard place and right now it feels too easy to get to this point.

Not to mention that a wipe pre 20 and having all keeps and their walls up really shouldn't lead to a dead core.

It'd be interesting what a change to the HP of the little side walls would change.

Alur

I saw kirblar say this on reddit and agree with it 100%. Pretty sure it's been talked about here too:

They should increase the core's HP in the future based on how many keeps are up.

If you only down one keep and go straight for core, you have the shield of the other 2 keeps still on that core (that would be the extra HP). If you kill all the keeps, no extra HP on the core.

Even outside of the discussion about this patch, the last few patches were notorious for straight stomping a game and then one team wipe allowing a team to push straight through to core with no problem. I won a disproportionate amount of games that way, myself, but it is kind of obnoxious in regular QM when people don't understand to stop taking fights once you are up ~2 or 3 levels but on same talent tier as it's the only way the enemy team can come back.

brian!

But at some point that becomes being caught between a rock and a hard place and right now it feels too easy to get to this point.

Not to mention that a wipe pre 20 and having all keeps and their walls up really shouldn't lead to a dead core.

It'd be interesting what a change to the HP of the little side walls would change.

Yeah i feel this, esp with certain team comps, i dunno if id change the game cuz of this tho

It gotta be difficult balancing rewarding comeback vs rewarding consistently good play.
On the one hand you don't want stompy games but you also don't wanna games you felt were "stolen" because of a single misstep in a 20 minute game.

Making the core have shield proportionate to the keeps might be a solution but that'd probably prolong the games quite a bit.

Anyway awesome Artanis play and fuck Lili, I hate laning against that lil panda shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNH3SzlgHqU

Alur

That is true it may prolong the games depending on how you went into it. If you got the team wipe at 20+ and were able to get there with your requisite 25+ seconds it wouldn't change anything.

If you got the team wipe and only had like 15 seconds, right now that'd win for you. With the shields it wouldn't.

brian!

How i feel about it is that a team wipe on the enemy side post-16 should result in fantastic rewards and the nature of the reward should be based on how the game is going. I dunno if number of keeps up should factor into this (tho buildings taken throughout the game should), in league at least it doesnt really factor in; if you ace at the doorstep late game and you have the right ppl left over thats a finished game. Heroes is different because of small maps, mounts, and healers, and buildings not really denting warriors, maybe there needs to be more conditions for team wipe-> end game, but i do like the dynamic thats in place.

Like as long as the onus is on the snowballing team to finish, as long as there is a sense of urgency for the team that's ahead to finish before the game gets to the point where an ace can mean the end of the game im down.

subwilde

Playing overwatch this weekend makes me want to play some hots. Either that or bring some hots heroes to overwatch ;D how cool would kaelthas be!

Gonna see how rusty I am today after a few vs AI. I'm not expecting much, it's been too long.

Somethng needs to be done with buildings. A lot of games don't even get to level 20 anymore it seems in qm. Also towers are worthless for deterence. At level 5 I was tanking a tower and zagara on diablo and didnt even really come close to dying for like 50% of the tower hp.

Alur

Playing overwatch this weekend makes me want to play some hots. Either that or bring some hots heroes to overwatch ;D how cool would kaelthas be!

Gonna see how rusty I am today after a few vs AI. I'm not expecting much, it's been too long.

We had some great games last night with proto and your buddy. Straight up domination a few times. Teleporter OP. Widowmaker OP. Really is a shame we can't keep going as a group since that was like peak video game fun levels. The game is fun solo but way better with friends (like most any game I guess).

RE: HOTS - it's a bit of a different game now with the scaling changes. Some heroes that were bad before are decent now, and other heroes that were good aren't quite as strong. Also very easy to take structures early now if you get left alone in a lane, so a rotation to gank up top by the enemy (even if it results in a kill or two) can be negated by you taking out the turrets/wall at bottom.

Dang c9 getting rolled in china

Still getting outdrafted or tilting or what?

subwilde

We had some great games last night with proto and your buddy. Straight up domination a few times. Teleporter OP. Widowmaker OP. Really is a shame we can't keep going as a group since that was like peak video game fun levels. The game is fun solo but way better with friends (like most any game I guess).

RE: HOTS - it's a bit of a different game now with the scaling changes. Some heroes that were bad before are decent now, and other heroes that were good aren't quite as strong. Also very easy to take structures early now if you get left alone in a lane, so a rotation to gank up top by the enemy (even if it results in a kill or two) can be negated by you taking out the turrets/wall at bottom.

Still getting outdrafted or tilting or what?

It really was. Haven't had that much fun with a game in a long while. I could see us having a pretty decent team. Now I just need to see if Milly is good like he is at hots ;)

Alur

Milly79 had some good games as Genji on Friday, but he was gone all weekend and didn't get to play anymore after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom