• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

zugzug

I was raging so hard last night when a Thrall or a Nova would Alpha my Zagara off the field. Not so much Nova more Thrall but man. I was busy firing off angry tweets to Blizzheroes pretty sure soon to be banned.

I was randoming heroes and it kept giving me Zagara like 3 times in a row.

man when Matchmaking gets it wrong it sure gets it wrong badly. Some games so lopsided no surrender button in sight.

patchday

Yeah a surrender button around 7 mins into the match would be nice.

But I aim to win so its all good :D

I'd rather get the new Arena mode asap

So I suck at this game now
BUT
All the new heroes added since I last played seem really fun. Played Butcher a few games today. Dope hero.
I need dat monk. And Rexxar.

Monk is totally a blast. My problem with him is that since he's all up in everyone's face, and does a decent amount of damage for a support, I tend to *forget* he's a support and get myself into trouble as I start to unconsciously treat him like a teensy warrior, which leads to him getting blown up.

Man, one thing i'm taking away from Overwatch is how well a bunch of characters are going to transfer over into HotS. I know Tracer is coming first, and Winston seems like a lock simply because he's a giant freaking gorilla, but I think Reinhardt is basically *perfect* for HotS, and Junkrat could transfer over really easily too.

Dr. Buni

Man, one thing i'm taking away from Overwatch is how well a bunch of characters are going to transfer over into HotS. I know Tracer is coming first, and Winston seems like a lock simply because he's a giant freaking gorilla, but I think Reinhardt is basically *perfect* for HotS, and Junkrat could transfer over really easily too.
I want Bastion so badly in HotS. Their design is just too good.
maxresdefault.jpg
I dunno if we are getting them, though.

I can see Winston, Reaper and Widowmaker coming too (they were in the reveal trailer and they all have appealing designs in a way or another). Mei could be a great addition, too. And I'd hope D.va would stay away from HotS, but she is very likely coming too...
Plot twist: Every Overwatch hero is coming to HotS at some point.

protonium

bLT29wv.jpg

HotS matchmaking at it's finest. Guess which two heroes fed all game? Guess which hero would run right up to a sieged hammer, unload her payload, get condemned + charged + fucked 11 times in 17 minutes? I ain't even mad at the players but, matchmaking should throw an error and quit HotS before starting a game like that.

Me: "He-hey man, you shouldn't fight under the enemy immortal when we're outnumbered, behind in levels and have been getting rocked all game."
Hierarch Artanis: "why"

Amon would have ended all life.

bLT29wv.jpg

HotS matchmaking at it's finest. Guess which two heroes fed all game? Guess which hero would run right up to a sieged hammer, unload her payload, get condemned + charged + fucked 11 times in 17 minutes? I ain't even mad at the players but, matchmaking should throw an error and quit HotS before starting a game like that.

Me: "He-hey man, you shouldn't fight under the enemy immortal when we're outnumbered, behind in levels and have been getting rocked all game."
Hierarch Artanis: "why"

Amon would have ended all life.

I don't see the issues with the comps. Their comp was much more counterintuitive with 2 heavy divers and a Hammer. Given that's one of the best maps for hammer but my bet was on the left team before reading.

Oh you were referring to the levels nmv.

I wish I could get excited for Overwatch heroes in HotS but I find most of the designs unappealing. The character designs and characterizations themselves make me think of Borderlands and Star Gladiator thrown in a blender then reassembled by the Dreamworks rejects who worked on Wildstar.

I'm not at all surprised Tracer is coming to HotS first, but she's one of the designs I like the least. She's basically Gadget from Rescue Rangers and Robin from Teen Titans merged into one character Dragon Ball style and extruded through a bad British accent into latex fetish pants.

Not totally down on the game, just don't like most of the characters. I guess since the game uses such broad strokes, there are naturally at least a couple I find appealing, namely Pharah and Bastion.

Alur

I wish I could get excited for Overwatch heroes in HotS but I find most of the designs unappealing. The character designs and characterizations themselves make me think of Borderlands and Star Gladiator thrown in a blender then reassembled by the Dreamworks rejects who worked on Wildstar.

I'm not at all surprised Tracer is coming to HotS first, but she's one of the designs I like the least. She's basically Gadget from Rescue Rangers and Robin from Teen Titans merged into one character Dragon Ball style and extruded through a bad British accent into latex fetish pants.

Not totally down on the game, just don't like most of the characters. I guess since the game uses such broad strokes, there are naturally at least a couple I find appealing, namely Pharah and Bastion.

I think the aesthetics Blizzard goes for and most fans seem to prefer just aren't in your wheelhouse. No harm no foul.

I've seen a decent number of complaints about OW (most stemming from it not being F2P and no where near the complaints we had with HOTS overall), but haven't really saw much complaint about the designs or graphics. Most people love the look which is what generated all that hype for beta to begin with. I mean, ultimately...isn't nearly every video game character some kind of amalgamation of other characters for inspiration?

Just for curiosity's sake, what game DO you actually like the look of?

Ketch

I played over watch for like three hours last night. The gameplay is really fun, the map objectives are boring tho. Like they're just too simple for what they've got going on with the characters. Maybe it's just a balancing thing but it's almost like the objectives detract from the fun. All I want to do is run around and battle but all I'm supposed to do is run to this one spot over and over again.

Maybe it's just payload that I don't like. Or maybe it's just a lack of maps in the beta.
Halo oddball would be a good mode for this game.

I understand the complaints against the character design. Some are pretty original like Dva but others are just super generic on the nose. Pretty sure reaper and Mccree were on my 7th grade trapper keeper.

Alur

Pretty sure reaper and Mccree were on my 7th grade trapper keeper.

IDGAF they look good breh. Generic + Blizzard polish still better than original + shit developer in most cases.

And yeah there are more maps in the actual Beta. Better maps too. Two of the ones you can play in this are two of the more lopsided ones for being shitty to have to attack on from my previous experience. It doesn't seem as bad since the last two patches, but my assumption would be they were looking for a lot of data on those two.

I don't mind the objectives because otherwise it'd be straight deathmatch and they already give you straight deathmatch between teams while you wait on teams to fill (skirmish mode). I do wish there was a 3rd or 4th mode, for sure, but it's beta so /shrug.

Me and proto have played it the past two nights and it's been pretty fun finally playing with someone else. I mainly support with Zenyatta or Lucio. Zenyatta pretty OP for racking up kills.

i want overwatch beta :(

If it makes you feel any better at all... I was super excited at last year's blizzcon, I was super excited to try out the beta this weekend, and I was super disappointed in the overall experience. It's not bad per se.... but it just feels lacking. I don't expect to keep coming back to it like I do Hearthstone and Heroes.... I really wanted to as someone with over 300hours in team fortress 2.

Alur

Some of them have kits just begging for HOTS fun.

Reinhardt's shield + dash stun would be insane to see adapted.

D.Va's mech suit is basically a modified version of Tychus' original Odin.

Bastion feels like a more common-sense version of Gazlowe and his turrets.

A healer like Symmetra or Lucio would be pretty swell as well.

Alur

The Kharazim counter is a bit overrated due to the 13 talent Cho gets. It's pretty easy to avoid the 7SS at this level one would assume. He's still a good matchup, but Cho'Gall does at least have a way to avoid the gib.

He's already done it a time or two this game. More like the hero may or may not be good enough period is the issue, IMO, not that monk counters. Ripping bad Cho'Galls in quick match with monk is pretty fun though.

Ketch

And yeah there are more maps in the actual Beta. Better maps too. Two of the ones you can play in this are two of the more lopsided ones for being shitty to have to attack on from my previous experience. It doesn't seem as bad since the last two patches, but my assumption would be they were looking for a lot of data on those two.

I don't mind the objectives because otherwise it'd be straight deathmatch and they already give you straight deathmatch between teams while you wait on teams to fill (skirmish mode). I do wish there was a 3rd or 4th mode, for sure, but it's beta so /shrug.

Oh yea even though they're slightly generic the heroes for sure look badass. And all that I tried were fun to play in their own right.

I think for objectives they could do a 2fort or well style map from TF. Double or single flag CTF. Or a tug of war style capture point map. Something where there's not a predetermined attack and defense side.

Payload is the worst imo.

Also Chogall is OP. Not sure how he has such a low win rate. Must be that people just suck with him. I think that GAF squad (at least when I was there) was something like 80%.

brian!

chogall seems pretty strong

yah all 2arc has to do is burst down 1 support
stellar went so heavy into anti-cho that kael just styles on everyone in fights

Alur

I think for objectives they could do a 2fort or well style map from TF. Double or single flag CTF. Or a tug of war style capture point map. Something where there's not a predetermined attack and defense side.

They said there was a reason they couldn't do CTF based on their testing and it had something to do with the hero swapping. I can't remember exactly, but like basically teams would just stack all of 2 or 3 heroes on each side and there was absolutely no diversity because the ones with movement are so much better for that mode and it breaks the spirit of the game basically.

Khaldor ecstatic over that win lol

Haha yeah he was. It was pretty entertaining I gotta admit.

Ketch

Honestly that sounds like bad excuse from them.... More like we don't want to balance around that team mode... Which is fine I guess but the maps that are there in this beta are boring.

Yea Winston would probably just wreck in ctf. But they could disable abilities when u have the flag or something.

Edit: oops sorry. In this thread we talk about chogall being played in a pro match!? Wtf. Sad I didn't get to see it.

Concept17

Honestly that sounds like bad excuse from them.... More like we don't want to balance around that team mode... Which is fine I guess but the maps that are there in this beta are boring.

Yea Winston would probably just wreck in ctf. But they could disable abilities when u have the flag or something.

Edit: oops sorry. In this thread we talk about chogall being played in a pro match!? Wtf. Sad I didn't get to see it.

Khaldor said he would upload it after the matches today.

Strider

My next 10k gold... I've no idea what hero to buy. Such a tough decision...

When I was playing before I had clear favorites but these new heroes are all so good.

i feel like leoric is really good for both teams and also this map

merc lord sonya Kreygasm

How much does Leoric's W drain now? Against triple warrior that'd have been fine but Leoric doesn't offer any stun so they'd only have KT for that, on the other hand they really only need the stun for Sonya and their comp isn't particularly stunlock oriented. Entomb + Living Bomb could have been great.

I wonder when there'll be enough stuns in the game they'll start adding relentless to all heroes.

Alur

Watching Team Blaze and I don't see Perseverance. He's a top 100ish NA player who spent a game we won BMing Milly and then 5-10 minutes after the game BMing me after he kept feeding solo early into 1v4's as Sonya right after the Sonya buff.

Told us he was on Team Blaze and we could watch him on Twitch. It was right after they beat Tempo Storm and he was like "We just beat TS what have you ever done".

Turns out he was never on the team. Delusions of grandeur.

Thought I was BM'd by greatness, but turns out it was one of Familie's 8th grader syndrome people. FeelsBadMan

Link to the chogall game?

Tournament still going so no VOD yet.

How much does Leoric's W drain now?

20%.

brian!

"we just beat tempo storm what have you ever done" is pretty insane lol

dang 2arc shoulda forced a fight when the merc popped

brian!

it has more early value now too because they changed the ramp up
hes def tankier than tyrael or anub, id probably only pick anub for wombo atm rather than peel or anything, tyrael was a good pick but when ur bro is johanna sanc loses a lot of value

i wanna see dmg moooonk

is bob ross playing this tourney
oh looks like they didnt make this one either

kenma on supports this patch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MprvQfM5uSY&feature=youtu.be&a
he talks about damage monk a little bit too lol

Alur

bob ross was in the first qualifier

Tbf no one knows who is on team blaze

I haven't ever seen him on any Team Blaze roster between then and now (guess that was the patch before this one). Maybe he was, but seemed weird he'd beat Tempo Storm with Team Blaze and then hop into Hero League with his 2800 buddy 4 hours later especially when Tempo Storm was still considered a top team (prior to the Zoia reveal).

brian!

yaas artanis
this tyrande needs to be good for this to work lol

feel like the call for kw was like, go in they have artanis

Maledict

w5PzNTn.gif

And he gets it 1:1 still? Warriors are walking fountains

I'm fairly sure the amount drained has nothing to do with how much he heals. Leoric does 20% of damage to his target, and heals for 20% of his own life. The two are unconnected - he heals as much off Nova as he does Muradin.

Or at least, I'm sure that's how it worked when he launched.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom