• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alur

has my little murloc been hit by the nerf bat in recent months?

Marky is still alright. Not like he was at his peak, but pretty sure you were still here when the mass Cleanses went out. He's still useful and fun, hasn't been touched directly.

Strider

Marky is still alright. Not like he was at his peak, but pretty sure you were still here when the mass Cleanses went out. He's still useful and fun, hasn't been touched directly.

Thanks. I can deal with that. I remember the patch that added a few cleanse abilities but never played much after.

Just gonna have to be a little more patient with the octo grabs I guess

Venus Van Dam

Neo Member
Out of curiosity, is anyone in this thread playing HotS completely F2P? Does the upcoming Black Friday sale sway you towards making a purchase?

Me. I don't care for skins or mounts. Acquired my 10th hero recently, so now I'm playing HL's placement matches. However, the time I spent with pure grinding to lvl 5 and 9 some heroes makes me wonder if the ~15-30 minutes of my time worth the gold coins. I mean, maybe I should look for a better job and just buy the heroes I want with real money. Anyway...

I don't know what my invisible mmr is but it has dropped, I guess, because I haven't played in two months? Every match I've been in, only Cho'Gal was on our team and was a huge detriment every match. When Cho decides not to show up for a teamfight, you're down two heroes for a team or objective fight and that's pretty brutal. It's a neat idea that's kind of ruined by, well, people.

So NaVi is definitely going through roster changes no idea who yet but Schwimpi and Jaypl have been subbing for adrd and Zarmony from dignitas at the last tourney. Which NaVi was also invited to.

Blu(e)

Out of curiosity, is anyone in this thread playing HotS completely F2P? Does the upcoming Black Friday sale sway you towards making a purchase?

Yes. I started playing around the time when they offered the Hearthstone card back for reaching level 12 in Heroes. Currently own 23 (24? Cho'gall) heroes and even own the gold coin mount and the treasure goblin mount. Was lucky enough to jump on Murky and Jaina when they had a gold price drop and also got Diablo for free when Destructoid were giving him away with the Kaijo skin. I maybe could've had another hero if I had used the free stimpack they gave away from leveling up but was busy that week. Black Friday sale does not interest me.

Alur

Seeing all these new names and faces in this thread...

FigC62h.gif

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
new namws everwjere

I think they messed up with how easy it is to get Cho'Gal versus being able to actually finish off that event quest.

Well, you have to give out 2 CGs for 1 quest completion, so I'm sure they realized that mathematically more people would share CG than would complete the quest.

you have to win 4 games right? With a 20% winrate that's 20 games.

You can complete it in Versus AI games, which is what I did.

Also, you can have a friend create a new HOTS account and you can share CG with that account to complete the quest. I didn't do that or need to since I did the sharing day 1, but yeah.

Alur

It's also a great chance to continue capitalizing hardcore on the hype and goodwill they've fostered from Blizzcon to now.

Blizzcon + Cho'Gall + sale + an early Lunara would be a bonanza for them.

Dunno that they'll do it, but I'd be down.

Dr. Buni

It's a lot of time letting players accumulate a lot of gold without any gold sinks.
Good point. The earlier we get Lunara, the better.

Anyways, I had my first Hero League match today. Usually I play vs AI or QM (when I am not too tired). It was fun and exciting, shame Kael'thas decided to afk in the middle of the match.

kirblar

That's the truth (the bottleneck). I have two CPUS that I run HOTS on. Both have an i7-4790k processor in them and it's been great if you were wondering, BTW. It's not top of the line for sure, but I have always run HOTS and whatever else Blizzard on max.

I am packing 16gb RAM which is unnecessary as others have said, but I kinda like having it anyway. And my video card is a 960.
Hey, one quick Q. Is an I5-6400 pretty comparable? I can get one for 320 + Tax, which seems really good. (God bless Micro Center's automated open box pricing.)

(I'm assuming the answer is no, its not worth the extra 160+tax, but figured I'd double check.)

I can't wait for the Cho'Gal event to be over and this hero to drop down to dumpster tier. It makes matchmaking poorer than usual. So many multi-warrior comps with no damage or support. Often the only assassin is Gal.

Alur

Hey, one quick Q. Is an I5-6400 pretty comparable? I can get one for 320 + Tax, which seems really good. (God bless Micro Center's automated open box pricing.)

(I'm assuming the answer is no, its not worth the extra 160+tax, but figured I'd double check.)

You can get the processor for that price, or a CPU w/ the processor for that price?

I don't personally know, but looking at the benchmark tests it looks like the i7 is faster by a bit but the i5 is more efficient.

kirblar

You can get the processor for that price, or a CPU w/ the processor for that price?

I don't personally know, but looking at the benchmark tests it looks like the i7 is faster by a bit but the i5 is more efficient.
Whole computer.

edit: It's a 4460 but definitely going with the 320 option. Neither upgrade is big enough for what I'll be doing w/ it. Will come out to 320+ Tax + 100 for the FX card. That's super sweet.

Strider

So I suck at this game now

BUT

All the new heroes added since I last played seem really fun. Played Butcher a few games today. Dope hero.

I need dat monk. And Rexxar.

Gonna play a bunch more tomorrow

Sajjaja

I really don't know how to build anyone anymore :( I've been away from this too long that my Spike burst build on Zeratul is no longer any good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom