• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celegus

Keal gets countered by any diving melee hero. Anub, Muradin, Illidan and so on. In low level games his chain bomb just wrecks face because uncoordinated teams just spread it like cancer :)

Considering I have no idea what that is, I'm one of those people!

Just won a match where I didn't get any exp or gold, but it did count towards my quests. Does that just... happen sometimes? I could only view the talents/score screens at the post-game, not the exp summary.

patchday

I'm gonna try to record the replay and upload it to YouTube. I assume I just have to watch the replay and run a program that records it in the background?

Or alternatively should I just upload the replay file?

Edit: Uploaded the file here

Very cool replay learned somethings while watching

Alex

Considering I have no idea what that is, I'm one of those people!

Just won a match where I didn't get any exp or gold, but it did count towards my quests. Does that just... happen sometimes? I could only view the talents/score screens at the post-game, not the exp summary.

Spreads around Kael's Living Bomb when it explodes. When you see someone with a fire DoT on them, don't stand next to them. In general clumping is the very worst thing you can do against Kael if you're stuck in a team fight with him.

Unsure about the question, there's an XP cap on AI games to discourage bots, were you playing the AI a lot? Dunno beyond that, it's not some leaver penalty is it?

zoukka

Wow with a good team Johanna absolutely demolishes everything. One of the most satisfying heroes to use when you get full beast mode with all buffs on, unstoppable, increased speed, pulling everyone in, slamming them and chasing through forts and towers like they are nothing :D

Does the Starter pack on DLGamer actually come with the Ronin skin?
It doesn't say anything about it on the site.

Might pick that up later this week if that is the case.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Today is the last day to purchase shit from the featured crap right?

edit: fuck it, didn't want to risk it. I bought the Cyber Wolf, Lunar Tiger, Tyrael, Kerrigan, Stimpack, Johanna-bundle.

sigh

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
It does. And now I have no money left for Dreamhack in one week and Japan in three weeks.

This is fantastic.

Pooya

Tass is like the most boooring support, psionic storm visual and sound effects need to be more punchy, it feels pretty meh and that's almost all you really do...
It's like the most tiny aoe circle in the game, from StarCraft version to this? Zzzz. He's alright but booooring.

zoukka

It does. And now I have no money left for Dreamhack in one week and Japan in three weeks.

This is fantastic.

Maybe do something about that?

On another note why am I being paired with rank 50 afk noobs all the fucking time? are the MMR systems completely broken down due to launch?

Celegus

Unsure about the question, there's an XP cap on AI games to discourage bots, were you playing the AI a lot? Dunno beyond that, it's not some leaver penalty is it?

Nope, just a regular quick match. I did get the black screen lost connection for a few seconds thing a couple times though. I'm assuming that's a common problem? Other than that, I've never actually left a game midway through.

Yoshichan

On another note why am I being paired with rank 50 afk noobs all the fucking time? are the MMR systems completely broken down due to launch?
Nothing I can do about it, I'm not kidding. I simply am a sucker for the discounts, availabilities and whatnot...

Zafir

Well for one the matchmaking seems to do it by average across the team. Plus i get the feeling the amount of mmr given for wins in the placement period may be too high which causes the phenomenon where new people won a few games and got up to higher mmr and end up playing with vet players. I've heard they're totally changing the system and people don't get assigned a rank till they're out of the period, maybe that'll mean placement people will only be matched with other people in placement.

That all said the latter only accounts for when you get matched up with people who are above 50. Only the former could be the reason why you'd be matched with a 50.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
How much have you guys spent so far, and what do you think are the best deals, and best values for coins?

I've only spent the $4.99 for the starter pack, with Raynor, Muradin, Malfurion and the rainbow mount so far. Got Valla from owning Diablo 3, got the Mechanospider mount from the Facebook thing, and got ETC, Illidan, Anub'barak, and Lili with coins. I have about 14k coins left currently, and 2 days on my stimpack.

I have spent $0 and I intend to keep it that way. I played League for a few years spending a grand total of $0, and between the daily quests and the leveling up rewards I don't see why I can't get all the characters using gold.

If at some point they release an amazing skin that I just need to have then fine, I'll buy it with money, but I generally couldn't care less about skins or mounts so F2P games work out very well for me financially.

I have a Zagara, Zeratul and Lili code to give away. Quote and say which one you want.

Aw mang. I'll take Lili if she's still left.

Yoshichan

Awesome stuff Xater :)!

Xater

Now I am going to play. Plan was actually to just play HOTS the whole day before I have to do shit again tomorrow. Hope I can find a group.

Yoshichan

5 man pre-made ready for action!

Alur

How much have you guys spent so far, and what do you think are the best deals, and best values for coins?

The best value is buying high gold heroes on sale with money and low gold heroes with gold. And of course the bundles at your discretion based on how you feel about the hero/skins/mounts. Generally speaking it's better value to buy the new hero + skin bundle than pay the 15,000 gold when it first comes out IMO if you want them immediately.

As for myself, I have four accounts. So yeah.

My main account, Keyes, has all heroes and mounts as well as the time sensitive skins/mounts/portraits. My secondary one also has some skins and mounts purchased. And all four have had at least one stimpack and a hero or two. /sadness

MAKE IT STAHP

Maledict

Well, that's a first. Playing Kael and forced to lane solo versus Thrall and Lili, and then harassed and insulted for not having high hero damage. Compared to a Muradin and Illidan who spent the game roaming for ganks...

Which of course, ended with them calling me a N***** at the end of the game. I really, really hope Blizzard is taking action against these people because to be frank I don't play games to be harassed in this shitty way.

(Why is it generally the bad players on your team who do the insulting and blaming? And for the love of all that is holy will Blizzard please remove those ****ing numbers on the stats screen because they are actually detrimental to the game.

Yoshichan

THAT BRIGHTWING SKIN IS TERRIFYING, XATER

Skab

Saw this on reddit.

9AOQLtA.gif

Seiru

Banned
Man fuck Kael, people don't know how to deal with him.

Need to figure out some kind of counter for that shitlord.

I was a Kael vs a team with an Illidan and a Zeratul.

It did not go well for me. The assassins stick to you like glue, you have barely any control, and your flamestrike-living bomb interaction doesn't work nearly as well because the enemy team is naturally spread out.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Well, that's a first. Playing Kael and forced to lane solo versus Thrall and Lili, and then harassed and insulted for not having high hero damage. Compared to a Muradin and Illidan who spent the game roaming for ganks...

Which of course, ended with them calling me a N***** at the end of the game. I really, really hope Blizzard is taking action against these people because to be frank I don't play games to be harassed in this shitty way.

(Why is it generally the bad players on your team who do the insulting and blaming? And for the love of all that is holy will Blizzard please remove those ****ing numbers on the stats screen because they are actually detrimental to the game.

You can turn off allied chat.

Omg the butcher!!!!!! New battleground looks cool too. Immortals fighting in the middle. Cool concept.

Melee assassin though and all huge.. Hmmmm lol

I didnt see the release date. Anyone know for both?

Skab

So, I'm catching up on most of the news yesterday since I wasn't around to see it live.

http://www.heroesnexus.com/news/1392-eternal-conflict-new-diablo-3-maps-heroes-the

We were able to attend the Blizzard Press event on Heroes of the Storm and were able to get some great info on the next event: Eternal Conflict

• Diablo Themed Event
  • There will be another map other than the Battlefield of Eternity map released. It is already being worked on.
  • The event will last a few months, and have new Heroes, Mounts and Skins from the Diablo universe.
  • The event will head to the PTR on June 23rd, and if there are no issues, releases on June 30th.

So multiple diablo heroes and maps over the summer? Wonder if it's just The Butcher and Leoric, or if there will be more than that.

Either way, more Diablo stuff makes me very happy.

Man fuck Kael, people don't know how to deal with him.

Need to figure out some kind of counter for that shitlord.

Kael'thas has got the same problems as Jaina, he's squishy and highly dependent on good positioning to stay alive and he doesn't have a mobility tool until 20 but he does get range at 13.

You need heroes that can quickly close a gap (Tyreal, Muradin, Sonya, and Johanna), heroes that can put him horribly out of position (Stitches and Haymaker Muradin) or heroes that can burst him down (Falstad, Nova and Zeratul). He has one tool to stop a gank, Lapsed Gravity. If that's on CD and he's out of position without forts or a team to hide behind, he's probably dead. Johanna can just walk through Lapsed Gravity with her trait. If Spear and Lapsed Gravity are thrown out at the same time, Spear used to win, although that may have changed. Lapsed Gravity is the only tool Kael has to reveal invis units quickly, if he misses, he's food for a Zeratul. A burst Nova can make Kael go pop. If Kael chose Gathering Power and you gank him frequently he loses that damage. Bully Kael enough over the course of the match and you might have him choosing Arcane Shields over damage talents just to survive all of the gank attempts.

You need teammates that know when to Delta Split level 16 and up, even if Kael didn't choose Chain Bomb. "I have Living Bomb on me, maybe I shouldn't be standing near my nearly dead team...oops"

brian!

ive been trying out urticating spines on anub since zuna recommends it, it meshes really well and feels smooth, I like it

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
liquid has very little waveclear outside of valla, itll be interesting to see how they deal w/ g2
zag going for demo tooo

http://www.twitch.tv/khaldor

And this, my friends, is why I never played MOBAs before. Nothing like having someone spew incomprehensible gibberish like that at you then calling you a dumb ( insert racial slur ) for having no idea what they expect you to do.

Luckily I haven't seen any of that yet, but I'm still playing low level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom