• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alur

-Does the matchmaking get any better at higher levels or in ranked games?

If you're talking about composition-wise in quick match then no. The post by Alavard is the details on how a group is made up in QM.

If you're talking about better or more even games, that depends on your definition of "higher levels".

If you stray past about 3200 MMR (into Master league, top players in the game), you're gonna be in for some bad times right now. There's not enough players above that MMR level to make a good game so the game attempts to average MMR out across both teams...so you might get two 3200's with three 1700's (2300 MMR average) while the enemy might get 3 2800's with two 2000's (2480 MMR average). The enemy team are all within range of each other's skill level more or less, but the 3200 is playing with basically new players and will have a frustrating time herding cats.

If you play below about 2200 MMR (like 80% of all players are in this subset) your games will be fine until it all clicks for you...and then once you recognize all the mistakes from others you'll not be happy there either. The MMR ranges here too can be all over the place, but for the most part anyone under 2000 MMR is indistinguishable from another unless they are horrifically bad or brand new to the game and just building their MMR.

If you're in the sweet spot between like 2200 MMR to about 3200 MMR (ideally about 2600-3100 seems to be the best from my experience) the games are usually a lot more reasonable with MMR averages as most of the players are closer together in range. Basically you're just high enough where everyone knows what they are doing, but low enough so that the pool of players available to you isn't vastly diminished.

Sometimes we don't have a tank and 3 healers other times it's 4 assassins and a support it seems a bit fucked up.

You should never have 3 support unless you are in a group who queues with 3 support, though. It's not allowed in the matchmaking variables unless you're hitting the 10 minute queue and it goes YOLO.

Strider

Murky is worth your next paycheck

Speaking of murky tho in my first games with monk today I got to lane against a murky 1v1 and good lord monk destroys n that matchup. Felt bad beating up my lil murloc like that

Pooya

I still haven't done it, haven't been playing too much recently. I'd be up for it, you can just do it against AI right?

yeah, I have it on EU if you want it. I will get it on US too eventually but not available right now on that server. probably get it through the twitch thing and see what happens with the second part of the quest.

Fixed1979

yeah, I have it on EU if you want it. I will get it on US too eventually but not available right now on that server. probably get it through the twitch thing and see what happens with the second part of the quest.

Ah, just playing on NA, I don't have an EU account setup for HoTS.

If you guys need to unlock Cho'Gall I can share him now. Just add me on B.net

Quadratic#1998

I'll add you, though it'll probably be a couple hours before I'm on again.

Indignate

Can I just make a EU account despite being a superior American?

I can help people finish up their Cho'Gall quest and also carry Rhaknar with horrendous ping.

I figured it out.

Alur

Yep just switch it on the launcher Indignate. You'll have whatever "bonus" heroes you've gotten from other Blizzard games and promotions like Valla/Cho'Gall/Artanis but that'll be it.

Auteezy

Banned
if any1 wants to play some QM on NA add me: MeGusta#1796

This game needs allchat I need my allchat BM fix, running into their fountain as the core dies isn't enough for me

Alur

if any1 wants to play some QM on NA add me: MeGusta#1796

This game needs allchat I need my allchat BM fix, running into their fountain as the core dies isn't enough for me

Ah you are MeGusta! I saw a friend req yesterday or the day before and I was like who the hell is this? :D

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Can I just make a EU account despite being a superior American?

I can help people finish up their Cho'Gall quest and also carry Rhaknar with horrendous ping.

I figured it out.
Superior wat no indignate plz stahp

So yesterday in QM, with two friends we faced a team of 3300+ MMR (some members had 4500+ games) and we got rekt. The two last of our team had good MMR but guess we were too bad for them (there was a delta of 600 MMR between the two team).

In a way it felt bad for us during the game but i think sometimes it is nice to see the things above average players do in a game were you face them.

Their comps (Kharazim, Lili, gazlowe, kael thas,Raynor) and ours ( Muradin, Uther,Raynor,Sonya, Lili), yes they rekt us with a gazlowe T_T (four our defense Raynor seemed to decide to don't care mid game so without Raynor DPS was low even if their Gazlowe was pushing).

Altairre

I originally wanted to buy a skin or two this sale but it turns out that I don't really like the skins for the heroes I play so I ended up buying four new heroes instead (Leoric, Johanna, Kael and Sylvanas).

brian!

Yah that explains it they are all over the place

The dbl throws tho Kreygasm

I dunno i feel like if myinsan gets caught out ~lvl 19 and gives up a curse it makes sense that it could be a potentially game winning play when tcm has made it to a keep.

They picked up 2 new members just 3 days ago.

The scaling on the core has to change though, w/o that 5 man moshpit mYinsanity would have lost despite only having had 1 fort down before the curse. And ffs these casters can't shut up about the mosh pits.

haha mosh pit is just one of those things each game revolves around. It's like echo slam in dota or something. Ironic because the ES is originally a Tauren.

After lvl 20 I'd maybe agree but pre 20 after a pretty flawless game a non devastating teamfight shouldn't lead to a loss, it didn't but only because of the perfect mosh and TCM not splitting up enough.

These casters though. What's the point of a mosh when your team already lost their damage dealers and at a +2 minutes CD being conservative with it isn't wrong.

haha mosh pit is just one of those things each game revolves around. It's like echo slam in dota or something. Ironic because the ES is originally a Tauren.

they actually completely missed a 4 man mosh on Blackheart's bay which the team couldn't follow up because Thrall + DShield was protecting the front. That game was very fun to watch at one point thrall blinked forward and threw a sundering behind him. Or sundered then blinked forward.

patchday

wow thats rough having to play on the holiday but I guess (American) Football, etc have done this for many yrs. Going to tune in for a bit though

Aren't adrd and the other dude just fill ins for dream hack because the two actual members could not attend? At least that's what this said: http://www.thescoreesports.com/news/4987

Ah that's pretty unfortunate for the team.

i didnt realize that there were this many teams in this tournament

whoa bakery's name is james baker

yeah 7 teams invited and 1 team qualified, which is what I assume is ToxicW (they go slaughtered so far).

Wonder why they don't make it 6/2 so that both groups will have one invite team.

wow thats rough having to play on the holiday but I guess (American) Football, etc have done this for many yrs. Going to tune in for a bit though

what holiday? It's an european tournament and Erntedankfest was a awhile ago.

brian!

did someone on dig just peace out

butcher is a weird pick for me here
whoa this new butcher talent tech, completely all in on the 1v1

Alur

lots of falstad love

All the Falstad play makes me sad cause I haven't seen anything similar or even moderately worth taking him over the "standard" assassins in our actual QM or my solo HL games. Feels like the coordination is just too necessary still.

Alur

Pretty interesting how the Vikings just completely counter the first few Punishers even if Dignitas loses one.

They (Roccat) have no choice but to stop pushing and soak/try to kill Vikings so they can't get much value.

EDIT: Vikings master skin OP btw.

EDITx2: LMAO, that ring of frost kill. Roccat looks like dog shit IMO.

Blizzard wasn't content just grieving Diablo players with arcane enchanted so they brought it into HoTS

Amazing what a difference 1 week can make. Schwimpi also gives them some much needed diversity in picks.

Grubby is amazing on this commentary and whoever else is with him is just going along with it. I feel like they gave them a few shots before they sent them up there.

Grubby + Tod is dream pairing

Alur

Grubby is amazing on this commentary and whoever else is with him is just going along with it. I feel like they gave them a few shots before they sent them up there.

EDIT: Ok guys, as the kids say..."real talk" time.

What's the deal with some of these players wearing two headsets? I just saw Bakery with one on his head and another around his neck with mic up, and Glaurung always wore two. Like...I don't get it. Seems mighty uncomfortable.

Maledict

EDIT: Ok guys, as the kids say..."real talk" time.

What's the deal with some of these players wearing two headsets? I just saw Bakery with one on his head and another around his neck with mic up, and Glaurung always wore two. Like...I don't get it. Seems mighty uncomfortable.

Teams are sponsored to wear or use certain gear such as headsets, but in LAN tournaments you generally have to use the headset provided by the organiser. So that's why they usually have two on at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom