• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strider

dat feel when you get that perfect Grav-o-Bomb into a Precision Strike to win the game

Milly79's mortal enemy. He messaged me this morning saying he tuned into Dreamhack only to see Tod's Milan Lucic face and turn it back off lol

That's an oddly specific reason to dislike someone

Teams are sponsored to wear or use certain gear such as headsets, but in LAN tournaments you generally have to use the headset provided by the organiser. So that's why they usually have two on at the same time.

Which is funny when the actual sound usually comes from headphones worn in addition to the headset

Lol Grubby explains Gerdamherd's battletag, and I finally get it. Yet German is my mother tongue...

brian!

yaas damage monk

love the whole etc is making me dance uncontrollably while this bald dude punches me in the stomach repeatedly dynamic

Alur

I still haven't seen it bare out that the damage trait gives nearly as much value as the healing trait is my hangup, I guess.

It's super fun and catches enemies by surprise, definitely, but the sustain on healing trait is ridiculous...as is the subsequent ability of the enemy to walk out of all your damage without some cc/slows from your team. Plus you can get like 3/5's or more of the damage by just going 7SS and using it properly if you want, you just lack the sudden burst outside of that.

With the state of Tyrande right now I just feel like if I was gonna really aim for damage and wanted to be second support as well she's by far the better pick, and that's not even counting an actual assassin.

patchday

TL vs G2 seemed like a good game. saw the last 10 mins of it

All the Falstad play makes me sad cause I haven't seen anything similar or even moderately worth taking him over the "standard" assassins in our actual QM or my solo HL games. Feels like the coordination is just too necessary still.

I've only seen Falstad get picked once in HL and he was very handy. The ability to suddenly fly in to the middle of battle with his Z is great alone

Maledict

feels like he's mainly picked for gust atm

Gust and tank killing. He's a ferocious tank killer now with the movement of Power Throw to Level 4 (one of the fwe times that moving a talent further up in levels actually makes it stronger).

There's also a mage build I was playing with, that uses the new hamemr talent at 1 plus both cooldown reduction talents at 4 and 7 which I think has real use on the new map, with the constant team fighting and opportunities to stack the damage up really high.

Alur

I've only seen Falstad get picked once in HL and he was very handy. The ability to suddenly fly in to the middle of battle with his Z is great alone

Agreed he definitely can. Most of the time I just see them Z into their death, though, and I'm talking at rank 1 play here lol.

feels like he's mainly picked for gust atm

Yeah I guess that's my issue. It seems very powerful when coordinated, but when you're not in communication with the other players on the team because you're just soloing/in a duo, it seems better to go with a more reliable assassin in my experience...which sucks, cause that Buccaneer skin is OP.

brian!

you could just save it for resetting bad fights zeratul style, but that still takes coordination, i wanna see more falstad/damagezim games cuz I feel you on the more reliable choices for role thinking atm

patchday

I'll probably run Falstad one of these days in HL. Been practicing with him in Normals

<edit> This happened a few matches ago but man that one caster was ragging on Nova hard. I see she still doesnt get much love for pro play

Moonlight

Banned
Played my first couple rounds of this game! Went ahead and just bought a Sylvanas because of the 50% off sale. Not entirely sure what I'm doing in the game, but I still haven't lost a game yet, so... guess we'll see.

The game's pretty fun so far though.

Alur

Played my first couple rounds of this game! Went ahead and just bought a Sylvanas because of the 50% off sale. Not entirely sure what I'm doing in the game, but I still haven't lost a game yet, so... guess we'll see.

The game's pretty fun so far though.

You're doing it right.

Auteezy

Banned
i wasted 10k coins on zeratul a day b4 the new scaling changes and now he's unplayably bad for somebody of my noobness :( should have bought Kharazim or something

kirblar

New PC + 750 GTX TI (OC) = 60-90 FPS on max settings. Only drops below cause of lag.

This is so sweet.

The answer to "how to make HOTS play better" seems to simply be "Buy a new pc"

New PC + 750 GTX TI (OC) = 60-90 FPS on max settings. Only drops below cause of lag.

This is so sweet.

I've got the 750 Ti as well (I forget when I upgraded, maybe in February or so). It is an amazing card for the price and seems to be more than capable to handle HOTS. Good choice, IMO.

Nah I paid with coins not money, it's really not that big of a deal lol.

another option is to redeem a code for him. I bought Jaina and Zeratul w/ coins shortly before the starter pack was released with both heroes and when I redeemed the Zeratul Skin that also gave the hero I got 10k gold when Blizzard did the refunds for bundled stuff or something.

That reminds me, I still have 3 codes from that.

Pooya

This is so sweet.

It mainly depends on CPU, 750 TI could run it at 100+ otherwise. It's just a bad engine.

brian!

I watched a couple of dreamhack games yesterday but didnt really catch the etc builds, anyone got em?

Assuming w/ variations:
e
q
e
mosh
groupies
situational
blink

Alur

Should've kept BW on that temple. And I just meant for the game. Pretty bad overextension. You could tell it wasn't gonna work from the moment the gust came out.

No idea what they thought there. They were in the commanding position not an all or nothing position

!Cho'Gall

That finish, RIP Dignitas.

They really like trying to push that rivalry and animosity between the teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom