• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strider

I play HOTS on my iPad mini all the time.

Not sure if serious.

Sounds like troll but tbh it wouldn't surprise me if some kinda app was released to stream your PC screen to your Ipad lol Bluetooth KB/M n stuff and the whole deal

Not worth

Alur

This is me playing HOTS on touchscreen:

ZJbjKuT.gif

Collar up DGAF

Alur

I should try VainGlory

I've tried to preach the gospel of Vainglory to anyone who will listen. Game is beautiful, fun as hell too.

It's like the middle ground between League and HOTS as far it still has items, but a limited amount and fighting occurs more often like in HOTS (and games are like 10-15 mins).

Alur

There's not. Since it's only 3 abilities there aren't direct comparisons to a lot of the heroes. Like they play similar, but one or two abilities will be different.

Basically, just download it and play Koshka. Cat scratch some souls out of noobs and then come back to say thanks :). And then add me and we'll play together! huehue

EDIT: FWIW it's the only moba I've played where melee feels as impactful as range without needing a whole team built around it. Might be because it's only 3v3 instead of 5v5 so there's less clutter aoe and body wise. Balance is pretty good. Also every game is kind of like a pseudo draft for your team. 3 people, each can pick whoever they want, so you have to roll with each other.

EDITx2: Fnatic best team EU now?

kirblar

The commentary about Melee not having the same issues post-scaling changes w level leads/disadvantages and Ranged Assassins being free to go megaDPS at 20 when you have a Melee was really interesting.

It'll take more than 2 tournaments to determine that, Fnatic won the last Bo3 against Liquid but Liquid won the last Bo5.

Dignitas quite literally threw the series against Liquid. It's probably between these 3 teams though atm.

The commentary about Melee not having the same issues post-scaling changes w level leads/disadvantages and Ranged Assassins being free to go megaDPS at 20 when you have a Melee was really interesting.

there's been a surprising amount of Thralls this tournament

Alur

Three teams at the top is an improvement. I was mostly being facetious.

How do you feel about myinsanity? I haven't watched all of this or the last tourney, just bits and pieces.

Three teams at the top is an improvement. I was mostly being facetious.

How do you feel about myinsanity? I haven't watched all of this or the last tourney, just bits and pieces.

They've been around awhile as Team Spartanien and are pretty respected by the other top teams.

The EU top spot has been heavily contested ever since Liquid fell out of favour, it's just too early to say who's at the top right now. We haven't even seen the new NaVi yet.
Liquid being back strong is the improvement.

Alur

Every time this lady interviews these players it's awkward. Like more awkward than normal esports interviews. She just seems like she doesn't know what she wants to ask them or can't remember.

EDIT: RIP Stitches. Me want 2 play too.

Auteezy

Banned
So this is my first time watching pro HotS, I watch a few games from that c9 chinese tournament and then some from DH and they just end up being 5v5 mexican standoffs. Some of my QM games have like 60 kills in 20 minutes, i'd rather watch those tbh

Maledict

I'm really not a fan of the back dooring that's been going on from TL. It feels to me like the core isn't strong enough if it's *so* easy to backdoor. Basically if your opponent doesn't spot it in advance, its impossible to stop it happening basically which isn't good play.

kirblar

I'm really not a fan of the back dooring that's been going on from TL. It feels to me like the core isn't strong enough if it's *so* easy to backdoor. Basically if your opponent doesn't spot it in advance, its impossible to stop it happening basically which isn't good play.
There was a reddit thread w/ some EU pros stating the same thing a few days ago.

Both structures (at least forts, anyway) and the core need adjustments.

I've been saying as much and the EU pros have all caught on, it's not just Liquid. I think some team even stole a game from liquid by going for the core while vikings interrupt the hearthing.

kirblar

As much as I love it Holy Ground is pretty insane, basically getting Tassadar's Ult at lvl 16.
Wouldn't be surprised if the duration on the block gets toned down so that it isn't outclassing ults.

It feels like we're back to square one in terms of relative balance in a lot of ways, which is to be expected, I guess.

Wouldn't be surprised if the duration on the block gets toned down so that it isn't outclassing ults.

It feels like we're back to square one in terms of relative balance in a lot of ways, which is to be expected, I guess.

It does feel like the competitive is quickly narrowing down the effective heroes and strategies. Falstad, Muradin and ETC have been in like every game. While quite a large amount of heroes have been neglected almost entirely.

While we're on it, Rehgar needs a makeover, he hasn't been picked once. He's really just a healbot w/ zero utility.

kirblar

It does feel like the competitive is quickly narrowing down the effective heroes and strategies. Falstad, Muradin and ETC have been in like every game. While quite a large amount of heroes have been neglected almost entirely.

While we're on it, Rehgar needs a makeover, he hasn't been picked once. He's really just a healbot w/ zero utility.
His re-do was a disaster.

Healing through-put needs to be almost all primarily baseline in support kits. He can jack his up to the point where you're silly to pick anything else.

Strider

So what changes did rehgar get? He was amazing before I took a break but I haven't played him yet since.

He was my favorite support back then :(

At least we have monk now

So what changes did rehgar get? He was amazing before I took a break but I haven't played him yet since.

Here
Blizz Patchnotes said:
Rehgar has received significant updates
  • Battle Momentum (Talent) removed
  • Focused Attack (Talent) removed
  • Searing Attacks (Talent) removed
  • Berserk (Talent) removed
  • Cleanse (Talent) added at level 7
  • Farsight (Talent) moved from Level 4 to Level 7
  • New Talent (Level 7): Forward Momentum
    Basic Attacks reduce Basic Ability cooldowns by 1 second.

Ghost Wolf (Trait)
  • Feral Heart (Talent)
    Health and Mana Regeneration bonuses reduced from 100% to 75%
  • Shadow Wolf (Talent) moved from Level 7 to Level 4
    Stealth duration increased from 2 to 4 seconds

Chain Heal (Q)
  • New Talent (Level 16): Tidal Waves
    Reduces Chain Heal’s cooldown by 3 seconds if 3 Heroes are healed
    Can now bounce to full Health allies, but will always prefer Allies that are missing Health

Lightning Shield (W)
  • Empowering Charge (Talent)
    Basic Attack damage bonus increased from 25% to 30%
  • Reactive Spark (Talent) moved from Level 4 to Level 13
    Now also reduces Lightning Shield’s cooldown by 3 seconds
  • Earth Shield (Talent)
    Shield amount reduced from 100 (+21 per level) to 75 (+18 per level)
  • Stormcaller (Talent) moved from Level 13 to Level 4
    No longer reduces Lightning Shield’s cooldown
    Now increases Lightning Shield’s duration by 2 seconds
    Mana cost reduction lowered from 50% to 40%

Earthbind Totem (E)
  • Slow now applies and fades faster, which should help it feel more responsive to players in the Totem’s area of effect
  • Lightning Totem (Talent) removed
  • Colossal Totem (Talent)
    No longer increases Earthbind Totem’s Health
    Now also increases cast range by 50%
  • Earthgrasp Totem (Talent)
    No longer increases cast range

Ancestral Healing (R)
  • Cooldown increased from 60 to 70 seconds

kirblar

The issue with the changes listed above is that they made his Q build at L13/16 all but mandatory because of how strong it is.

The issue with the changes listed above is that they made his Q build at L13/16 all but mandatory because of how strong it is.

They also removed the only talent making the totem a useful skill.

It's not like the makeover initially ruined him, he was the topdog for a while afterwards, so maybe Blizzard thought the changes were good. It's just that people wisened up to Uther and supports in general not just being healbots.

brian!

he's just a worse version of monk atm

it's so rough watching tl try to force a fight here, that was a good game
ohhh shit they didnt make it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom