• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milly79

Saw this on reddit.

9AOQLtA.gif

Loooooooool.

brian!

i probably wouldnt get it if I didn't plan on getting the shield upgrade at 13
I'd get leeching at 7 if I didn't get regen at 1

this zag is really not working out for g2 atm

brian!

Thanks, think I'll play around with that build a bit. Seems interesting.

this is the build he posted, which is a good general build to use: http://www.heroesnexus.com/talent-calculator/38-anubarak#jPmPNNPNKN9MBPmAA
though if your team needs the engage and you're the only one set up to do that, definitely get hardened shield over rewind, but e rewind e is hilarious so there's that to consider

team liquid rolls over the opposition, excited to see them in an international tourney

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Painfully slow with Muradin... can't wait to just get his ass to lvl 10 so I can never, ever look at his face anymore.

Maledict

this is the build he posted, which is a good general build to use: http://www.heroesnexus.com/talent-calculator/38-anubarak#jPmPNNPNKN9MBPmAA
though if your team needs the engage and you're the only one set up to do that, definitely get hardened shield over rewind, but e rewind e is hilarious so there's that to consider

team liquid rolls over the opposition, excited to see them in an international tourney

That is one freaky ass build. Partly tanky but also partially damage in some very weird places. Not really sure why he's taken Urticulating spines though - it's such a small amount of damage it hardly seems worth it, and if you are auto spawning beetles the "beetles heal you" talent is very handy indeed at 7,,.

brian!

yeah I initially disregarded it because the numbers look so low, but it feels like it works out better in practice
anub is such a nicely considered hero talent wise

HOTS has more viewers than DOTA2 in twitch atm, at least it shows that in my iphone app, first time I've seen this happen.

Currently away visiting estonia.. It's nice, but I really miss playing hots, the addiction is real.

Alur

Yeah it's been doing better than I expected this week on Twitch. I hope it keeps up post launch week and some of these new streaming folks stay around.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I don't want to rain on your parade but there's a DOTA 2 MLG tournament on right now and MLG uses proprietary streaming software (there's about 40k viewers there).

There's also this Twitch All-Star Brawl HOTS tourney going on and 1 of the teams is captained by a popular LoL streamer/pro, 2 are captained by popular DOTA 2 streamers/pros.

It's nice that Blizzard is getting the word out on the game by bringing these people together but these numbers won't stay around very long I expect.

Alur

Voyboy with the Sonya pick. He loves that Sonya. This should be exciting at least.

I don't want to rain on your parade but there's a DOTA 2 MLG tournament on right now and MLG uses proprietary streaming software (there's about 40k viewers there).

There's also this Twitch All-Star Brawl HOTS tourney going on and 1 of the teams is captained by a popular LoL streamer/pro, 2 are captained by popular DOTA 2 streamers/pros.

It's nice that Blizzard is getting the word out on the game by bringing these people together but these numbers won't last unless these people commit to it.

I don't think anyone is implying otherwise.

Voyboy and co have contributed to the increase in numbers this week most definitely. Maybe one or two will stay around and stream every now and then. It wouldn't take much to keep HOTS on the front page anyway and that's about as good as we could expect for the time being.

kirblar

NZ Event Recap! New Info! Hit with Kiwi if old!

- IN GAME VOICE CHAT IS COMING :D :D :D Hopefully by the end of the year
- D3 Diablo skin is coming
- They're working on the SE Asian server situation, which is apparently really awkward for them right now.

Some interesting Blizzcon Panel design stuff in there too on the heroes/maps

Heh, this is the only build I liked with Anub back in the day and I remember getting called a scrub for it once. I love how everything comes 180 eventually in this game

Panthers

Voyboy with the Sonya pick. He loves that Sonya. This should be exciting at least.

I don't think anyone is implying otherwise.

Voyboy and co have contributed to the increase in numbers this week most definitely. Maybe one or two will stay around and stream every now and then. It wouldn't take much to keep HOTS on the front page anyway and that's about as good as we could expect for the time being.

I'm wondering why Sonya isn't used more. She seems so strong when I use her. Super low CDs and and an amazing ult in the berserk talent. I have a blast playing her.

Alur

She is super strong if she gets on someone, but the game just skews so range heavy most of the time that needs strong support to do her job. She could eat up a Jaina or Kael, for example, but she has to go so far in to do it (and subsequently likely die for the effort in uncoordinated games) that most people prefer to use said Jaina or Kael who can do their reaping from relative safety.

Pooya

drafting starts, first on our side picks Valla then says "I play solo"

ok, is there any penalty to quit right in that menu screen because from there you can already tell what's going to happen the next 20 minutes.

drafting starts, first on our side picks Valla then says "I play solo"

ok, is there any penalty to quit right in that menu screen because from there you can already tell what's going to happen the next 20 minutes.
You get put in a special "leaver" queue for a game or two.

Which means you get to play with awful people mostly.

Alur

You'd lose points and potentially be in the leaver queue (have to play QM til you get out with other leavers) but you'd save yourself the 20-30 minutes.

Savitar

NZ Event Recap! New Info! Hit with Kiwi if old!

- IN GAME VOICE CHAT IS COMING :D :D :D Hopefully by the end of the year
- D3 Diablo skin is coming
- They're working on the SE Asian server situation, which is apparently really awkward for them right now.

Some interesting Blizzcon Panel design stuff in there too on the heroes/maps

Was a bit amazed that the female Diablo skin wasn't included.

It's certainly better than the other two.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Zuna's positioning leaves a lot to be desired.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
pugs really are the worst.

Kurita

What's the best talent to get at level 20 with Jaina?
Love that character btw, I'm not too bad with her so I haven't really tried the other characters...

What's the best talent to get at level 20 with Jaina?
Love that character btw, I'm not too bad with her so I haven't really tried the other characters...

Bolt is almost always the right choice for any assassin, unless your team is already dominating positioning or you already picked up sprint. Even then, sometimes I get sprint and bolt just to be really obnoxious

For a lark last night I tried HotS on this tablet I got on sale for work with this fairly horrible old Intel graphics card, and I was actually able to run it on low 1024x768 and get 15-20 fps. This engine must be really well optimized.

fedexpeon

Banned
Yup, bolt is always the right choice.
You can use it to secure kill and to escape.
It does everything, offensively and defensively.

Yoshichan

Bolt is insane.

Are we sure Jainas sprint is getting nerfed btw?

Yoshichan

welp, I'm ready to play some more games... EU-GAF abandoned me :(

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
The Twitch chat in the HotS All Star tournament is hilarious. It's Dota 2 fans shitting on HotS, and HotS fans shitting on Dota 2. It's more entertaining than the stream itself.

Alur

Is this HotS all star tournament worth watching? I just tuned in.

It's interesting but it's not like tourney play for sure. A couple pros from HOTS, a couple pros from other games and then personalities. Strange or rare picks, etc etc. Very fun so far IMO compared to just watching a regular stream.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Haven't played in ages and worst of all...haven't bought the Johanna bundle (or gotten the Facebook mount). I might be done with this :/

Yoshichan

Haven't played in ages and worst of all...haven't bought the Johanna bundle (or gotten the Facebook mount). I might be done with this :/

Why are you done because of those reasons? You can still get both, right now.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Why are you done because of those reasons? You can still get both, right now.

The fact I haven't gotten either makes me think I'm done, I thought that was clear.

Might just be witcher 3 tho, which I'm almost done with. Just getting that feeling when you're away for so long you can't go back again /shrug0

K.Sabot

I love the HotS streamer tournament casters overanalyzing drafts when what mostly dictates the picks is what 3-5 heroes the players own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom