• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Buni

Dustin Browder has gone on record saying that they will continue to add characters to Heroes of the Storm indefinitely. They're not going to cut themselves off at the Dota 100 or whatever.

http://www.polygon.com/2015/1/30/7954413/heroes-storm-new-characters-maps-blizzard-browder

Point is they'll mine everything eventually. I actually hope we eventually get corrupted Leah Diablo that's more of a caster (bone prison) that can transform into Femablo for one ult or create Shadow dimension clones of the enemy team in an AoE with her other. Or Reaper of Souls Adria, or Deckard F'ing Cain before they start to mine the older Diablos.
I hope they don't go overboard with the quantity of heroes. More is not always merier and quality > quantity.

zugzug

wow I'm level 32 just had the worst match. I randomed into Valla which was fine I feel good on her as a hero both teams had a Nova except theirs was exceptionally good ended match with 11 kills and our Nova ended with 0 kills.

She was camping me so hard killed me 4 times when I was alone and everytime I felt like there was nothing I could have done to avoid death. I cannot tell you how quickly I logged out of Heroes at end of match in disgust and rage anger.

patchday

wow I'm level 32 just had the worst match. I randomed into Valla which was fine I feel good on her as a hero both teams had a Nova except theirs was exceptionally good ended match with 11 kills and our Nova ended with 0 kills.

She was camping me so hard killed me 4 times when I was alone and everytime I felt like there was nothing I could have done to avoid death. I cannot tell you how quickly I logged out of Heroes at end of match in disgust and rage anger.

As Valla, you have a sprint that you can use to get away. Second, you can usually see a little cue where Nova might be. Third, if you were getting camped you probably should've hung tight with your team

I'm guessing the enemy Nova was higher level than you though. Sounds like she had at least 2 levels on ya probably. Better luck next time.

Gathering Power is so fucking stupid right now.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

You do the same thing you would if were being farmed by a Spirit Breaker, Bounty Hunter, Nyx or Riki. You don't go out alone.

You stay with teammates. You don't position yourself close to the fog where a Nova could be hiding and burst you down from. You position yourself so she has to move out of cover to get to you. You watch during teamfights for that shimmer swooping out from cover trying to get behind you. You have mobility and a cone AoE to reveal her with. You're as much a danger to her as she is to you.

She still might get you but then she's at risk of dying herself with your team around and losing her GP stacks.

kirblar

I am now very scared that the pper towers/forts are because of Towers of Doom, with them yet again mking a systems change instead of a targeted one.

Maledict

That doesn't bode well for me, I utterly loathe the new map in every way and haven't managed to win a single game on it.

Listening to this weeks THH, and they had an utterly bizarre conversation about structures and forts, and the current tactic whereby teams can take down a wall before minion waves even hit. for some reaosn they never actually provide information behind topics, so instead of a useful discussion we had two people saying "its fine, nothing has changed" and Cooby going "Oh, its just a phase". The fact that tanks can now take double the tower shots they used too, and towers now die in half the time they used to at level 1, apparently doesn't mean anything!

They also spoke at length about Dreamhack, and yet talked about absolutely nothing for the entire time. Who cares what the atmosphere in the hall was like, I want to hear about why ETC is number 1 tank from every pro team, why Kael is now higher priority than any other ranged assassin, all the other actually useful and interesting game discussion stuff.

It's silly, but THH quality seems to depend on the guests more than the hosts. Good guests will talk about useful stuff, bad guests won't contribute or can't and that means they just spend the time making stupid frat boy jokes and talking rubbish. Episodes are so hit and miss in quality.

Haunted

This thread title has been driving me crazy for weeks. I don't know if it means that someone is sure Abathur is afk or whether it is a specific Abathur who is afk.

My eye twitches every time I see it.

kirblar

This thread title has been driving me crazy for weeks. I don't know if it means that someone is sure Abathur is afk or whether it is a specific Abathur who is afk.

My eye twitches every time I see it.
Noobs think Abathur is AFK because they don't understand how the hero works.

Maledict

Cooby is terrible in these discussions because he is a status quo apologist who doesnt like "negative" opinions.

I still don't see what he adds. He doesn't seem to have an opinion on things, even when you can tell him apart from SolidJake. At least Schamtoo gave us a different perspective as a casual player!

Skab

Dota isn't capped at 100, it's jsut that it's only 1 dude who does the balancing/hero porting from dota1 to 2 and new hero creation. People are pretty mad that not only are not every dota1 hero ported to dota2 but no new hereos have been made in the 5 years since 2 has been out. Diablo should have a diablo 1 skin, he looked so cool even in taht awful graphics, even if it's just a coloruing for him red and white horns

Just wanted to point out that this isn't true.

Auteezy

Banned
For one, Dota 2 has not been "out" for 5 years. And the two newest heroes were added in May of 2013, which was two months before the games official release.

its beta was basically open beta for the last 4+ years. fo rawhiel they had beta keys but if you had beta they would give you like 10 keys to give out to people. and by that time most people had moved from dota1 to dota2 where there has only been 2 new heroes released in 2.5 years which you just corroborated.

My favourite thing about the new map is the audio. Raven Lord and Grave Keeper are becoming characters in their own rights, and the music is funky too!

Maledict

My favourite thing about the new map is the audio. Raven Lord and Grave Keeper are becoming characters in their own rights, and the music is funky too!

The map itself is amazing - the audio, the atmosphere, everything about it is fantastic.

I just think as a concept it seems completely broken. Probably because none of the tactics we have tried have worked out for us ye, but it just seems horrendously unfun and impossible to come back on.

Skab

its beta was basically open beta for the last 4+ years. fo rawhiel they had beta keys but if you had beta they would give you like 10 keys to give out to people. and by that time most people had moved from dota1 to dota2 where there has only been 2 new heroes released in 2.5 years which you just corroborated.

Beta lasted roughly 2 years, and didn't immediately open up. They didn't start handing out bulk extra keys to people until well into the beta, more towards the last few months.

And yes, 2 new heroes in 2 1/2 years. Is that good? No. But you were still incorrect in your original statement, which is what I was pointing out to be untrue.

Auteezy

Banned
Beta lasted roughly 2 years, and didn't immediately open up. They didn't start handing out bulk extra keys to people until well into the beta, more towards the last few months.

And yes, 2 new heroes in 2 1/2 years. Is that good? No. But you were still incorrect in your original statement, which is what I was pointing out to be untrue.

i mean they stopped handing out keys about a year before release and just made it totally open, and they were doing bulk keys long before that. I'm sure this belongs more in the Dota OT than the HotS one tho.

Alur

I love the new map and how much there is to do on it. Constant objectives to take, or lanes to push with tangible results. We've had no issue with the strategy ourselves but YMMV of course. I probably love it most because of the art and atmosphere though to be honest, not the gameplay.

I wouldn't want it to become the norm though. None of the maps where you indirectly damage the core should be repeated IMO. Payoff is anticlimactic.

The real complaint to me is why the hell did a Halloween centric map got pushed back to November?

kirblar

I love the new map and how much there is to do on it. Constant objectives to take, or lanes to push with tangible results. We've had no issue with the strategy ourselves but YMMV of course. I probably love it most because of the art and atmosphere though to be honest, not the gameplay.

I wouldn't want it to become the norm though. None of the maps where you indirectly damage the core should be repeated IMO. Payoff is anticlimactic.

The real complaint to me is why the hell did a Halloween centric map got pushed back to November?
Agreed on non-repetition of victory conditions - this is like a "fixed" Blackheart's Bay to me, and I'd like to see that one rotated out after Garden.

Venus Van Dam

Neo Member
Noobs think Abathur is AFK because they don't understand how the hero works.

I remember when I argued with an Abathur because he wasn't lanning like me, then he and another teammate made fun of me the whole game...It was my first week, and after that I got way more careful before pointing out at players.

I think the new map is great. It's a see-saw, a tug of war. The selective regeneration of structures when you take keeps is an interesting idea. I've found that can make it easier to come back from a rough start. If you lose a lane it's not lost forever. There's shifting influence.

I fucking love the waypoint that teleports you from spawn to the middle of the map opens up mid-game.

I love the shifting objectives, sometimes it's split, sometimes it's a giant teamfight. When it's split, do you play it safe, try to take just yours, do you try to gank them at theirs and get both.

brian!

Im not too into it but i have a hard time understanding why

I think the idea of doing map objectives and being forced into funneling into spots over and over as a win condition is something im not into but i dunno if that's it

I like that if you go to the enemy base there are a bunch of cannons shooting at you tho

http://www.twitch.tv/khaldor
i like that kael and jaina got fbed in this draft

patchday

Anyone know why Hotslog has lost my stats? It started when the big patch that dropped recently. Hotslog no longer shows my winrate on my champions anymore. It only shows my winrate for my #1 champ actually and maybe 2 others

Maledict

Turd, your post was a bit harsh on Reddit re Khaldor - but also 100% completely correct. Were you watching the games today where he flipped out about twitch chat? I love wayching Khaldor normally but he really went off on one about people in twitch chat (which I don't even see) and it was really off-putting.

I do think he should be involved with the community and casting more, and don't like the current set-up of casters Blizzard are using (it feels very incestious to be honest), and Khaldor would be a great addition, but he needs to not flip out over dumb twitch chat.

Auteezy

Banned
Turd, your post was a bit harsh on Reddit re Khaldor - but also 100% completely correct. Were you watching the games today where he flipped out about twitch chat? I love wayching Khaldor normally but he really went off on one about people in twitch chat (which I don't even see) and it was really off-putting.

I do think he should be involved with the community and casting more, and don't like the current set-up of casters Blizzard are using (it feels very incestious to be honest), and Khaldor would be a great addition, but he needs to not flip out over dumb twitch chat.

I don't see why you would be surprised by some Johnny Sins roid rage tbh.

Alur

I don't see why you would be surprised by some Johnny Sins roid rage tbh.

KsYm7aG.gif

Auteezy

Banned
i rememebr once watching like a Code A sc2 qualifier Khaldor was casting and he was reading chat and ofc chat spammed "Johnny Sins" and he did that Khaldor 10minutes rant to say 3 words about how he has no clue who johnny sins is

Alur

LOL, the best part about the post was Khaldor responded with like a two paragraph post about how he didn't have time to read it. And wouldn't have time to tomorrow.

Syf

Banned
mama let that boy
play some rock n roll
jazz is much too crazy
he can play it when hes old

hes too young for the blues
hes still inside his first pair of shoes

HES SO YOUNG

Syf

Banned
let him play some rock n roll yea
let him play some rock n rooooooOOOOLLLLLLL OH YEAHHHHHH

*GUITAR SOLOOOOO*

Syf

Banned
*guitar*

aou AOU AOUUUUUUYAAEEAAAHHHHH

MAMA LET HIM PLAY
LET HIM PLAYYYyyyYYYY

MAMA LET HIM SAY
what he wants to saaaaaYYYYYYYEAH

LET HIM PLAY SOME ROCK N ROLL
LET HIM PLAY SOME ROCK N ROLL

Syf

Banned
nothing man just LET IT TAKE YOU AND IS THERE ANYTHING YOU WOULD RATHER DO

I WANNA ROCK
ROCK
DUH DUHNUHNUHNUH

I WANT TO ROCK
ROCK
DUH DUHNUHUNUHNUH

Fmal

Banned
Khaldor being bad at casting continues the long standing tradition of literally every single DotA-like caster being totally intolerable and bad at their job.

Syf

Banned
I DON'T GIVE A DAMN BOUT MY REPUTATION
NEVER BEEN AFRAID OF ANY DEVIATION
AN I DON'T REALLY CARE IF YA THINK I'M STRANGE
I AIN'T GONNA CHANGE

Fmal

Banned
It's kind of fucked up how I got suspended for a month for saying white people in America shouldn't own guns (like three other mass shootings caused by white people happened while I was banned lmfao) but this guy can shitpost song lyrics all over the thread and nobody cares.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom