• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syf

Banned
HAD TO COOL ME DOWN TO TAKE ANOTHER ROUND
NOW I'M BACK IN THE RING TO TAKE ANOTHER SWING

an you
SHOOK ME ALLLLL NIIIIGHHHTT LONNNG

YEA YOU

SHOOK ME ALLL NIIIIIIGGGHT LONG

Syf

Banned
WHO ALL NEED IT
WHO
WHO ALL NEED IT
YOU

WHO ALL NEED IT
WHO ALL NEED IT
YOU ALL BREATHE IT

ARE YOU READY FOR A GOOD TIME

LOL, the best part about the post was Khaldor responded with like a two paragraph post about how he didn't have time to read it. And wouldn't have time to tomorrow.

That makes it sound like he said much. He just said he's a little bit sick, has casted all day and has a flight in a couple hours.

As to the topic, the twitch chat being awful is something to expect but if he doesn't wanna deal with it it's his prerogative. He does disable sub mode during down time as well.

If you look at his output he really does a lot for the scene atm.

How is it that when you're playing a perfect game suddenly your teammates decide it's smart to go for the hard camp when the keep and the entire opponent team is already dead only to then double down on it and go for the boss when the entire team is alive. The opponents didn't have a single structure left 1 temple was all that was needed to finish the game. I'm gonna cry for a minute.

But man I do love me some tyrael, for some reason I don't feel as mana constraint anymore than I used to when playing him.

Syf

Banned
I apologize

it's all I could give

ktXfh2n.gif

LOL, the best part about the post was Khaldor responded with like a two paragraph post about how he didn't have time to read it. And wouldn't have time to tomorrow.

LMFAO yup

Think of that post as the collective bitch out of Khaldor from mcintyre's entire discord community.

It's getting downvoted to shit now as the EU people who didn't see today's cast are now showing up and are sensitive, but that's fine. Does anyone actually wonder why he doesn't get invited to professional events? It's because he's a sensitive douchebag when he casts

And this is coming from someone who actually likes his in-game commentary most of the time.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
do you still get Artanis if you buy Legacy of the Void now? I thought it was just if you had pre ordered it?

When I go to buy him now theres a warning saying I wont be refunded for him if I buy Legacy of the Void after

Indignate

do you still get Artanis if you buy Legacy of the Void now? I thought it was just if you had pre ordered it?

When I go to buy him now theres a warning saying I wont be refunded for him if I buy Legacy of the Void after

He is a part of the standard edition. The whole pre-order incentive was that they held him for a week from everyone else so that they could call it a pre-order incentive.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
He is a part of the standard edition. The whole pre-order incentive was that they held him for a week from everyone else so that they could call it a pre-order incentive.

well almost wasted 5€ then since im eventually buying LotV

Auteezy

Banned
It's kind of fucked up how I got suspended for a month for saying white people in America shouldn't own guns (like three other mass shootings caused by white people happened while I was banned lmfao) but this guy can shitpost song lyrics all over the thread and nobody cares.

Most people in america should not own guns

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Maledict

Yeah, sorry to be a drag but shit-posting the thread with random song lyrics is a bit dumb.

Topic - towers need buffs. Now. My team has settled on a new strategy we call "Charge down a lane, kill the wall". It's a really complicated start, as you can tell. The only way to stop it happening is if they do the same thing and we pick the same lane, otherwise at worse we both lose a wall and at best we just gained a level lead from the first 20 seconds of the game.

There is no-way this is intended, it's literally flipping a coin at this point to see which team has a one level lead from the start of the game.

competitive have been doing the same for awhile now. Flip a coin 4 go in one lane.

Randoms thankfully haven't caught on yet in my MMR, sadly it's hard to coordinate them to do so as well.

Maledict

competitive have been doing the same for awhile now. Flip a coin 4 go in one lane.

Randoms thankfully haven't caught on yet in my MMR, sadly it's hard to coordinate them to do so as well.

We've been sending all 5 - just to guarantee it (and a kill maybe). I'm often on Falstad so can catch the far away wave anyways.

So loving my Gathering Storm build on him now as well BTW - seasoned marksman for two tank fights, but when the enemy has a lot of squishy backliners you can make your hammer hit *hard*. We draft ETC first so the enemy almost always drafts Uther to prevent us getting the dance combo, and Uther just cannot cope with Falstad hammers hitting that hard on three squishies.

kirblar

Yeah, sorry to be a drag but shit-posting the thread with random song lyrics is a bit dumb.

Topic - towers need buffs. Now. My team has settled on a new strategy we call "Charge down a lane, kill the wall". It's a really complicated start, as you can tell. The only way to stop it happening is if they do the same thing and we pick the same lane, otherwise at worse we both lose a wall and at best we just gained a level lead from the first 20 seconds of the game.

There is no-way this is intended, it's literally flipping a coin at this point to see which team has a one level lead from the start of the game.
I wonder if TLV/Syl is even dumber now.

We've been sending all 5 - just to guarantee it (and a kill maybe). I'm often on Falstad so can catch the far away wave anyways.

So loving my Gathering Storm build on him now as well BTW - seasoned marksman for two tank fights, but when the enemy has a lot of squishy backliners you can make your hammer hit *hard*. We draft ETC first so the enemy almost always drafts Uther to prevent us getting the dance combo, and Uther just cannot cope with Falstad hammers hitting that hard on three squishies.

How are the queue times in Team League and do people still draft 3 squishy comps? Or are you counting the support in that.

Gotta buy Falstad next but having too much fun with tyrael atm. He seems to be the easiest warriors to make plays with as a soloplayer

Yo nerds. Post vods pls I'd love to watch some esports.

there's currently a tourney running in sweden, not on twitch though so no idea if there'll be vods

http://www.hitbox.tv/4kheroes

G2 almost beat fnatic and TCM almost beat Liquid all in Bo5s

Maledict

Well, if this tourney is anything to go by there's a real problem support wise right now. Teams keep running Tyrande and Tassadar as solo supports - both matches I've seen have that line up. If they are capable of running solo support then there's no reason not to, because of all the other things they bring.

EDIT: Also, I've changed my mind slightly on Falstads heroic. Mighty Gust is ace, but it shouldn't be an auto pick - Hinterland Blast is still damn useful if you have stuns, or lack damage. The final match between Fnatic and TL, Tl's Falstad took Mighty Gust and it was completely pointless because he was the only assassin on their team. It saved a couple of people here and there, but Hinterland Blast would have got them kills against a Tassadar solo healer. Blast might not be the shock and awe talent it was, but its still just under a 1000 points of damage at level 20. Feels to me like the pro's have settled into just one build on Falstad and sometimes that really isn't the best build.

Well, if this tourney is anything to go by there's a real problem support wise right now. Teams keep running Tyrande and Tassadar as solo supports - both matches I've seen have that line up. If they are capable of running solo support then there's no reason not to, because of all the other things they bring.

Tyrande is fairly easy Tassadar is pretty hard to pull off solo imo.

The owl healing build is great and a lot of fun..

kirblar

Neither should be viable as solo supports in a normal comp.

Blizzard fucked up so bad balancing them for QM instead of actually fixing the matchmaker.

Maximus.

Been playing ranked with a friend and so far it has been pretty good. Winning a good amount of games. Sucks when you have a team mate who throws a game or disagrees with the group and solos the rest of the game. Was accused of throwing a game for trying to play objective and not following exact orders from one player, which felt bad. Overall, fun times though.

Maledict

She's really not intended as a solo healer in HL.

With the owl build she puts out more healing numbers than a lot of the 'dedicated' healers. It's definitely viable to just run her, even if slightly embarrassing. Might not be intended but it's definitely working.

You are completely correct in that by taking a really stupid approach to fixing the obviously broken quick match matchmaker they have have created a much bigger problem, and it's infuriating that it's happened becusse everyone knew and said this would be the case. Why they insist on crippling themselves with these astonishingly stupid matchmaking rules is beyond me.

kirblar

I have a rant on this I'll write up tomorrow. This and the building change (that I think is because of Towers) indicate a fundamental issue with them making macro changes in response to Micro issues.

Maledict

I'm not sure there will be a patch. Heck, do we actually have any confirmation on Lunara at all? Haven't seen anything myself.

I don't think we'll see balance changes until the new year. Would love to be wrong!

Maledict

You take the owl talents at 1 and 4, then battle momentum at 7. That makes your owl pierce, and reduce the cooldown on all your abilities by 2 seconds for every person hit. What people don't realise is that it's the cooldown on *all* abilities - including your heal and your heroic. By taking battle momentum you put out even more owls, which means more cooldown reduction and heal spamming. It's sort of self feeding, and gives you a *lot* of cooldown reduction, especially when you managed to hit 4 people with an owl during a team fight.

You combine that with Shadowstalk at 10 and the heal talent at 13 (which makes your heal the best single target heal in the game), and you can easily out heal Uther in a match. At 16 you can take the owl damage talent as well if you want to have fun and giggles.

Neither should be viable as solo supports in a normal comp.

Blizzard fucked up so bad balancing them for QM instead of actually fixing the matchmaker.

I don't understand why this is a problem. These heroes don't put out the healing numbers of full supports, and thus it's a stylistic difference when you pick them as your only support. How is this any different from a Monk who picks Seven-Sided? It's really not.

I don't think they really did anything wrong in how they balanced those heroes even if they were doing it with Quick Match matchmaking purposes in mind. Tyrande is a god now more because Hunter's mark is basically twice as effective as it was before and less because of their change to Shadowstalk.

The changes to Tassadar were fucking amazing and should have been done long before they were. A hero that is crap overall but turns into a god for 12 seconds every two minutes didn't make any sense and made Force Wall bad. They needed to give him more power in his actual kit and less in his ultimate. My only complaint is that Archon was nerfed a bit too hard and is clearly inferior to Force Wall right now. If it were better he would have a legitimate damage and support build.

They really need to look at his 13/16 talents but overall it was a big step in the right direction for him

Maledict

I think the problem with Tyrande is that if you take the Owl build, she's got the best single target heal in the game, *and* she brings the stun, the mark, the mass invis ult and the highest damage of any support character. Tyrande will absolutely out out more healing numbers than most healers barring a well played Kharazim and a Rehghar who gets to late game spamming chain heal.

She can't keep groups up like Rehghar can, and she can't save people like a Uther can - but her heals are ferocious, and her kit has *so* much more in it compared to any other healer.

Fmal

Banned
I think I'd rather them leave Tyrande and Tassadar as they are and have them adjust the rest of the healers to give them more non-healing utility instead.

This game has been on the right track lately w/r/t changing/releasing heroes that make things happen, and I'd hate to see them move in the wrong direction again by nerfing two of the more uniquely-powerful heroes in the game. The overall power level of everyone is low enough that I think HotS can handle a bit of power creep.

Maledict

I think I'd rather them leave Tyrande and Tassadar as they are and have them adjust the rest of the healers to give them more non-healing utility instead.

This game has been on the right track lately w/r/t changing/releasing heroes that make things happen, and I'd hate to see them move in the wrong direction again by nerfing two of the more uniquely-powerful heroes in the game. The overall power level of everyone is low enough that I think HotS can handle a bit of power creep.

I think most people would like them to change the model away from heal bots and into supports in the Dota / LoL style of character. However, I think the odds of that happening are extremely low - it would require a massive rework across a huge number of characters, including full scale kit redesign for heroes like Uther and Rehghar. With that in mind, I'd rather we pushed for a realistic goal (nerf the living **** out of them) than leave the game in its current state.

Tyrande is just...man. First pick material, all the time, every time. You can run her as solo healer, you can run her as pure damage with sustain, or anything in between. Her mark is *such* a game changer - it turns tanks into putty and punishes them in a unique and powerful way. Combine that Mark with the rest of her pretty amazing kit and it's a recipe for disaster.

brian!

If they want to rework supports, which theyve shown no interest in, it's definitely a better sooner than later situation

Maledict

If they want to rework supports, which theyve shown no interest in, it's definitely a better sooner than later situation

Yep, they don't seem to have even taken a question on it. I suspect there's a marketing reason behind this - in the same way there are people who always play the healer role in MMOs, I wonder if their data shows there's a part of the player base that enjoys playing the heal bot role, and doesn't want the pressure that a more active, play-maker support role would bring.

Some people love heroes like Medic and Lili, it might be that Blizzard judge the value of that a lot higher than we do.

brian!

I started playing wow for the first time cuz it's 5 bucks, i feel like i understand some of the decisions that were made about heroes better because of it

Oh for all the overwatch homies in the thread, future maps/heroes will be freeeee, im def on it now

I've had vastly superior results with Tassadar lately as a solo support (superior to my previous efforts I should say), but of course I'm just a QM peon. Also for whatever it's worth, I find he's practically the only support that syncs well with Artanis. Malf I guess would be good too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom