• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alur

He tried IIRC. Knowing him he succeeded.

You should never doubt the Yoshichan. It's like pissing into the wind. It'll always blow back in your face.
:D

Indignate

I though this was Yoshi but it was American dollars and not whatever his currency is called.

4GlgVrq.png

It really doesn't feel like there's much upside to playing Kael'Thas right now. It's all of the dive/position changing heroes combined with his less than successful re-invention. While he may no longer be a Falmestrike/Flamethrower/Ignite mortar anymore, he's still a mono-build hero. Some skill tiers present no real option, some abilities are stupidly useless, while others, though useful, come at the cost of relevant damage output. Sunfire Encantment is just useless. Fury of the Sunwell is an interesting talent, but there's isn't really a Lapsed Gravity/Flamestrike build and you are almost always better off choosing need to choose Arcane Barrier. Without it, you make one mistake in regards to positioning, and that's harder to avoid with all of the dive, position changing abilities, you die and cost your team a teamfight, an objective, whatever. It just feels like one mistake is so costly now. One death feels like it decides so much. With Arcane Barrier you might survive one mistake, without it, you're just dead.

It just feels like it's a warriors game at the moment.

Maledict

The upside to Kael'thas is the fact he's the highest ranged damage dealer in the game and has a long range stun. Both are very desired right now, and I think a lot of Kael's don't use the stun enough.

Kael brings pressure to a team more than any other hero in the game - you cannot sustain a fight against him because the chain bombs will just wreck you.

I agree completely on his talent trees being messed up though, they utterly failed to introduce variety with his rebuild.

It is a warrior's game atm but teams still need someone to dish out damage and KT is #1 there.

Gravity Lapse is such a good skill it's not even funny, heck half the time I use it to save a teammate in a pickle.

Like Maledict said you can't outsustain a KT and the positioning it requires just puts you in bad positions all too often. Kharazim and BW having hard times in particular

patchday

You take the owl talents at 1 and 4, then battle momentum at 7. That makes your owl pierce, and reduce the cooldown on all your abilities by 2 seconds for every person hit. What people don't realise is that it's the cooldown on *all* abilities - including your heal and your heroic. By taking battle momentum you put out even more owls, which means more cooldown reduction and heal spamming. It's sort of self feeding, and gives you a *lot* of cooldown reduction, especially when you managed to hit 4 people with an owl during a team fight.

You combine that with Shadowstalk at 10 and the heal talent at 13 (which makes your heal the best single target heal in the game), and you can easily out heal Uther in a match. At 16 you can take the owl damage talent as well if you want to have fun and giggles.

Was wondering what owl build was thanks

kirblar

It was pointed out on Reddit that all the top contested 6 heroes have very good stuns. CC tonedown is something id expect w stun times across the board.

I love it when I'm playing Abathur and fucking Dragon Shire pops, the team comps are similar except we have all ranged, our support is Tassadar, somehow we have me instead of a tank, and the other team has a non-suck Murky and a non-suck Nova.

The only thing worse than babysitting fucking everyone is babysitting fucking everyone while having to maintain against Murky and not being able to sit in the middle of a lane for long because of Nova.

I guess that loss made the spider queen matchup the next game more interesting though since I was in full frantic mode at that point.

protonium

That's been the meta for months now hasn't it? Stun at 16, and depending on the line up double charge at 13 as well?

I haven't seen anyone take berserk or executioner for absolutely ages.

I think Brian's referring to Relentless Leader at 13. I take executioner when I'm with Jaina most of the time.

Maledict

I mean when he gets cced, i think it's level 13?

Oh yeah - yep, it's started to appear. Not sure it helps that much on him due to his lack of escapes, but right now stuns are King. My teams ideal draft is ETC, Tyrande, Thrall, Kharazim and Kael - which brings 4 proper cc tools plus two heroics as well for further lockdown. It really shows how powerful it is when you layer stuns on folks, even tanks go down fast.

Maledict

I wonder if they could just move relentless down to lvl 4 or 7 to alleviate some of the stun issues.

Problem at the moment seems to be not enough people have it. ETC has such a rang in his stun now, and Kael and Tyrande both have longer range stuns than most attacks, so it's not the tanks who need protection it's the carries and supports.

There's no real counterplay other than Tyraels Sanc or Uthers Divine shield right now, and the issue with both of those is their cool down is a lot more than the stuns.

brian!

I feel like changes that directly address cc are too large in scale, like it basically would reorganize the entire game again. I dont think cc being strong is a bad thing, maybe change some of it so it isn't point/click cc -> skillshot/more involved ways of applying cc?

Alur

I agree on that. Landing KT's cc, for example, feels much more satisfying than just clicking on someone's face with Uther.

If, hypothetically, Uther's cc was skillshot based like his W that would both make him more interesting and make the cc feel less shitty.

Changes like that could affect the prevalence of it in the game without it feeling like the entire play-style has shifted.

This game has already had a few fundamental shifts in play style and just had another one with the last patch. Too much of that and they'll lose more people than cc wars will ever lose them.

Maledict

I agree on that. Landing KT's cc, for example, feels much more satisfying than just clicking on someone's face with Uther.

If, hypothetically, Uther's cc was skillshot based like his W that would both make him more interesting and make the cc feel less shitty.

Changes like that could affect the prevalence of it in the game without it feeling like the entire play-style has shifted.

This game has already had a few fundamental shifts in play style and just had another one with the last patch. Too much of that and they'll lose more people than cc wars will ever lose them.

I think for me it feels like ETC is the main issue. His stun talented is just ridiculous, and incredibly easy to hit - even in pro games you see people caught out by how far he goes with the talented powerslide. The fact he can then facemelt you backwards and body block you makes it practically impossible to escape. Tyrande and Kael at least have to use skill in hitting their stuns.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Cerato

Neo Member
For Tyrande, the main thing is to land stuns, just because it's really fun.

So, as long as you're improving at that, you're improving at Tyrande.

Otherwise, spec as an assassin, pop in and drop shreds on your team's targets, land stuns, heal people, and throw owls around for vision.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
So we can refer a friend to earn that Vulture mount. Oh and a profile pic.
Wait wait wait, what's going on here? How do I get this? Link plz

You have got to be fucking kidding me that to get the Vulture mount you have to recruit people to play...ugh.

I've been literally waiting to get this mount since announcement and was prepared to just pay up the moment it became available. Do I have to just give people a link and it counts for me or do I have to convince people to play with me or what?

SoundLad

From battle.net:

We’re offering a week-long 50% XP Bonus for all players in the Nexus, which should help your new recruits get a head-start toward their Recruit a Friend rewards in Heroes of the Storm!
The XP Bonus begins at 10:00 a.m. PST on Tuesday, December 8, and ends at 10:00 a.m. PST on Wednesday, December 16 for players in all regions.

This should take the sting off levelling up your alt/smurf accounts at least.

Unless anyone wants my Recruit a Friend link (PM me) to make life easier.

Yoshichan

Four accounts to lvl 10 huh?

Gotcha.

SoundLad

Oh, on top of the 50% extra XP bonus for all accounts, the new recruit accounts will also have a stimpak applied too so it really shouldn't take more than an evening or two to complete 4 smurf accounts to lvl10.

Itching to get home now...

Alur

Worth noting that if you make a smurf to help someone, you also get a stimpack for 5 days. So right now you'd get the bonus from stimpack plus the 50% exp bonus on that brand new account.

Account level 10 is very easy to get that way.

Alur probably has enough Alts for all of us :p

Not a single one of them will work for this lol. 5 level 40 accounts, none valid. Sucks.

Putting this recruit stuff in the game makes me think it is not doing so well.

I would argue the opposite.

Plus like every MMO does this after WoW did it, and if Blizzard has done anything with HOTS it has been MMO-ify the hell out of MOBA.

Can't we just create 4 new free accounts of our own and register using our own link? Am I missing something?

It would suck leveling this shit up ourselves but, I hate trying to "recruit" people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom