• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valus

2/4 accounts complete. Think I'm gonna wait till next week to do the next two, kinda tired of the free rotation of this week...

TxdoHawk

I never, ever take Gust. Not that I'm a great Falstad player, though I do play a lot of him.

Have dominant builds emerged yet since his tweaks? I was experimenting with a somewhat Hammer-based build (Gathering Storm/Power Throw/Battle Momentum/Blast/[situational]/Hammer Time/Nexus Frenzy) but wasn't overly impressed. Even when you have gobs of opportunities to throw hammers into big teamfights, the bonus damage on Gathering Storm doesn't seem to do much. I think I'm going to try experimenting with Bribe and Updraft more at 1.

Milly79

Winter veil next week

http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/19981656/winter-veil-begins-next-week-12-11-2015

15 GP - 4 day SP
50 GP - 10 day SP

Free festive treasure goblin

New Skins

Greatfather Winter Stitches
Sugarplum Sylvanas
New Bundles

Winter Veil 2015 Bundle
Sylvanas
Sugar Plum Sylvanas
Stitches
Winter Veil 2015 Ultimate Bundle
Sylvanas
Sugar Plum Sylvanas
Stitches
Jaina
Winter Veil Jaina
Rehgar
Great-father Winter Rehgar
Reign-Deer Mount
Returning Skins

Great-father Winter Rehgar
Winter Veil Jaina
Returning Mount

Reign-Deer
Price Changes

Zagara’s prices will be reduced to 4,000 Gold and $6.49 USD.

...assblar

kirblar

92cc40db2c40854d7a085db2b48974073c396274

Alur

So two comments:

1) Is the Winter Veil Treasure Goblin staying after the event is over? It seems ambiguous. It says: The Festive Treasure Goblin Mount will arrive alongside Winter Veil, but this limited-time Mount can’t be purchased. No, this particular Treasure Goblin is feeling extra generous, and will be available to all players for free during Winter Veil!

Surely it's not temporary, but it gives me pause.

2) Thanks Blizz for the free 14 days of stimpack. I'll be sure to use them after the yearlong stimpack you got me on the hook for.

Alavard

So two comments:

1) Is the Winter Veil Treasure Goblin staying after the event is over? It seems ambiguous. It says: The Festive Treasure Goblin Mount will arrive alongside Winter Veil, but this limited-time Mount can’t be purchased. No, this particular Treasure Goblin is feeling extra generous, and will be available to all players for free during Winter Veil!

Surely it's not temporary, but it gives me pause.

2) Thanks Blizz for the free 14 days of stimpack. I'll be sure to use them after the yearlong stimpack you got me on the hook for.

1) I'm leaning toward believing that it is gone after the event. Usually if something can only be earned for a limited time, they say something like 'simply log on at any time during the event...', and they didn't say that here.

2) Yeah, you and me both on that one, lol.

Alur

Kind of a waste of the art department's time if it's only here for a few weeks. But that really is what it looks like.

brian!

I never, ever take Gust. Not that I'm a great Falstad player, though I do play a lot of him.

Have dominant builds emerged yet since his tweaks? I was experimenting with a somewhat Hammer-based build (Gathering Storm/Power Throw/Battle Momentum/Blast/[situational]/Hammer Time/Nexus Frenzy) but wasn't overly impressed. Even when you have gobs of opportunities to throw hammers into big teamfights, the bonus damage on Gathering Storm doesn't seem to do much. I think I'm going to try experimenting with Bribe and Updraft more at 1.

The popular build atm is
seasoned
power throw
secret weapon
gust
gkillah
Stun
frenzy/better z

Just played against a Falstad with Gust and it basically amounted to us being gently knocked back briefly from wrecking their shit. We had heroes that would have been fucked if they got knocked out of position into their team, they had slows, stuns and roots but he didn't try to get behind anyone, ever, to use it. In every instance he used Gust, he would've been better served by the nuke in pretty much every instance.

I think if you're playing solo queue, be it QM or HL, you're better served with the nuke. Unless you're in one of those preternaturally coordinated group of randoms that you luck into every now and then.

brian!

Ppl should def use what works better for them. Im personally kind of wary of blast w/o stuff like gathering power

It's fairly simple to use gust to break a group apart or use it to recover your team's cds tho

An argument against blast could be that it's really unreliable w/o help from your team for not so great reward

There are so many instances where Hinterland Blast would've cleaned up in that match. 2-3 kills on average. Their Falstad even saved my teammates from Misha stuns and other disables.

Milly79

Know what's kinda fun? Conj + Arcane Intel on Jaina. Been using it during this AI grind, pretty fun and never having to go back (yeah, it's bots). Wonder how well it'd work in a real game.

kirblar

Really? I mean I can see why, but I think it's still a good pairing.

And FINALLY, the grind is dead.
It's just an enormous amount of mana restoration if you just get one minion wave under blizzard, and if you go frost bolt build you can just spam it forever.

Fmal

Banned
I'll be mad if Blizzard puts the Vulture on the store. Prestige things that you can't get just by spending money are awesome.

Quadratic

I'll be mad if Blizzard puts the Vulture on the store. Prestige things that you can't get just by spending money are awesome.

I know. I think my time is worth more than grinding for a mount.

I wonder how many actual signups Blizzard is getting vs smurfs leveling up in AI games.

Fmal

Banned
I mean, this isn't a limited time thing. Neckbeards will multibox or bot or whatever for a month, and then things will go back to normal.

Without fail, every time a game puts a RAF thing in, angry entitled nerds bluster about how Blizzard is turning their backs on them or whatever on Reddit before forgetting about it.It happened with Smite, it happened with WoW, it happened with FFXIV and it'll happen with this game.

Zafir

I really wanted the Vulture, but putting it behind RAF just cemented me not getting it.

Anyone who I wanted to get into HotS I already had(and they're now over level 5).

I don't really want to waste my time creating more smurf accounts.

Fmal

Banned
I really wanted the Vulture, but putting it behind RAF just cemented me not getting it.

Anyone who I wanted to get into HotS I already had(and they're now over level 5).

I don't really want to waste my time creating more smurf accounts.

That sucks, but part of life is acknowledging that you don't deserve everything.

Zafir

That sucks, but part of life is acknowledging that you don't deserve everything.
I wasn't even complaining, nor commenting your post.

I don't get why you're so defensive of Blizzard, or RAF rewards. People can complain if they want to, and they will. Sure they'll forget in time, because it's not important enough to waste your time complaining about something for any longer. No need to insult people calling them angry entitled nerds.

Either way complaining doesn't do anything. Blizzard have been doing RAF rewards for years, and as far as I remember, none of them have been made available through other means.

Fmal

Banned
I wasn't even complaining, nor commenting your post.

I don't get why you're so defensive of Blizzard, or RAF rewards. People can complain if they want to, and they will. Sure they'll forget in time, because it's not important enough to waste your time complaining about something for any longer. No need to insult people calling them angry entitled nerds.

Either way complaining doesn't do anything. Blizzard have been doing RAF rewards for years, and as far as I remember, none of them have been made available through other means.

Sorry duder, I didn't realize this was your diary thread. Sorry for reading and responding to your post.

How did you make it this long?

I don't understand.

I'm convinced a team consisting of Murky + 4 ranged characters would have a 90% winrate.

Also candy cane Sylvanas is cute and I will buy her just to apparently disgust you all

/edgy

Alur

Neckbeards

angry entitled nerds bluster

To be a good thread bully you can't use obvious insults. You passively insult.

Plus you're complaining about others whining while simultaneously bemoaning Blizzard potentially removing the novelty of a mount.

Where's Alur when you need him

I go away for a bit and this Fmal dude shows up trying to take my job.

Sorry mane I've been replaced. RIP.

Also candy cane Sylvanas is cute and I will buy her just to apparently disgust you all

/edgy

NOW you like a skin. Of course it'd be this one.

Found my new favourite UE target, Tyrande. stuns heals damage that char just has it all even untalented.

Just had a Sonya that had zero clue how to play the game, like seriously she was laning a lane when we had 0 keeps left and 2 temples were up. I even wrote in the chat that we need to stop both to not lose but to no avail. Not particularly on a loss streak but my winrate this past week was poop.

never my fault... duh

Alur

Yeah she's just too good right now.

Confession: I've only played about 7-8 games total in over two weeks. Least I've played since Artifacts were introduced in Alpha.

Venus Van Dam

Neo Member
Yeah she's just too good right now.

Confession: I've only played about 7-8 games total in over two weeks. Least I've played since Artifacts were introduced in Alpha.

I've played 0 games in the last 3 weeks, which leads me to the following: I'm in Paris, going to be here for a while and I'm without my gaming pc. Does anyone know if there is any kind of PC Bang so I can have my hots fix for a reasonable price?

Milly79

Did anyone else listen to THH when Bae was talking about playing chicken with each other and everyone losing it? I can't stop cracking up.

i almost puked

I love how passive/aggressive people are with that brief window before you can stop posting chat at the end of the match.

Also, with quality stuff like this, I'm surprised it took this long for people to take issue with some of Fmal posts/posting style.

It's kind of fucked up how I got suspended for a month for saying white people in America shouldn't own guns (like three other mass shootings caused by white people happened while I was banned lmfao) but this guy can shitpost song lyrics all over the thread and nobody cares.

patchday

figured I'd practice with Nova in QM. I thought I got trolled with a bad composition. I decided to focus on Sonya after LiLi and we managed to pull out a win.

Was disappointed I died so much on Nova. Very used to Raynor and Valla with their escapes

[edit] Now to think of it the enemy team got stuck with 4 warriors, lol QM

WYGLvJm.jpg

TxdoHawk

The popular build atm is
seasoned
power throw
secret weapon
gust
gkillah
Stun
frenzy/better z

So I played a few matches with this (blast instead of gust though) and yeah, I can see why it is the popular build. Especially if you need to melt warriors, I made an E.T.C. absolutely miserable.

Maybe it's just because I always play QM and my MMR is probably garbage-level, but it seems almost no one wants to spend money on this game. Pleb horses, Brokebeasts, and Mechanospiders for days. It'd probably stay about as exclusive.

Alavard

Maybe it's just because I always play QM and my MMR is probably garbage-level, but it seems almost no one wants to spend money on this game. Pleb horses, Brokebeasts, and Mechanospiders for days. It'd probably stay about as exclusive.

Really?

I see paid skins and mounts everywhere. Especially since the sale started. And when a new hero comes out, that week I generally see at least 25% of them with their bundle skin. Artanis was the main exception because so many people got him from the LoTV preorder, and thus didn't get the chance to get his Purifier skin at a discount.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom