• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.
guys

i just wanted to say that the conditioner and powder that i bought recently has been SUPER EFFECTIVE

love it ♥

You should legit post an off-topic thread discussing your purchases and some before/after/tutorial photos. I mean, make-up isn't my thing, but it'd still be interesting.

Indignate

I am doing disgusting things right now.

asdfasdf.jpg

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
You should legit post an off-topic thread discussing your purchases and some before/after/tutorial photos. I mean, make-up isn't my thing, but it'd still be interesting.
!!! I might do that!

Best 10K spent since buying Alpha Murky.

4XqSs7v.jpg

I don't care what tier this hero is in, there's not much else in this game I find as satisfying as landing a double stun and Grav-O-Bomb. Plus the turret build is super viable right now with so many fixed objective fight maps.

Maledict

I'm guessing from the lack of announcements, brawl with the blues etc, that we aren't getting Lunara tomorrow. Which means at minimum a 5 week gap if you count Cho'Gall when she's finally released, and much more if you don't count him as he's a gimmick hero.

It's not great TBH. Especially considering the poor quality of heroes released over the last 6 months in general. Leoric was the last hero I was actually excited about...

They spent a week at Blizzcon and are going to put in the matchmaking and balance updates with her. I'm surprised people are so surprised

It certainly sucks but I haven't played this game in months and I have been waiting for the new MM to jump back in so I can probably wait another week.

I will say the ranged meta in competitive is super interesting right now and it will be fun to see if (and who) Lunara kicks certain heroes out of the meta just by being good.

She looks good, but I assume her health pool must be microscopic given her mobility + the wisp. Not sure if want. Tempted, though.

Looked pretty small from the video. Around 3:35 you can see her get busted up by a Muradin/Valla quickly.

Wisp is going to be so amazing in QM Solo Queue. It'll make a huge difference in letting weaker allies be aware of things I feel I'm already expecting.

Strider

Should be, given what was said. 50% off until the end of the year, new releases included.

I haven't seen her bundle skin and/or mount, are they cool?

I missed where they said new releases would definitely be included. That's great though.

Here is a youtube video where you can see the skins for Lunara: Link

Go to 00:51 on the video to begin the Lunara showcase. I really like the default color for the Sentinel skin. I'll be rolling with that.

brian!

Looked pretty small from the video. Around 3:35 you can see her get busted up by a Muradin/Valla quickly.

Wisp is going to be so amazing in QM Solo Queue. It'll make a huge difference in letting weaker allies be aware of things I feel I'm already expecting.

Still gota ping it probably

Been playing smurfs so i dont have the funds for lunara she looks fun tho

Maledict

Never happier to be proven wrong - thanks Blizzard! ;-)

Presuming no actual balance changes with this, given the lack of the PTR and short downtime. Presume they are still wanting to see stuff settle out before implementing buffs and nerfs as needed. It's not like there's a huge amount of major tournaments now going on that need the issues around Tyrande / Tassadar / Kael / ETC fixing.

Alur

The video made me more excited for her than I was previously. Was mainly looking forward to Greymane.

I wonder with her...is she going to fall in the Nazeebo trap, sans the heroics?

The spread damage/DoT damage is a real fickle beast. In HOTS it's proved itself to generally be very overpowered or very underpowered. Seems like it's hard for them to hit the sweet spot with it. We saw it with Zeeb and with Sylvanas. And here we've got another DoT assassin.

Alavard

Lunara coming tomorrow is making my Butcher hungry for venison.

Edit - Actually, now that I stop to think, I'm not sure if Butcher will be good against Lunara or not. Sounds like she's got the hp of a wet paper bag, but she's also got mobility and great poke.

brian!

Her numbers seem really high but i actually dont know what the numbers are post-scaling

Like all her autos seem to pretty much be a focused attack, itd be cool if she was prtty strong and malf ended up coming back

Valus

She would eat Butcher alive imo. Melee is gonna get rekt so hard by her in lane. A good Lunara will be able to trade pokes with other ranged fairly easily since all she has to do is apply her DoT and back off.

I think Raynor will be a good counter to her cuz of his passive.

Alavard

She would eat Butcher alive imo. Melee is gonna get rekt so hard by her in lane. A good Lunara will be able to trade pokes with other ranged fairly easily since all she has to do is apply her DoT and back off.

I think Raynor will be a good counter to her cuz of his passive.

Yeah, now that I stop and think about it, I think you're right. That baseline move speed bonus probably just kills any chance the Butcher has. He'd have to kill her within the space of a charge, an autoattack (maybe two), and a hamstring. Otherwise, she's going to get away, and chip at him from afar (plus her poison working on him, and those slows...). It's going to be like fighting a Nazeebo that has mobility. Not a good matchup.

Milly79

I wonder with her...is she going to fall in the Nazeebo trap, sans the heroics?

The spread damage/DoT damage is a real fickle beast. In HOTS it's proved itself to generally be very overpowered or very underpowered. Seems like it's hard for them to hit the sweet spot with it. We saw it with Zeeb and with Sylvanas. And here we've got another DoT assassin.

I think she'll be better. She has to be damage wise, she's an assassin. IIRC, people that played her at Blizzcon said she just poops out damage. Yeah, most of it is going to be fluff, but it's gotta be more base wise compared to other DoTs.

Got 15k earmarked for Lunara, dunno if I'll buy that bundle but I will buy the hero for sure. The dots, range and vision tools look great. But she lookis like she'll get into as much trouble as Artanis if she gets stunned.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Probably the same thing that happens to Artanis mid-dash attack. She gets knocked out the move and caught horribly out of position.

i imagine he just keeps chasing her until she gets caught on the ground rather than being knocked out of it. if she's in the air i would think it works a little differently.

That hero spotlight has me excited for Lunara. Really wish we got Greymane...would love if they somehow got him in before the end of this sale.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Anyone played this on low spec stuff? I got a 11.6" Lenovo Flex 3. It has a Celeron N2840 and 4GB RAM, 2GB VRAM for the integrated Intel graphics. I wonder how garbage it would run HotS even on low. Possibly even worse than the crap I was getting on my AMD? I unfortunately missed the big sale.

Kenaras

I'm almost done with my Vulture mount grind thanks to training mode. Wish I had done this last week.

It's really pretty easy when you do it that way. Took me a day-and-a-half of just running HotS in the background while I was busy doing other things. Got the Vulture without playing a single game.

Maledict

Huh you can do it without even playing?

In training mode you don't get kicked for being AFK, and you will always win I. The end because it puts 4 elite bots against 5 beginner bots. Also you won't get reported for afking either because there's no other human player in your match.

Zafir

In training mode you don't get kicked for being AFK, and you will always win I. The end because it puts 4 elite bots against 5 beginner bots. Also you won't get reported for afking either because there's no other human player in your match.

Ah right, of course.

May actually go to the trouble if you don't even have to play then.

scoobs

Man, this gathering power buff... this is not good for the game. You can't even play non-stealth assassins in quick match right now. Just instantly killed by Nova every time you leave the safety of the towers.

Maledict

Man, this gathering power buff... this is not good for the game. You can't even play non-stealth assassins in quick match right now. Just instantly killed by Nova every time you leave the safety of the towers.

Nova in general is not good right now - even without GP, if she takes envenom the scaling changes means she's not healthy early on.

She falls into the same class as Murky for me - she might be balanced in the overall game win rate, but in terms of fun if you play ranged carries then she is utterly toxic. She can utterly annihilate any back ranged dps right now, and that's just not a fun game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom