• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alur

Haven't played in ages and worst of all...haven't bought the Johanna bundle (or gotten the Facebook mount). I might be done with this :/

The burnout turned into complete apathy eh? I can't blame you honestly. You hit it just as hard as Yoshichan has (and several others of us have as well) and all of us hit a bit of a burnout point. I've done it in several games. Usually I go back after a months, but sometimes I don't. At least you burned brightly for a time. :D RIP in peace Rhaknar, supporter of Big Top Gazlowe. Now his watch has ended.

It's still the same game you loved with the same things you hated. The main differences now are a few more heroes and maps and that EU GAF actually has enough players to play together and does play together regularly.

IIRC you got frustrated when you reached the AI going self-aware point (I know what I'm doing, WTF are these randoms doing? point), but if you ever play again in the future at least the randoms could be GAF folk some or most of the time.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I just feel as if it's totally easy to jump into this game after a long break. Why shouldn't it?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Did I hate something? I don't remember hating anything in particular :/

My last few games were all wins too lol (like 5 wins spread around like 2 months)

You mentioning Gaz slightly made me want to play again btw lol

Savitar

I was just on a team with Abathur.

You know where this is going right.

WRONG.

He was the second highest in damage for the match.

I got the tops. But damn at him being able to do so well.

Strider

You're not done. You just got burnt out for a bit seems like.

I honestly don't know anyone that's gotten really into a moba then just stopped for good. They always come back... Or play a different moba lol

K.Sabot

You're not done. You just got burnt out for a bit seems like.

I honestly don't know anyone that's gotten really into a moba then just stopped for good. They always come back... Or play a different moba lol

Yup that's how I did it.

Went from LoL > burn out > got a Dota 2 beta inv > multiple years > burn out > Smite > back to Dota and trying out HotS.

I want to return to Smite someday too, very fun game.

Alur

I just feel as if it's totally easy to jump into this game after a long break. Why shouldn't it?

I took a 3 month break or so in Alpha so yeah, you can do it. Takes you a few games to catch back up to the changes/new additions, but it's not too bad.

Well, whatever you want to call it. Hate, dislike, have a distaste for. Matchmaking and solo queue in general I guess.

You were pretty frustrated with the streakiness if you go back and read. I remember some of us were saying maybe don't play so many games back-to-back because the rubberband always gets you like that...but then you just took a break altogether. Now you are saying RIP.
hotsgaf sadgaf

Yup that's how I did it.

Went from LoL > burn out > got a Dota 2 beta inv > multiple years > burn out > Smite > back to Dota and trying out HotS.

I want to return to Smite someday too, very fun game.

my moba history is exactly that except i only played a few matches of dota beta. im thinking of checking out smite again too, esp because its on xbox one now.

if you have an xbox one and want a beta key for smite let me know, i have two.

Double

I was just on a team with Abathur.

You know where this is going right.

WRONG.

He was the second highest in damage for the match.

I got the tops. But damn at him being able to do so well.
I got both top damages with Aba in most of my ~15 games with him too, yet my winrate is under 25% lol. It's just not enough with him, it seems :(

My last few games were all wins too lol (like 5 wins spread around like 2 months)

You mentioning Gaz slightly made me want to play again btw lol
By the way next week

->

Big Top Gazlowe sale

not even kidding!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
wait wait...clown Gaz is on sale next week? I didnt even check the sales (thats how off my game I am), you serious? I cant find this on the blue posts

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Honestly, what the fuck is up with these random lag spikes from time to time? They are game breaking and happens once every 2-3 games. It's absolutely retarded.

Rhaknar

just logged in and got a kickass armored wolf mount from having a lvl 100 wow character :eek:

Alur

Honestly, what the fuck is up with these random lag spikes from time to time? They are game breaking and happens once every 2-3 games. It's absolutely retarded.

Whenever I've seen it, it's been me. Something (usually Steam or Windows) downloading in the background or my internet just shitting out. Something is giving you a hiccup.

just logged in and got a kickass armored wolf mount from having a lvl 100 wow character :eek:

Blizzard going hard with the hooks. But yeah, Big Top Gazbro next sale.

patchday

What the heck? Sometimes I only get 30 gold while other times after a match I net 1,000+ gold. Anyone knows why? Going to see if I can track down a guide.

Rhaknar

Blizzard going hard with the hooks. But yeah, Big Top Gazbro next sale.

why didnt you tell me earlier, you know ive been seething for it >_<

just got the Johana bundle and the Tiger mount (also didnt know it was on sale). Hooray for spending money on shit you dont play

Alur

What the heck? Sometimes I only get 30 gold while other times after a match I net 1,000+ gold. Anyone knows why? Going to see if I can track down a guide.

When it's 30 you're seeing standard payout. The rest of the time you are seeing standard + what you get for completing dailies. If you see 1000+ then you probably completed more than one daily at once or as Xater said you may have hit an account level with a large gold payout.

Also, if you just hover over the total it'll tell you where it all came from.

I'm fairly certain that I replied to whoever posted about it in thread saying how excited you were gonna be.

Rhaknar

so how do I get this spider mount then? I dont use facebook >_>

Yoshichan

just got the Johana bundle and the Tiger mount (also didnt know it was on sale). Hooray for spending money on shit you dont play

Grats man! Good purchases :)

Xater

When it's 30 you're seeing standard payout. The rest of the time you are seeing standard + what you get for completing dailies. If you see 1000+ then you probably completed more than one daily at once.

Also, if you just hover over the total it'll tell you where it all came from.

I'm fairly certain that I replied to whoever posted about it in thread saying how excited you were gonna be.

He might also just have leveled up his profile.

patchday

When it's 30 you're seeing standard payout. The rest of the time you are seeing standard + what you get for completing dailies. If you see 1000+ then you probably completed more than one daily at once or as Xater said you may have hit an account level with a large gold payout.

Also, if you just hover over the total it'll tell you where it all came fro.

That's a big help thanks

Yoshichan is supposed to come in France to watch Blizzcon with me, but he's spending all his money on HOTS :(

I think he needs an intervention from GAF, we need to help him :(

Alur

For you, Rhaknar:

OCjTzNH.png

I can't wait for a real Voyboy team.

i hope if he does it he does it for fun, he seemed really burned out by league

He seems pretty fun. I'd like to see it too.

brian!

I honestly didn't think he'd pick it up that quick, but I guess if you're a pro, you're a pro.

Kay is on TS, right?

there's not much to pick up imo, anyone who was good at league can probably pick this up really quick, which is why im excited for ppl jumping ship in ~2-3 months. compared to dota, league is more rotation focused and objective hungry so the transition would be pretty smooth once you understand some basic things

i dunno who kay is but i think srey was on a team

voyboy is one of those ppl think he's a great guy and want good things to happen to him ppl, it'd be great if he could make some money off heroes
i didnt watch team link, but i assume it's old clg black, so that means link has been playing this game for maybe like 2 weeks haha

patchday

It's a bug, you aren't really getting 1k per match.

Yeah I really did get the gold when it said I was awarded 1,000 coins. I'm up to 3k coins. Only L5. Want to hit L6 and unlock the quests to see what's that all about

Just won a match just now too. Having fun with this fast paced gameplay.

Milly79

there's not much to pick up imo, anyone who was good at league can probably pick this up really quick, which is why im excited for ppl jumping ship in ~2-3 months

i dunno why kay is but i think srey was on a team

voyboy is one of those ppl think he's a great guy and want good things to happen to him ppl, it'd be great if he could make some money off heroes

Well he is playing Illidan and it helped he had Aba, but he really knew his limits on engage/disengage which is honestly a hard thing to judge coming into the game.

They said Voy's team has been playing for like a week together. Not sure aside from Pam as she plays all the time.

Rhaknar

Alur uses white Gaf...

nicolascageconfusedemotions.gif

oh Magic Carpet sale also?

Rhaknar

wait Butcher, Leoric, Diablo map, bunch of diablo themed skins...wtf, Witcher is really making miss everything o_O

guess im not done with the game afterall lol

brian!

yah voyboy's been playing for at least a month i think, his gf pamcakes plays constantly

that diablo map looks amazing

Double

wait Butcher, Leoric, Diablo map, bunch of diablo themed skins...wtf, Witcher is really making miss everything o_O

guess im not done with the game afterall lol
welcome back :D
Ye, gonna buy me dat surfin' carpet too

also, head to the mumble to join up with GAF to play next time. SoloQ fun x100.

yah voyboy's been playing for at least a month i think, his gf pamcakes plays constantly

that diablo map looks amazing
Wait I thought she was looking like her, why did she change her name... well to be fair I guess I know =]

RazorK1d

Does anybody know how long it takes for the mechanospider mount to show up after you redeemed it on your battle.net account?

Yoshichan

Does anybody know how long it takes for the mechanospider mount to show up after you redeemed it on your battle.net account?

It should be there asap!

jetsetrez

I have no idea how Blizz was able to get Voyboy to play Heroes, but even as someone that never played more than the tutorial of LoL I know how popular he is. I don't think Blizzard could've asked for a better result for this tourney to bring in viewers than for his team to be doing this well. Really would love to see Heroes surge in popularity. Also was that Huk from SC2? What's he doing playing Heroes on a different team? He seems about as good at Heroes as he is at SC Kappa.

Alur

I have no idea how Blizz was able to get Voyboy to play Heroes, but even as someone that never played more than the tutorial of LoL I know how popular he is.

From what he said on his first HOTS stream a few days ago (or I presume it was the first) he has at least played Sonya/Illidan/Zeratul in the past so I guess he tried beta or alpha at some point.

How they got him to do this, though? I dunno. But its exposure for him to people who had never watched League too I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom