• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maledict

Her health regen based off of targets affected by her trait seems really strong. She's got decent sustain for teamfights, especially with her targeted poison wave ult. Each damage tick is a heal over time.

It's not per target affected - it's just a small heal if you have someone affected. At level 20 it's 41 health per tick, which seems minuscule. At the same tier as the wave clear talent, which seems extremely strong - she demolished buildings faster than anyone it seems if she takes that.

Lunara has the single most irritating run animation of any character in the history of video games

It's like watching a student driver alternate between the brake and accelerator for 30 minutes

I think this might actually give me a headache or motion sickness

I hope I get used to this because I dumped 15k on her out of the gate

It's hilarious, I spend an hour theorycrafting over her talents at lunch, and then after two games with her I can tell both builds I came up with won't work and there's only one that's now apparent to me

Alur

Guess Zoia wasn't playing about Fan (presumably).

I can't see wanting Arth over Fan but that's just me I guess. And that's before his history as a malcontent is considered.

At best it strikes me as a lateral move. I don't get it.

RIP McIntyre's dream team too maybe. I figured someone would get pissed and leave. Didn't expect it like this.

Alur

Was supposed to play this evening with Milly but got retconned into taking the kids to a thing so I am just playing her right now. She's pretty fun.

Alur

Lunara is probably the MMO-iest feeling character in HOTS (that isn't a support).

The way you have to dance during fights, or can dance, makes it feel very much like you're fighting a raid boss the entire time. Just trying to stack your dots and avoid the bad stuff while keeping your DPS up.

Good times.

Just had a match where my QWER keys simply stopped functioning and a few other keys suddenly had different functionality. Enter would Tab through chat targets rather than submit chat. Escape became Alt-Tab and right shift became escape. I "alt-tabbed" out of the client, killed the .exe through task manager so I could rejoin the game. Relaunched the game client, same issue.

I reset my keybindings to default through the menu once I found the key it was suddenly assigned to, nothing changed. Then towards the end of the match, things just started working correctly again. I've been playing since the Alpha, I have never encountered or heard of that issue.

Edit: A difference I've noticed between the good and bad Lunara's I've played with tonight, how often and effectively they use the wisp.

Edit: A difference I've noticed between the good and bad Lunara's I've played with tonight, how often and effectively they use the wisp.

I had someone in an AI game last night pull a whole Elmer Fudd routine. At the start of match: "Be vewwy vewwy quiet, i'm hunting Abathurs!" Then he basically would send his wisp to hell and back going "here Aba Aba Aba.... here Aba Aba Aba..."

Lunara is interesting. Her total lack of burst means you don't get that satisfying "YOU DIE NOW" button combo like Kerrigan or Butcher. But the tradeoff is some fantastic "go ahead and run, you're already dead, you just don't know it yet" poison tickdown kills as they try to flee.

But in just a few games I think i've also realized that she's going to *force* me to learn how to stutter step. I can't see being effective without it. EDIT: apparently you can't SS with her anyway, so..hmm...

Alavard

For anyone that doesn't follow HotS on Reddit, Thrall has a bug with his Grace of Air talent. It should give double Frostwolf Resilience stacks, but once you take the talent, you no longer gain any stacks when using Windfury.

TxdoHawk

Pretty much. I've been taking the first wisp talent (increased speed/vision) because it means even in tense situations where you need to boss/objective check ASAP, your wisp gets there long before your face does.

Alur

So people are going the W talents for basic attack damage increases?

I haven't played her much, but the W talents seem to be the way to go.

Sometimes i want to murder people. I cannot stand dragonshire anymore with randoms, i dont know how you can have 2k games behind you and be so bad at rotation.

kirblar

The reddiy thread whining about not being able to stutterstep w Lunara is hilarious/sad. Multiple people realize whats going on (that its likely intentional so that you do less damage if you're moving) yet so many are sitting around wondering why blizzard wont let them use their "skill" on her.

Alur

The reddiy thread whining about not being able to stutterstep w Lunara is hilarious/sad. Multiple people realize whats going on (that its likely intentional so that you do less damage if you're moving) yet so many are sitting around wondering why blizzard wont let them use their "skill" on her.

I don't see the thread.

EDIT: I saw the talk on Twitch though. So her AA's don't reset with movement like other heroes?

brian!

It's the one called lunara autoattacks, apparently her bounding animation needs to complete before you attack again

In league there is a champ called kalista who does a little hop after every autoattack but walks normally outside of that, here it kind of seems that lunara just passively has ms and a locked in moving animation that ppl feel conflicts with the auto/cancel/move/auto that is typically available

It's the one called lunara autoattacks, apparently her bounding animation needs to complete before you attack again

I just wish they did something to make the bounding animation smoother. It's so... i'm not even sure what the word is... hitchy? Like there's some unnecessary pause or missed frame or something in the middle of it. It just looks wrong.

kirblar

Lunara's movement takes longer to complete than her AA cooldown.

Blizzard was unlikely to be unaware of this when they released her.

The MMO raiding DPS analogy is spot on- move for less deeps and greater surviability. Stand still to pewpewpew.

brian!

The idea that this was done to keep her power in check is kind of crazy to me lol

Still on the fence of buying her, ill prob wait till next week to decide, thrall has this bug but i mean i dont even use that build so

What the hell is stutterstep? Spamming walk in between attacking? I assume this is only the standard ranged autoattack thing? I mean, I thought that was just normal playstyle for ranged autoattacking, but if there's some way you're supposed to do this with melee characters I guess it's time for me to quit this game.

I finally got used to Lunara's animation without developing a headache or motion sickness last night, but it's hilarious to think there's a technical problem with it too.

protonium

What the hell is stutterstep? Spamming walk in between attacking? I assume this is only the standard ranged autoattack thing? I mean, I thought that was just normal playstyle for ranged autoattacking, but if there's some way you're supposed to do this with melee characters I guess it's time for me to quit this game.

I finally got used to Lunara's animation without developing a headache or motion sickness last night, but it's hilarious to think there's a technical problem with it too.

Stutter stepping is moving in between attacks. It's most effective with ranged heroes although it works with melee heroes as well. One benefit is that it allows you to skip post-attack animations to do something useful, like reposition your hero.

Peace?

Alur

I dunno if it was intentional by Blizzard or not, or at least intentional insofar as artificially limiting her. I suppose it could be, but seems like it'd be easier to just balance her around it being usable than to restrict it.

Either way, I've had fun with her.

Stutter stepping is moving in between attacks. It's most effective with ranged heroes although it works with melee heroes as well. One benefit is that it allows you to skip post-attack animations to do something useful, like reposition your hero.

Peace?

Welp

Just never occurred to me to try this with a melee character. I'm gonna be bottom tier forever basically because I have a hard enough time with positioning while moving as is. Plus I hold right click to move in between team fights already because spamming right click aggravates my carpal tunnel syndrome.

This game is no country for old men
playing assassins anyway

How do you stutter step?

Attack, move, attack, move, attack, move. The best hero to stutter step with is Raynor because he out-ranges everyone in the game with his auto-attack. They move towards you, you move back, they move back, you move forward, attacking all the while.

Valus

Welp

Just never occurred to me to try this with a melee character. I'm gonna be bottom tier forever basically because I have a hard enough time with positioning while moving as is. Plus I hold right click to move in between team fights already because spamming right click aggravates my carpal tunnel syndrome.

This game is no country for old men
playing assassins anyway

For melee assassins it's not -that- crucial in regular level play. Repositioning is more important for warriors imo. Like if you're ETC, Tyrael, Artanis, or someone that can easily get behind an enemy, attacking and repositioning is crucial to body block and secure kills.

Quesa

Attack, move, attack, move, attack, move. The best hero to stutter step with is Raynor because he out-ranges everyone in the game with his auto-attack. They move towards you, you move back, they move back, you move forward, attacking all the while.

Oh, thanks! That's actually pretty common in other mobas.

It's also kind of fitting given that he is just a special marine and when I think of stutter stepping in Starcraft I always think of marines first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom