• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Improved Matchmaking:

screenshot2015-12-172masow.jpg

screenshot2015-12-172qvsqh.jpg

I think that's my worst game ever in about 1000 games.

Alur

Haha, you know it's bad when even the mod is calling it out.

I've been lucky in my games vs a bigger group so far I guess. Or you guys have been unlucky in yours.

I still think it's shortsighted. Then again, maybe it gets altered in some way going forward with phase two and three or whatever other phases.

The spread of player account levels, both account and HL, seem better, but the team compositions have been worse overall in my experience. I honestly think they should have waited to drop in the matchmaking changes in sometime after Lunara was released. If only a week or two. New heroes always skew matchmaking simply because of the sheer number of people queueing as the hero and I don't think that's helping.

Because not all mobas are the same.

That's not a reason. Clearly they made a design choice, I'm just curious what their thinking was.

Similar thing with towers not targeting heroes during skirmishes unless there's no creeps nearby.

Jumping into forts/keeps just doesn't seem prohibitive enough to me imo. Many heroes also lack reliable and cost effective ways to try to knock people out of stealth. Being able to rely on certain areas being stealth-revealing would be a plus I think.

kirblar

That's not a reason. Clearly they made a design choice, I'm just curious what their thinking was.

Similar thing with towers not targeting heroes during skirmishes unless there's no creeps nearby.

Jumping into forts/keeps just doesn't seem prohibitive enough to me imo. Many heroes also lack reliable and cost effective ways to try to knock people out of stealth. Being able to rely on certain areas being stealth-revealing would be a plus I think.
They royally fucked up with nerfing buildings this patch.

Is there a reason towers/keeps don't have true-sight like in every other moba?

Invisible heroes aren't truly invisible in HotS whereas in Dota they are. There's a predator shimmer that you can clearly see if you're half paying attention. The problem is playing a hero that can reveal invis heroes reliably. Some heroes have truesight abilities while others just have handy AoE's to knock the invis unit out of stealth.

For example Jaina is great for this, all three of her abilities can reveal an invis hero and put them in a horrid position. Zeratul and Nova are just as vulnerable to Jaina as she is to them. Kael'thas only has his stun but can choose an AoE truesight/vision talent.

Milly79

Invisible heroes aren't truly invisible in HotS whereas in Dota they are. There's a predator shimmer that you can clearly see if you're half paying attention. The problem is playing a hero that can reveal invis heroes reliably. Some heroes have truesight abilities while others just have handy AoE's to knock the invis unit out of stealth.

For example Jaina is great for this, all three of her abilities can reveal an invis hero and put them in a horrid position. Zeratul and Nova are just as vulnerable to Jaina as she is to them. Kael'thas only has his stun but can choose an AoE truesight/vision talent.

He could get lucky with a Q hit.

Maledict

Towers and forts have always been weak in this game by design

That is true - structures have never been the killers they are in other MOBAs. For me and my group, the current changes have put them on the two weak side though - the fact that charging down a lane as 5 at the start of a match and getting a free wall is a bit ridiculous, and they now offer so little protection to defending heroes as well. It feels like they need a small tweak right now.

brian!

That is true - structures have never been the killers they are in other MOBAs. For me and my group, the current changes have put them on the two weak side though - the fact that charging down a lane as 5 at the start of a match and getting a free wall is a bit ridiculous, and they now offer so little protection to defending heroes as well. It feels like they need a small tweak right now.

Yea for sure

Muddimar

I leveled Lunara to 4 last night. She is soooo squishy. I think she will likely get some buffs in the near future. Her base move speed is ok I guess, but you still have trouble chasing down some heroes for the kill. If you can get the Abathur hat, she becomes pretty strong. I dunno, fun to play, but difficult to be mvp.

Maledict

The fact that attack speed doesn't seem to actually help her unless you are stood still seems to be a real issue - especially as she has a talent herself that increases her attack speed. Stimming Lunara was a waste of time because unless she's stationary it doesn't do anything because of the movement animation...

Muddimar

I feel like they need to increase Lunara's range on her basic attack, or something. Something feels like it's missing, I just can't put my finger on it.

Valus

The fact that attack speed doesn't seem to actually help her unless you are stood still seems to be a real issue - especially as she has a talent herself that increases her attack speed. Stimming Lunara was a waste of time because unless she's stationary it doesn't do anything because of the movement animation...

I'd only take the attack speed talent along with the range bonus. They seem to stack nicely.

TxdoHawk

She definitely needs tweaks. I can see why Blizz were hesitant to make her too strong though, small buffs are probably going to have a dramatic impact on her viability.

I'd like to see a small range buff on Q and a health buff. I think that would be a good starting point.

brian!

There's a niche build that takes it w/ gp but thats nitpicking

Nether wind is pretty good against stealth, but yeah stealth characters are good against kt

brian!

Oh woops

Part of what made me interested in this game was experiencing stuff like no building reveal and structures being whatever after playing doto and league, im pretty into those things

Milly79

It's possible but with that telegraph it's unlikely. Maybe with Empowered or with Flamethrower it's a little more likely, but no one picks that range talent anymore.

I do from time to time, just depends on how the game is going. It's still pretty fun. Although I don't ever play him since he's level 20.

Pooya

I launched the game after sometime, it downloaded some patch. I was greeted with Greymane on main screen. cool new hero, played with him in try mode, came back it's now Lunara on screen then I realized Greymane isn't supposed to be out yet. So yeah I played with Greymane and he seems fun, Lunara? zzz

Muddimar

I launched the game after sometime, it downloaded some patch. I was greeted with Greymane on main screen. cool new hero, played with him in try mode, came back it's now Lunara on screen then I realized Greymane isn't supposed to be out yet. So yeah I played with Greymane and he seems fun, Lunara? zzz

Too bad you couldn't have purchased him real quick lol. That would have been great!

Alavard

Greymane being already patched in is good news though, probably means we will get him before 2016.

$5 heroes > $5 footlongs

Doubt it. The 3 week hero is often already patched in. 3 weeks from Lunara would be Jan 5th going by the pattern.

The good news is that Dustin Browder already stated on twitter that the holidays shouldn't have an impact on the schedule to push it any farther back.

TxdoHawk

Doubt it. The 3 week hero is often already patched in. 3 weeks from Lunara would be Jan 5th going by the pattern.

The good news is that Dustin Browder already stated on twitter that the holidays shouldn't have an impact on the schedule to push it any farther back.

Boo urns! That's too bad, but what can ya do.

Maledict

I guess they are switching to a 4 week schedule for releases.

I suspect its more that they will have time off at Christmas, and straight after new year might not be best for a release. Let's see what the next heroes are after Greymane.

(Arcane wizard from Diablo to complete the set and match the new season, yay! )

I do from time to time, just depends on how the game is going. It's still pretty fun. Although I don't ever play him since he's level 20.

Flamesthrower/Ignite empowered Flamestrikes tagging a Nova or Zeratul from downtown was so damned satisfying back in the day.

I still play KT even though he's 20. I Kinda wish you could prestige and reset your hero level like you'll be able to in Legion PVP.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
they showed Tracer at Blizzcon, are they going to just hang onto it for months or let us play her in January after Greymane is out?

Alur

Is there a thread for forming teams for Team League or do we just do that in here?

Yeah no team league teams here really. With all the different people and playtimes and investment, the skill levels vary widely.

You could try and put one together for fun and profit with a hodgepodge of people, but doubt there's much interest for something really serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom