• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
The tilt for three days in a row is real... I can't believe what's going on :(

Perhaps the game scales your MMR with the amount of stuff you buy from the stores? Ever since I bought all those cool skins and mounts three days ago, I've been getting completely stomped. I feel physically ill...

Chaos17

Saw this on reddit.

9AOQLtA.gif

*azmodan helped to finih the guy in green team :p

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
You have no idea how excited I am for big top Gaz :(

Alur

The tilt for three days in a row is real... I can't believe what's going on :(

We've had it too a bit. Went from winning 60-70% of our games for 4 or 5 days to two days in a row of just barely breaking even by the time we log.

The worst part is the losses come first before the wins so you're always like "one more". If you won three or four and then went on a two loss streak you could just be like "ehh, that's enough for today" but that's not how it's been.

patchday

looks like its bout to go down in a bit with the final fight between Team VoyBoy and Wagamalla (spell?).

Looks like Johana is killing it already. My main was a female crusader on diablo 3. Tempted to bite on that character....

kirblar

I'm very happy that they've added a competitive warrior.

Now if they'd fix all the warriors they reworked into oblivion.

patchday

facebook page, check Heroes of the Storm on facebook. I had to spam some of my friends. I think the game advertised to them (I selected 5 buds).

might have been an easier way or something. But only took a few mins

RedZaraki

Banned
So guys, what's the general thumbs up/thumbs down here? Do you guys intend to stick with this MOBA or does it kinda blend in with the other guys?

I like watching competitive team games and hoping this one is another cool option.

Mulgrok

The pricing for heroes in this game is retarded, but it doesn't add complexity for the sake of complexity like in other mobas, so i may try it out.

So guys, what's the general thumbs up/thumbs down here? Do you guys intend to stick with this MOBA or does it kinda blend in with the other guys?

I like watching competitive team games and hoping this one is another cool option.

According to Blizzard it's not a moba, it's a hero brawler lol. BUT for me personally I like it. It's different enough from DOTA/LoL and the games are typically less than 20 min so good for a quick pick me up type of game.

The pricing for heroes in this game is retarded, but it doesn't add complexity for the sake of complexity like in other mobas, so i may try it out.

Just play and level the free characters to lvl 5 and do dailies and get gold. I've made over 14k gold over the past couple days

Well, the game isn't completely free like DOTA but I don't think the heroes are priced too high. You get enough gold from quests and lvling up. I don't even play a crazy amount and I've been able to get pretty much all the heroes I've been interested in playing.

I think I've only been playing for about a month and a half and I have more than 12 heroes I think.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
What?
It is only a mount...

Spoken like someone that is new to the thread (like Yoshichan earlier) :p

I buy everything in this game. Or used to for months when I was hardcore into it.

The fact that I still hadn't bought the Johanna bundle days after she came out and didn't even bother to get a free mount made me think I might really be done with this (instead of saying I am because I haven't played lately).

fedexpeon

Banned
Well, the game isn't completely free like DOTA but I don't think the heroes are priced too high. You get enough gold from quests and lvling up. I don't even play a crazy amount and I've been able to get pretty much all the heroes I've been interested in playing.

I think I've only been playing for about a month and a half and I have more than 12 heroes I think.

You guys are crazy.
The price is too high.
I have to use real money to get 70% of the roster.
Slim pack+bundles are the only way to play efficiently in HL.

Alur

I'm not sure if:

A) The other team isn't that good.

B) Voyboy has unlocked the Sonya potential

C) Everything broke perfectly for Voyboy's Sonya

D) Voyboy is just that skilled/smarter than whoever he played innately

E) Some combination of the above

but I'll be damned if every time he played Sonya the enemy didn't just let him Spear right into their backline and tear it to shreds.

Milly79

I'm not sure if:

A) The other team isn't that good.

B) Voyboy has unlocked the Sonya potential

C) Everything broke perfectly for Voyboy's Sonya

D) Voyboy is just that skilled/smarter than whoever he played innately

E) Some combination of the above

but I'll be damned if every time he played Sonya the enemy didn't just let him Spear right into their backline and tear it to shreds.

A, D for sure imo.

You guys are crazy.
The price is too high.
I have to use real money to get 70% of the roster.
Slim pack+bundles are the only way to play efficiently in HL.

I agree that the real money price is high for some characters but I just play games, do dailies etc and earn gold and buy characters...that works for me.

Alur

Not to drip with hyperbole, but that was the most fun Heroes tournament I've watched since the Kings of the Storm days. The only exception would be when Tempo went into Go4 Heroes and all the way to the finals which was awesome as well.

People just picking whatever they had/were good with, Jake and Cooby doing their thing, etc. Was good stuff.

pigeon

Banned

Personally, having started out pretty lukewarm on the idea, I'm definitely a fan.

I think RPS's review was spot on -- this is one of the first attempts at a MOBA I've seen that feels intentionally designed, rather than carrying along a bunch of stuff that came in with the Warcraft III engine and never fell out. Just the shortened match time makes a huge difference in terms of fun for me. I also like the teamfights more -- survival time is longer overall and there aren't really carries to worry about.

I do think the game is a lot simpler than League, but Hearthstone taught me that simplicity is no barrier to pro/streamer interest. I also think the character design isn't quite as strong as League, but League has improved a lot since its early days as well.

In terms of success potential, I think it's basically guaranteed. Blizzard is Blizzard, they created esports, they have tie-ins for years (get ready for Overwatch simul-launch on HotS), and if they were going to cancel the game they would have done it already. People will play the game, which means people will stream it, which means pros will play it. Believe.

Vamphuntr

Kael is so strong and I read around and saw he was nerfed already. Pyroflare is ridiculously strong if you have a good them that shields you.

Kogepan

Level cap is 40? i'm already level 35 after playing for a week and was considering getting the starter bundle, put i already bought raynor with gold. So i'm really only getting 2 characters and the stimpack for $5...and stimpacks not really worth it since I'm close to 40 already?

Mechanospider is best free mount, especially the 2nd color variation. I don't plan on buying any mounts.

Level cap is 40? i'm already level 35 after playing for a week and was considering getting the starter bundle, put i already bought raynor with gold. So i'm really only getting 2 characters and the stimpack for $5...and stimpacks not really worth it since I'm close to 40 already?

You can still use them for leveling up your heroes.

fedexpeon

Banned

I use it for additional gold.
Might as well since I am playing less game to unlock more heroes.

Alur

Beyond that initial rush to 30/40, most people here seem to use it to level heroes up for skin variant unlocks or to get the master skin at level 10. It also helps to pay for said master skin when you get there or to slowly add to the coffers to buy other heroes.

Rhaknar

I take it those videos on heroesnexus of the map and butcher spell info is all old news?

brian!

Personally, having started out pretty lukewarm on the idea, I'm definitely a fan.

I think RPS's review was spot on -- this is one of the first attempts at a MOBA I've seen that feels intentionally designed, rather than carrying along a bunch of stuff that came in with the Warcraft III engine and never fell out. Just the shortened match time makes a huge difference in terms of fun for me. I also like the teamfights more -- survival time is longer overall and there aren't really carries to worry about.

I do think the game is a lot simpler than League, but Hearthstone taught me that simplicity is no barrier to pro/streamer interest. I also think the character design isn't quite as strong as League, but League has improved a lot since its early days as well.

In terms of success potential, I think it's basically guaranteed. Blizzard is Blizzard, they created esports, they have tie-ins for years (get ready for Overwatch simul-launch on HotS), and if they were going to cancel the game they would have done it already. People will play the game, which means people will stream it, which means pros will play it. Believe.

intentionally designed is a really good way to put it, it really feels like they were successful in creating the base game they were trying to make

Rhaknar

Yeah that's some of the stuff we saw yesterday.

Guess Butcher is deffinately next the. Would prefer Leoric oh well. I like that he's a
fat
assassin tho

Gears

I keep feeling like I'm playing stitches the wrong way. All I really do is pull, eat people, and body block them. Aside from that, damage seems minimal. Suppose that's how tanks go but I also feel like I'm missing something

Alur

Guess Butcher is deffinately next the. Would prefer Leoric oh well. I like that he's a
fat
assassin tho

Yep, kirblar thinks Leoric will be the one after that and that illustration we saw seems to back that up. Definitely means he's gonna be somewhere in this Diablo "pack" at least.

I keep feeling like I'm playing stitches the wrong way. All I really do is pull, eat people, and body block them. Aside from that, damage seems minimal. Suppose that's how tanks go but I also feel like I'm missing something

He was more than a hook, gorge, and body blocking til a few patches ago. He used to have great damage and was a little more tanky (he was basically default first pick in competitive/hero league for tanks for a long while), but they took most of that away and made him more or less a hook with a big body.

Savitar

Just won a game which was a blast.

I realized near the end one guy playing Illidan did 11,000 damage.

We actually made a nice come back at the end.

Cannon balls!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
what a rollercoaster day it's been :lol

started off so bad... me just losing over and over again... but then, much later in the day, I started losing together with EU-GAF. Suddenly losing became FUN!

18/28 total games lost today

good night ♥

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom